• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Batman: Arkham Knight

Here's a question for people who know a lot more than me:

In the patch "notes" they recommend having 12GB of RAM on Windows 10 to avoid using the Pagefile. Obviously the pagefile runs a lot slower than RAM but is there something specific with the way Win10 accesses the pagefile that would cause require them making a Win10 only recommendation?
 
"After extensive testing, a hard drive paging issue with some GPUs on Windows 7 may occur after extended gameplay sessions. If you encounter this, simply re-launching the game will resolve the issue"

I wish they would be more specific...which GPU's does this occur with?...what is considered an 'extended gameplay session'?...3 hours?...5 hours?...10 hours?...does the pagefile issue only occur with Windows 10?...I recently upgraded to 12GB System RAM for my Windows 7 64-bit system
 
Ran it for 2 minutes and ran out of memory at 4.7gb being used just by the game :(

Smoother, though, for sure
 
Okay the game is very much NOT fixed. I decided to load up my 94% finished game and holy fuck. Performance is still a shit show. Driving around in the Batmobile is fucking terrible. Frame rate is all over the damn place, at times the game will simply stop for a full second or more before continuing, insane microstuttering all over the place. After just a couple minutes to driving around I couldn't stand it anymore.

Afterburner, for whatever reason didn't want to display in game so I'm not sure exactly what was going on but fucking hell. I think it played BETTER before the interim patch.
 
Okay the game is very much NOT fixed. I decided to load up my 94% finished game and holy fuck. Performance is still a shit show. Driving around in the Batmobile is fucking terrible. Frame rate is all over the damn place, at times the game will simply stop for a full second or more before continuing, insane microstuttering all over the place. After just a couple minutes to driving around I couldn't stand it anymore.

Afterburner, for whatever reason didn't want to display in game so I'm not sure exactly what was going on but fucking hell. I think it played BETTER before the interim patch.

Disappointing considering all the time they took to fix it. What resolution do you run? There is always the option of the console versions for those of us with PS4 or Xbox One. Have heard good things about those. I am still leaning toward the PS4 version, having read similar posts pre-patch.
 
All max settings @1080p. The dip to 50 is when the car bursts through while being chased by the Batmobile. The old FX-9370 and 290 still hanging in there. :)

22FE5E02B729B0C9DE0F5F82158506A70DB7AE0D
 
Disappointing considering all the time they took to fix it. What resolution do you run? There is always the option of the console versions for those of us with PS4 or Xbox One. Have heard good things about those. I am still leaning toward the PS4 version, having read similar posts pre-patch.

1920x1080.

I've already beaten the game once. I was looking forward to playing it again but now, ugh. Maybe I'll play with settings at some point and see if any combination of settings produces a playable results but at this point I'm just fed up with the whole situation.
 
All max settings @1080p. The dip to 50 is when the car bursts through while being chased by the Batmobile. The old FX-9370 and 290 still hanging in there. :)

[bigass image]

Try playing the game and see how it goes for you. The benchmark looked great on my system. It ran it no problems at all with an average of 59fps. Trying to play the game on the other hand....
 
ignore the benchmark tool...I heard it doesn't show correct performance numbers...instead it shows how your system should perform
 
Try playing the game and see how it goes for you. The benchmark looked great on my system. It ran it no problems at all with an average of 59fps. Trying to play the game on the other hand....

Ha ha! Man the game runs at 59 fps if on foot. The game seems to turn on VSYNC even if I disable it. Runs as smooth as a baby's bottom. As soon as you enter the Batmobile all hell breaks loose. If I start smashing into parked cars, hit turbo, and shoot rockets; which you have to do during the driving sequences, the game will dip into the mid 30's.

I was doing so much stuff that I made it CTD. Batman has stopped working... Blah, blah, blah. It uses 6.7GB of the 8GB of ram in my system and pegs my CPU at 81%. I didn't check the pagefile usage, but my pagefile is on a SSD anyways. The game is being played from (2) 2TB HD's in Raid0. They are my dedicated gaming drives.

Poor Rocksteady. :(
 
Ha ha! Man the game runs at 59 fps if on foot. The game seems to turn on VSYNC even if I disable it. Runs as smooth as a baby's bottom. As soon as you enter the Batmobile all hell breaks loose. If I start smashing into parked cars, hit turbo, and shoot rockets; which you have to do during the driving sequences, the game will dip into the mid 30's.

I was doing so much stuff that I made it CTD. Batman has stopped working... Blah, blah, blah. It uses 6.7GB of the 8GB of ram in my system and pegs my CPU at 81%. I didn't check the pagefile usage, but my pagefile is on a SSD anyways. The game is being played from (2) 3TB HD's in Raid0. They are my dedicated gaming drives.

Poor Rocksteady. :(

Yep, sounds like my experience though I didn't play long enough for it to CTD. I'm going to get supper but when I get home I think I'll try to investigate further and see what exactly the game is doing to my system when it's running. I'm annoyed that it's still broken but now I'm super curious about exactly what it's doing.
 
There is a blurb in the release update that says this:

After extensive testing, a hard drive paging issue with some GPUs on Windows 7 may occur after extended gameplay sessions. If you encounter this, simply re-launching the game will resolve the issue.

How such an issue got through after all the drama boggles my fucking brain.
 
There is a blurb in the release update that says this:



How such an issue got through after all the drama boggles my fucking brain.

They think their customers will buy anything. Well they don't think that... They KNOW this to be true.

For every person that turns their nose up at the game, 100 more will buy it and tell the guy who boycotted that he's stupid for having values.
 
Definitely runs better for me, especially the batmobile. Though if the steam fps counter is to be believed my fps hasn't really changed. In fact, even though it is set to 60fps max, it seems pegged to 29/30 fps at all times unless I look directly at the sky in which case it jumps to 60. I haven't tried it with all the nvidia works crap turned on yet.

