• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

$2500 5090 I’m out

what is cash back?
1734556503809.png

you get money back...
 
Lets face is Jensen lost track of Reality when he declared his company an AI company instead of a Graphics Card Company.
Then Nvidia being a one Trillion dollar company the last thing they care about is giving the consumers a fair price.

Exactly.

Now that nVidia is a trillion dollar A.I. corporation they don't give a F about us PC Gamers, we're the 0.00001% to them. Watch the RTX-6090 launch @ $2,999 and require a 2,000 watt PSU needing new circuit breakers in your room.
 
I'm in no rush to buy one, I sold my 7900xtx and put my old 2080Ti back in (saved it for exactly this reason). Most of the games I play are a few years old anyways so it really doesn't matter to me all that much if/when I'm able to get a 5090. Who knows, maybe I'll end up with something else.
 
Lets face is Jensen lost track of Reality when he declared his company an AI company instead of a Graphics Card Company.
Then Nvidia being a one Trillion dollar company the last thing they care about is giving the consumers a fair price.
I’d argue the folks expecting a fair price from Nvidia are the ones out of touch with reality.
 
Why not both?!?! One for nice days outside, other for rainy days! ;)
Ok, you convinced me. :) But just a 5080 , I cannot justify the 5090 until Samsung releases an OLED version of thier current 57" or LG does the same if not shock and awe with Micro LED.
 
Damn you guys are worried about the cost of the flagship...I'd be shocked if 5080, 5070 were priced under $1000 at this rate.
 
Cant wait for 5090. Sleeping all days to get this day to buy. No sense of live without pc with rtx.
 
Damn you guys are worried about the cost of the flagship...I'd be shocked if 5080, 5070 were priced under $1000 at this rate.

5080 won't be- I highly doubt Nvidia will be lowering the price on any card at this point.
 
Considering the gap between the 5070 and the 5070ti, I really do not see how a sub $1000 for the 5070 would be shocking, the 4070 super is $600.... No one would have be shocked if it is under $750...
 
Last edited:
Considering the gap between the 5070 and the 5070ti, I really do not see how a sub $1000 for the 5070 would be shocking, the 4070 super is $600....
if you look at the specs, I would assume it would be something like:

5060---5060Ti----------5070-------5070Ti---------------5080------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------5090

I don't expect anything other than the 5090 to be much more expensive than the launch MSRP of the 40 series analogues.
 
5080 won't be- I highly doubt Nvidia will be lowering the price on any card at this point.
It'll be $1200 or more and if it's performance is about a 4090 level give or take, the marketing will say "but look at what kind of discount you get!".

Because cost to performance is supposed to just be a treadmill now gen over gen...apparently. If we are in fact still on TSMC 5nm and we know Nvidia can sell AD103 products for $799 with the 4070 Ti Super, I'm going to say...super lame. But I'm sure someone will come up with some reason why the astronomical price that the 5080 will undoubtedly be isn't Nvidia's fault and they are only being altruistic to gamers with the best tech. :ROFLMAO:

Now if they really did bump die size across the segments, not just GB202, then I could see that making sense. But if its still a die size in the high 300's mm2, then I am going to call bullshit on $1200 and up MSRPs when the AD103 equipped $799 4070 Ti Super exists. Hell, AD102 equipped 4070 Ti Supers are starting to pop up.
 
Last edited:
It'll be $1200 or more and if it's performance is about a 4090 level give or take, the marketing will say "but look at what kind of discount you get!".

Because cost to performance is supposed to just be a treadmill now gen over gen...apparently. If we are in fact still on TSMC 5nm and we know Nvidia can sell AD103 products for $799 with the 4070 Ti Super, I'm going to say...super lame. But I'm sure someone will come up with some reason why the astronomical price that the 5080 will undoubtedly be isn't Nvidia's fault and they are only being altruistic to gamers with the best tech. :ROFLMAO:

Now if they really did bump die size across the segments, not just GB202, then I could see that making sense. But if its still a die size in the high 300's mm2, then I am going to call bullshit on $1200 and up MSRPs when the AD103 equipped $799 4070 Ti Super exists.

