2 x 1GB Buffalo Firestix ddr2 800 RAM (D9GMH) - $199 @ newegg

Bringing back a thread from the dead FTW! :) j/k These have seemed to be OOS @ the BTS for the longest time, and even a couple weeks back the entire store was dead - I guess maybe they were doing some inventory updates or something.

...Decent (non-rebate!) price, assuming they're still Micron ICs in them that is. Oh well, I've got a 2x1GB pc6400 Ballistix set on it's way from Newegg's TN warehouse (3 day is 3 day, I've just never had a shipment NOT come from their CA warehouses). [edit] Well, maybe not...My current OCZ Value sticks may have come from their NJ warehouse if my memory is correct...Not sure - sorry for the OT ;).

ps 1024th - I'm a [H]ard|Gawd now. Woopeeee :p

When the deal was originally posted Firestix were the best priced memory that used Micron, now there are several cheaper choices. I don't see this being a hot deal anymore.

I have a set of these, but man, what a necro post :p .

If i were to buy a kit now though, you definitely could get a pair of ballistix for cheaper than that 90~ price for the firestix

yeah tell me about it.

i've got 2 of these sets which i thought i might need and couldn't pass up the deal.

turns out i don't need them. i never even opened them and feel too guilty about selling them as id be losing so much money.

just hoping in vain for memory prices to go up so i can recoup some money. doesn't look good though

yeah tell me about it.

i've got 2 of these sets which i thought i might need and couldn't pass up the deal.

turns out i don't need them. i never even opened them and feel too guilty about selling them as id be losing so much money.

just hoping in vain for memory prices to go up so i can recoup some money. doesn't look good though

Agreed, I have a NIB set I'm trying to sell. I have no real hope to get a good price with the stupid prices plummeting too much at the wrong time :( Great for buying some ram tho.

Mine is FS in http://www.hardforum.com/showthread.php?t=1225782 in case anyone want 2 more sticks for 4 Gb :) (sorry for the blatant plug).

Just one guy's experience but I am having to RMA my sticks to Buffalo Tech. Memtest86 errors all over the place. :(

Just one guy's experience but I am having to RMA my sticks to Buffalo Tech. Memtest86 errors all over the place. :(

Did you increase the ram voltage in bios? I had the same experience, but increased to .3 volts for overclocking purposes it gives me no errors as it did before if I leave it at stock voltage.

Good idea. Some ram types need the increased voltage. Sometimes they won't even run on the standard voltage which is why some mobos have a problem with them.

I have firestix in mine and upped the voltage with no problems.

Back