• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Assassin's Creed 2 PC

http://www.orlydb.com/?q=Assassins.Creed.II-SKIDROW

NUKED [stolen.value.db.from.web]

Whether what they're doing counts as emulation seems to be up for debate, but what is certain is that they have a copy of the server challenge/response table stored internally, and that they took this table from the existing server emulator. The table is incomplete, so the SKIDROW release has all the same bugs, but it's already missing a couple of fixes, and will only get worse.

What does it matter? Either fucking way the server emulator is no longer required. The scene politics dont change this very simple fact.
 
Like I said, the game is still buggy because the table is incomplete, and while the server emulator allows you to keep up to date with the latest fixes, the SKIDROW release does not.
 
Maybe next time Ubisoft and other companies will take the approach to piracy that actually works; Charging a fair price for their game.

I'd like to see AC II or some $29.99 PC games. Would be worth it to pay that for the official disc, box and manual ... oh shit sorry forgot, disc and box.

Yeah, games which are console ports coming out late really should be cheaper. If Ubi wanted to charge $60 for it they should have brought it out alongside the console versions.
 
Like I said, the game is still buggy because the table is incomplete, and while the server emulator allows you to keep up to date with the latest fixes, the SKIDROW release does not.

Why wouldnt the server emulator team just turn to using the same method?
 
Well, I have no idea what the server emulator team are going to do, or why. If the emulator works, I'm not really sure what motivation they have to redo it "properly" (though I've never used it, so I have no idea how much of a fuckaround it is to get it running).
 
Un-Nuked

[UNNUKE] [ Assassins.Creed.II-SKIDROW ] [ invalid.proof_db.values.are.always.the.same [LocalNet]

Bought it now...

Code:
61.      █ █ Nukers Information:                                            █ █
62.      █ █                                                                █ █
63.      █ █ We noticed our release was nuked a few places for using stolen █ █
64.      █ █ public available values.vb codes.                              █ █
65.      █ █                                                                █ █
66.      █ █ Let's point out that, even if our dll has the very same        █ █
67.      █ █ values, then anyone can get these values and the values are    █ █
68.      █ █ still required to emulate the ubiorbit api calls. The data     █ █
69.      █ █ values are transfered via IPC, as we didn't use any kind of    █ █
70.      █ █ server emulation at all and therefore can't be compared to     █ █
71.      █ █ the public server emulator out there.                          █ █
72.      █ █                                                                █ █
73.      █ █ It's sad that there are people out there, who only focus on    █ █
74.      █ █ make you look bad, when you actually have accomplished         █ █
75.      █ █ something of a larger scale.                                   █ █
76.      █ █                                                                █ █
77.      █ █ If the scene is based on finding holes in everything, then you █ █
78.      █ █ can start nuking Command and Conquer 4 Tiberian Twilight for   █ █
79.      █ █ using exact same method as the public server emulation         █ █
80.      █ █ release, SecuROM cracks with emulated vm calls, Steam function █ █
81.      █ █ emulation and RELOADED's new Solidshield method.               █ █
82.      █ █                                                                █ █
83.      █ █ We didn't mention RELOADED, to make them look bad, but to give █ █
84.      █ █ people insight in, that alternative routes needs to be found   █ █
85.      █ █ to get around the protections these days.                      █ █
86.      █ █                                                                █ █
87.      █ █ Things are not getting easier these days, as publishers like   █ █
88.      █ █ EA and Ubisoft, have already begun to release games which      █ █
89.      █ █ require you to be online when you play.                        █ █
90.      █ █                                                                █ █
91.      █ █ You can bet more will jump on that gameplay only online wagon. █ █
92.      █ █ Firms like Capcom, Square Enix Eidos, THQ, SEGA and Activision █ █
93.      █ █ has already shown interest in doing so.                        █ █
94.      █ █                                                                █ █
95.      █ █ Maybe the same people who bitch that we used the values.vb     █ █
96.      █ █ codes from the public server release, should at least prove    █ █
97.      █ █ their accusations. Keep in mind, the values are required for   █ █
98.      █ █ the game to function properly and the values are always the    █ █
99.      █ █ same, because they never change.                               █ █
100.      █ █                                                                █ █
101.      █ █ What reason will you use, when we pre the next Ubisoft game?   █ █
102.      █ █                                                                █ █
103.      █ █ ─────────────────────────────────────────────────────────
 
Well, I have no idea what the server emulator team are going to do, or why. If the emulator works, I'm not really sure what motivation they have to redo it "properly" (though I've never used it, so I have no idea how much of a fuckaround it is to get it running).

