• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Assassin's Creed 2 PC

Just a quick heads up, there's a fix floating around that fixes the "Animus Freeze" that occurs with cracked copies of the game. People are reporting being able to finish the game to 100% completion now.

Good.

Nice job UBI, your DRM drove off legitimate customers, and was only effective for a grand total of 12 days. Can you please officially patch it out of your game so I can buy it now?

Seriously. My wallet is right here. The SECOND that DRM is gone...I don't care about the price...this game is mine. Enough of this nonsense.
 
He said that his internet connection crapped out on him for a good 15 minutes. I'm not making this up you know. You can go back and re-read it if you don't believe me.

Okay, so if this was a one time deal, then he has nothing to worry about. It won't happen again. He'll be able to play AC 2, and what happened was just a freaky thing that won't repeat itself.

If it does happen all the time to him then why on earth did he buy a game which says in huge bold lettering: THIS GAME REQUIRES CONSTANT ACCESS TO THE INTERNET?

Yeah, I read it. What I don't understand is why it hurts your feelings so much, but whatever, have an aneurysm over something that actually happened to someone on the boards. Doesn't matter to me, you're only making yourself look foolish. Some guy makes one comment about losing his connection for 15 minutes and how that causing him to be unable to play a *single-player game* was lame, and you go on a tirade for several posts. Overreact much?
 
Yeah, I read it. What I don't understand is why it hurts your feelings so much, but whatever, have an aneurysm over something that actually happened to someone on the boards. Doesn't matter to me, you're only making yourself look foolish. Some guy makes one comment about losing his connection for 15 minutes and how that causing him to be unable to play a *single-player game* was lame, and you go on a tirade for several posts. Overreact much?

Give it up. WW is the biggest and most ardent supporter of their DRM. He has an response fired up for every single argument you can have towards his beloved DRM. Everyone else who has been posting about problems with the game are either: A.) liars, B.) pirates, C.) Liars, D.) Pirates and Liars, E.) live in a black hole where you have shitty internet and are therefore obviously stupid for living in a place that has shitty internet and deserve what you get for being stupid. F.) all of the above.
 
PC Gamer's 200 issue page 68 gave this game a nice 86/100 and glowing review except for the fact they opened the review with this:

It's brilliant. Don't buy it.
Bolded in red text just like I did there.

They proceed to describe how the DRM funtcions and what it is, like we all know by now, and after that comes this disclaimer:

PC Gamer cannot recommend a game that imposes such stringent and potentially problematic restrictions on paying customers without good reason.

Exactly right.

And there is no good reason.

Good for them. This guarantees I renew my subscription at the next earliest opportunity. This is what the entire gaming media needs to do. Call this crap out for what it is and take a stand against it.


After this, they gave a glowing review of the actual game itself and how it's basically better than part 1 in every conceivable way and how the developers pretty much listened to all the complaints from 1 and responded rightly to it.

At the end of this glowing review, it ends with:

It's sad that we each now have to decide whether its ridiculous copy protection method negates a genuine great game.

They got it.

Oh wait a minute...let me guess. The reviewer from PC Gamer that wrote this must be a pirate, right? He should "get better Internet" or "stop whining" and such, right? :rolleyes:

Enough of that BS.
 
I stopped taking PC Gamer seriously after they gave Crysis Warhead a 73% review score following their 98% score for Crysis.
 
many thanks ....

You're thanking a person for informing you that the latest pirated version of Assassin's Creed 2 allows pirates to finish the game?

Why?

Oh, let me guess. Because you want OTHER people to pirate this game. Oh but you're not a pirate yourself. No that could never be the case.

Yeah right.

And I've got a bridge in Brooklyn that I'd like to sell you.

All this talk about DRMs. You guys just don't get it. As long as people pirate games there will always be DRMs. Stop blaming the gaming companies. Blame the pirates. As long as you continue to praise groups like Skidrow, and believe that what they do is somehow a wonderful thing for gaming, then DRMs will always be around and our hobby will always be in jeopardy.

Cheering for the pirates, and advocating piracy in a belligerent fashion such as this ("... many thanks...") is akin to standing on the streets of Germany and cheering on the Nazis as they round up Jews.

Hello!

You're cheering for the wrong guys.
 
Cheering for the pirates, and advocating piracy in a belligerent fashion such as this ("... many thanks...") is akin to standing on the streets of Germany and cheering on the Nazis as they round up Jews.

