• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

$2500 5090 I’m out

I don't see how he hide it? We all immediately know it so seems above board?
That's a bit disingenuous. A LOT of people here (a forum for hardware enthusiasts, at a bare minimum SLIGHTLY more savvy than the average joe-consumer) are believing that the 5070 is just as powerful as a 4090, only to find out that is not true when others here point out the fine print.
 
If true, my RTX 4090 ain't going anywhere.
1736225785153.jpeg


It looks true.
 
That's a bit disingenuous. A LOT of people here (a forum for hardware enthusiasts, at a bare minimum SLIGHTLY more savvy than the average joe-consumer) are believing that the 5070 is just as powerful as a 4090, only to find out that is not true when others here point out the fine print.
Jensen literally spoke about dlss and how they made it and then introduced the 5070 as performant as it is only because of dlss. What is he supposed to do?

His point was to introduce the dlss model frame gen as a feature.

I don't know how I would say it differently given that i can ONLY put positivity on my words (else your shareholders will skin you alive).
 
Last edited:
Jensen literally spoke about dlss and how they made it and then introduced the 5070 as performant as it is only because of dlss. What is he supposed to do?

His point was to introduce the dlss model frame gen as a feature.

I don't know how I would say it differently given that i can ONLY put positivity on my words (else your shareholders will skin you alive).
Since you’re all in on the 5070 being just as powerful as a 4090.. is it safe to assume if both were offered to you for free but you could only pick one, you’d select the 5070 since it’s “just as powerful” but you’ll have the benefit of lower power consumption?
 
lol, if people really think the 5070 will be as fast as a 4090 they got another thing coming. Remember the 4070 being as fast as a 3090ti? Yeah with dlss.

Its all marketing with DLSS 4.0. What DLSS 4.0 does achieve is getting closer to 4k 240hz with down sampling "quality" and better frame gen...

Cannot wait to snag a 5090 on the 30th.
 
lol, if people really think the 5070 will be as fast as a 4090 they got another thing coming. Remember the 4070 being as fast as a 3090ti? Yeah with dlss.

Its all marketing with DLSS 4.0. What DLSS 4.0 does achieve is getting closer to 4k 240hz with down sampling "quality" and better frame gen...

Cannot wait to snag a 5090 on the 30th.
I can also play my stereo louder from a cassette player than from my high-end turntable.

Better frames for downgraded image quality and fluidity. We really need a reviewer to take [H]'s old approach of focusing on quality and overall experience.
 
lol, if people really think the 5070 will be as fast as a 4090 they got another thing coming. Remember the 4070 being as fast as a 3090ti? Yeah with dlss.

Its all marketing with DLSS 4.0. What DLSS 4.0 does achieve is getting closer to 4k 240hz with down sampling "quality" and better frame gen...

Cannot wait to snag a 5090 on the 30th.
Yea DLSS4 is basically just 4x frame gen from lossless but more AI based so more polished. Probably going to be about half the 4090 in raster. The 5080 I would expect to be slower than the 4090 in raster and only matching it with pathtracing on.
 
I can also play my stereo louder from a cassette player than from my high-end turntable.

Better frames for downgraded image quality and fluidity. We really need a reviewer to take [H]'s old approach of focusing on quality and overall experience.
100% agree. Too many people like lowering their image quality for framerates. I for one try not to use dlss if I have the horsepower for it. But, dlss also lets me have longevity with my GPU. Case in point my 3090 has lasted me 4 years and dlss let it last longer than it normally would.
 
In every one of their 1st-party benchmarks, they use 4x FG (1FPS->4FPS) and every other trick in the book to boost the FPS on the 50 series.

In terms of raw actual compute performance the 5080 isn't even close to the 4090, let alone the 5070.

View attachment 702248
Far Cry 6 is the raw performance numbers without trickery, but it is with RT enabled so we probably will see even less gain in raw raster. Looks like it will probably be in the 15-40% uplift in most games over the 4080 when the game world is synced between rendering and calculated physics/object positions, basically FG disabled.
 
5090 laptop is going to be such a monster in a small package.
I would actually love to get Zephyrus G16 with new x3d chip from AMD at 54w and 5090 95w for a total of 150w of TDP for 4090 desktop performance, but unfortunately G16 won't come with x3d chips.
Actually I don't think there have been any announcements about laptops with x3d chips, only the chips themselves.
 
