Batman: Arkham Knight

Rocksteady did not work on the PC version, so there is no way this is true.

only people that know for sure are WB, Rocksteady and Iron Galaxy...judging by the state of the game when it was first released it's fair to assume that the PC version was not ready...the PS4 version was flawless...the leaked e-mails or whatever from a former employee/beta tester detailing the major issues with the PC version also confirms this...the previous Arkham games had some issues but nothing like this...the game was definitely supposed to be released at a later date

just playing devil's advocate here but it seems you mainly buy from gray market sites way before anything happened with WB/Arkham Knight...seems like you're just using this to justify your gray market purchasing...as far as WB being on any shit list- yet you still bought Mad Max which came out way after AK was pulled from shelves

back to Arkham Knight...I think Rocksteady's original plan was to release the PC version in October/November but WB insisted on keeping the release date the same as consoles

On Steam alone I have 433 games. Add in Origin, Uplay, and GOG and the number gets much closer to 500. At most, 20 of those have come from grey market sites. Maybe another 25 or so have come from buying hardware over the years or buying those Nvidia and AMD vouchers off of people. That leaves well over 400 games I've either bought from official sources or gotten as gifts from people that purchased them from official sources.

I don't really care about justifying my actions. I do what I do for the reasons I do them. I won't pretend to have grand moral reasons for buying from grey market sites. My statement about WB is incredibly selfish. I have no interest in supporting them yet I still want to play their games. I don't believe in piracy so that leaves the grey market.

I thought about Mad Max a couple hours after I posted that. Though that was a combination of "$20? Fuck it, why not" and me being less annoyed with WB's lack of actions. If I'd known it would drop as much as it did right after release I would have waited. If Mad Max were releasing now I would wait as well.

Back on topic: I kind of doubt Rocksteady had much by way of plans for the PC version. Based on what I've read (which may or may not be true and I can't find where I read any of this) the reason for the delay last year was due to how much of a disaster the game was at the time. It sounds like Rocksteady had a lot of issues just getting the game to work. They were probably working on it until the last possible moment before certification. If that's the case then it is likely that they had no plans to even work on a PC version until the console versions were out or that they told WB they couldn't do another version of game period. Either way it's likely Iron Galaxy was handed very incomplete and very buggy code to work from.

looking forward to playing Arkham Knight tomorrow on PC...as a huge fan of the previous Arkham games I'm surprised I actually waited this long for WB/Rocksteady to fix it instead of jumping in right away...either way I'm glad I waited and hopefully it was worth the wait...I hear it's excellent from a gameplay and story front

looking forward to playing Arkham Knight tomorrow on PC...as a huge fan of the previous Arkham games I'm surprised I actually waited this long for WB/Rocksteady to fix it instead of jumping in right away...either way I'm glad I waited and hopefully it was worth the wait...I hear it's excellent from a gameplay and story front

It is. For all the weirdness of the Batmobile being way overused the game is still fun to play and I do really like the ending (the first one, not the 100% one). I'm actually looking forward to doing a second playthrough. Probably do that next week sometime. I need to either get that Xbox 1 wireless adapter or buy a new controller, my 360 pad is dying and it would be kind of hell to play Batman on a higher difficulty with it.

It is. For all the weirdness of the Batmobile being way overused the game is still fun to play and I do really like the ending (the first one, not the 100% one). I'm actually looking forward to doing a second playthrough. Probably do that next week sometime. I need to either get that Xbox 1 wireless adapter or buy a new controller, my 360 pad is dying and it would be kind of hell to play Batman on a higher difficulty with it.

is AK the best Arkham game in your opinion?

It is not. Asylum and City kind of vie for that spot. Depending on the day one or the other could be there. A lot of the extra crap you have to do to unlock the real the ending, some of the boss battles, and other little things hold it back from being #1.

It was the best Batman for me. I even enjoyed the Batmobile. I find most people who tire of the Batmobile are the ones who 100% it. While I did a lot of the story/villain missions I don’t have time to collect all those Riddler trophies.

