• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

$2500 5090 I’m out

A lot of people care when it comes to input lag etc. using DLSS and FG.
Anyways, I don’t care about 5070s anyway, I only care about the 5090.
I posted the snip of the 5090's metrics in the NVIDIA thread. Double the ray tracing performance, 1.5x the raster performance, which is the same as the jump from the 3090 to the 4090.

1736219806964.png
 
I posted the snip of the 5090's metrics in the NVIDIA thread. Double the ray tracing performance, 1.5x the raster performance, which is the same as the jump from the 3090 to the 4090.

View attachment 702232
Yep, so basically double when using raytracing + DLSS Q upscaling I'd guesstimate. If we use the new DLSS neural materials, 4x framegen, etc.... who knows? And the improved upscaling was going from 1080p to 8k (16x the pixels). I bet with DLSS4 going full tilt it'll be 2.7-3x the performance as opposed to the first scenario's 2x.
 
As always, take Nvidia's marketing with a grain of salt. It tends to run optimistic compared to actual performance.
I usually chop it down by 10% and it's accurate from what I see in reviews. So, we're in for a whopper, and I don't mean the Burger King kind.
 
Just FYI, Nvidia has deployed "Hype Bots" to a bunch of different platforms to try and build up excitement. These are usually new accounts with low friend counts. I would not be surprised if they try and do the same thing here. It's going to be weird with this GPU launch.
 
I'm interested in the 5070 Ti. 5080 with only the same about of VRAM doesn't seem like as good a deal.
 
Just FYI, Nvidia has deployed "Hype Bots" to a bunch of different platforms to try and build up excitement. These are usually new accounts with low friend counts. I would not be surprised if they try and do the same thing here. It's going to be weird with this GPU launch.
How can I learn about this? Just google it or is there a good link?
 
No way this new RTX-5070 for $550 bucks will give the same performance as the $1,500 RTX-4090 in games. I'm talking straight up benchmarks without the gimmick of DSLL or Rey Tracing or Raster crap. No way.

Like benchmark a game like Doom Eternal at Ultra settings in 4k, no funny video card settings or options, just run the game at ultra settings in the game.

So this new $550 RTX-5070 will give the same performance and near benchmark fps as a 4090?

I'm extremely skeptical
 
No way this new RTX-5070 for $550 bucks will give the same performance as the $1,500 RTX-4090 in games. I'm talking straight up benchmarks without the gimmick of DSLL or Rey Tracing or Raster crap. No way.

Like benchmark a game like Doom Eternal at Ultra settings in 4k, no funny video card settings or options, just run the game at ultra settings in the game.

So this new $550 RTX-5070 will give the same performance and near benchmark fps as a 4090?

I'm extremely skeptical
Jensen said it was only possible due to dlss frame generation. Why does it matter "how" the magic happens?
 
No way this new RTX-5070 for $550 bucks will give the same performance as the $1,500 RTX-4090 in games. I'm talking straight up benchmarks without the gimmick of DSLL or Rey Tracing or Raster crap. No way.

Like benchmark a game like Doom Eternal at Ultra settings in 4k, no funny video card settings or options, just run the game at ultra settings in the game.

So this new $550 RTX-5070 will give the same performance and near benchmark fps as a 4090?

I'm extremely skeptical





In every one of their 1st-party benchmarks, they use 4x FG (1FPS->4FPS) and every other trick in the book to boost the FPS on the 50 series.

In terms of raw actual compute performance the 5080 isn't even close to the 4090, let alone the 5070.

1736221966397.png
 
It'll be interesting to see what happens to the mid-upper end 40's when the 5070 hits. Real world results could drive down the price in the secondary market, for sure, on some higher end cards. Higher amounts of vram may be the only thing that lets them retain some value.

Also, anxious now to see what AMD brings. I think the 5070 may be aimed at them.
 
Same thing will happen like last time. People will panic sell 4090s for 500-900 bucks depending on how much they panic. Then prices will go back up once card supply goes back up for 50 series. Look at price of 3090s for reference.
 