Far Cry 6 is the raw performance numbers without trickery, but it is with RT enabled so we probably will see even less gain in raw raster. Looks like it will probably be in the 15-40% uplift in most games over the 4080 when the game world is synced between rendering and calculated physics/object positions, basically FG disabled.
Yea seems so. I'll wait for 60xx gen I suppose, hopefully I can get a 480hz oled monitor I like by then.
 
So 5090 in 30 january. Cant wait. Hope i will get fast Gigabyte Gaming version.
 
Last edited:
Another generation where only the top end card is actually worth it. I had a 4080 Super briefly and returned it going back to my 3080ti as it was faster in raw raster performance. I've learned to never buy again 256-bit card. The 5080 is going to dissappoint alot of people. And I don't see any reason why nvidia would 'be nice' and release a theoretical 5080ti 384 bit bus yada yada to fill that gap any time soon. They've got until whenever AMD catch up to that level to do whatever they please, drip feeding the market with slightly better 5080 variants with no end in sight.

580gtx -> 680gtx Oof!
3080ti -> 4080 Super Oof! (see what I did there)

I'm getting the 5090 though for sure, I don't see I have a choice!

Founders edition day 1. :cool:
 
If anyone is super worried about the 5070 matching their 4090, I'll happy buy your 4090 from you at the 5070's MSRP, infact, I'm such a swell guy I'll cover the shipping.
Yeah the hype train is all ramped up for sure. The marketing crap they put out, and the lack of good new games lately it makes me glad I won't be upgrading.
 
Agreed.

Frame Gen isn't "Trash" per-se, but it is a feature and not performance. It has positives and negatives: it and can ruin some experiences and enhance others.

It is not a 1-to-1 substitute for actual performance and advertising a 5070 to be "as fast as a 4090" but hiding the subtext that such equivalence is ONLY in games where 4x FrameGen is used is disingenuous.

This.

Thank you.

So yeah a 5070 for $550 bucks isn't the same performance as as the $1,500 4090.

Curious if the 5070 is on par with the 4090 will the Marketplace be dumping 4090's for under $500 now? I highly doubt it.
 
This.

Thank you.

So yeah a 5070 for $550 bucks isn't the same performance as as the $1,500 4090.

Curious if the 5070 is on par with the 4090 will the Marketplace be dumping 4090's for under $500 now? I highly doubt it.
Pending actual rasterization performance improvements, I would expect 4080s to be around $500 or less. Def not 4090s, as there's no substitute for 24GB VRAM and I would expect actual rasterization (and even DLSS 2/3) performance to be in line with the $750 5070 TI at least, if not the 5080.
 
This.

Thank you.

So yeah a 5070 for $550 bucks isn't the same performance as as the $1,500 4090.

Curious if the 5070 is on par with the 4090 will the Marketplace be dumping 4090's for under $500 now? I highly doubt it.
5070 won't be on par with 4090 in "real" performance (not counting the 1/2 VRAM) -- it's not even nearly possible. It's more likely close to 4080/Super in actual rasterization.

The 5070=4090 performance statement made by nVidia is outlandish, and borderline deceptive, even with the "only possible with AI" addendum. Let's just please stop and throw this out the window.
 
Far Cry 6 is the raw performance numbers without trickery, but it is with RT enabled so we probably will see even less gain in raw raster. Looks like it will probably be in the 15-40% uplift in most games over the 4080 when the game world is synced between rendering and calculated physics/object positions, basically FG disabled.
Far Cry 6 is an outlier that performs poorly on NVIDIA hardware, so I don't know why NVIDIA chose to use it as an example.
5070 won't be on par with 4090 in "real" performance (not counting the 1/2 VRAM) -- it's not even nearly possible. It's more likely close to 4080/Super in actual rasterization.

The 5070=4090 performance statement made by nVidia is outlandish, and borderline deceptive, even with the "only possible with AI" addendum. Let's just please stop and throw this out the window.
I don't know how it's outlandish when the 4070 Ti was as fast as the 3090 Ti without DLSS.
 
That's the key problem. The 5090 is impressive, but what would I do with it? Things dried up in terms of games that would tempt me to upgrade.

Yup, I can't believe I'm saying this, but it's overkill even for 4k gaming.
It is a 4k/240hz card, but other than that, I guess it will be used to max out Cyberpunk-like requirements with maxed out RT.
 
