2 x 1GB Buffalo Firestix ddr2 800 RAM (D9GMH) - $199 @ newegg

So once these get back instock (again) do you think they will use the same chip?

So once these get back instock (again) do you think they will use the same chip?

Yes, for sure... When I asked Mike at Buffalo Tech when my DDR2-800 Firestix will be available, he just told me today that mine should be shipped thursday so the 3/02 ETA is right for Newegg.

Also, I asked about the IC chips on the firestix and they confirmed they are always using Micron till now so the next shipment is supposed to be still D9GMH.

Yes, for sure... When I asked Mike at Buffalo Tech when my DDR2-800 Firestix will be available, he just told me today that mine should be shipped thursday so the 3/02 ETA is right for Newegg.

Also, I asked about the IC chips on the firestix and they confirmed they are always using Micron till now so the next shipment is supposed to be still D9GMH.

Thanks for the info!

Does anyone know how long the $20 off coupon is supposed to last?

I am undecided between these sticks for $175 and the OCZ sticks at fry's for $220.

I found that the $20 newegg promo is only valid till 2/26/07 or 500 orders have been reached; whichever comes first. So I guess we missed out on the deal again:mad: Im sure there will be more deals soon as it seems that everyone is dropping prices and running deals. LOL I knew I should have jumped on this deal.

I found that the $20 newegg promo is only valid till 2/26/07 or 500 orders have been reached; whichever comes first. So I guess we missed out on the deal again:mad: Im sure there will be more deals soon as it seems that everyone is dropping prices and running deals. LOL I knew I should have jumped on this deal.

I always seem to visit the forums a day or two late for catching these deals.

anyone running these at 1T? if not why should i gethtis when i get more bandwidth out of 800 at 1T? why is everyone so excited about these? If you can't run 1t it is a waste. 800 at 1t will outrun it. which the GSKILLS at newegg will do. 840 at 1t right now. 8500 mem bandwidth. 1200mhz at 2t + 7800 bandwidth. can't see what the fuss is over. prices are good so I can see that. but why 1000 at 2t over 800 at 1t? makes no sense.

anyone running these at 1T? if not why should i gethtis when i get more bandwidth out of 800 at 1T? why is everyone so excited about these? If you can't run 1t it is a waste. 800 at 1t will outrun it. which the GSKILLS at newegg will do. 840 at 1t right now. 8500 mem bandwidth. 1200mhz at 2t + 7800 bandwidth. can't see what the fuss is over. prices are good so I can see that. but why 1000 at 2t over 800 at 1t? makes no sense.

bwahaha. i'm sure these can do 1t at 840 or so also. i dunno. i have team group D9GMH's... 1055 4-4-4-9 2t 2.2v, but meh... shall i see how far it can go at 1t? booted up fine this morning 4-4-4-8 1t, but rebooted at windows load. i'm sure more voltage and woohoo! but i need the computer today, can't get into OC'n n tweakin right now. If these firestix are D9GMH's they should be able to do similar. I dont know if the Gskills are D9, if they are I'm sure similar performance too, but everyone's makin a fuss because it's 90% or so likely that you'll get D9GMH's (i remember only seeing one guy on newegg complain about not bein D9). where as everyone else shipping DDR2-800 kits at ~$200 range have been kind of hit or miss with that lately (usually elipida, or promos). Both which are good, but won't let you get to the truly high overclocks that some people love so much. But since the new chipsets coming out allow unlinked overclocking I guess that's not much of a reason anymore eh? I dunno, it covers more bases in my book. I'd buy the firestix over any of the gskill just for their look though... oooh those things look so damm sweet. (can't knock on Gskill's packaging though, that stuff is soooo purdy. bwwahahaa!

It probably is more likely to get 1t at 800 mhz off the 1000 firestix yeah i agree so that is a good buy point for most and the price is right. jsut don't get why 1000 mhz at 2t is getting everybody all hot and bothered over. the real deal is at 1t. IF they ran 1t at a 1000 then i could see it but this kind of fuss over 2t? just boggles me. many many stix will run 1t at 800 i have a set of $120 super talents that will do it too ( yes they are the ones that were on here) just don't get the hubub that is all.

I got a set, and a set of OCZ's and a set of Gskills, and a set of supertalents. gonna see what will do the real.

I could get my DDR1 to 7500 bandwidth and that is on par with 1000mhz at 2t so why is this special?

i like it because it compensates for something else i'm lacking in. yah... you know... boasting rights and such. yah... 800 or 1000? lol. then 1t or 2t? well 2t is bigger so yah.. ;p

:) I hear ya there. it is still a good deal though. Just tune down to 800 and go 1t faster that way. or see how far you can go 1t.

That is what I want to know how far has anyone gotten on 1t and what are they using?

Amount of ram + Timings makes bandwidth which = speed.

That is where the real deal is at Bandwidth and amount of ram.