This is going too far even for you. Enough. You're obsessed. Please get off your high horse already. This is ridiculous.

You're the kind of person that makes people want to do bad things out of spite, if nothing else.
 
Wabe... a question for you. Lets say you live in rural Poland, without access to the internet (happens in large parts of my country), you want to play the game. You can afford the original version. But then, you can't play it, not becasue of your moral stance or whatever else. But due to the lack of infrastructure.

So what you do? You just get a crack. Now... if the game would ahve some other means of DRM, you'd still buy original version.

Thus, by such means of protection Ubi is loosing clients. Because world is not Singapore or Seul... lots of people don't have 24/h day connection, live on expensive dial up or whatever else there is. And such DRM is preventing them from playing it. Even if they would buy the original, they have to get the cracked version, or they do not play at all. But... it means that Ubi is loosing clients.
 
Everyone else who has been posting about problems with the game are either: A.) liars, B.) pirates, C.) Liars, D.) Pirates and Liars, E.) live in a black hole where you have shitty internet and are therefore obviously stupid for living in a place that has shitty internet and deserve what you get for being stupid. F.) all of the above.

I agree completely with this.

My ISP costs me ten dollars a month. Mine is probably the worst connection of anybody else's here.

How do I know this? It's because whenever an anticipated game is released on Steam, somebody in this forum will post about it. And do you know what happens next? Everyone starts posting comments such as: "Downloading now. Damn, only getting 700 kb/s..."

I get 150 kb/s at max speed.

And then everyone says to me when I inquire why mine is so slow: Dude, get a better ISP, your service is a total joke.

Reading these threads you can see that suddenly everyone on the board has a ridiculously fast and stable internet connection. You NEVER read somebody informing you that they can't get their Steam game to download because their connection is timing out on them. NEVER. It's the exact opposite. People take the opportunity to boast about their ISP. And everyone except me has a ridiculously fast and stable connection. I could link to these threads easily if you wanted me to do so.

Oh but suddenly with AC 2... well that's no longer the case. Suddenly my ridiculous $10 ISP is the greatest on the planet, and everyone else's is crapping out on them for fifteen minutes at a time.

What a complete load of horse shit.
 
This is going too far even for you. Enough. You're obsessed. Please get off your high horse already. This is ridiculous.

You're the kind of person that makes people want to do bad things out of spite, if nothing else.

I knew somebody was going to get mad about my horrific Nazi analogy - yes, I'm the devil incarnate, aren't I?

I also knew that it would probably be you.

Q-BZ, instead of getting so uptight about the guy who's coming up with the Nazi analogies, why don't you get upset about the guy above who's clearly posting about pirating AC 2. Did you not read that statement? One guy posts that there's supposedly a working crack for a pirated copy of the game. And another guy steps in and posts, many thanks.

Okay, if you don't like the DRM then don't buy the game.

What we've just witnessed above is two people who are communicating with one another, blatantly and openly, about pirating a game. Wow, how incredibly arrogant is that?
 
Last edited:
I agree completely with this.

My ISP costs me ten dollars a month. Mine is probably the worst connection of anybody else's here.

How do I know this? It's because whenever an anticipated game is released on Steam, somebody in this forum will post about it. And do you know what happens next? Everyone starts posting comments such as: "Downloading now. Damn, only getting 700 kb/s..."

I get 150 kb/s at max speed.

And then everyone says to me when I inquire why mine is so slow: Dude, get a better ISP, your service is a total joke.

Reading these threads you can see that suddenly everyone on the board has a ridiculously fast and stable internet connection. You NEVER read somebody informing you that they can't get their Steam game to download because their connection is timing out on them NEVER.

Oh but suddenly with AC 2... well that's no longer the case. Suddenly my ridiculous $10 ISP is the greatest on the planet, and everyone else's is crapping out on them for fifteen minutes at a time.

What a complete load of horse shit.

Horshit is the stuff you keep spewing left and right. You just don't get it. I can't believe anyone can be this persistently obtuse. You have to be doing it on purpose.

It has nothing to do with your Internet or anyone else's. If that DDOS attack hits like it did last week...you can have 10 FIOS connections and you're dead in the water.

Anything happens to their server setup for whatever reasons and players are DOA until the problem is fixed.

Get it? Probably not.




I knew somebody was going to get mad about my horrific Nazi analogy - yes, I'm the devil incarnate, aren't I?

