Your Laptop Picture [H]ere (read first post for rules please)

Does Windows 7 perform well on a ChromeBook? What's it like in comparison with ChromeOS, i.e. speed, battery life, usability?

I only used Chrome OS for a couple of days...It was ok. Videos kinda lagged..Windows 7 runs good. Battery life I dont know, dont use it often.

resizedimage13184038957.jpg

New toy, retired Toughbook CF-73 semi-rugged laptop

1.8ghz P-M
1.5gb
30gb drive (ordered a 160gb)
DVD/CDRW
ABGN wifi

Paid $70 for the hard drive caddy otherwise the laptop was free, not a bad little machine for work purposes, not as tough as my CF-29 but much more rugged than 90% of laptop's I've handled. Can't seen to get the touchscreen working, I suspect a driver issue.

IMG_4004.JPG

IMG_4005.JPG

You guy's gotta be envious of this beast:

lte_5300.jpg

Compaq LTE 5300, 133MHz Pentium, 32MB, 2x 2GB hard drives in pretty much mint condition. Also got a LTE 5400 which has 150MHz and 48MB and 1 hard drive.

i used to have one of those ran slackware on it brings back memories

Got this yesterday. Company-issued Lenovo T520 w/ a 2720QM.

T520.jpeg

My company just switched to these sweet ass thinkpads too. But my laptop isn't ready for an upgrade yet. I'm still using a lame elitebook. :(

I have an X220 at home, so I know what I'm missing at work.

Anyway, grats!

My new Acer Iconia Tab W500.

imageumnv.jpg

This tablet is surprisingly slick with Windows 8. The keyboard dock it comes with, however, is absolutely abysmal.

I haven't had any great need for a laptop since I graduated from college, but I decided to pick up a 'new' toy this week, a VAIO X notebook. I bought it sight-unseen and you really don't fully grasp how thin it is until you hold it.

what money I am a poor dude, living my my parents house. computer stuff is just easy to collect

Why have just 1:D
I concur. ;D

imagemlye.jpg

Just kidding, that second Z1 is my dad's work laptop. I actually hate having more than 1 computer cuz it's a huge hassle keeping them all up to date and in sync. :( Want to sell my Z1, returning that W500.

One of the things I hate the most of my otherwise wonderful SA... no DisplayPort.

Otherwise, it's about the most powerful, feature packed, 13" laptop in existance today.
dsc1221w.jpg

It's not as thin, but hey.... I think it's nice :D
dsc1222uf.jpg

I'm considering a MBP13 if they add a better GPU of any sort (preferably AMD, since a LOT of my work is there, now), or an Ivy Bridge 13" Vaio if it has DisplayPort (and Sony should, since they would have, in theory, upcomming 4k displays that would basically need DP, since HDMI is poorly implemented in all GPUs of today :D).

I was switching them out I like 1080p screens.

its so I can have a 25m raid in WOW, it just goes to show you don't need friends in MMO's

Dell Latitude e6400 - Best transparent display job EVAR.
IMG_20120216_155908.jpg

I'm attempting to rescue/upgrade this bad boy.

Also have a Vintage IBM T30
IMG_20120219_121354.jpg

And my trusty BOINC lappy "Toshi" who has also escaped the camera eye for the time being. It's riddled with stickers and the display is crapping out, but it's a workhorse!

Last edited:
IMG_21641.jpg

HP DV5-1002NR... dual boot Windows 7 - Linux Mint
AMD Turion X2 Dual core RM-70 2.0GHz
3GB RAM / Radeon HD 3200 with 1.5GB RAM

Runs good as old as it is.. shocking even better than the Lenovo T500 at work.

HP DV5-1002NR... dual boot Windows 7 - Linux Mint
AMD Turion X2 Dual core RM-70 2.0GHz
3GB RAM / Radeon HD 3200 with 1.5GB RAM

Runs good as old as it is.. shocking even better than the Lenovo T500 at work.
Yay for rocking old hardware! My 6yr old laptop is still running strong and looks brand new...hell, gets 4hrs of battery life, even.

Yay for rocking old hardware! My 6yr old laptop is still running strong and looks brand new...hell, gets 4hrs of battery life, even.

I think it's around 4 years old now. Sister bought in 2008 and now that she's gone my parents are letting me use it. I helped her pick it and maintain over the years at least. Battery life was dismal to start out with probably only get 1.5 hours. Doesn't matter as it's plugged in most of the time. I'm debating on upgrading the ram up to 4 or 8 GB and installing Win 7 64 bit.. not sure if I'll see enough improvement for it to be worth it. It is almost amusing that my wife's laptop is a couple years newer and the only difference in the processor is a bit faster.

w7 should run fine on it, runs fine on the aforementioned laptop with a 2ghz c2d, 4gb ram (limited to ~3.3 because lolbios) and a 500gb HDD.

Just got this a few days ago, haven't had time to change the background picture yet :)

xmpjic.jpg

HP DV6000
CPU- AMD Turion X2 TL62 @ 2.1Ghz (upgraded from TL56)
RAM- DDR2 1GBx2
GPU- 8400M (upgraded from 7200)
HDD- 160GB 5400RPM
DISPLAY- 1280x800 60Hz

Current state:
262p1zp.jpg

Toshiba Satellite A665-3DV6
CPU- i5-460M
RAM- DDR3 2GBx2
GPU- GTS 350m
HDD- 640GB 5400RPM
DISPLAY- 1366x768 120Hz (3D)

(I'll update with a pic when I get one.)

Dell Latitude e6400 - Best transparent display job EVAR.
IMG_20120216_155908.jpg

I'm attempting to rescue/upgrade this bad boy.

Also have a Vintage IBM T30
IMG_20120219_121354.jpg

And my trusty BOINC lappy "Toshi" who has also escaped the camera eye for the time being. It's riddled with stickers and the display is crapping out, but it's a workhorse!

what's wrong with the 6400 ? I fix these all the time, ( mostly cracked screen's or dead boards )

Mine has gone through a few keyboards because i type and work on it so much, but cured that issue with a dock & 2 24" lcds :)

It has a 2720QM .... battery life on a mobile workstation tends to be shit since its got a quad core...

I had one, i sold it 2 weeks later, hated it, battery life sucked and was bulky and heavy.

tough laptop tho,

I had one, i sold it 2 weeks later, hated it, battery life sucked and was bulky and heavy.

tough laptop tho,

mine doesnt have the same cpu that guy has, still plenty fast for a laptop.
and battery life? I can easily get 4-5hrs under normal workload and up to 7hrs under light workload

bulky.. kind of, compared to past generations it's a lot better.
heavy? really? like an extra pound will make your "muscles" hurt?

15"/17" MBPs get 7 hrs of battery doing normal stuff, and they pack a mobile quad-core.

yeah, thats what my 13" mb pro does too, i've installed a ssd and it totally helped with speed & battery life.

Giving mine to the wife, and either going to grab the V131 Dell OR a mb air 13"..

Back