2 x 1GB Buffalo Firestix ddr2 800 RAM (D9GMH) - $199 @ newegg

Does it work if you put 999 quantity in cart and let it cut the # down to how many they actually have?

You add an item to your cart, modify quantity to 100, and you got it!

Roger that.
It's pretty interesting to know if you are split between two deals.
I wish I had jumped in the deal with the $20 promo code.
Next time, buy first, think later!

Roger that.
It's pretty interesting to know if you are split between two deals.
I wish I had jumped in the deal with the $20 promo code.
Next time, buy first, think later!

I hear that; Ive missed out on all the deals cause of thinking,lol. Agree, buy first think later

I have yet to see results from this kit. Anyone posted any results yet?

I have yet to see results from this kit. Anyone posted any results yet?

Read all the thread posts here and you will see a few results. Easy 500-550 MHz at looser timings and able to do 400 3-3-3-9 as well ;)

Just google for D9GMH results and you will get a picture.

Read all the thread posts here and you will see a few results. Easy 500-550 MHz at looser timings and able to do 400 3-3-3-9 as well ;)

Just wanted to post in here again. With mine, I was able to scale up really easily with loose timings. But with 3-3-3-9 @ 400, that was a bit lucky. A lot of people are able to see it, but not all. If you can do it, your sticks are pretty decent.

I just got a pair of ocz pc2-8800 that are d9gmh. The results are pretty similar to the firestix, but I wasn't able to get 3-3-3-9 with 2.3v at 400 with these.

would it work if I got 2GB of these firestix to go with my OCZ 8800? They are both the same D9 chip, so would it benefit the system to make them run the same together or can I not do that?

I suppose it'd be fine to do so. However, 4x1gb tends to be more difficult than 2x1gb. But if you did testing for instance on individual sticks, and found that one of the firestix is spectacular and same with ocz8800, then you could mix those.

Also, it may be beneficial if you synchronized the spd programming with spdtool. For instance, back up the old info on the sticks and then flash the other brand's over. Then, by all practical means, they're the same.

That said, I've found for some odd reason that the ocz8800's I have burn unbelieveably hot. I let it loop test5 for a few hours at 450 4-4-4-10 2.29v. I had a radiator top mounted that drafts air up along the ram, which was usually enough to keep it cool. But I guess with the case off (and thus no 120mm blowing on the ram), it got incredibly hot. I took the thermistor and measured 70'c. SHIT. Hope that no damage was done :(. Good thing ocz warranties them 2.4v (variance up to 2.52) with just the heatspreaders. And I had at least so-so airflow too. Took a spare 120 and rested them a bit further from the ram blowing down and testing again.

Oh, trust me. I know all about D9DQW, D9GMH, D9GKX, and obviously about OCing memory, I just wanted to know what this particular RAM.

Oh, trust me. I know all about D9DQW, D9GMH, D9GKX, and obviously about OCing memory, I just wanted to know what this particular RAM.

All d9gmh behavior will be similar as an average. That said however, there may be some selective modules that are hand picked after a second or third screening. However, usually the price reflects this quite clearly. So as of such, it's pretty fair to assume these are just typical modules, so the normal rules would apply.

And seeing the price of these firestix, being almost always at the lowest (even when they were $240, the competitors with gmh's were all $270+), you should be able to draw a picture. That said, mine were pretty impressive though.

As said, 400 3-3-3 may be possible with some extra voltage (2.2-2.4). With weaker timings, they should scale to around 550 or so.

All d9gmh behavior will be similar as an average. That said however, there may be some selective modules that are hand picked after a second or third screening. However, usually the price reflects this quite clearly. So as of such, it's pretty fair to assume these are just typical modules, so the normal rules would apply.

And seeing the price of these firestix, being almost always at the lowest (even when they were $240, the competitors with gmh's were all $270+), you should be able to draw a picture. That said, mine were pretty impressive though.

As said, 400 3-3-3 may be possible with some extra voltage (2.2-2.4). With weaker timings, they should scale to around 550 or so.

That's what I'm trying to say... I can guess that Buffalo do a bit less screening than others, which reflect the lower price. However, it's still the same IC so if manufacturing tolerances is right, it's very often possible to get good results. Basically, some will pay extra for the higher speed / tighter timings warranty for peace of mind but for those who save money and pick the FireStix, it's still a good choice.

