2 x 1GB Buffalo Firestix ddr2 800 RAM (D9GMH) - $199 @ newegg

InCogneato

[H]ard|Gawd
Buffalo Firestix 2 x 1GB PC2 6400 for *$189! :eek: (price went down since OP)*

These are D9GMH. The performance is stunning for $189. These easily hit past 1000mhz and customer support with Buffalo is amazing too might I add.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16820150054

edit: also the PC2 8000 *were* available on their own site for (right now) $205 + shipping and tax, these are likely D9GKX

http://www.shopatbuffalotech.com/cart/product.php?productid=16422&cat=0&page=1

the price on their site seems to be fluctuating (i got mine for $189 but now its back up to $205)

they also *had* PC2 8500 for $96! 1GB kit (512MB x 2) or 1GB stick!

http://www.shopatbuffalotech.com/cart/product.php?productid=16424&cat=0&page=1

ALL the above DEALS ARE NOW DEAD But you can still get 2 x 512MB PC2 6400 for $99, which is not bad at all for D9GMH (if they are)!
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16820150053

***EDIT:

2 x 1GB DDR2 800 deal is back
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16820150054
and http://www.shopatbuffalotech.com/cart/product.php?productid=16434&cat=0&page=1

This is AWESOME ram, incase anyone is wondering.

Buffalo makes top notch stuff.

These are D9GMH people...

I've read conflicting stories on the D9 on this ram ( more stating the D9 contents). How are you absolutely positive it is all D9GMH?

If 100% confirmed D9, this has to be the lowest price available, combined w/ the paypal $15 rebate = $185 :cool:

Thanks InCogneato for the heads up!

I've read conflicting stories on the D9 on this ram ( more stating the D9 contents). How are you absolutely positive it is all D9GMH?

If 100% confirmed D9, this has to be the lowest price available, combined w/ the paypal $15 rebate = $185 :cool:

Thanks InCogneato for the heads up!

Someone called buffalo and they said it was not D9 if i am not mistaken.
i wont get into it, but these are 99.99% d9gmh

i do reserve the right to be wrong however. good luck to all who pull the trigger

FWIW, I ran across this post at Xtremesystems from 1/23/07 :

memoryman said:
...where did you get the info that our FSX800D2C-xxx was not Micron D9 anymore?
We haven't changed the chips on that part from Micron to anything else.

Buffalo Technology USA

i wont get into it, but these are 99.99% d9gmh

i do reserve the right to be wrong however. good luck to all who pull the trigger

$185 using the Paypal $15 rebate is just too good to pass up.

Just pullled the trigger.

Thanks InCogneato! :cool:

*Edit - Aggreed - note the below post, as there was no official confirmation of who the poster was and later in the thread another user confirms Elpida from a purchase in November from Microcenter.

Customer Service will be open in the morning and I plan to give them a call.

yeah i saw that that was his only post and was suspicious. He wasnt associated at all in terms of his name officially...just some guy

Do you guys think this will last through Friday.
Are you familiar with "the egg" sales because I just
pulled trigger 5 days in a row lol. Even though I have plenty in the bank account
I would like to take a 1 day pull trigger rest before this becomes a two week tech buying frenzy lol. damn you all

pulled trigger 5 days in a row lol. Even though I have plenty in the bank account
I would like to take a 1 day pull trigger rest before this becomes a two week tech buying frenzy lol. damn you all

Haha, no kidding.

I didn't think it would last through checkout. :p With the prices fluxing the way they are, who knows, it could go lower and then again, it could jump back up $40.
Actually when I first clicked the link and added to my cart, I could have sworn it had free ship. :confused:

personally i think it will go out of stock
---

and no it didnt have free shipping, i even searched for coupons for that haha

I can't believe I pulled it on this one, but after reading the reviews, theres no way I could pass it up.

This sort of RAM is exactly what i've been looking for to OC the crap out a C2D 6600 when they come down to 250 or so in a couple of months, and I don't want to risk fluxing RAM prices.

Yah, its a risk for me, but I really dont see 200 bucks that big of a drawback.

Thanks OP

edit - http://www.virtual-hideout.net/reviews/Buffalo_FireStix_PC26400/index2.shtml <- seems like they like them. If I don't get D9's i'll be upset.

The mystery poster on the Xtremesystems forums is a real Buffalo Tech rep. I was the one who made him aware of the conflicting reports on Firestix in various forums.

