• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Assassin's Creed 2 PC

Proper scene crack is out courtesy of Skidrow.

Not that it matters given that people have been using server emulators to play pirated copies for at least the last month or so :rolleyes:

In all honestly they did make a good attempt at anti piracy, it lasted significantly longer than most anti-piracy, but as has been mentioned non-scene cracks (work-arounds) have actually been available almost since launch. So basically a massive waste of everyones time and money.

I wonder if they'll patch out the DRM now it's 100% useless? If they cared about their legitimate customers even slightly they'd be right on top of this. I think I know the answer for that already :rolleyes:
 
In all honestly they did make a good attempt at anti piracy, it lasted significantly longer than most anti-piracy, but as has been mentioned non-scene cracks (work-arounds) have actually been available almost since launch. So basically a massive waste of everyones time and money.

I wonder if they'll patch out the DRM now it's 100% useless? If they cared about their legitimate customers even slightly they'd be right on top of this. I think I know the answer for that already :rolleyes:

I think I recall a ubi exec in fact saying that they would patch out the DRM if it was cracked, probably PR bullshit though.
 
Hey, does anyone by chance have the correct default keymap for the X360 controller? The game detects my controller (using the wireless adapter), but for whatever reason the keymap is wrong somehow. For instance, the Empty hand Red button should be B (Button 2 or Button 4 is what is listed, I can't remember), but its X. The Weapon Hand Blue button should be X, but its B etc... the entire control scheme is screwed up trying even trying to get baby ezio to move properly.

Does anyone have a list of what the correct keymap is to make it identical to the X360 version, using a X360 controller?
 
Hey, does anyone by chance have the correct default keymap for the X360 controller? The game detects my controller (using the wireless adapter), but for whatever reason the keymap is wrong somehow. For instance, the Empty hand Red button should be B (Button 2 or Button 4 is what is listed, I can't remember), but its X. The Weapon Hand Blue button should be X, but its B etc... the entire control scheme is screwed up trying even trying to get baby ezio to move properly.

Does anyone have a list of what the correct keymap is to make it identical to the X360 version, using a X360 controller?

match the colors of the action icons to the colors of the buttons on the controller
 
match the colors of the action icons to the colors of the buttons on the controller

Yes, that's the easy part. THe problem I have is with all the non-colored options. The first 4 buttons are fine, but what is supposed to go to the triggers, the sticks, the shoulders etc... those are fouled up.
 
Yes, that's the easy part. THe problem I have is with all the non-colored options. The first 4 buttons are fine, but what is supposed to go to the triggers, the sticks, the shoulders etc... those are fouled up.

ah, I got ya. I just mapped the controls to what felt confortable (and what I 'think' the first one used... haven't played it in quite a while though), but I did find this. I can't view it here, but I can only assume that it displays the correct controls for the 360 version in it somewhere.

http://fliiby.com/file/124066/hp6ftoqrio.html
 
Ahh, thanks. Unfortunately that's the original Assassin's Creed manual, but I'll keep looking around!

If anyone else has the PC version with the "proper" controller keymap, please post a picture
 
dang, sorry. Thought it said 2.


Post the question in the console sub-forum, I'm sure someone that owns the 360 version would be more than happy to let you know.
 
My problem with the xbox360 controller on PC is that it won't properly map my trigger buttons. The bumpers map fine, but the triggers just don't want to map. I had to make up my own mappings to compensate for this.
 
Yes, that's the easy part. THe problem I have is with all the non-colored options. The first 4 buttons are fine, but what is supposed to go to the triggers, the sticks, the shoulders etc... those are fouled up.

Set it up to whatever works well for you. Since the triggers won't map at all you'll have to work around it and figure out which buttons you don't think you'll ever use and "map" those to the triggers.

I don't have access to the game right now (on a non-gaming laptop and my brother is borrowing my copy), but off the top of my head I believe I left the d-pad mapping alone as that works fine. I set the camera controls to the right joystick since they were mapped to the shoulder buttons. I set the right button to high profile and the left to...Crap I can't remember. I know the first person view was left unmapped and one other useless thing was as well. Normal movement was obviously set to the left stick.

What options does that leave?
 
Ahh, thanks. Unfortunately that's the original Assassin's Creed manual, but I'll keep looking around!

If anyone else has the PC version with the "proper" controller keymap, please post a picture

Is this what you want?

 
Did you take that screen dump? How did you assign the triggers? xbcd drivers? (or whatever they're called)
 
Is there any way to improve the draw distance? So far I've found nothing on the subject.

