• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Batman: Arkham Knight

Ran it off 4TB raid 0 mechanical drive and it was fine.
I may throw it on my SSD Raid and see if there is a difference but I doubt it

WB mentioned in their last update that they were looking to improve performance on mechanical drives

•Fixed low resolution texture bugs
•Fixed hitches when running on mechanical hard drives (HDD)
 
Can anyone confirm the texture streaming bug with high framerates is fixed? I deleted the game to make room for others, so I want to be sure before I download another 50GB again.
 
Can anyone confirm the texture streaming bug with high framerates is fixed? I deleted the game to make room for others, so I want to be sure before I download another 50GB again.

You could probably wait for the patch to be officially released, and a more general consensus that issues have been fixed before going all-in on this game.

Not to pile on, but MGS5 squeaks in just under 30GB and I think the actual download was in the lower 20's :D
 
I wonder if it's too late or if people will forget this debacle if Rocksteady fixes the game...
 
Oh hell no. People will not forget this debacle. WB has already joined the EA with companies to avoid.
 
Oh hell no. People will not forget this debacle. WB has already joined the EA with companies to avoid.

EA has a history of this (along with Ubisoft)...Rocksteady has been excellent until Arkham Knight so maybe people will be more inclined to give them a pass if the re-release turns out to be amazing
 
EA has a history of this (along with Ubisoft)...Rocksteady has been excellent until Arkham Knight so maybe people will be more inclined to give them a pass if the re-release turns out to be amazing

The previous Arkham games weren't necessarily the best ports but they weren't the broken mess Arkham Knight has been. WB Games / Rocksteady has had a history of reasonably good quality games on PC given their console first nature. I can see people getting over this as long as this doesn't become the norm.
 
I'm still on board with Rocksteady...if they had been able to handle the game then we'd have long finished it and be rejoicing about how great of a job they did on the last Arkham game. I was under the impression that it was WB's decision to hand the game off to that other studio and Rocksteady was left to focus on the console versions.
 
I'm still on board with Rocksteady...if they had been able to handle the game then we'd have long finished it and be rejoicing about how great of a job they did on the last Arkham game. I was under the impression that it was WB's decision to hand the game off to that other studio and Rocksteady was left to focus on the console versions.

Apparently Rocksteady was having a lot of problems just getting the console games to run. It sounds like they were working on them until the last minute. So handing off a heavily customized, barely running, engine to a studio without a ton of PC experience was not a terrible idea no matter who made it or why. WB should have just delayed the PC version until January or something.
 
Game runs better, but still doesn't seem to be taking advantage of SLI for me. But on one 970 at 2560x1440 with nearly everything maxed out, its almost flawless now.

Overall, much improved. Once SLI/X-Fire support is in, I'll likely take this for another playthrough.
 
Last edited:
Patch is live on Steam it seems.

Get it if you want it!

626MB DL for me.

Game runs better, but still doesn't seem to be taking advantage of SLI for me. But on one 970 at 2560x1440 with everything maxed out, its almost flawless now.

In the announcement on the official forums it was stated that they're still working on SLI and Crossfire support.
 
In the announcement on the official forums it was stated that they're still working on SLI and Crossfire support.

Ah good to know. That was my next place to look to see if there were more notes.

Thanks!
 
At 1080p i get drops to 42 fps in the benchmark with a 980 (1400mhz) when the physx effects are enabled. Why even make these effects if they run like complete ass on anything but their up to the minute flag ship cards.
 
At 1080p i get drops to 42 fps in the benchmark with a 980 (1400mhz) when the physx effects are enabled. Why even make these effects if they run like complete ass on anything but their up to the minute flag ship cards.

To entice you to buy another more powerful Nvidia card.
 
It might be too early to ask this, but does the new patch negate the need for the optimizer tool on Steam or can/should they be used in conjunction? Probably too early to tell (unless the patch somehow broke the tool and it can't be used).

Also interested in if the game is truly running better with the patch than it was with the optimizer tool. I just want the best experience when I resume where I left off.
 
Note, this is still the interim patch, not the full fix. Full fix is still pending.

you're making it sound like this patch is nothing...this is a huge patch...the 'interim' title is irrelevant...I'm sure this patch will be more significant then the 'full' patch in terms of overall performance and bug fixes
 
Already 100% the game but tried the patch for giggles. Saw no increase or decrease in performance.. Ran exact same as day one. Nice to see more video options tho.

Hopefully it helps people with older PCs.

edit: Also Ultrawide cut scenes got fixed.. Nice plus there.

I saw more performance increase from going from i5 2500k to i5 6600k.. Before patch. Min frames went up.
 
Last edited:
So turns out I actually didn't delete the game from my hard drive :eek:. It looks like indeed that the texture streaming bug with high framerates was fixed. The game itself is definitely running better, but to my disappointment it looks like they toned down the smoke and fog PhysX effects.
At 1080p i get drops to 42 fps in the benchmark with a 980 (1400mhz) when the physx effects are enabled. Why even make these effects if they run like complete ass on anything but their up to the minute flag ship cards.
To entice you to buy another more powerful Nvidia card.
Nah. Just another card, period, like a 750 Ti to dedicate to PhysX in this one game that still processes PhysX on the GPU.
 
I saw an improvement from this patch. I gain 30 fps and that's with Gameworks on. And I'm running 3 - 24" monitors.
 
I'm on the fence about starting the game again, since I recognize that this isn't the 'final' patch (no matter how large it is). Moreover with Mad Max, MGS, and Witcher I have so much I could play in the interim...
 