I mean obviously Nvidia doesn't care about gamers, and honestly I don't see why they should. If you look at all the people who on here bitching and crying about how much Nvidia sucks, they all have Nvidia GPUs lmao. So yeah they cry and bitch all they want, yet still end up buying it anyways so why SHOULD Nvidia give a single crap?
 
It'll be $1200 or more and if it's performance is about a 4090 level give or take, the marketing will say "but look at what kind of discount you get!".

Because cost to performance is supposed to just be a treadmill now gen over gen...apparently. If we are in fact still on TSMC 5nm and we know Nvidia can sell AD103 products for $799 with the 4070 Ti Super, I'm going to say...super lame. But I'm sure someone will come up with some reason why the astronomical price that the 5080 will undoubtedly be isn't Nvidia's fault and they are only being altruistic to gamers with the best tech. :ROFLMAO:

Now if they really did bump die size across the segments, not just GB202, then I could see that making sense. But if its still a die size in the high 300's mm2, then I am going to call bullshit on $1200 and up MSRPs when the AD103 equipped $799 4070 Ti Super exists. Hell, AD102 equipped 4070 Ti Supers are starting to pop up.
I thought die shrinks lowered costs?
 
I mean obviously Nvidia doesn't care about gamers, and honestly I don't see why they should. If you look at all the people who on here bitching and crying about how much Nvidia sucks, they all have Nvidia GPUs lmao. So yeah they cry and bitch all they want, yet still end up buying it anyways so why SHOULD Nvidia give a single crap?
Two things can be right at the same time. Nvidia whether we like it or not does have the better tech and features in the RT era. I don't think anyone here is saying that that sucks. At the same time it's not unreasonable to say I want more VRAM (a regret I have in getting this 3080 Ti instead of a 3090) so I'm not having to turn down texture settings. That's especially a perfectly reasonable ask for the mid-range and mainstream section of the market when 8GB cards have been around for over a decade now. So it's not unreasonable to say yeah the segmentation and pricing is sucky.

And Nvidia should still give a crap because gaming might no longer be their highest money maker anymore, but it's still a good portion of it. And if they aren't careful, they could absolutely see pressure to the mainstream segment of the business where the majority of buyers are. But of course I don't necessarily think AMD won't fuck that up, so maybe you're right and they don't need to give a crap. I don't know.
I thought die shrinks lowered costs?
Last I heard, TSMC was increasing their price on 3nm and 5nm wafers by up to 10% in 2025. So I mean, I do see an increase in cost leading to an increase in MSRP. But I mean if you have a good margin still selling AD103 based cards at $799, then I think $1200-$1400 for a 5080 isn't fully explained by a 10% increase in wafer cost unless we are also moving from a 379mm2 die for AD103 to something much larger for GB203.
 
Now if they really did bump die size across the segments, not just GB202,
According to the rumoured core count I doubt they did at least for the 203 (the 202 could be over 700mm this time around...), seem like something that would fit right in the 4090m laptops, keeping similar size and memory bus.

I mean obviously Nvidia doesn't care about gamers, and honestly I don't see why they should. If you look at all the people who on here bitching and crying about how much Nvidia sucks, they all have Nvidia GPUs lmao. So yeah they cry and bitch all they want, yet still end up buying it anyways so why SHOULD Nvidia give a single crap?

That not obvious at all, why would they make a 5050-5060-5070-5070ti gpus if not for gamers ? Why make the switch 2 soc if not for gamer, what not caring about gamers even mean in that context... They want for the next and next generation of gamers to have Nvidia gpu in their machines, if only to help make sure they buy Nvidia gpu for everything else having learned on those.

Same reason for the nice $250 dev kit...

And we are talking about a multi billion business with a 40% margin.... by itself
 
Last edited:
According to the rumoured core count I doubt they did at least for the 203, seem like something that would fit right in the laptops.
That's what I thought. Like ok TU104 was 545mm2...if GB203 was similar, then yes, the $1200+ MSRP would make more sense, especially with 10% bump in wafer costs in 2025.