I also knew that it would probably be you.

Good. I reported it as well. I hope you knew I was going to do that, too.

Nazi seems to be one of your favorite cliches when you're getting your ass kicked in an argument and the facts aren't on your side.



Q-BZ, instead of getting so uptight about the guy who's coming up with the Nazi analogies, why don't you get upset about the guy above who's clearly posting about pirating AC 2. Did you not read that statement? One guy posts that there's supposedly a working crack for a pirated copy of the game. And another guy steps in and posts, many thanks.

Okay, if you don't like the DRM then don't buy the game.

What we've just witnessed above is two people who are communicating with one another, blatantly and openly, about pirating a game. Wow, how incredibly arrogant is that?

I don't like any of it. I don't like the root cause (piracy) and I don't like the overreaction in the wrong direction to it (Draconian DRM.) It's a vicious circle where the legit end user loses.

If you don't get anything else I've been trying to communciate to you for over a month...can you at least grasp that simple concept? Try really hard? Please?

You really aren't a very good ambassador for your viewpoints.



For all this: Anyone who has been enjoying the game and can enjoy it? More power to you! :) I prefer to wait it out.
 
Last edited:
So what do you do if you're playing an MMO and your connection goes down? How is that not a buzz kill? Your internet connection went down for 15 minutes?

What if you're watching a U-tube video, and your connection goes down, or if you're surfing the net, or if you need to check on an e-mail that somebody has just sent you, or if you're downloading a patch for a game, or if you've just bought a game at Steam and want to play it, or if you're on Live and are playing a competitive match against another person and suddenly you get booted from the game because your internet connection craps out for 15 minutes at a time - how are those things all not 'buzz kills'?

It sounds to me like you need to get a better internet service provider.

But here's what I don't understand at all: if you already knew that your internet connection was so god awful - then why on earth did you buy this game when it clearly states in big bold lettering right on the box that an internet connection is required at all times?

Why did you just ignore that?

You have nobody to blame but yourself, really. I've almost finished the game now. I've spent 3 hours every night on this thing (30 hours in total), and I can enthusiastically confirm that if your internet connection DOES work then you won't have ANY problems playing this game.

I guess the moral of the story here is that if your internet connection is always going down on you, then don't buy this game.

I didn't say my connection is horrible, that's the first time it has gone down in months. I don't play MMOs because I have a real life.
 
Out of curiosity, does anyone see a problem with someone who purchases a game but uses a cracked version of it for convenience's sake?
 
Out of curiosity, does anyone see a problem with someone who purchases a game but uses a cracked version of it for convenience's sake?

Personally I don't. You paid for the game so I don't see anything wrong with making it so its better for you to play. If that requires cracking it, so be it. If I want to play ME1 I have to crack it in order to play the first DLC because there is no way to deautrhorize it without calling EA, which I need to do one of these days. Should actually do that and see if they'll give me all five activations back on all the limited activation games I've bought from them actually.
 
I think these personal attacks need to end. Everyone's just rehashing the same old arguments, the majority are in agreement that this DRM is unwarranted and only punishes the legitimate consumer while allowing the pirates free reign, that is undisputed.

But, the people opposed to this DRM are winning the battle when you look at the sales charts, they will not be anywhere near what the companies who use this DRM anticipate.

With Gabe Newell venting on how that DRM makes them mad, I wouldn't be surprised if Valve ends up taking a hard line stance and stops selling games on it's store with this kind of DRM included in the future.

If I were Valve and I owned Steam, I wouldn't want the hassle of customers with multitudes of problems with this DRM wanting a refund, especially since my only hand in it is that of vendor.

This shit must end.

If you're for it, then vote with your wallet, if you're against it, then vote with your wallet.

I don't see the point of further discussion as all it trends to is personal attacks and straw man arguments.
 
I didn't say my connection is horrible, that's the first time it has gone down in months. I don't play MMOs because I have a real life.

I'm not following your logic here. Let's step through this for a second.

You wrote in your post that your internet crapped out on you for 15 minutes and that you were unable to play Assassin's Creed 2 - and that it was a real 'buzz kill'.

My question to you, then, was why did you purchase a game that clearly states on the box that a constant internet connection is required at all times when you knew that your connection was always crapping out on you - a reasonable enough question, I think.

