• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

ArmA 3 - Alpha release March 5th!!

Hmm, I'd heard of that as being a hack or something but not as part of the development build. I haven't played much MP yet so I can't say.
 
Anyone going to be on later tonight and are willing to help me out a bit? I played last night but was confused for the most part.

Yeah, I should be on a bit tonight, maybe around 6 PM PST or so. Feel free to add me on Steam (MavericK99966).
 
Apparently there is a bug though where if you're using the development build, it still lets you join any server, but everyone is turned into a seagull the instant you join. Unless they fixed that anyway.
Sounds like Bohemia ;)
 
Also, I believe the Alpha Lite comes with one extra invite, so make sure to pass it on to other [H] members if you get an invite! :D

Got my invite activated and downloading now. Haven't seen an invite appear in my inventory, but as soon as it does I'll post here for anyone who wants it.
 
I have 3 invites available in my Steam inventory...first 3 people to quote me with their Steam info get it when I get home from work later today. Students/unemployed preferred, for the rest of you, if you can afford to buy the game go ahead and do it it's only $35.

http://steamcommunity.com/id/SoFGR/

It's not for me, i sold the parts of my main pc 1 month ago

It is for a student, you can send the invite directly to him if you don't mind

http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198077466596

+1 ...2 more left...
 
The Alpha Lite gives you three invites? They said only one...Hmm.

...Maybe my buddy actually bought me the game?!

Bohemia said:
Unlike the regular Arma 3 Alpha, the Arma 3 Alpha Lite does not feature a multiplayer component or modding support, and does not include access to the Arma 3 Beta and complete game later on.

I was playing Multiplayer last night... Holy moly, I may not have thanked him enough!

Also, you're right, the Bohemia site says you only get 1 Aplha Lite invite, when you're Alpa Lite. Dang! Time to buy someone a cake!
 
Yeah, sounds like you got gifted the full Alpha. Congrats! You'll get the full game as well when it's done. :)
 
Yeah, sounds like you got gifted the full Alpha. Congrats! You'll get the full game as well when it's done. :)

I'm quite excited about this development. I'm super eager to play again now! Which is ironic, cause I said this last night:
Well, I had a play, and I'm really not feeling it. Maybe it's just cause its Alpha. I'll still be willing to try it later.
But that doesn't even matter to me anymore. I'm stoked to get dug in with this title. : P
 
My GTX 680 is crawling at 30-40 fps on 1920x1080 res. Turned off AA but it doesn't seem to improve things that much. Would have to tweak other settings later on to get better fps.

Love the graphics and gameplay though. Can't wait for the final release.
 
2 invites to give. PM me your steam ID.

EDIT- Invites gone.
 
Last edited:
This game is CPU bound just like Arma 2. My 3570k at 4.5 struggles to maintain fps with large mp servers or lots of AI.
 
It's not even "bound", it's just very poor optimization. I will regularly get like 50% or lower overall CPU usage, as well as ~30% GPU usage, and still be getting like 15-25 FPS. ArmA 2 was pretty bad as well but it was far more optimized than this is currently.
 
It's not even "bound", it's just very poor optimization. I will regularly get like 50% or lower overall CPU usage, as well as ~30% GPU usage, and still be getting like 15-25 FPS. ArmA 2 was pretty bad as well but it was far more optimized than this is currently.

None of the arma2 fixes that have happened recently are in the A3 builds last I had heard.
 
I've seen a good performance increase on my 680 by disabling alpha to coverage on all foliage. It looks great, but there just isn't enough breathing room for it on a 680.

I'm hopeful that strong sales so far will create significant enough interest on AMD's and NVIDIA's parts to push hard on optimization in their drivers. Bohemia seems to be generally incompetent in getting good performance out of their renderer, so we're going to have to really hold out for the graphics vendors to do what they can.
 
I've seen a good performance increase on my 680 by disabling alpha to coverage on all foliage. It looks great, but there just isn't enough breathing room for it on a 680.

I ran AToC on my 680 in ArmA 2 just fine. It is a performance hit but it's not what's causing the massive slowdown...poor utilization of CPU and GPU is clearly the case. A lot of people don't even use AToC and are still getting the same problems.
 
Man this game is sweet. I just got done playing on a DM server. Super realistic and super hard to find enemy's, which i like.
 
