2 x 1GB Buffalo Firestix ddr2 800 RAM (D9GMH) - $199 @ newegg

got mine today...

anyone else? I don't have any experience with taking heat spreaders off to check, so i don't want to screw up my ram

got mine today...

anyone else? I don't have any experience with taking heat spreaders off to check, so i don't want to screw up my ram

which ones? the ddr2 6400? someone tell him how to take em off!

i posted this in the for sale forum too, but i am selling my 2 gb firestix DDR2 1000 for $240 + shipping. Brand new, in fact haven't received them yet (should tomorrow)

PM me if interested

got mine today...

im not gona take my heat spreaders off cuz i duno what effect that will have on the quality of heat transfer and ive never done it before, i am also positive they are D9GKX. i got my PC2 8000 yesterday, and am still waiting for my PC2 8500 :( hopefully they come soon because they were on backorder.

if anyone receives memory that was "backordered" please let us know so that we may get excited and anxious!!!:)

I picked up the 2GB (2 x 1GB) 240-Pin DDR2 SDRAM DDR2 800 (PC2 6400) set from newegg... unfortunately the pc8000 deal wasn't yet posted =./

$169.99 now with promo code EMC220BUFFLO (+ $4.99 shipping)

that's for the PC2 6400.....

$169.99 now with promo code EMC220BUFFLO (+ $4.99 shipping)

that's for the PC2 6400.....

has anyone confirmed what chips thease are using? They are D9's arent they? Might have to jump on this deal. lol and then next month they will probably be cheaper still

buffalo600bv9.jpg

got mine yesterday,
Asus P5N-E SLI
Buffalo 2GB kit PC8000
2.35v

I was gonna jump on the super talent 2gb for 125 deal, but for 50 bucks more...gotta go with the buffalo. Good memory really makes a difference. Thanks for the code cburzaki!

Just got my 2 sticks of 6400 from newegg and they are indeed D9 !

in my system right now and perfectly stable.

These were shipped from memphis

ugh....

and I thought I was getting a good deal on pc-6400 at 200 bucks...

I think I would almost be better to return them, take the 15% restock fee and reorder!!!

FedEx just dropped off my set a few minutes ago! :D

Man I hope FedEx is on schedule and I get the mobo tomorrow. The waiting burnz! :(

This is the greatest memory I have ever seen. jhartono0002 thanks for letting us know about the 5-5-5-8 timing it works great.

Wow, this deal is really too good to pass up, so I bit! Is it true though that these sticks die easily when overclocked? I plan to run mine at 500 FSB 1:1, will it explode?

Whats the point of running your memory faster than your FSB?

I assume you are implying that there can be no performance benefit by running the memory frequency faster than the FSB frequency.

Memory latencies (CAS, Tras, etc.) are in terms of clock cycles, so increasing the frequency will decrease the real-time latencies in the memory. Since it takes X clock cycles to precharge the row, change the row being read/written, etc, the faster those cycles go by, the faster the memory can get to do actual work. Memory latencies eat a lot of clock cycles. Link to Wiki.

I plan to run mine at 500 FSB 1:1, will it explode?

Yes! It could easily produce a nuclear explosion and take out a small house cat or something! You have been warned.

Hey guys anyone who was backordered got it yet?If so what was your order number?:rolleyes: this waiting is killing me

if only they shipped to Canada :/

not newegg but if you order directly from Buffalo, they can ship to Canada. I will get mine today or tomorrow. Too bad you won't be able to get the 20$ coupon directly :(

I wonder if all these coupons and rebate deals are getting people to buy right now when in the future they could possible be much cheaper?

Just got mine today. Ordered on Monday, AFTER this deal had come back from the dead, so its neweggs second shipment of these. Just tested 500mhz @5-5-5-15 and it worked perfectly. 450 4-4-4-12 was not possible however. This is all at 2.1v.

Still D9 people. Get on this!

Just got mine today. Ordered on Monday, AFTER this deal had come back from the dead, so its neweggs second shipment of these. Just tested 500mhz @5-5-5-15 and it worked perfectly. 450 4-4-4-12 was not possible however. This is all at 2.1v.

Still D9 people. Get on this!

hmm d9gmh's should be able to handle both 450 and 500 at 4-4-4-12. may require 2.2-2.3v though, but shouldn't require more.

Mine deff cant. 4-4-4-10 errors out within 15sec in memtest. 5-5-5-15, while the timings suck, is stable up to 520fsb at the moment though! Love this ram. Ill tell you what its max is when i find it.

The D9GMH buffalo i got from newegg just the other day can do 4-4-4-12 at 450 at 2.1V no problem. I can also do 5-5-5-15 at 500mhz at 2.1V. I'm glad I didn't get the gkx as there have been mixed results; people at xtreme have indicated that gkx's don't like high voltage too much.

damm those things look sweet. anyone wanna trade with me for my naked teamgroups? lol. ;p

I might be the luckiest man in the world (although out of ram).

We have recently received the RMA you have sent back to us for replacement. This email is to inform you that your item is currently out of stock or has since been discontinued. Because we cannot guarantee when this item will be available, and you are within our 30-day refund time period, a full refund will be credited to your account.

I'm definitely not within the 30 day period?! But if full refund means $240, and it comes back in stock at 185 again, then :) :) :)

edit: whoo money is back. it's a shame eta is 3/02. wonder if they'd even have enough to settle all the backorders

running 4-4-4-10 2.1V 450mhz, friggen sweet!! E6300 @ 3.15ghz.
Could probably push it more but I'm satisfied for now, get this RAM if you can!

wich one did you get PC2 6400 or PC2 8000? :eek: At bufalo site PC2 8000 now going going for $310 :eek: im so glad im waiting for mine backordered at $212 shiped :cool:

Back