Now you're saying that your internet doesn't crap out on you all the time. So I take it that this was just a freak incident that happened? Why are you bringing it up then? If it was only a freak incident then you're not going to have any further problems playing AC 2 are your? You knew that a constant internet connection was required when you bought the game. It seems that you have that. So what's the problem here?

Also, why would you blame Ubisoft for this freak occurrence? You should be blaming your ISP since presumably you were unable to use the internet for everything else as well?

Are you blaming the DRM itself for your inability to connect to the net for an entire 15 minutes? That's not happened to anybody else, and I don't see how that possibly could happen?

I'm just not following your argument here?
 
Last edited:
I think these personal attacks need to end. Everyone's just rehashing the same old arguments, the majority are in agreement that this DRM is unwarranted and only punishes the legitimate consumer while allowing the pirates free reign, that is undisputed.

But, the people opposed to this DRM are winning the battle when you look at the sales charts, they will not be anywhere near what the companies who use this DRM anticipate.

With Gabe Newell venting on how that DRM makes them mad, I wouldn't be surprised if Valve ends up taking a hard line stance and stops selling games on it's store with this kind of DRM included in the future.

If I were Valve and I owned Steam, I wouldn't want the hassle of customers with multitudes of problems with this DRM wanting a refund, especially since my only hand in it is that of vendor.

This shit must end.

If you're for it, then vote with your wallet, if you're against it, then vote with your wallet.

I don't see the point of further discussion as all it trends to is personal attacks and straw man arguments.

Personal attacks? What personal attacks?

Also, you, like a few others here, are stating opinions as though they're facts. You basically say that the debate is over and that the people opposed to the DRM have won.

What are you talking about?

Ubisoft has won this thing hands down?

EDIT: And by the way, just so you know, if you were to engage in a moderated debate - say, at a local university - and all you did to counter the arguments from your opponent was to repeat: "That's a straw man argument." - you would lose that debate. Saying that such and such is a straw-man argument isn't actually a response. It's just a way of saying something when you have nothing to say.
 
With Gabe Newell venting on how that DRM makes them mad, I wouldn't be surprised if Valve ends up taking a hard line stance and stops selling games on it's store with this kind of DRM included in the future.

The funny thing is. Steam is a DRM similar to Ubisoft's. Everyone hated HL2 and the fact that you had to use Steam. Please take note. Steam didn't have offline mode during this time. Everyone got all huffy puffy about it. And now its considered one of the best DRM's out there. But I do agree with you. Vote with your wallet or don't play the game at all. It's not like they're putting a gun to your head and saying.. play my game. And if you have a console. Just buy it there. It's down to like 30-40$ anyways.
 
Personal attacks? What personal attacks?

Also, you, like a few others here, are stating opinions as though they're facts. You basically say that the debate is over and that the people opposed to the DRM have won.

What are you talking about?

Ubisoft has won this thing hands down?

EDIT: And by the way, just so you know, if you were to engage in a moderated debate - say, at a local university - and all you did to counter the arguments from your opponent was to repeat: "That's a straw man argument." - you would lose that debate. Saying that such and such is a straw-man argument isn't actually a response. It's just a way of saying something when you have nothing to say.

You're not exactly debating on a college level either. Invoking Godwin's Law is a pretty quick way to lose argument too. Any type of strawman argument is taken apart at the level you are referring to. A good debate has all parties going back and forth with valid and varying points, each actually capable of understanding where the other is coming from and being willing to see where the correct spot is to back down on specific points while pushing others more aggressively to make the other side back down a little.
 
The funny thing is. Steam is a DRM similar to Ubisoft's. Everyone hated HL2 and the fact that you had to use Steam. Please take note. Steam didn't have offline mode during this time. Everyone got all huffy puffy about it. And now its considered one of the best DRM's out there. But I do agree with you. Vote with your wallet or don't play the game at all. It's not like they're putting a gun to your head and saying.. play my game. And if you have a console. Just buy it there. It's down to like 30-40$ anyways.

Valve added an offline mode after all the complaints people had and all the problems Steam had early on. Thats the big difference here.
 
Valve added an offline mode after all the complaints people had and all the problems Steam had early on. Thats the big difference here.

Thank you captain obvious. My point is. It wasn't there at launch. And didn't stop people from buying it. People that want the game will still buy it. Regardless of any DRM. People that were iffy about buying it. They just got a another reason not to buy it. Like they were going to buy it in the first place anyways. Which makes me believe its the pirates whining.
 