The draw distance is fine. There is some noticeable texture improvements when you get closer, but this is not "texture pop-in" as such - the textures are there but simply improve as you get close. True texture pop-in is hideous though but AC2 does not have that. If you experience that you some kind of unusual problem. While I wish the game had an option for high-end rigs that display the high quality textures sooner, it is not bad. Certainly not something that should cause this apparent anguish. Have you attempted to reinstall the game?
 
Did you take that screen dump? How did you assign the triggers? xbcd drivers? (or whatever they're called)

Yes its mine, but I don't think I understand the question - the left and right triggers (LT=Target Lock and RT=High Profile) were assigned automatically when I chose the 360 controller in the option. As you can see it says "default" and I haven't changed anything.
 
Yes its mine, but I don't think I understand the question - the left and right triggers (LT=Target Lock and RT=High Profile) were assigned automatically when I chose the 360 controller in the option. As you can see it says "default" and I haven't changed anything.

Hmm, my LT and RT were set to the look X-axis by default as if it were a joystick. I think the problem is that the game thinks the RT / LT on my controller is an axis... even though I have the xbox360 controller.
 
Is this game any good?

it's very good on PS3, on PC it looks very gorgeous, I just won't buy it on PC because of the DRM

although if the scene cracks become prevalent and I feel comfortable enough . . . .
 
I think I recall a ubi exec in fact saying that they would patch out the DRM if it was cracked, probably PR bullshit though.

It is. I'm going to wait another month and see if they ditch the DRM and if not then I'll just pick it up used somewhere. Shame about SH5 and Settlers 7 though if they don't ditch the DRM. I love those series.
 
I think I recall a ubi exec in fact saying that they would patch out the DRM if it was cracked, probably PR bullshit though.

It is. I'm going to wait another month and see if they ditch the DRM and if not then I'll just pick it up used somewhere. Shame about SH5 and Settlers 7 though if they don't ditch the DRM. I love those series.

it's not unheard of, I know ubi has done this in the past with older versions of settlers, anno, etc, the question is when. and if it's anything like the other titles this won't be until way, way after sales die down, it's usually in one of the last patches that they strip it if at all.

as for their own drm, the orbit system is finished. not only has it been cracked but completely reverse engineered, with no need for hackish workarounds like host manipulation or server emulators. such a waste.
 
as for their own drm, the orbit system is finished. not only has it been cracked but completely reverse engineered, with no need for hackish workarounds like host manipulation or server emulators. such a waste.

Last i checked you still need server emulators.
 
The game is half price here in the UK, just £17.91.

Shame the DRM is putting me off though.
 
I'm pretty sure posting crack links here is a no-no, so I wouldn't bother asking. If you're looking for proof by way of announcement, several big gaming sites have articles on it to add fuel to the fire burning under Ubisoft right now.
 
Huh? SKIDROW has a proper crack not a server emulator. No database or nothing.

It injects the DLL to supply the values game is requesting without need of external emulator, but the values came from p2p people.
 
Maybe next time Ubisoft and other companies will take the approach to piracy that actually works; Charging a fair price for their game.

I'd like to see AC II or some $29.99 PC games. Would be worth it to pay that for the official disc, box and manual ... oh shit sorry forgot, disc and box.
 
I'm pretty sure posting crack links here is a no-no, so I wouldn't bother asking. If you're looking for proof by way of announcement, several big gaming sites have articles on it to add fuel to the fire burning under Ubisoft right now.

I don't need the crack link, just interested in the info.
 
It injects the DLL to supply the values game is requesting without need of external emulator, but the values came from p2p people.

it's just bullshit fanboy drama, reversing the launcher is no small feat and can't be accomplished by simple "injection". where the challenge response db came from really has nothing to do with anything, since everyone has to use the same values. it's been proven that they got their db from rin, but integrating this is far and away from server emulation and still major progress.

fact is the way this protection works, ubi is completely reliant on the orbit launcher, which has been broken. this was in fact nuked, but only because they missed some save routine that prevents it from retaining user settings.
 
Uh no, its not nuked and does not rely on a server emulator. :rolleyes:
http://www.orlydb.com/?q=Assassins.Creed.II-SKIDROW

NUKED [stolen.value.db.from.web]

Whether what they're doing counts as emulation seems to be up for debate, but what is certain is that they have a copy of the server challenge/response table stored internally, and that they took this table from the existing server emulator. The table is incomplete, so the SKIDROW release has all the same bugs, but it's already missing a couple of fixes, and will only get worse.
 
Back
Top