Thinking of running 4 gigs instead. I can get the OCZ's and the Firestix (same chips) to run 840 at 1t too so if i can't get over that on 2 gigs of anything then I will go 4 gigs and stay here.

Goal is 1000 at 1t at any timing. Then i will be excited. Till then killer prices on ram though.

How did you run the memory at 1T? I was under the impression that Intel chipsets don't let you set the command rate.

your right you can't on Intel. I run an Nvidia Chipset on a 680i board. Main reason I don't run intel lack of controls and feature rich bios. Don't me wrong the intel 975/965 are good I just perfer more control to get higher clocks and more bandwidth. WIsh DFI made a 680 board but they are on the ATI chipset, too bad i hear it ain't all that good. DFI has the best bios and they have Oscar Woo too big bonus.

Nvidia has brought some of the flavour of the AMD boards over to intel c2d platforms. Likey Likey

Love the unlinked ram feature too. mem not holding me back anymore.

that is a friggen sweet chipset.. must be since it costs an arm and leg & left nut

I got it for $188 Asus P5N32-E SLI $250 retail. newegg back page. they are listed as refurbs but I know the egg has a bunch of new OEM's and a few overstock retails on this one for I called my friend there. Abit boards are usaully new too. Some boards are returns (giga, biostar, foxconn) but abit and asus are either new OEM or Overstocks. I have ordered over 20 boards this way and only got one bad one. and the egg paid return ship and gave me another with overnight ship so what is the risk?

Make sure you do the hotfix though on Nvidia site and update bios. Buggy till you do that then pretty solid.

They have the P5N-E SLI for $95 right now and the 650I goes up to 820 at 1t and 1000 at 2t but no more and can overclock the cpu like mad. it has high frquncy limitation at 1t so I rma'd it for the 680. if you are on a budget the P5N-E sli is a great board. I had a great experience with it but I want to go further. great board for the cost ratio though.

If anyone needs to buy RAM right NOW and wants something almost as good as firestix and almost as cheap, check out this pair of 4-4-3-5 G.skill sticks:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16820231114

Over at VRzone they were ably to run them stable at 571mhz 2.4v and 5-5-5-15 timings:

http://www.vr-zone.com/?i=4473&s=3

Virtual Hideout only tested up to 2.3 volts, but at that voltage they were able to get 506mhz at the RAMs advertised timings of 4-4-3-5, presumably they could have done quite a bit better with relaxed timings.

http://www.virtual-hideout.net/reviews/GSkill_F2-6400CL4D/index2.shtml

I don't know about getting this ram down to 1T, probably can't do that, but it seems like it can compete with firestix otherwise, and its actually available now at newegg.

At 1t this stuff is as good as any I have a set that ran 850 1t. 920 at 2t. good ram. likes asus P5N-E SLI too

If anyone needs to buy RAM right NOW and wants something almost as good as firestix and almost as cheap, check out this pair of 4-4-3-5 G.skill sticks:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16820231114

Over at VRzone they were ably to run them stable at 571mhz 2.4v and 5-5-5-15 timings:

http://www.vr-zone.com/?i=4473&s=3

Virtual Hideout only tested up to 2.3 volts, but at that voltage they were able to get 506mhz at the RAMs advertised timings of 4-4-3-5, presumably they could have done quite a bit better with relaxed timings.

http://www.virtual-hideout.net/reviews/GSkill_F2-6400CL4D/index2.shtml

I don't know about getting this ram down to 1T, probably can't do that, but it seems like it can compete with firestix otherwise, and its actually available now at newegg.
They use the Promos ICs and clock like crazy with low timings but I haven't seen anything about them testing at 1T. They probably won't do so well. I'm waiting for the Firestix to come back in stock.

Just got an email from Buffalo.
They are shipping out most back orders today.
If you do not receive a comfirmation tomorrow, your order will be delayed for another 2 weeks.

Just got an email from Buffalo.
They are shipping out most back orders today.
If you do not receive a comfirmation tomorrow, your order will be delayed for another 2 weeks.

Mike from Buffalo told me they will ship mine on 3/01 so you are right. Hope I'm not in the group who must wait for 2 weeks again since I ordered mine just minutes after they got into backorder.

Mike from Buffalo told me they will ship mine on 3/01 so you are right. Hope I'm not in the group who must wait for 2 weeks again since I ordered mine just minutes after they got into backorder.

What's your order #?

They use the Promos ICs and clock like crazy with low timings but I haven't seen anything about them testing at 1T. They probably won't do so well. I'm waiting for the Firestix to come back in stock.

Yeah, like I said, I have no idea if they will do 1T, but outside of that if you had to order today these would be damn close performance and price-wise, outside of the 1T thing, which is a non-issue if you OC high enough that you have to run the Firestix at 2T anyway.