But if we are still talking sub-400mm2 dies here, then I don't think that makes much sense at all. If they do try to price the 5080 at $1200 or even more, they are going to compare it to the 4090 instead of the 4080/4080 Super in marketing and say look its a "cheap" 4090.
 
According to the rumoured core count I doubt they did at least for the 203 (the 202 could be over 700mm this time around...), seem like something that would fit right in the 4090m laptops, keeping similar size and memory bus.



That not obvious at all, why would they make a 5050-5060-5070-5070ti gpus if not for gamers ? Why make the switch 2 soc if not for gamer, what not caring about gamers even mean in that context... They want for the next and next generation of gamers to have Nvidia gpu in their machines, if only to help make sure they buy Nvidia gpu for everything else having learned on those.

Same reason for the nice $250 dev kit...

And we are talking about a multi billion business with a 40% margin.... by itself

What I mean is that they don't care enough to give gamers certain things that should be expected by now. Yeah sure they made a 5060 for gamers, and then it has 8GB of VRAM for $400+ again, really gonna say Nvidia truly cares about gamers? Why make a Switch 2 SoC? Why not? You think they wanna do it because they care about gamers, or because there's money to be made by making a Switch 2 SoC? So no Nvidia does not care about gamers, they just care about keeping gamers business.
 
Not sure why even use a word like care, they want to make money, gamers spend giant amount of money, they want that money, that what caring mean, the distinction is a bit meaningless (and impossible to know or make), I thought by not caring you meant not caring about their money anymore (has what else would they care about to start with...)
 
Yes they care about MAKING MONEY, and they are making plenty of that. You really think they care about the actual experience of the consumer base?
 
Last I heard, TSMC was increasing their price on 3nm and 5nm wafers by up to 10% in 2025. So I mean, I do see an increase in cost leading to an increase in MSRP. But I mean if you have a good margin still selling AD103 based cards at $799, then I think $1200-$1400 for a 5080 isn't fully explained by a 10% increase in wafer cost unless we are also moving from a 379mm2 die for AD103 to something much larger for GB203.
I would assume there's quite a few cost increases, but agree that 800 to 1200 is kinda crazy.
 
Yes they care about MAKING MONEY, and they are making plenty of that. You really think they care about the actual experience of the consumer base?
yes as much as it help to make more money, which is directly correlated between the 2, the second the consumer have bad experience, they will stop to sales, it is for almost 100% of them a pure luxery and could easily buy nothing or the competition. This is again a distinction almost impossible to make for something like caring about the experience of the consumer or their money, it end up being exactly the same.

Would not surprise me if they cared so much if they spent 9 figures making sure they made better gaming gpu than the competition and software suite that come with it, it would not surprise me they continue to care so much about gamers that we see video game with Nvidia logo on them pushing nvidia tech.

Less than before, is different from not at all.
 
yes as much as it help to make more money, which is directly correlated between the 2, the second the consumer have bad experience, they will stop to sales, it is for almost 100% of them a pure luxery and could easily buy nothing or the competition. This is again a distinction almost impossible to make for something like caring about the experience of the consumer or their money, it end up being exactly the same.

Would not surprise me if they cared so much if they spent 9 figures making sure they made better gaming gpu than the competition and software suite that come with it, it would not surprise me they continue to care so much about gamers that we see video game with Nvidia logo on them pushing nvidia tech.

Less than before, is different from not at all.
$1200+ 4080's were rotting on shelves. $1000+ 4080 Supers sold. Nvidia definitely is not wanting stuff to just sit unsold on shelves or in warehouses.

EDIT: They could go two ways with that. Either maintain a price point that leads to pushing healthy volume, or hike price, make fewer and pump out more 5090s instead. Wouldn't surprise me if they do that.
 
