2 x 1GB Buffalo Firestix ddr2 800 RAM (D9GMH) - $199 @ newegg

I just called and they told me order for the pc2-8000 will ship out today.. order #131. paid $212 shipped .. they wouldn't price match it to the$189 price.

i thought what the heck 4 gb would be good so just placed online order for 2 of the 1gb pc2-8000 stix. total price $195.20.

so 4 gb firestix pc2-8000 for $407.20 . lot of money. now hope to receive the Bad Axe 2 from microcenter, find a deal on an e6600 and then overclock the hell out of it.
same here, got my badaxe2 and the ram (hopefully), waiting for an e6600 deal. 4gb huh? u gona use 64 bit vista? i want 4gb ram so bad but the issues with 64bit xp and vista sound real bad

FWIW, I spoke with tech support. The 1GB single module is the same D9GKX as the those in the 2GB kit. In addition, they are tested in the same way. No difference what so ever, except packaging.

Still, when you buy a kit don't they specifically test those two pieces together?

Order #127 here, $212.

#156 here, costing about $230 with TX sales tax and standard overnight fedex delivery. I certainly hope the ship...

I've never really used Fedex for shipping, will they require a signature for this since it's over $200? Normally Fedex and UPS leave the packages with my appartment complex office, I really hope they do the same with this.

oh crap.. i just assumed that 32-bit Vista would support 4 gb.

Maybe i'll just wait for RAM prices to go back up and sell the extra 2gb for a profit.

just got a phone call from a nice girl from buffalotech..

they are overwhelmed with orders and are out of stock of pc2-8000 1gb modules. they expect more in next 7-10 days and was checking if i still wanted my order.

of course i want it.. too good of a deal. will try to sell them later

this is for order #202. i assume i will be shipped my order #131 (2gb kit) as i was told earlier it would ship

Lol, I saw the original (newegg) deal right before I went to sleep, so I grabbed it. Woke up and read this thread earlier today before going to work and went "DOH! 8000 for $5 more". Oh well, now I need a mobo / cpu.... got my RAM, PSU, Case and HD.:)

Haha, I just got a call from Buffalo Technologies. Apparently they sold 3 weeks worth of stock in aproximately 2 hours. Good going everyone! Anyways, my order for 4GB is on back order. I'm not too concerned about it as I'm using them in a project that's a good 3 - 4 weeks away. Hopefully they will have more by then...

just found out my order #169 is good to go (i believe they were sent out today), so anyone below this good to go too!:D

Anyone get a tracking number? I haven't received anything since the first order confirmation number.

order < #127 :>

No tracking number. Ordered with overnight shipping too.
Hopefully they'll be here tomm.

Bought some Buffalo Firestix 2 x 1GB PC2 6400 yesterday. Any advice on a Mobo to pair these with? Looking to piece together a nice PC. Need Mobo/Proc advice. Thanks!

Bought some Buffalo Firestix 2 x 1GB PC2 6400 yesterday. Any advice on a Mobo to pair these with? Looking to piece together a nice PC. Need Mobo/Proc advice. Thanks!

Do you have a budget in mind?

Do you plan to use a single video card or sli / crossfire?

They're down to $189 now at newegg still with free shipping. Depending on sales tax and s&h, it might be a better deal than getting them directly from the buffalo site. This is the pc2-6400 btw.

Omg im so tempted for this RAM anyone know whats the waiting time since they are out of stock :rolleyes:

Haha after much looking i ended ordering from the bufallo website i got the pc8000 for $212 only problem is im order #29x :( i hope i can get it

how we do know if they've shipped? people had mentioned they were supposed to ship yesterday but I got no email or notification. Didn't receive a call either from any rep. My order number is in the 120s so I knew they had some instock when I ordered but nothing yet. Only the you created an account and we have processed your order email.

I just called the sales department and was informed that my shipment (#156, 2 gigs of the PC-8000) did ship out yesterday. I didn't ask for a tracking number, so I'm not sure if they even have them or not. In any event, I guess that at the very least any order with a order number less than 156 did get shipped out last night.

^^^
Thanks. I too called them up right now and he said the same thing. It's shipped and I asked him for the shipping number and BAM:
Feb 16, 2007 8:03 AM

On FedEx vehicle for delivery
I chose overnight because it was $5 more. Can't wait to test it out! Yippie!

Thanks to whoever posted the link and information yesterday. I ordered before I realized that 1 stick was $86.xx so two would have been cheaper but oh well. I guess it was a semi price mistake as they've changed it now and both are now 205.xx

Yup, got my tracking number too and it's on the truck for delivery as of 7 this morning.

I'd also like to thank the OP and others, this deal rocks and is exactly what I've been looking for. Thanks!

THESE GUYS ROCK

img0424iq5.jpg

Good deal for all those that got in on it, they are still showing backordered on their site and they have now raised the price to $280.00 for the 2gb set.

I got standard overnight, but that was before I realized they are located in Austin, while I'm in Dallas. I bet I could have done standard ground and still got it next day.

i got ground shipping, wow the packaging looks awesome! i hope someone checks if they are d9gkx soon LOL imagine they are not! everyones gona go BALLISTIX (lol had to do that (but the price is still amazing for ANY d9's))

LOOKS LIKE ALL THE PRICES ON THEIR WEBSITE HAVE BEEN RAISED!!!

I got myself 2 x 512MB PC2 8500 DDR21066 kit for $96 right before they did!!!!!

Buffalo is an amazing company, have I mentioned this? WOOHOO EVERYONE! Thanks to all.

I will update the OP to reflect this.

I got the newegg d9GMH instead. The general opinion at extreme is that d9gkx works best at ow voltage while gmh at higher voltage. That might imply that the gmh can be pushed further. In the end it all depends on how they bin these anyway.

I was gonna get the gkx last night but they posted the message that these might be out of stock. I don't know but I have always relied on the performance of the d9gmh.

Can someone please confirm that the ones at buffalo are gkx?

Back