As example, in my case, since my board cannot currently change multipliers till a BIOS update fix this (dunno when), I'm forced to run 1:1 and at the current speed, it's below DDR2-800 so I'm aiming for tighter timings then when i can change the multiplier, i'd run at the rated speed, still with tighter timings.

In case you didn't notice, Buffalo also sell Cas4 FireStix DDR2-800 for 50$ extra.

Yowsers. The PC-8000 2gb set is all the way up to $372 now! :eek:

Hmm, anybody want a deal? I'd sell mine for $360! :D

Back in stock, but are they still D9's :confused: It would suck if this batch was completely different.

FWIW, I spoke with Buffalo they are still using Micron D9GMH on the 6400's. Although the modules are made in Japan, they put the heat spreaders on in Texas so the folks there know what ICs are being used.

Mine are at 960mhz 1:1 4-4-4-12 @ 2.2v

1000mhz keeps failing to load windows, I'm sure if I bumped voltage to 2.3v it'd be fine, but the difference seems too small to tell.

Great sticks for the price :)

your just as well off getting the 800's and running them at 1t same bandwidth at 1000-1100 at 2t. for those of you who cannot unlink thier fsb then i can see it but all you 680i guys out there finding this disappointing after they test it. i did. 800 at 1t is real nice for $189 so no worries but still disappointing i think for all the hubub. unless you can't unlink the fsb than i can see the higher frquency having a use to get the cpu up there

D9 = The overclocker's best friend. If I had some cash put together a C2D system, I would be all over this deal.

I might buy a kit from the egg. Is there any reason why they wouldn't be D9? New manufacturing processes rumored?

As I posted earlier, I called Buffalo and confirmed that the Firestix PC2-6400 FSX800D2C are still D9GMH. The FSX800D2B and FSX1000D2C are D9GKX.

Is it just me or on average do these sticks underperform most other D9GMH's? It seems like Buffalo is buying the cheapest (worst performing) D9GMH's Micron makes... The ones they really can't sell to anyone else.

Of course the price, the 1t thing, and the fact that some times you get luck and can still hit 1100+ without going totally overboard on your voltage still kicks complete ass. However, it still just seems like overall they underperform other D9GMH's, which does suck despite how much the price makes up for it.... And relative to other RAM for the same price there is still no comparison. I am just curious exactly why, on average, the peformance doesn't seem quite up to par with most other D9's.

Regardless, I have some Firestix and some of 4-4-3-5 6400 G.skill ProMos based RAM (below) on the way. I am curious just how they will compare in OC'ing and in the whole 1t at ~800-850 vs. 2t at the 1100+ I should be hitting on the G.skills. I will let everyone know how things work out next week.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16820231114

Is it just me or on average do these sticks underperform most other D9GMH's? It seems like Buffalo is buying the cheapest (worst performing) D9GMH's Micron makes... The ones they really can't sell to anyone else.

Of course the price, the 1t thing, and the fact that some times you get luck and can still hit 1100+ without going totally overboard on your voltage still kicks complete ass. However, it still just seems like overall they underperform other D9GMH's, which does suck despite how much the price makes up for it.... And relative to other RAM for the same price there is still no comparison. I am just curious exactly why, on average, the peformance doesn't seem quite up to par with most other D9's.

Regardless, I have some Firestix and some of 4-4-3-5 6400 G.skill ProMos based RAM (below) on the way. I am curious just how they will compare in OC'ing and in the whole 1t at ~800-850 vs. 2t at the 1100+ I should be hitting on the G.skills. I will let everyone know how things work out next week.

well that's the theory a lot of people are coming up with.

but my firestix didn't do too poorly. 400 3-3-3 with 2.2v and hit 550 5-5-5 2.3v. might even be better than my ocz 8800's

EXCELLENT! I was wondering how those two compared myself. I'll be looking forward to your report.

There were 24 left when I ordered a kit a couple minutes ago. This stuff better be D9 still or else I'll be a sad panda.

Cool! :D

Waiting for a buddy to come over cause he wants to help me put computer together since I ordered a new mobo, ram, cpu, hdd, and dvd-rw 20x.

I have my Firestix and my G.Skills in now.

I am hoping to have time to compare them on two different PC's this weekend a/o early next week. Once I have some numbers I will post them here and in the OC and memory forums. :)

Also I am about to update my sig to reflect the new hardware I am using. The sweet FX-60 system I was using is now busy powering my wifes gaming experience as a level 71 Beastlord in EQ.

Back