Its not difficult but it does require running a small program in the console to be able to run the game.

Being able to just run the game without first having to run something else would make it worthwhile.
 
[UNNUKE] [ Assassins.Creed.II-SKIDROW ] [ invalid.proof_db.values.are.always.the.same [LocalNet]
That's BS... It contains the same value pairs that the server emulator had a week ago, plus values known to be fake which are excluded from the "recommended" value table. The chance of them coming up with the same incomplete table is vanishingly small; the chance of them reproducing the same fake values is effectively zero.

Its not difficult but it does require running a small program in the console to be able to run the game.
You can't just run both with a batch script?
 
You can't just run both with a batch script?

I suppose you could but again extra pain in the ass that is not needed.

Replace a single dll then play or set up a server, edit your hosts file, create a batch file then run the batch file.

The scene politics and bullshit means nothing to me.
 
Hey, don't get me wrong... No one cares less about this ridiculous scene than I do, and I'm not suggesting for a second that a server emulator is a better approach than a fixed .exe / .dll. But until there's a SKIDROW crack with an updatable (or better yet, complete) pairs table, I would say that the emulator has the upper hand.
 
Hey, don't get me wrong... No one cares less about this ridiculous scene than I do, and I'm not suggesting for a second that a server emulator is a better approach than a fixed .exe / .dll. But until there's a SKIDROW crack with an updatable (or better yet, complete) pairs table, I would say that the emulator has the upper hand.

All Skidrow has to do is release a new version exactly like they do for the server emulator. Its no different. The only real advantage would be getting it a little earlier.

Before long it will be completed and it wont really matter.
 
I'm going to laugh, and then cry when all this shit runs in the cloud cause of these baffons. This shit keeps up and you want have ANY choice but for a constant connection.

Unfortunately this day is coming and the pirates will finally be fucked taking the rest of us down with them.

Count on it sooner rather than latter.
 
running all software in cloud is effectively the end of piracy, however the volume of data that will be transmitted will choke networks, it just isn't practical. Imagine every time you need to download gigabytes of data to play a game, or even boot up your operating system.

When everyone is on 100Mbit fiber, sure it's not a big deal, but when the average connection speed in north america is 5 Mbit and capped at 60 GB monthly for most people, it's just unrealistic.

There is ample evidence that if a game is good, sales will be good. If a game company hires a bunch of newly graduate MBA buffoons and asks them how to better their sales and they suggest fighting piracy by inconveniencing the customer, then we have a big problem. The argument that PC gaming causes piracy is invalid as the consoles are just as easily pirated.
 
running all software in cloud is effectively the end of piracy

Sure, but anyone who thinks we're going to wake up one day to find no developer anywhere on earth is producing games that don't run in "the cloud" has completely lost it.

What's that I hear? Oh, it's the sound of nobody caring about OnLive. You can make a cloud gaming system if you want, but you can't *force* people to use it. Make your games cloud-only and there's a dozen developers lined up waiting to take your place on the money train.
 
The whole notion behind the cloud wiping out piracy is silly.

By the time this countries internet is even up to par to handle it we will have chips in our brains that tell the robot overlords when we try to pirate something anyway.
 
I think it's abundantly clear that Skidrow stole the DB values from the p2p emulator. Moving on from AC2 for a moment, they have still not managed to release cracked versions of Setters and Silent Hunter. Which means that they truly don't know how to crack the DRM system in a way that makes it useless for Ubi altogether. Right now I believe there is a server emulator project for Settlers going on just like there was for AC2. If Skidrow somehow manage to 'crack' Settlers right after the emulator gets the game fully running, it will be quite amusing and damning at the same time. It also means Ubi will not care at all about it... I'm sure they knew that it would eventually happen, but if they manage to keep the pirates away for a month every time, I'm sure they will consider that a significant win. If only they decided to remove the DRM a few months after release, I think most people would be okay with that scenario... Those who don't mind being connected to the net can play it early while those who can wait for the DRM to go get it after a while.
 
Those who don't mind being connected to the net can play it early while those who can wait for the DRM to go get it after a while.

I wouldn't mind that situation. Unfortunately they've said they intend to run with this DRM basically forever, and even years from now if you want to play AC2 you'll need to connect to the servers to play it.

Such a shame. I really want to play AC2, but will always refuse to buy into this type of DRM.
 