It was only a 2gb update for me, even after restart.
 
don't worry Batman fans, the next performance patch is just 2-4 months away!

what have they been doing these past 4 months if the page file and other major performance issues still haven't been addressed...and no, re-starting the game is not a fix
 
don't worry Batman fans, the next performance patch is just 2-4 months away!

LAWL! I just told my buddy to buy it before coming here and finding out it was broken in new ways. I didn't even think that was possible. Hope it runs well for him on the GTX 970 I picked out for him. Canadians don't carry guns right? Might find some buckshot in my ass. ;)
 
The previous patch made the game run fine for me...on foot. Things don't hit the fan until you get into the car.
Plus, those benchmarks always have odd hiccups. Even on the old ones, mine would jump from 60 down to 40-50 when changing scenes. The real gameplay doesn't spike like that.
If this patch didn't fix the batmobile, those sequences might just be a lost cause on the PC.
 
Yeah, that's sorta bullshit imho.

It was "released" then "recalled".

yup, I'm sure Steam users will be flagging this latest version with negative reviews as well so it won't really help...maybe a few weeks/months down the road this version will be flagged as 'beta release'
 
It feels more fluid but I have a problem with the Batman Universe when it's all serious which is the opposite of the comic books and doesn't do Gotham City Impostors justice which is the best Batman game in my opinion.
 
It really says something about WB, when they pull the game for months, and re-release it in just about the same state as before. This is quite baffling. Guess I'll go ahead and just remove it from my wishlist. Good grief...
 
I just upgraded my system RAM this past week from 6GB to 12GB...talk about perfect timing!...Arkham Knight needing 12GB RAM is crazy
 
Massive improvement for me.

Before this newest update simply turning my camera in a circle would cause the game to like hitch crazy.

But now it seems to be completely fixed i'm getting almost no stuttering even when upscaled to 4k running into everything with the batmobile and all settings turned up.

I recommend against using the game's AA even though it says it's smaa its implementation is as bad as the worst fxaa I've seen, rain almost become invisible at 1080p and it ruins the specular highlights on most textures.
 
I wonder if Nvidia will be releasing new beta or WHQL drivers this week for this re-release or if we have to wait 2 weeks for the next driver which will most likely be Game-Ready Fallout 4 drivers
 
I want to see some comparisons between the interim patch released in August and the new patch...did WB/Rocksteady really do nothing for 2 months except add in DLC support like people are claiming??...if true Rocksteady should quit the PC business and stick to console exclusives
 
Single 980 Ti @ 1080p surround 60fps.
Seems pretty good.

https://www.reddit.com/r/pcmasterrace/comments/3qngft/arkham_knight_has_been_optimized_running_at/

Anyone else have results?

Thats not exactly the 1080p people are thinking of lol

I just upgraded my system RAM this past week from 6GB to 12GB...talk about perfect timing!...Arkham Knight needing 12GB RAM is crazy

Next gen games are here. People need to upgrade there potato's if they want to run games at max settings 60fps.. ( 1080p / 1440p )

I knew the patch wouldn't really fix performance that well. Old hardware gives bad results.. No surprise there. Have to blame your PC at some point.
 
Next gen games are here. People need to upgrade there potato's if they want to run games at max settings 60fps.. ( 1080p / 1440p )

I knew the patch wouldn't really fix performance that well. Old hardware gives bad results.. No surprise there. Have to blame your PC at some point.

Yes its always end user error, never the developer/publisher pumping out unoptimised trash in the hope that no one will notice :rolleyes:

Too bad the numerous youtubers with monster rigs documenting the appalling performance is sufficient to categorically refute your nonsense white knighting.
 
Yes its always end user error, never the developer/publisher pumping out unoptimised trash in the hope that no one will notice :rolleyes:

Too bad the numerous youtubers with monster rigs documenting the appalling performance is sufficient to categorically refute your nonsense white knighting.

Whatever. Keep jumping on the bandwagon. Cause your nonsense is getting old too. You seem to think the game runs bad for everyone.
 
Whatever. Keep jumping on the bandwagon. Cause your nonsense is getting old too. You seem to think the game runs bad for everyone.

So by your "logic" they worked with Valve and Greenmangaming to offer refunds, pulled the game, and paid people to work on it for four months for no reason?
 
Yes its always end user error, never the developer/publisher pumping out unoptimised trash in the hope that no one will notice :rolleyes:

Too bad the numerous youtubers with monster rigs documenting the appalling performance is sufficient to categorically refute your nonsense white knighting.

exactly...who's talking about people with old hardware??...people with 980ti's and more are having issues...Dion needs to do some simple online research before spouting his usual rhetoric...he did the same for AC: Unity and every other game...for him every game runs at 200 fps with 16X AA and max eye candy...all he needs to do is look at benchmarks online or browse through some forums to see performance numbers for people with high end rigs
 
Whatever. Keep jumping on the bandwagon.

"Whatever".....a typical answer from someone who has nothing else to back up their ridiculous claim that WB pulled the game for 4 months because "BANDWAGON". Oh god, not the dreaded BANDWAGON, won't someone think of the poor publishers!

Cause your nonsense is getting old too.

If me challenging your nonsense, which at times looks more like professional astroturfing, is to much too bear then feel free to add me to your ignore list.

You seem to think the game runs bad for everyone.

Its runs bad for enough people for WB to SUSPEND sales for an entire 4 MONTHS whilst spending money to get the game into an acceptable state....in what fucking parallel universe do you exist in that makes you think a business is prepared to do that unless it has absolutely no choice :rolleyes:
 
Last edited:
Back
Top