• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Assassin's Creed 2 PC

for me that link still shows as March 9th...are you in the USA?...maybe outside the US it gets released today :confused:


I'm in Australia, it says its released. I'd post a screenshot but I have nowhere to host it. There's a big picture saying "Assassin's Creeed II... now available". From the steam page...

Title: Assassin's Creed 2
Genre: Action, Adventure
Developer: Ubisoft Montreal
Publisher: Ubisoft
Release Date: 5 Mar 2010
Languages: English, French, German, Italian, Spanish
3rd-party DRM: Ubisoft’s Online Services Platform. Ubisoft requires a permanent Internet connection to play this video game at all times.

I'd buy it to prove it, but yeah, I'm not buying that crap until the DRM is gone and it comes down in price a bit :p
 
cool...so post your impressions of the game, how it compares to the original, the DLC, screenshots etc

enough talk about the DRM...there are dozens of threads on that already...lets talk about the actual game for a change
 
It shows as released 4 Mar 2010 on my Steam (I'm in Iraq and my ISP is in Greece). Only shows as 49.99 euros, too. Did Ubi drop the price?
 
cool...so post your impressions of the game, how it compares to the original, the DLC, screenshots etc

enough talk about the DRM...there are dozens of threads on that already...lets talk about the actual game for a change

I would, except I'm not gonna buy it while it has any DRM like this. ;)
 
I'm not buying another Ubisoft game on the PC so long as this kind of DRM is on it. That's going to be painful because that means no AC 2 and no new Splinter Cell for me but I'll get over it. I have other games to play.
 
lol at you all bishes complaining at 60$ pricetag

what about the 60€ Steam asks to EU guys then?
 
lol at you all bishes complaining at 60$ pricetag

what about the 60€ Steam asks to EU guys then?

That's even worse. I'd most certainly not do it at that rate. Can you get the game for a better deal than that legit if you don't use Steam out there?
 
yeah Ebay works , the downside: you have to wait like about 5 days to get the damned thing
 
yeah Ebay works , the downside: you have to wait like about 5 days to get the damned thing


I can buy this and other Ubisoft PC games on Ebay and I'd still be stuck with this wretched DRM.
 
Assassins Creed 2 is blowing my mind - it is stunning, absolutely stunning.

It is like a dream come true. They recreated renaissance Florence and it is an absolute marvel.

Playing it with the xbox 360 controller and it handles like a dream. This is a gamepad game for sure.

Main criticism of graphics so far: I really wish there was an option for even higher quality shadows - they can be quite jaggy in places, and they noticeably change with distance which is distracting.
Other than that I am very positive on the graphics. I suppose character models could have been a little better I suppose- they are no Mass Effect 2.









 
^^ Still looks pretty damned good. Damn you Ubisoft. :(
 
the textures, especially the dirt on the ground and bench, are outstanding :)


still wont give in though :p
 
Does it make an .ini or .cfg file you can edit? I remember the first game did, don't remember if Shadow or LOD settings where in it though.

I do remember you couldn't run AA on any resolution over 1680x1050 without editing the .ini in the first game.
 
Does it make an .ini or .cfg file you can edit? I remember the first game did, don't remember if Shadow or LOD settings where in it though.

I do remember you couldn't run AA on any resolution over 1680x1050 without editing the .ini in the first game.

http://www.tweakguides.com/AC_1.html

I wonder if any of this will be useful for part 2? Worth a shot if you have the game.
 
looks good but I wouldn't say outstanding...on par with the first game...the way they brought the city of Florence, Italy to life with the architecture etc looks amazing...
 
well it's been cracked and released already on the net, so all their drm and bad press was for nothing. I think this is the only reason they patched it and bumped up the release date.
 
well it's been cracked and released already on the net, so all their drm and bad press was for nothing. I think this is the only reason they patched it and bumped up the release date.

At this rate, they may as well patch out this dreadful DRM and be done with it. It can serve no useful purpose. It obviously failed and it will continue to fail if used.
 
Dennis, those screens look great, thanks for sharing the pictures

my reason for not buying is $60 + DRM = not great
 
I don't like this bloom/blur filter that goes on. Still won't touch it with a 10 foot pole until the DRM is removed/reworked.
 
funny how the pirated version is always out before the original one, more screenies please.
edit: the wide screen pictures looks amazing
 
Last edited:
Yeah, I definately want this game. But I still refuse to buy it with this DRM.

$45 from G2Play ($41 and change if I use the points I've earned) is kinda tempting even with the DRM. Only kinda.
 
I don't think this new DRM applies worldwide...in countries where internet access is not as reliable I'm sure Ubisoft will not require always on connections...for example I highly doubt that India or similar places with the lack of reliable, widespread internet access will be using this DRM

Australia's Internet is far from reliable (save for three capital cities), yet Ubisoft's DRM is in full effect.

The pricing is strange though - Assassins Creed 2 is going for $10-$20 cheaper than the average PC game (AU$90-AU$100). Mind you, our dollar is worth on average about $0.90 in US currency.
 
Australia's Internet is far from reliable (save for three capital cities), yet Ubisoft's DRM is in full effect.

The pricing is strange though - Assassins Creed 2 is going for $10-$20 cheaper than the average PC game (AU$90-AU$100). Mind you, our dollar is worth on average about $0.90 in US currency.

I think games out here are so over priced the pricing internationally does haven't a huge affect on us. Most new release games can be had for $80AUD if you look around (JBHIFI usually sell for $10-20 under RRP on release).
 
funny how the pirated version is always out before the original one, more screenies please.
edit: the wide screen pictures looks amazing

Early and just a better product with less headaches, to boot. Ah, the irony.

It happens enough and it just starts to sit in the craw of people like me that have been so stupid for so many years to do the right thing and buy the product. Now our reward these days is almost cyber fascism with this kind of terrible DRM.

Way to encourage people to buy your product and do the right thing, UbiSoft. :rolleyes:
 
This game is fantastic. Turning of the HUD and just exploring Florence at the moment.

I hope some of you who are reluctant to get the game because of the DRM will consider getting it at some point - when the price has dropped, perhaps. It really is a joy to play.





 
This game is fantastic. Turning of the HUD and just exploring Florence at the moment.

I hope some of you who are reluctant to get the game because of the DRM will consider getting it at some point - when the price has dropped, perhaps. It really is a joy to play.

Price isn't the problem for me per se although $50 would sit better with me than $60.

Only the DRM is the problem. The second that's gone, I'll buy it.
 
Back
Top