After reading a few of the posts stating firestix were no longer D9 IC's I sent them an email and got a reply asking for where I had read they were no longer using D9 RAM for their firestix line.

BTW, his reply was that they are using D9's on the firestix and there was a batch of previously released RAM that had Promos chips but were actually spec'd faster than the D9 stuff.

EDIT - This is a great price on this RAM. Hot actually.

The mystery poster on the Xtremesystems forums is a real Buffalo Tech rep. I was the one who made him aware of the conflicting reports on Firestix in various forums.

After reading a few of the posts stating firestix were no longer D9 IC's I sent them an email and got a reply asking for where I had read they were no longer using D9 RAM for their firestix line.

BTW, his reply was that they are using D9's on the firestix and there was a batch of previously released RAM that had Promos chips but were actually spec'd faster than the D9 stuff.

:cool:

Thanks for the clairification!

ehh, if you go to their site, you can get their PC2-8000 firestix for only $5.90 more. Not sure about the shipping they will charge though, but for only $205.90 seems just sick if their also D9's. I might pull the trigger on that. ^^

ehh, if you go to their site, you can get their PC2-8000 firestix for only $5.90 more. Not sure about the shipping they will charge though, but for only $205.90 seems just sick if their also D9's. I might pull the trigger on that. ^^
If they aren't D9's, are the 800s a better deal?

where? can you provide us with the link, I'll be all over FireStix PC2-8000 for $205.90 (Burning Hot! deal if you ask me)

Just pulled the trigger on those Pc2-8000's 2gb kit for $212 shipped. Props go to op for guiding me to newegg, then me to buffalo's site ^^. These might sell very quickly, so peeps get your hands on them fast lol.

Alrighty. Cancelling my oos OCZ order and buying the pc8500 set instead. Thanks for the info! :cool:

I'm on it :) PC2-8000 for around $230 shipped tax included HOT! especially D9GKX chips too!

woo! I beat you guys ordering so hopefully I get em 1st :cool:

i chose overnight shipping for an extra $4 s hopefully they'll be here Friday/Saturday. Was going to go with Priority overnight and actually had selected it but they changed it to "standard" overnight...don't know the difference but if it delays it I'm going to be mad :eek:

Crazy hot deal on the PC8000 stuff from Buffalo directly!

In for 2GB at $212 shipped, thanks OP for the post and then Rincheese and Lupine for the even more amazing deal!

The 8000's run at low volts, so lots of headroom. Every review i read so far shown that the motherboard and/or cpu are limiting these things. Damnit makes me want to dish out more money on a good motherboard and great cooling................

Sick

Order, cancel, order, cancel...seriously when is it going to stop?

There wont be a better deal on ram......will there? .....well at least not for the next 24 hours.....:p

My only *concern* is that these reviews are all relatively old. No guarantee that they're running the same modules is there?

Wow, I don't even have a DDR2 setup, but I'm so tempted to pull on the PC2-8000. That would make life so much easier when I get around to picking up the other parts for a budget overclock.

My only *concern* is that these reviews are all relatively old. No guarantee that they're running the same modules is there?

if you are talking about PC2-8000 then please take a closer look at the date of review, Feb. 7, 2007 :) only one week old! 99% sure they are D9GKX, 1% is to wait and pop the heatsink and double check for sure when you got it !

According to this http://ramlist.ath.cx/ddr2/
Seems like alot of Buffalo's memory uses D9's why would they skimp out now? Also in a previous thread the rep from the other forums stated Firestix to all use some type of D9 micron chip.

if you are talking about PC2-8000 then please take a closer look at the date of review, Feb. 7, 2007 :) only one week old! 99&#37; sure they are D9GKX, 1% is to wait and pop the heatsink and double check for sure when you got it !
Pretty late here so I may be losing my mind, but the two PC8000 reviews I see linked are include Virtual Hideout's review (9/1/06) and PCStats' review (5/16/06). :confused:

Doesn't really matter since I already ordered a pair, but I'd sure like to see this review to which you're referring.

EDIT:

According to this http://ramlist.ath.cx/ddr2/
Seems like alot of Buffalo's memory uses D9's why would they skimp out now? Also in a previous thread the rep from the other forums stated Firestix to all use some type of D9 micron chip.

Thanks Rincheese! :cool:

Back