Well, I finally finished my rig...

e6300 @ 3.15 (1.4v)
Firestix 6400 (2 gigs.. paid 214 for them... grrr)

edit - oh yea... p5n-e SLI

and I don't want to take a screenshot, so heres my CPU-Z

freq - 450
FSB - 1:1
CAS - 4
RtC - 4
RasPre - 4
Tras - 10
Bank - 28
Command rate - 2T

I uped the volt on these to right around 2.09xxx and nothing stops this new machine....

I can't believe how fast this sucker is... In BF2, i'm finding that i'm actually loading the map upon a change before the preround is done... in other words, about 15 seconds.

I want to see how far I can take this... but really, I don't care with performance like this... with eVGA 8800 GTS 320 (havn't overclocked that, and won't) I score 9535 in 3dmark2006....

I DONT EVEN KNOW IF THAT IS A GOOD SCORE, but I could care less. I havn't loaded up FEAR yet, but thats my next goal.

In other words.. if you are like me and got in on the original firestix and paid more than everyone else, don't feel bad... we might have gotten a really killer batch...

try running your board unlinked at 1500 or whatever gets you back to 3.15 and then run your mem at 820 and change command rate to 1t see if that runs for ya. even faster then. 900 mhz at 2t much slower thatn 820 at 1t.

I ran that board and got 820 1t 1650 fsb unlinked. super fast but not enough for me so i went to the 680I since i got it for like $35 more that the P5N-E sli that I had. it is a great board for the $ though i'll tell ya that

What's your order #?

They didn't give me a # actually but I know it's there since 2 different Buffalo representatives confirmed the order and told me it's shipping today hopefully. Mind you I ordered via phone since the web has no shipping options to Canada and they fucked up when they confirmed it's in stock when it's just out 5 mins ago. I would believe them since they apologized and promised me to overnight my set for sure all the way to Canada.

I just pray my order didn't slip thru the cracks and be put on the next batch 2 weeks later.

Hey guys...what timings are you running?

I try to run 4-4-4-12 @ 1T and windows doesn't boot. Tried increasing voltage to 2.08 (max). At 5-5-5-15 2T my computer randomly shuts down.

What voltages do these require? I also have a P5N-E Sli and I tried the settings someone posted who got to 1200 and couldn't. wth!!!

Please let me know what voltage and timings you're running.

what bios are you on? if stock try the update may be a bios issue there is an update but only one but i flashed it before i ran the board at all. try that if you have not already

The firestix ran at 840 1t at 5-5-5-15 and 1000+ at 2t same timing. think it may be a bios issue. have you tried raising you proc volatge a touch, could be proc error

Oh yeah linke or unlinked? if linked try lowering your multi

Hey, thanks for the quick reply

Well I got it to finally boot at 5-5-5-15 1000 @ 2T but I havn't tested it with a game. That's where it just freezes and stuff. You are also correct in the fact I have the old 0202 bios. I've always been a little scared/paranoid flashing the bios so that's why I haven't done it yet.

Here is what I have so far...but I have gotten to 3.73 @ 1.55v not orthos stable for a second :eek: so I kind of know what I'm doing but this ram thing is getting me paranoid. I tried to reach 1200 at 5-5-5-8 2T but failed. What voltage is safe for these? I have the pc8000.

1600FSB
8 Multiplier
1.79 northbridge
1.385 cpu voltage

Memory is unlinked
1000 Memory
5-5-5-15 2T
2.08 or maybe 2.178...voltage

Anyone got their shipping notice yet? :)

Edit: That was fast. I got the email my order is shipped.

Got the email just now that my firestix DDR2 PC2-8000 1gb x 2 shipped yesterday. This is my 2nd pair (order # 202).

Anyone PM if interested in purchasing for $245 + shipping. I was going to build a C2D machine but decided not to..

Got the email just now that my firestix DDR2 PC2-8000 1gb x 2 shipped yesterday. This is my 2nd pair (order # 202).

Anyone PM if interested in purchasing for $245 + shipping. I was going to build a C2D machine but decided not to..

I don't think anyone is going to pay premium for these now. DDR2 price is falling down fast and you can get better memory for less. :rolleyes:

Has anyone who received the backordered PC2-8000 confirmed that they are D9GKX???

Thanks

Before the PC2-8000 went out of stock, I spoke with both the sales and tech support personnel at Buffalo and they were more than willing to confirm that the ICs on the PC2-8000 modules were D9GKX. Now that they have stock again and are filling the backorders, all they will confirm is that the ICs are D9. They will not say if they are GKX, GMH or ???.

Before the PC2-8000 went out of stock, I spoke with both the sales and tech support personnel at Buffalo and they were more than willing to confirm that the ICs on the PC2-8000 modules were D9GKX. Now that they have stock again and are filling the backorders, all they will confirm is that the ICs are D9. They will not say if they are GKX, GMH or ???.

I also talked with them and the PC2-6400 is also confirmed to be D9 as well. No more details so I assume it's still D9GMH for 6400 and D9GKX for 8000.

Back