Got mine as well, this is a day 1 purchase for me, I've always been a fan of the series, haven't played ARMA 1 and 2 that much but i used to play a lot of cold crisis back in the day, i really hope that this cold war rearmed mod thingie will be ported to arma 3 sooner or later :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9u6oHG8GmFg anybody remember that mission ? <3

Improved infantry handling sounds like music to my ears, if only they could minimize the AI performance hit before they reach "gold state" arma 2 SP campaign was (at points) practically unplayable no matter my system's specs :(

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthre...e-completely-(instructions-how-to-test-inside
 
Got mine as well, this is a day 1 purchase for me, I've always been a fan of the series, haven't played ARMA 1 and 2 that much but i used to play a lot of cold crisis back in the day, i really hope that this cold war rearmed mod thingie will be ported to arma 3 sooner or later :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9u6oHG8GmFg anybody remember that mission ? <3

Improved infantry handling sounds like music to my ears, if only they could minimize the AI performance hit before they reach "gold state" arma 2 SP campaign was (at points) practically unplayable no matter my system's specs :(

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthre...e-completely-(instructions-how-to-test-inside

But it now (before day one) and you'll get the final game and beta access (starts after the alpha finishes) for only $33.
 
Buy it now (before day one) and you'll get the final game and beta access (starts after the alpha finishes) for only $33.

its the same thing for simcity buy it now and you get the alpha and then the full game at a later date also.

snap... ;)
 
OK, I still have one invite pending. Established [H] members can PM me your particulars if you want it.

EDIT: ...and it's gone.
 
Last edited:
Yeah, I was doing it just now as a Navy Seal on some shitty map that starts you off in the water.

Oh and another game I put an entire clip into a dude and he was still running around. He jumped in a heli and blew me away with the mini gun. He was 1, cheating or 2, it was a bug. It was pretty frustrating, enough for me to quit for the night.
 
its the same thing for simcity buy it now and you get the alpha and then the full game at a later date also.

snap... ;)

BIS games tend to be buggy, but not that bad.

Apparently there is no GUI for loadout editing in the editor yet. Looks like we have to type out those annoying scripts every time we want to change the loadout of a soldier. Very disappointing is putting it lightly.

Hopefully it will get added in the beta/final version.
 
BIS games tend to be buggy, but not that bad.

Apparently there is no GUI for loadout editing in the editor yet. Looks like we have to type out those annoying scripts every time we want to change the loadout of a soldier. Very disappointing is putting it lightly.

Hopefully it will get added in the beta/final version.

i actually got tired of messing with loadout scripts and ended up just having weapon crates and ammo crates all over the starting base, and would save it with just the crates as a blank template. and then just used that when ever i started to edit a new mission also made sure triggers were set up so nothing in the mission would advance until the squad crossed a certain area so you could take as long as you wanted to load out and then move out when everyone is ready.

everyone gets the items they want and arnt restricted to what you chose for them and can easily delete weapon crates from other factions if for instance you wanted the mission to be USMC weapons only or Army or british ect.
 
I can't get it to launch on vista32sp2. It tells me I'm missing d3d11.dll so I d/l it from dllfiles and place it in my system32 folder, then it just gives me another error. I ran the dxsetup from the arma III folder also, but it still wont launch. Thanks anyway to Volume for the invite but it seems to have gone to waste unfortunately. :(
 
I can't get it to launch on vista32sp2. It tells me I'm missing d3d11.dll so I d/l it from dllfiles and place it in my system32 folder, then it just gives me another error. I ran the dxsetup from the arma III folder also, but it still wont launch. Thanks anyway to Volume for the invite but it seems to have gone to waste unfortunately. :(

you might want to look into upgrading to windows 7 , preferably 64-bit, if you're interested in playing latest/greatest games.. Less and less titles will support vista without problems as time goes on.
 
^completely irrelevant, It says it supports Vista sp2 yet it doesn't.
 
I can't get it to launch on vista32sp2. It tells me I'm missing d3d11.dll so I d/l it from dllfiles and place it in my system32 folder, then it just gives me another error. I ran the dxsetup from the arma III folder also, but it still wont launch.
You need the Platform Update.

Also, don't just grab DLL files. In the future, the proper way to update DirectX is to run the DirectX web setup. The standalone DirectX installers are no longer being maintained.

you might want to look into upgrading to windows 7 , preferably 64-bit, if you're interested in playing latest/greatest games.. Less and less titles will support vista without problems as time goes on.
Vista with the Platform Update is basically Windows 7 in terms of DirectX support.
 
You need the Platform Update.

Also, don't just grab DLL files. In the future, the proper way to update DirectX is to run the DirectX web setup. The standalone DirectX installers are no longer being maintained.
Vista with the Platform Update is basically Windows 7 in terms of DirectX support.
Gracias! just lauched it for the first time.
yep, dxdiag lists the version as dx11 now. That's pretty cool! Now to see how it runs and plays.
 
BIS games tend to be buggy, but not that bad.

Apparently there is no GUI for loadout editing in the editor yet. Looks like we have to type out those annoying scripts every time we want to change the loadout of a soldier. Very disappointing is putting it lightly.

Hopefully it will get added in the beta/final version.

I don't think I understand this? I use the save/load out feature all the time on the DM server I usually play on without having to type in any scripts.
 
Back
Top