Thank you captain obvious. My point is. It wasn't there at launch. And didn't stop people from buying it. People that want the game will still buy it. Regardless of any DRM. People that were iffy about buying it. They just got a another reason not to buy it. Like they were going to buy it in the first place anyways. Which makes me believe its the pirates whining.

People bought it because it was the sequel to Half-Life and people had been waiting for six years for it to come out. They would have bought it regardless. The large number of issues turned me off from buying it when it came out. I had no interest in buying a game with problems launching due to shitty servers. I didn't play HL2 until the Orange Box came out due to that.

I WAS going to buy AC2. I really liked the first game despite its problems. The $60 price tag would have been annoying, but I would have bought it. I would still go out and buy it right now if they dropped the shit DRM. Why the heck would pirates whine? Once its cracked they won't have to deal with it. They will have a BETTER experience than anyone who actually pays for it. I'm not interested in relaying on a game company's servers to allow me to play a single player game. I know too much about servers to trust them that much.

PS: Don't try calling me a pirate either. I own over 200 PC games.
 
Last edited:
Personal attacks? What personal attacks?

Also, you, like a few others here, are stating opinions as though they're facts. You basically say that the debate is over and that the people opposed to the DRM have won.

What are you talking about?

Ubisoft has won this thing hands down?

EDIT: And by the way, just so you know, if you were to engage in a moderated debate - say, at a local university - and all you did to counter the arguments from your opponent was to repeat: "That's a straw man argument." - you would lose that debate. Saying that such and such is a straw-man argument isn't actually a response. It's just a way of saying something when you have nothing to say.

or it's just easy to summarize everything you say, as a straw man argument rather than investing any kind of thought provoking counterpoints because me and a thousand others have made in every single thread you repeat the same straw man arguments in support of heavy DRM that punishes the paying customer at no penalty to the pirates

why bother?

I honestly don't know why you even bother repeating yourself so much, since none of it obviously sinks in for anyone, and at the same time all you do is rinse and wash your same old tired points because nothing anybody says can change your mind.

Is there really even a legitimate debate? I think not.
 
You really aren't a very good ambassador for your viewpoints.
He's doing just fine, it's many of the anti UBI whiners out there who are sounding more as if they're a pickle shy of a quart.

The DRM strategy is here to stay. Many are accepting it. Welcome to the new order.
 
He's doing just fine, it's many of the anti UBI whiners out there who are sounding more as if they're a pickle shy of a quart.

The DRM strategy is here to stay. Many are accepting it. Welcome to the new order.

some suckers might pay $10 extra and put up with not being able to play a game when they want

i'm not!
 
People bought it because it was the sequel to Half-Life and people had been waiting for six years for it to come out. They would have bought it regardless

Isn't that what I just said? People who want AC2.. WILL BUY IT REGARDLESS OF DRM. And have you even tried the DRM? You're making it worse then it actually is. Go try the settlers demo. It has the DRM in it. The Ubisoft DRM is very similar to Steam (with more security obviously) Having the internet all the time is becoming the new mainstream. With broadband and phones with 3g and stuff. This isn't going to go away. And Steam has set a good example of how DRM should be done. And Ubisoft and EA are following.
 
Isn't that what I just said? People who want AC2.. WILL BUY IT REGARDLESS OF DRM. And have you even tried the DRM? You're making it worse then it actually is. Go try the settlers demo. It has the DRM in it. The Ubisoft DRM is very similar to Steam (with more security obviously) Having the internet all the time is becoming the new mainstream. With broadband and phones with 3g and stuff. This isn't going to go away. And Steam has set a good example of how DRM should be done. And Ubisoft and EA are following.

Please read my ENTIRE post and respond to it, don't just cherry pick.
 
some suckers might pay $10 extra and put up with not being able to play a game when they want

i'm not!
Great, avoid 20 other great games charging $10 extra and you'll have saved for a nice vid card!
 
Please read my ENTIRE post and respond to it, don't just cherry pick.

LOL.. you don't make any sense. I tell you. People will buy AC2 if they want it regardless of DRM. and give HL2 as an example. And you say the same thing. But in your eyes. HL2 is so good people overshadow the steam drm at the time and didn't care. What a load of crap.
 
LOL.. you don't make any sense. I tell you. People will buy AC2 if they want it regardless of DRM. and give HL2 as an example. And you say the same thing. But in your eyes. HL2 is so good people overshadow the steam drm at the time and didn't care. What a load of crap.