That's the key problem. The 5090 is impressive, but what would I do with it? Things dried up in terms of games that would tempt me to upgrade.
Gotta get that dopamine hit from the shiny new thing, bruh! That's why anyone buys an overpriced luxury toy like these!

Too bad it always fades almost immediately after playing the same games you've already played on it and not really enjoying them any more despite seeing number go up on the FPS counter. But there are those people who just enjoy seeing number go up more than playing the actual games too, lol.
 
No mention on improvements in IPC and the clocks speeds are down. Just count the cores and you'll see no way a 5070 will come close to a 4090. And on a 192-bit bus?! No way. A 5080 will struggle against a 4090 on raw raster.

The only new tech here apparently is an improved way to create extra between frames, which is just pure gimmick imho, and we've had this technology for years AND with zero latency, it's called motion blur. What they've done to reduce the latency is admirable, but it's still fundamentally a no go feature for feature for me. I've tried it with Alan Wake with low fps and F1 2024 with high fps and in either case I found it better with it off.

It'll look amazing if you're standing over someone's shoulder playing Cyberpunk though.
 
Only 5,000 added cuda cores? Piss off Nvidia. This card sucks ass for my 3d rendering needs. Like another said 28 months for this shit?
 
No mention on improvements in IPC and the clocks speeds are down. Just count the cores and you'll see no way a 5070 will come close to a 4090. And on a 192-bit bus?! No way. A 5080 will struggle against a 4090 on raw raster.

The only new tech here apparently is an improved way to create extra between frames, which is just pure gimmick imho, and we've had this technology for years AND with zero latency, it's called motion blur. What they've done to reduce the latency is admirable, but it's still fundamentally a no go feature for feature for me. I've tried it with Alan Wake with low fps and F1 2024 with high fps and in either case I found it better with it off.

It'll look amazing if you're standing over someone's shoulder playing Cyberpunk though.
4070 base clock = 1.9 GHz
5070 base clock = 2.2 GHz

4070 bandwidth = 504 GB/s
5070 bandwidth = 672 GB/s
Only 5,000 added cuda cores? Piss off Nvidia. This card sucks ass for my 3d rendering needs. Like another said 28 months for this shit?
That's a 32.8% increase in cores over the 4090.
 
The 5070=4090 performance statement made by nVidia is outlandish, and borderline deceptive, even with the "only possible with AI" addendum. Let's just please stop and throw this out the window.

Exactly, it's seems like shady sales tactics. But that's typical nVidia. It's funny to read all these comments of people defending them and cheerleading for them. LOL.
 
That's the key problem. The 5090 is impressive, but what would I do with it? Things dried up in terms of games that would tempt me to upgrade.

Yep.

I have the RTX-4080 and my OLED monitor runs 3440 X 1440 res. I can run every game max ultra settings and get 150+ fps easily some games 200+ fps. And Doom Eternal like 300+ fps.

Not making excuses, just being real here, a 5090 for my resolution and games wouldn't even be that noticable. Ok I'd get 400 fps in games LOL totally overkill, and I don't have a 480hz refresh rate monitor.

Yes for 4k gaming that's where the 5090 shines and is actually noticeable in pushing games. But if you don't have a 4k display I don't see the 5090 being worth the astronomical price. LOL at people now being cool with the $2,000+ cost for it and justifying it. Like frog in boiling water.

I wish the 5080 had like 24GB RAM and more cuda cores and was still $999. But the 5080 as is seems like a so so upgrade, why not just find a better deal on a 4080 Super.

As much as I hate the $2,000 price for the 5090, it's sadly the best bang for the buck for massive performance upgrade. The 5090 is much faster than a 4090. But a 5080 isn't much faster than a 4080 which is silly.
 
Last edited:
Far Cry 6 is an outlier that performs poorly on NVIDIA hardware, so I don't know why NVIDIA chose to use it as an example.
Still is apples to apples as they don't have access to DLSS or FG there. It does give some indication about the generational leap when they are doing raw raster or RT without frame generation. Most of their examples is more about how many frames they can synthesize, not how much faster the game world runs. You typically want 60 fps or more due to mouse input latency etc. in FPS games so I value game world ticks more than synthesized frames results.
 
That's a 32.8% increase in cores over the 4090.
I understand that but I run 2 cards and they are water cooled. It has to be in the 40%+ to make it worth it. I know it has more V ram but I don't go over that. Just not worth it for me at this time.
 
Back
Top