I never thought Id say this about a Batman game but I cant make myself really care. After waiting this long and already knowing all the spoilers and watched all the videos, I just aint as excited about it. Im sure Ill buy it eventually but it will be on one of Steam's sales for $20 or $30.

why did you watch all the videos and spoilers for?...I've avoided all that...I still have no idea who the Arkham Knight is or any of the story details outside of the trailers and the fact that there is a special ending that requires 100% completion

I played the whole game and had no idea who the Arkham Knight was until it was revealed.
Although other people say it's obvious, so... I guess I'm an idiot.

I played the whole game and had no idea who the Arkham Knight was until it was revealed.

It's really only obvious early on if you know a lot about Jason or have seen the Under the Red Hood animated feature. Though the game does kind of give it away with Joker's visions later on.

only people that know for sure are WB, Rocksteady and Iron Galaxy…

Not sure why you're skeptical. We do know that the PC version was outsourced to Iron Galaxy, and it was done within a ridiculously short timeframe of approximately 6 weeks. Rocksteady had their hands full with the console versions, because by their own admission they were having a harder time developing for them than they anticipated in planning. This is why the game was delayed from 2014 to the middle of 2015.

Because the foreshadowing is about as obvious as a crowbar to the face. Reference intended.

I'm glad the gsme is finally going to be fixed, but I don't know if I could bring myself to do another play through after getting 99.9% completion and then finding out I have 1 fucking riddler trophy that's glitched and doesn't register as collected even though I've already picked it up. That really stung after the amount of time I spent collecting all those damn things. At least the game ran really well for me the first time through.

Not sure why you're skeptical. We do know that the PC version was outsourced to Iron Galaxy, and it was done within a ridiculously short timeframe of approximately 6 weeks. Rocksteady had their hands full with the console versions, because by their own admission they were having a harder time developing for them than they anticipated in planning. This is why the game was delayed from 2014 to the middle of 2015

the quote you are referencing was not about me doubting that Iron Galaxy handled the PC port but rather about me stating that the PC port was most likely always intended to be released months after the console port but WB insisting that it come out at the same time as the consoles...there is no way of knowing this for sure and as I stated only WB/Iron Galaxy/Rocksteady know the truth

the quote you are referencing was not about me doubting that Iron Galaxy handled the PC port but rather about me stating that the PC port was most likely always intended to be released months after the console port but WB insisting that it come out at the same time as the consoles...there is no way of knowing this for sure and as I stated only WB/Iron Galaxy/Rocksteady know the truth

Given that there is no history of WB engaging in the behavior of releasing PC versions later--unlike, say, Ubisoft releasing PC versions of Assassin's Creed weeks after the console versions--I again question your theory.

Shrugging your shoulders and saying "well there's no way to know the truth" in regards to your own baseless theory is silly.

Given that there is no history of WB engaging in the behavior of releasing PC versions later--unlike, say, Ubisoft releasing PC versions of Assassin's Creed weeks after the console versions--I again question your theory.

Shrugging your shoulders and saying "well there's no way to know the truth" in regards to your own baseless theory is silly.

for the 3rd time...it's obvious based on the condition of the port that the PC version was nowhere near ready...history has nothing to do with this...common sense is in play here...stop creating arguments for the sake of arguing which is your modus operandi and move on

Honestly guys, what does it matter at this point? All of these theories are just based on conjecture and speculation and we'll probably never know for sure what really happened or why it happened. And even if one of you turns out to be "right" it doesn't change the fact that this was a cluster of a debacle on the PC side of things. Let's just concentrate on the re-release and how the state of the game has changed across the board.

Actually, both Asylum and City came out on the PC after the console versions. Only a month mind you, but there is precedent for the Rocksteady ones getting delayed.

So, is it back up or has the patch been launched yet? I didn't see anything earlier this morning.

Excited for the game (loved both of the previous entries), but with Fallout 4 just around the corner, I'll probably wait to pickup AK during the holidays. Hopefully by then there will be a nice holiday discount too.

So looks like WB is giving everyone who bought the game or who buys it before the 16th free Steam copies of the rest of the Arkham games.

That's solid of them. Granted I already have them, but I think that's an appropriate gesture.

