2 x 1GB Buffalo Firestix ddr2 800 RAM (D9GMH) - $199 @ newegg

:( :( Just got this today it makes me wanna cry :p

"I am sorry to inform you that your FireStix order did not ship out yesterday. I will keep you informed as to when you can expect to receive your order.

Thank you for your patience,

Robyn Goddard
Marketing Coordinator
Buffalo Technology
(512) 349-1311"

My order is #29x another 2 weeks i guess

I haven't seen the market for lately so maybe you guys could help.

If i was planning to either get pc2-6400/pc2-8000 2x1GB kits of D9 memory modules for my build this summer, would it be worth it to wait or get these hot ktis while they're under 200 ?

If i recall correctly, memory prices seem to fluctuate pretty weirdly, sometimes being extremely expensive and then dipping down low.

buy or wait ?

I haven't seen the market for lately so maybe you guys could help.

If i was planning to either get pc2-6400/pc2-8000 2x1GB kits of D9 memory modules for my build this summer, would it be worth it to wait or get these hot ktis while they're under 200 ?

If i recall correctly, memory prices seem to fluctuate pretty weirdly, sometimes being extremely expensive and then dipping down low.

buy or wait ?

As far as I can tell you, the reason of falling due to Vista coming out that supported 4GB so you should see more 2x2GB Kit coming soon. If you can get good 2x1GB Kit at low cost then buy it and use it since 2x2GB Kit are very expensive and you're not going to use full 4GB memory now, 2GB memory is more than enough for applications or games today

Buy man, especially with the prices of lets say the OCZ PC2 8800 memory at the egg for $224 (when they are in the upper $300's now at dell and amazon). I understand the fluctuation market, but that big of a price drop is too good to let slip by.

I read something somewhere lately that memory prices are expected to rise later this year when Vista becomes more popular, supply and demand.

ACK! Not in stock yet. Newegg, I will disown you if you do not get this RAM in today. I NEEED it... :D

I read something somewhere lately that memory prices are expected to rise later this year when Vista becomes more popular, supply and demand.

Yeah, that's my feeling as well so I guess now is the right time to get it before it get back up, especially with the incoming Intel price cuts and Vista popularity increase.

Argh. I chatted with someone on newegg support, apparently it will be 2-3 weeks. Wtf. Their ETA system sucks.

Argh. I chatted with someone on newegg support, apparently it will be 2-3 weeks. Wtf. Their ETA system sucks.

Damn! So what's the next best thing? I don't feeling like having a fancy new E6400 sitting around collecting dust for 3 weeks. :(

I think the previous ETA was for those who already ordered it. The latest shipment probably all went to fulfill standing orders. Even Buffalo Tech stated the same delay and that the 3/01 ETA was only for fulfilling those who already ordered 1-2 weeks ago.

Yea, I'm in the same shit now. I'm not going to waste my money on some crappy RAM, so I went ahead and ordered off backorder. :mad:

Hopefully they will come in before the 19th, otherwise I am screwed with the mod I want to do...

I want to know if the general consensus of people who buy ram think that this ram is better or just as good as the OCZ ram that is also on sale at newegg? It is also a hot topic in the [H]ot deals forum and for those who dont want to wait 3 weeks for the restock, it seems that this memory is a great runner-up if not the clear choice. Check the thread out.

The OCZ deal is also good if you can make sure it's using the same D9GMH as the FireStix so go ahead if you don't want to wait 1-2 weeks.

For my case, I got a call from Fedex telling me to prepare the exact amount to pay tax on the package and they asked me to bring the money for the order amount of 1841.45$ :eek: I told Fedex to contact Buffalo and ask for a corrected invoice since it's a stupid typo. I'm in Canada for those who are wondering why...

yeah, I hit up that OCZ Gold deal since I don't want my Core2 sitting around collecting dust. The shipping was free too.

good news for me : They shipped 2 packages by accident. When they realized the invoice price mistake, they thought they cancelled the shipment, corrected it and redid it but both got out due to miscommunication. One with the error will be returned and the other will be coming here.

bad news : I paid overnight but since we are getting a bad snowstorm currently, it got delayed to next monday :( At least I had some cheap memory stuff to tide me over during the weekend.

I won't cry since I'm still lucky to get it when some guys got a "1-2 extra week wait" notice.

decided to jump on these opposed to the OCZ's.
Regular newegg price at 245~, compared to buffalo's own store at 195 shipped w/ 2day (when it ships..), decided to go with the firestix w/ $50 savings.

good stuff OP :cool:

Back in stock, about 54 kits at the time of this post. PROMO CODE NO LONGER WORKS!!!

Sweetness, got my pair. Was debating between normal Corsair PC2 5300 and this...$50 difference, but I went with this.
Now time to get an OCable motherboard.

OK, I ordered my pair. Now I need to buy a C2D, Mobo and I am all set. I hope these are still D9GMH under the heat spreader.

Now do I wait until April for the C2Ds to come down in price or do I jump on the 4300 and OC the hell out of it?!?!?!?

it's crazy fast these stix sold at newegg.

I saw them Back in stock around 1PM with over 20+ kits

after 15 min. - 17left
at 2pm - 10 left
at this moment 2:45pm - 3 left.

by the time I finish this post should be OOS again.

good thing I got mine when it they still have 17 left.

OMG they were just in-stock on Newegg, but I didn't pull the trigger. I'll never see that RAM at that price before my 4/22 Q6600 build.:(

So to people with them (I have mine, but DS3 and 8800gts come Monday), are these sticks doing good with 1:1 500fsb; 2.1v? That's what I plan at running my e6300 at, 500x6 for 3ghz. I would push it to 3.5, but I don't have the cooling and I doubt my stepping is that good :)

-disco

So to people with them (I have mine, but DS3 and 8800gts come Monday), are these sticks doing good with 1:1 500fsb; 2.1v? That's what I plan at running my e6300 at, 500x6 for 3ghz. I would push it to 3.5, but I don't have the cooling and I doubt my stepping is that good :)

-disco

mine needed 2.2v for 500 4-4-4

dammit; missed out again. I was supposed to get of work early but ended up having to work late. Oh well one day,LOL.

What the f***? I talked to a Newegg support rep earlier today and they said they would not be in stock for another two weeks. Great job Newegg, I really appreciate it. :mad:

I have decided to say screw newegg, and ordered the OCZ kit with D9s instead...

it's crazy fast these stix sold at newegg.

I saw them Back in stock around 1PM with over 20+ kits

after 15 min. - 17left
at 2pm - 10 left
at this moment 2:45pm - 3 left.

by the time I finish this post should be OOS again.

good thing I got mine when it they still have 17 left.

I am curious how you check newegg's inventory. Their site only tells me if the item is in stock, not how many are left.

Back