Same thing will happen like last time. People will panic sell 4090s for 500-900 bucks depending on how much they panic. Then prices will go back up once card supply goes back up for 50 series. Look at price of 3090s for reference.
Rinse. Repeat. Every time.
 
Same thing will happen like last time. People will panic sell 4090s for 500-900 bucks depending on how much they panic. Then prices will go back up once card supply goes back up for 50 series. Look at price of 3090s for reference.
Huh, maybe I should just get a panic-sale 4090, then... 😅
 
I agree, but it's comparing apples to apple pies.

That said, with access to a game software's inputs, motion vectors, etc you could hypothetically generate hundreds of frames for every one single frame. So why did they decide to stop at 4x? is it because they can then release the 60 series with a 6x FG? Then the 70 series with an 8x FG?

The truth is that presenting Frame-Gen as simple, hassle-free performance and not a feature with it's own positives and negatives is real scummy.
 
Same thing will happen like last time. People will panic sell 4090s for 500-900 bucks depending on how much they panic. Then prices will go back up once card supply goes back up for 50 series. Look at price of 3090s for reference.
I haven't been following 3090 prices, what was the trend?
 
At least the 5090 isn't 2500 dollars.

I've paid close to this 5090s retail price for the last few cards I've had so it's nice to see it not at 3k after taxes.

Although going from $1600 to $2000 in one generation feels terrible. I'm gonna sit how this this one out and how this goes. Seems like the minimum you need to pay is about close to $2200 after taxes/shipping just to play ball. That's the bare minimum, seems harsh. A nice triple slot cooler should be another 150 extra? So this is a 2500 dollar affair average? Holy shit doesn't feel good to be honest.
 
I haven't been following 3090 prices, what was the trend?
Initially people sold 3090s for very cheap when they heard that 4070 would compete with it. I saw some sales at 500$ for 3090 and maybe 800 for a 3090 Ti. In following months when the cards actually came out and were widely available prices went back up. Even today if you go to find a 3090 - an almost 4 year old card you will end up paying 500 or thereabouts. Imagine you could’ve done it in 2022 when 4090 was announced.

With the claim that 5070 is 4090 performance at 549 this is likely to repeat until people find out that it will probably suck for 4K gaming and won’t match without DLSS and FG and possibly run out of vram etc.
 
Because frame gen is trash. IQ goes down, input lag goes up.
Agreed.

Frame Gen isn't "Trash" per-se, but it is a feature and not performance. It has positives and negatives: it and can ruin some experiences and enhance others.

It is not a 1-to-1 substitute for actual performance and advertising a 5070 to be "as fast as a 4090" but hiding the subtext that such equivalence is ONLY in games where 4x FrameGen is used is disingenuous.
 
Jan 30 is too far away… 👀
Dammit. I start a new job on the January 27th. Was really hoping to be able to camp out for the 5090 before I start work. Trying to ask PTO or being late to work only 3 days in is going to be rough.
 
if you have a 4080 or 4090...I don't think you need to upgrade to the 5000 series soon
for me, I am still using 2070...
Also, I am learning UE5 now...I need a better GPU
It will be a bit challenging for me with 2070 at the moment...
so I need to upgrade to the 5000 series
 
Barely at all, unless you're starting from under 60fps. It kicks butt!
Eh, it's fine in some games, pretty trash in others. It adds smoothness, not performance, and sometimes the smoothness is at the expense of input-lag: Input Lag... Which actual performance reduces.

So I don't agree with the people who HATE frame-gen, but I also don't agree with people who thing it can replace REAL performance.

Also, Nvidia's OWN DEMO shows them starting from 20-30 FPS.
 
Agreed.

Frame Gen isn't "Trash" per-se, but it is a feature and not performance. It has positives and negatives: it and can ruin some experiences and enhance others.

It is not a 1-to-1 substitute for actual performance and advertising a 5070 to be "as fast as a 4090" but hiding the subtext that such equivalence is ONLY in games where 4x FrameGen is used is disingenuous.
I don't see how he hide it? We all immediately know it so seems above board?
 
Back
Top