Any Sandy Bridge m-ITX coming? Any news?

Got the Asrock H67M-ITX/HT B3 yesterday, together with 2600K (well, wait for Z68 itx board, if it came out at all),GTX570, SG07, H70.
Build quality is ok for the Asrock, but one of the antenna header did not screw tight, and it seems jamed, so I can't secure the external antenna :(

Got the Asrock H67M-ITX/HT B3 yesterday, together with 2600K (well, wait for Z68 itx board, if it came out at all),GTX570, SG07, H70.
Build quality is ok for the Asrock, but one of the antenna header did not screw tight, and it seems jamed, so I can't secure the external antenna :(
Hey, do you know if you're able to tweak the CPU voltage and other voltages in the UEFI?

Got the same board as well, but with a 2500k. Checked newegg today and they have the gigabyte and asus models as well. The problem I found with the antenna is that the front panel connection is right behind it so, it requires some play.

dscn0971h.jpg

Got the same board as well, but with a 2500k. Checked newegg today and they have the gigabyte and asus models as well. The problem I found with the antenna is that the front panel connection is right behind it so, it requires some play.

dscn0971h.jpg
Very nice setup!:eek:
Which case are you using to host the GTX570?

May I ask what is the point of this setup? Is it just to say you did it, because it seems very unpractical to me.

... I don't even know if this is a legit question... there have even been watercooled mITX projects, lol... This is [H]'s SFF section after all. We do have anything from SFF thin clients, SFF NAS, SFF LAN rigs, SFF clusters...

Seriously, what on earth could a powerful CPU and a powerful GPU do? What would be the point of that? Why even make it small? Couldn't a large system do the same? Couldn't people who like seeing massive metal towers of mostly empty air like another setup? :p

Nah, don't take this too seriously. I'm just jabbing in general, not specifically at you. :)

Some people like small + powerful.

EDIT: cj3waker, you were supposed to be delayed by the eVGA forum!! :mad:

unpractical would be an ATX board in a full tower case running a 2500k and single 570

In a cost and performance sense the ATX is far more practical and allows for expansion if needed. That mITX setup is Hard, but really only useful in an HTPC, LAN party box application, etc. I guess overkill is the new underkill. :D

In a cost and performance sense the ATX is far more practical and allows for expansion if needed. That mITX setup is Hard, but really only useful in an HTPC, LAN party box application, etc. I guess overkill is the new underkill. :D

ohhhh.... you haven't seen overkill, lol. Look at that pic above, then imagine waterblocks on it... a full loop, rad and all, internally done.

May I ask what is the point of this setup? Is it just to say you did it, because it seems very unpractical to me.

my computer is 8.5"x11"x5.5" and houses an i7 860 and a 5870. i have seen 800Ds with an i5 and a single gtx460. my computer is 1/10 of the volume of an 800D, but still more than powerful enough to run my 30" screen, as long as im not trying to use a bunch of AA. thats the point of these setups, to make a computer that does everything a full tower can do, but have it take up much much less room. :D

my computer is 8.5"x11"x5.5" and houses an i7 860 and a 5870. i have seen 800Ds with an i5 and a single gtx460. my computer is 1/10 of the volume of an 800D, but still more than powerful enough to run my 30" screen, as long as im not trying to use a bunch of AA. thats the point of these setups, to make a computer that does everything a full tower can do, but have it take up much much less room. :D
SFF is officialy now... Sexy Form Factor :cool: We'll watch this thread banished into GenMay in a few hours :p
Practical, in this case, is something that makes you realize your dreams using your fantasy!:cool:

yay!! Also because it's easier to stuff under a small desk :D

except ITX is cheaper for the same performance?

SFF is officialy now... Sexy Form Factor :cool: We'll watch this thread banished into GenMay in a few hours :p

yay!! Also because it's easier to stuff under a small desk :D

:confused: youre not gonna stick your Sexy Form Factor under a esk are you? :(

except ITX is cheaper for the same performance?

yeah this. itx boards are hard to find for more than $150, usually more like $100. any decent atx board is gonna be $150 minimum. but for me at least, thats just extra money for a bunch of features i wont even use.

:confused: youre not gonna stick your Sexy Form Factor under a esk are you? :(
Only place I can fit it with my teeny writing desk and a monitor, lol. It's a rather shallow desk that is too short in many places, and not nearly wide enough to be used as anything *but* a pure writing desk.

yeah this. itx boards are hard to find for more than $150, usually more like $100. any decent atx board is gonna be $150 minimum. but for me at least, thats just extra money for a bunch of features i wont even use.

yeah, socketed ITX boards, that is. Just to clarify before someone starts pointing out ION/Zacate boards :p

Hmmm... A little itx case with a hawt looking babe painted on the side and the logo saying Sexy Form Factor. I like it! :D

Very nice setup!:eek:
Which case are you using to host the GTX570?
Actually, I'm not using the 570 in the picture ( I pulled that out of another machine for show). I ordered a GTX 590 to go with this system. Everything will be housed in a Lian Li PC-Q08 black case. Im trying to fit some of the best stuff into the smallest case that will fit. Some have said "why not get regular sized parts" but that would be too easy.