I wouldn't be surprised if Ubi removed the DRM entirely before too long. They'll probably see a spike in sales next holidays, but after that they've probably made as much money from these games as they're ever going to. At that point it just seems to make more financial sense to patch it than to maintain a validation server indefinitely.
 
Scene crackers often do support games after their release, especially big titles, if their crack stops working after a major patch for exmaple, they'll put out a new crack for the updated version, that happens quite a lot.

Skidrow in fact have released a fix to address saved settings not working properly, apparantly it exists in retail as well.
 
I know it's pretty common to put out a small fix right after release (since these guys do virtually zero QA in their eagerness to finish first). But we're talking about continual updates, one step behind the AC2 Clearinghouse, for who knows how long. That'd mean admitting that their release was incomplete, and admitting that much of it wasn't their work, and I get the impression that the egos on these scene wankers are too big to allow for something like that.
 
I broke down and bought this a week or so ago finally.

Yes, I know about the DRM and all that but for $35 which is what Amazon had going I said the hell with it. I blinked. I got tired of waiting.

I don't know how I lasted as long as I did. This is an AMAZING game to me. I can't get enough of it. I LOVE this damned game. This is easily going to be on my short list of GOTY personally for me.

So far, no problems with the DRM. *knocks on wood*



I have run afoul of a strange glitch and I wonder if any of you have seen it and if there's anything I can do about it:

Altair's Armor. I got the 6 seals from the Assassin's Tombs and returned to the Villa, put them in their spots, did everything right and all that (I think?), I saw the six locks slide away...and then nothing.

The gate never came down and it never finished off for me.

I can't get to the armor.

I'm pretty sure that's not the way it's supposed to be unless I'm really missing something stupid somewhere.

I closed the game down and restarted and I can walk in there and the six locks are back in place, the six seals are also in place and there's not a damned thing I can do about it.

Shy of starting the entire game over...which I'll do some day because this will have great replay value but not THIS soon...what the hell can I do here if anything?

There's been no other problems whatsoever of any kind.
 
Yep it is truly an amazing game. PC gamers complain too much about anything and everything these days, to the extent that they will lose sight of the point of gaming, which is to have fun. This game is surely a GOTY contender but sadly the DRM will get more focus than how good the game actually is.

That assassins tomb where you have to get inside a church and climb along the walls all the way up to the roof really stood out for me. Sure, it was pretty linear, but the things your character does in scaling those walls is crazy. I remember getting right to the top and then the last bit has you making a couple of jumps to reach the trapdoor. When I actually reached it, I realized that I had been holding my breath for a while. I cannot remember the last game that literally had me breathless while playing it.

In any case, have you tried going to the armory in the Villa? While I was playing the game, a silly glitch caused me to lose the sword of Altair (basically an enemy disarmed me in a fight and a cutscene triggered before i could pick it up... after that, the sword disappeared). However, when I went back to the Armory, I saw the sword was there in the rack with the other weapons. I don't know if this will be the case for your armor, but no harm in checking right?
 
In any case, have you tried going to the armory in the Villa? While I was playing the game, a silly glitch caused me to lose the sword of Altair (basically an enemy disarmed me in a fight and a cutscene triggered before i could pick it up... after that, the sword disappeared). However, when I went back to the Armory, I saw the sword was there in the rack with the other weapons. I don't know if this will be the case for your armor, but no harm in checking right?

I'll try but the Altair's armor is still sitting in its original spot behind that gate despite everything I wrote in the previous post. Very strange.
 
That is weird, maybe it requires a minimum amount of Codex Pages to be turned in? Are you 100% sure you have turned all the seals in?
 
That is weird, maybe it requires a minimum amount of Codex Pages to be turned in?

This is a detail I'll have to look into closer just in case. I hope this is the case and I don't have a glitch.


Are you 100% sure you have turned all the seals in?

Yes. There's 6 of them. I even walk by all the statues to try and redo anything and nothing happens. My inventory says x6.
 
Yes. There's 6 of them. I even walk by all the statues to try and redo anything and nothing happens. My inventory says x6.

I looked at my char and I dont think it should show the items in your inventory if you have actually placed them onto each statue. For me it shows "complete" in place of where the items go. It is either a glitch or there is another requirement to unlock the armor.
 
I looked at my char and I dont think it should show the items in your inventory if you have actually placed them onto each statue. For me it shows "complete" in place of where the items go. It is either a glitch or there is another requirement to unlock the armor.

I'll look into it more today. Quite strange.

If this were a corrupted save I would think that would be more obvious but I guess can't rule that out.
 
Back
Top