So looks like WB is giving everyone who bought the game or who buys it before the 16th free Steam copies of the rest of the Arkham games.

that also includes Arkham Origins and Arkham Origins Blackgate which is nice because I don't own those games...they are also doing a cross game promotion with Team Fortress 2...Rocksteady will also be creating a new "Community Challenge Pack” that will be given free to owners of the Batman: Arkham Knight game in January 2016...PC players will have access to the maps for a week before they hit the consoles...

http://steamcommunity.com/games/208650/announcements/detail/128710596358664118

they gave away free copies of the GOTY editions of Arkham Asylum and Arkham City when they transitioned from GFWL to Steamworks so I already own those 2 but it's nice to get all the other freebies

that also includes Arkham Origins and Arkham Origins Blackgate which is nice because I don't own those games...they are also doing a cross game promotion with Team Fortress 2...Rocksteady will also be creating a new "Community Challenge Pack” that will be given free to owners of the Batman: Arkham Knight game in January 2016...PC players will have access to the maps for a week before they hit the consoles...

http://steamcommunity.com/games/208650/announcements/detail/128710596358664118

they gave away free copies of the GOTY editions of Arkham Asylum and Arkham City when they transitioned from GFWL to Steamworks so I already own those 2 but it's nice to get all the other freebies

I didn't have Blackgate yet so that was something new.

I'd actually suggest playing Origins. The gameplay is the weakest of the four main games but it has the best boss battles and a decently fun plot. It's also canon with the other three games so events from it get referenced in Knight.

anyone run the game with the new patch yet?...how's performance?

The actual patch might not be out for everyone yet. Apparently some people are getting 8-9GB patches after restarting Steam. I have the game downloaded and got a 2GB patch so I'll need to restart Steam to try and get the rest.

I haven't seen anyone who didn't have the season pass get the 8+gb patch, so I'm thinking that the 2.3gb patch had all the optimizations we're going to get.

I'm at work so I can't test it yet, but we'll see later on tonight.

On the rig in my sig, it's buttery smooth at 3440x1440 with everything at max settings. Average of 75 FPS. Played for an hour or so and it was great.

I never downloaded the original game before it was pulled so hopefully WB/Rocksteady put a new version online to install

Working great for me but I didn't have the same issues as others.

On the rig in my sig, it's buttery smooth at 3440x1440 with everything at max settings. Average of 75 FPS. Played for an hour or so and it was great.

are the Nvidia Gameworks effects downgraded at all?...I remember reading that the last interim patch removed some of the volumetric smoke from the GameWorks feature set

Here are the patch "notes"

Hi everyone,

With the game now available for sale, I wanted to provide a status update since the release of the September patch.

As we confirmed earlier today, the PC version of the game now supports all add-on content that has been released thus far for console. The configurations for this content are being updated now and we expect everything to be available in the next few hours. We’ll confirm when this process is completed.

We are still working with our GPU partners to add full support for SLI and Crossfire. In addition, we are working with these partners to address stability issues on certain cards related to the latest drivers.

After extensive testing, a hard drive paging issue with some GPUs on Windows 7 may occur after extended gameplay sessions. If you encounter this, simply re-launching the game will resolve the issue.

For Windows 10 users, we’ve found that having at least 12GB of system RAM on a PC allows the game to operate without paging and provides a smoother gameplay experience.

People on the Steam user reviews are still bitching. Is it true that they disabled SLI/CF completely? (edit: n/m, Derangel posted while I was typing).

One person said that the free games will be given "randomly" by WB and that performance still sucks; it's entirely possible that they are just being negative Nancys and don't know what they're talking about.

Just run the in-game benchmark. System specs are in my signature. Everything maxed out with resolution set at 1920x1080

Min: 37

Average: 59

I haven't played the game since before the interim patch so I'm not sure if it's fixed anything since then but I can tell you that compared to before those numbers are MUCH better. Before the interim patch the game was basically unplayable with the Nvida effects on with this card. Somehow the 980 MP ran the game worse than a 290X I had previous (I was able to turn two of the Nvidia settings on and still run the game at 25-30FPS).

One person said that the free games will be given "randomly" by WB and that performance still sucks; it's entirely possible that they are just being negative Nancys and don't know what they're talking about.

The Steam "community" being their usual toxic selves? NO! :)

Back