Actually, I'm not using the 570 in the picture ( I pulled that out of another machine for show). I ordered a GTX 590 to go with this system. Everything will be housed in a Lian Li PC-Q08 black case. Im trying to fit some of the best stuff into the smallest case that will fit. Some have said "why not get regular sized parts" but that would be too easy.
Man, the GTX 590 is a kind of VGA!!!!:cool:
I'm assembling a ITX gaming system with the same case;)
I already have it, along with a XFX HD6950 2GB (aiming to flash to 6970) and 2600K:D
I started a thread about which 1155 ITX MoBo is available out there. http://hardforum.com/showthread.php?t=1595795
It seems that we can forget about any P67 and hope for a Z68 in the future... Thus, only H67 right now:mad:!
Do you think it would be possible to stick an Arctic Cooling Extreme Plus onto the VGA?
It's what I'm gonna try very soon:eek:
What do you think about that?

Man, the GTX 590 is a kind of VGA!!!!:cool:
I'm assembling a ITX gaming system with the same case;)
I already have it, along with a XFX HD6950 2GB (aiming to flash to 6970) and 2600K:D
I started a thread about which 1155 ITX MoBo is available out there. http://hardforum.com/showthread.php?t=1595795
It seems that we can forget about any P67 and hope for a Z68 in the future... Thus, only H67 right now:mad:!
Do you think it would be possible to stick an Arctic Cooling Extreme Plus onto the VGA?
It's what I'm gonna try very soon:eek:
What do you think about that?

Nice choice for 6950. I had the case before with an i3 540 and GTX 460 but, gave it to my brother a month later as a birthday gift. As far as I see, the Arctic Cooling Extreme Plus is fully compatible with it. Dunno if it would void your warranty by switching heatsinks. Im hoping the Z68 allows for better OC'ing since I can only push the multiplier to 37 on the ASRock board and other minimal tweaking.

if youre asking if the accelero xtreme plus will fit on a 6950/6970, then yes. a 590, no

haha
pci-e ribbon, mount the card twisted 90 degrees, and then run the AXPs vertically. then flop a 200mm fan over both the heatsinks. killer temps

if youre asking if the accelero xtreme plus will fit on a 6950/6970, then yes. a 590, no
Surething, the GTX590 is dual processor... What a beast!:cool:
Nice choice for 6950. I had the case before with an i3 540 and GTX 460 but, gave it to my brother a month later as a birthday gift. As far as I see, the Arctic Cooling Extreme Plus is fully compatible with it. Dunno if it would void your warranty by switching heatsinks. Im hoping the Z68 allows for better OC'ing since I can only push the multiplier to 37 on the ASRock board and other minimal tweaking.
Bad news: the Accelero Xtreme Plus wont fit!
Not because of the length; it's because of the clearance of the bottom of the case...
The Xtreme Plus needs 56mm but the case clearance it's only 46mm!!!!:eek:
Thanks to nutball from SPCR forum, I just didn't waste $80...
http://www.silentpcreview.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=13&t=60330&p=530480
PC-Q08, we are all warned!

ZOTAC 1155 now at Newegg

So fresh it doesn't even have pictures. But that didn't stop me from ordering one :D

Ironically, I had just bought another mini-itx b/c I was tired of waiting for Zotac to get it in gear, but it looks like that one is going back unopened when it arrives.

* 6 SATA ports
* USB3 onboard header
* Full mini-PCIe slot
Who can top that?

ZOTAC 1155 now at Newegg

So fresh it doesn't even have pictures. But that didn't stop me from ordering one :D

Ironically, I had just bought another mini-itx b/c I was tired of waiting for Zotac to get it in gear, but it looks like that one is going back unopened when it arrives.

* 6 SATA ports
* USB3 onboard header
* Full mini-PCIe slot
Who can top that?

gah, did you buy the open box 2600k, too? I went to click "add to cart" and it switched to "Sorry, out of stock" :p

I like that the Zotac doesn't have a reference style setup. The 4-pin next to the PCIe slot could be troublesome IMO.

I like that the Zotac doesn't have a reference style setup. The 4-pin next to the PCIe slot could be troublesome IMO.

yeah, it's the same location as the H55 board -- I had to shave down the clip on the 4pin a bit to get it to fit when the antec h20 was installed

gah, did you buy the open box 2600k, too? I went to click "add to cart" and it switched to "Sorry, out of stock" :p

Nope sorry. I bought my 2600k a few weeks ago when Zotac announced they had started reshipping this board and it has been sitting in its box on my desk for a few weeks now...hope it still works!:confused:

Well it turns out that newegg is going to charge an $18 restocking fee for returning my new/unopened ASRock motherboard that I bought 3 days before the Zotac one came out and I bought it. So I thought it would be worth asking you guys if anyone wanted it for $110, sort of split my losses.

Its the ASRock H67M-ITX/HT with onboard WiFi. I'll wait to ship it back to Newegg until Monday. If you're interested, PM me.

Back