People weren't waiting six years for ACII. ACII also isn't the sequel to a game that forever changed a genre. Yes people who really want it will still get it, but the DRM will push people away. The dozen or so threads on the issue on this forum and on others are proof of that. Nothing will stop the die hards from buying it. Thing about HL2 is that it had six years of hype behind it. If it wasn't such a big game I don't think it would have happened.
 
People who want AC2.. WILL BUY IT REGARDLESS OF DRM.

Actually DRM is the reason a lot of people are voting with their wallets and not buying this game. I would really like to play this game, but I won't pay for it.
 
Actually DRM is the reason a lot of people are voting with their wallets and not buying this game. I would really like to play this game, but I won't pay for it.

I am very much in the camp of boycotting this game because of the DRM but i think many people heavily overestimate the amount of people like us willing to take any sort of stand and not buy this game.

Unfortunately our boycott likely means nothing in the long run but at least we can say we tried when its all said and done.
 
I PROUDLY bought two copies of the game on Steam! I gave on copy to a friend but you know what, I won't even play it probably, I didn't much care for the first but this is ridiculous folks.

OnLive folks. Pirates enjoy it while you can because you're KILLING the days of local computing. And guess what OnLive requires? A CONSTANT INTERNET CONNECTION! But you'll have no code to hack and if you start hacking into servers to try to swipe code you better be good or enjoy federal pound me in the ass prison.
 
I PROUDLY bought two copies of the game! And you know what, I won't even play it probably, I didn't much care for the first but this is ridiculous folks.

OnLive folks. Pirates enjoy it while you can because you're KILLING the days of local computing. And guess what OnLive requires? A CONSTANT INTERNET CONNECTION! But you'll have no code to hack and if you start hacking into servers to try to swipe code you better be good or enjoy federal pound me in the ass prison.

Yeah and if you decide not to pay for Onlive for a month you lose access to EVERY game you bought on it. Yeah and you have to pay a subscription fee AND to pay to buy or rent games. OnLive and its creators can go fuck themselves.
 
Yeah and if you decide not to pay for Onlive for a month you lose access to EVERY game you bought on it. Yeah and you have to pay a subscription fee AND to pay to buy or rent games. OnLive and its creators can go fuck themselves.

But it will be the ONLY choice. No I don't like OnLive much either but what choice do devs have?

Oh that's right, no DRM, better games, that'll stop a bully!
 
But it will be the ONLY choice. No I don't like OnLive much either but what choice do devs have?

Oh that's right, no DRM, better games, that'll stop a bully!

As I've said about a billion times on these forums: STARDOCK'S SALES INCREASED WHEN THEY ANNOUNCED THEIR DRM POLICY!

And: PIRACY IS SIMPLY AN EXCUSE PUBLISHERS USE TO EXPLAIN WHY THEIR SHIT PORTS DON'T SELL!
 
As I've said about a billion times on these forums: STARDOCK'S SALES INCREASED WHEN THEY ANNOUNCED THEIR DRM POLICY!

And: PIRACY IS SIMPLY AN EXCUSE PUBLISHERS USE TO EXPLAIN WHY THEIR SHIT PORTS DON'T SELL!

He has no way to really know if the DRM policy change was the reason sales increased and he didn't say by how much either. But it is logical to assume that the two are connected.

I always find it odd how people assume that the truth is being told when they hear an anti-DRM sucess story for lack of a better phrase but that lies are being told when a company says that piracy is killing them.

For me its simple. YOU DON'T GIVE IN TO BULLIES! NEVER! They'll take and take and take until you have nothing left to give.
 
He has no way to really know if the DRM policy change was the reason sales increased and he didn't say by how much either. But it is logical to assume that the two are connected.

I always find it odd how people assume that the truth is being told when they hear an anti-DRM sucess story for lack of a better phrase but that lies are being told when a company says that piracy is killing them.

For me its simple. YOU DON'T GIVE IN TO BULLIES! NEVER! They'll take and take and take until you have nothing left to give.

Because I know PR bullshit when I hear it. Its the same bullshit as all those people use to strip away freedoms by claiming its "to protect the children" or "to stop the terrorists". While there might be a sliver of truth to it, its still a bullshit excuse that they know most people will flock to like sheep because most people are too stupid to think for themselves.

PS: I'm not saying you're stupid for agreeing with their decisions only if you blindly follow what they say.
 
Back
Top