Last edited:
$1200+ 4080's were rotting on shelves. $1000+ 4080 Supers sold. Nvidia definitely is not wanting stuff to just sit unsold on shelves or in warehouses.
Yes, I do not see how we can square the cheaper super launch and not caring at all, they still do care at least a little bit about getting gamers money (thus caring about their experience quality with the product and price point). It could just be internet hyperbole that would mean less than before having bigger fish to fry now too...
 
$1200+ 4080's were rotting on shelves. $1000+ 4080 Supers sold. Nvidia definitely is not wanting stuff to just sit unsold on shelves or in warehouses.
Hence why the 5080 will be HALF the shaders, bus, memory of the 5090. If they can't sell the 2nd best for 1200, they'll cut it down until it's barely a good deal at $1000

This is why I'm pretty confident Nvidia will price the 5090 at above $2K, and more likely $2499
 
Yes, I do not see how we can square the cheaper super launch and not caring at all, they still do care at least a little bit about getting gamers money (thus caring about their experience quality with the product and price point). It could just be internet hyperbole that would mean less than before having bigger fish to fry now too...

If you want to consider that caring about the customer's money is the same thing as caring about the customer that's fine but I say you can care about the customer's money without actually caring about the customer, you just do the absolute bare minimum to make sure your product sells as opposed to going the extra mile to ensure the good quality experience. A company like Wooting is an example of what I think is a company that actually cares about the customer and not just taking their money.
 
Hence why the 5080 will be HALF the shaders, bus, memory of the 5090. If they can't sell the 2nd best for 1200, they'll cut it down until it's barely a good deal at $1000
Maybe, but all of that come from the 5090 getting bigger not the 5080 being smaller (at least as we know).

It is possible that the 5090 is driven a lot by decision for the x40-RTX 6000, the 5080 driven a lot by China sanction and the 5090M requirement and we then look at the final 5080 vs 5090 and backtrack from them.

you just do the absolute bare minimum to make sure your product sells as opposed to going the extra mile to ensure the good quality experience. A company like Wooting is an example of what I think is a company that actually cares about the customer and not just taking their money.
Maybe, maybe not, it is extremelly hard to distinguish, because in a very direct way every good action a company make that is known by the customer can end up as good publicity (and vice versa) and more business (and vice-versa), making trying to read mind in that regard really hard.

Nvidia making a new setting apps for the geforce gpu line, caring about customer or caring about their money... where is the line. Everything they do for customer they would be doing it to keep AMD market share low as well in the eye of some.
 
I thought die shrinks lowered costs?
yes it can, but I doubt Blackwell will feature any die shrink this generation, if we mean the 5080 is now close to a 4090 in performance and cost less to make.. sure, in that way, but gen on gen, rumours sound like similar size to maybe bigger for the 5090 and 5060.
 
Last edited:
If you want to consider that caring about the customer's money is the same thing as caring about the customer that's fine but I say you can care about the customer's money without actually caring about the customer, you just do the absolute bare minimum to make sure your product sells as opposed to going the extra mile to ensure the good quality experience. A company like Wooting is an example of what I think is a company that actually cares about the customer and not just taking their money.
Why would you equate one of the world’s largest corporations with Wooting? They are two totally different types and scale of business.

Nvidia’s primary responsibility is to produce a product that will perform to the hype, i.e. beyond any other commercially available graphic card released to date. They can charge what they want and consumers can decide accordingly. The CEO is not going to invite anyone around to a barbecue to pat his daughters bum just because 2500 changed hands. Just be grateful it will come in a nice green box :)
 
Why would you equate one of the world’s largest corporations with Wooting? They are two totally different types and scale of business.

Nvidia’s primary responsibility is to produce a product that will perform to the hype, i.e. beyond any other commercially available graphic card released to date. They can charge what they want and consumers can decide accordingly. The CEO is not going to invite anyone around to a barbecue to pat his daughters bum just because 2500 changed hands. Just be grateful it will come in a nice green box :)

Yes exactly, yet there seems to be so much sense of entitlement from people on this thread acting like Nvidia owes them better lol.
 
Back
Top