I'm on the fence about starting the game again, since I recognize that this isn't the 'final' patch (no matter how large it is). Moreover with Mad Max, MGS, and Witcher I have so much I could play in the interim...

I haven't touched Arkham Knight yet either...if I wasn't currently playing Phantom Pain I would probably jump in with this latest interim patch...but now I have no problem waiting till I finish, which by then should see either the game re-released on Steam or another patch or 2 released
 
Have luckily been engrossed by the Witcher 3, but am very, very close to the end at this point.
Not sure if I'll start playing Batman now or if I'll finally commit to playing AC: Unity instead.
 
Have luckily been engrossed by the Witcher 3, but am very, very close to the end at this point.
Not sure if I'll start playing Batman now or if I'll finally commit to playing AC: Unity instead.

Play Unity first. By the time you're done with that this should be ready to go.
 
Patch is pretty good. The very minor hitches I was having when moving from one Island to the next are also gone now.

However, HOLY SMOKE REDUCTION BATMAN lol. They really turned down the Gameworks effects to appease to the masses. Previously I was hitting about 84 fps w/ everything turned to the max at 1440P and a single 980 Ti. Now I manage about 106 fps in the bench. However, the smoke is visibly less. Like really less.
 
the fact that they're still not re-releasing this on Steam means that there's still a lot of work that needs to be done...interim patch looks great on paper and it sounds like a big improvement but what a clusterfuck of a release this was...one of the biggest screw-ups in AAA PC gaming history...AC: Unity was nothing compared to this
 
Patch seems to smooth things out nicely however still no SLI support.

I still get the occasional dip in frames (i.e. slide-show level) but overall a BIG improvement.
 
the fact that they're still not re-releasing this on Steam means that there's still a lot of work that needs to be done...interim patch looks great on paper and it sounds like a big improvement but what a clusterfuck of a release this was...one of the biggest screw-ups in AAA PC gaming history...AC: Unity was nothing compared to this

There is a ton of work to be done. The PC version didn't have much DLC for it. We had some of the skins and the Harley Quinn DLC. All of which are inaccessible after the patch. The menu options are great and all and the game does run smoother. The main thing is that the excessive HDD thrashing has stopped. I was sure my Western Digital black drive was going to throw it's platters through the side of my case. There are also many bugs with gameplay in terms of control maping, gliding issues, and my personal favorite: The Batmobile suddenly only drives in reverse.

This is one of if not the biggest clusterfucks I've ever seen in my years of PC gaming. This pile of shit never should have been released in this state. They should have put a delay on the PC release the way they did Arkham City. People thought Origins was bad when it launched, but it's a fucking masterpiece and a fine example of quality compared to this soggy shit sandwich of an effort.

Patch is pretty good. The very minor hitches I was having when moving from one Island to the next are also gone now.

However, HOLY SMOKE REDUCTION BATMAN lol. They really turned down the Gameworks effects to appease to the masses. Previously I was hitting about 84 fps w/ everything turned to the max at 1440P and a single 980 Ti. Now I manage about 106 fps in the bench. However, the smoke is visibly less. Like really less.

It seems that the smoke was toned down to probably a quarter of what it was if that. Maybe its my imagination but the papers and debris seem to have increased though. Maybe I just noticed it in the more run down parts of the city driving around.
 
I lied. It's still a horrible mess, getting regular drops into the mid teens and lower.

FFS.

It's odd. Some people like myself have experienced more stable and increased FPS while others have had more erratic FPS. The Gameworks effects, well at least the smoke has been toned down. The game's memory leaks are mostly fixed as well.
 
good to know the hard drive thrashing and memory leaks have been fixed...the smoke effects were a bit exaggerated in the original game but it looked cool...they should have left it in as a setting (Volumetric Smoke?) for people that have higher end cards
 
good to know the hard drive thrashing and memory leaks have been fixed...the smoke effects were a bit exaggerated in the original game but it looked cool...they should have left it in as a setting (Volumetric Smoke?) for people that have higher end cards

Before the patch I had horrible disk thrashing but I guess my Western Digital Black 1TB was up to the task as the game rarely ever hitched. I'm not sure of my exact FPS before the patch but it certainly feels much smoother now. I've checked it since the patch and I can do 60FPS with the Gameworks features disabled and 45FPS with them enabled. I've set the second GPU to "dedicated to PhysX" and that seems to help as I got even worse performance with everything probably running on the one card. Without setting that I was probably getting 30FPS all the time with the Gameworks features enabled.
 
Last edited:
you're making it sound like this patch is nothing...this is a huge patch...the 'interim' title is irrelevant...I'm sure this patch will be more significant then the 'full' patch in terms of overall performance and bug fixes

I'm making it sound like the job isn't done yet, because it isn't.

If anyone here is actually serious about the whole "won't play until it's fixed" thing, then this interim patch should mean nothing. 50% completion is still 50% completion.
 
I'm making it sound like the job isn't done yet, because it isn't.

If anyone here is actually serious about the whole "won't play until it's fixed" thing, then this interim patch should mean nothing. 50% completion is still 50% completion.

every game needs major patching...it doesn't mean the game is not playable...Witcher 3 seems to get a new patch every week or 2...they are just being extra cautious with Arkham Knight because of the release fiasco
 
every game needs major patching...it doesn't mean the game is not playable...Witcher 3 seems to get a new patch every week or 2...they are just being extra cautious with Arkham Knight because of the release fiasco

Enjoy your discussion with that well-dressed straw man, I guess.
 
I still get stutters and hitches all the time during gameplay in the world especially in the batmobile. I'm running it on a raid0 2 2tb blacks ~250mbs 8.8ms. No problems with any other games (all 388 of them), just this one.
 
Back
Top