Your Laptop Picture [H]ere (read first post for rules please)

bad cellphone pic of my x120e

IbPgG.jpg
Robotech wallpaper props

since i can't edit my post... i made an update
uFGdD.jpg
Antenna pro- holy shit look at that directional antenna pointed at the wall. Where are you going in such a hurry soldier

HP DV7T 7000.

Core i7-3610QM Processor (2.3 GHz, 6MB L3 Cache)
NVIDIA GeForce GT 650M Graphics with 2GB GDDR5 memory
8GB DDR3 System Memory
1.5TB 7200 rpm Dual Hard Drive with HP ProtectSmart Hard Drive Protection
32GB mSSD Hard Drive Acceleration Cache
17.3-inch diagonal Full HD Anti-glare LED-backlit Display (1920 x 1080)

7322690762_04f05b05e1_b.jpg

looks cool! how much did u pay??

^ holy shit. I used to have an M14x and I thought it was huge...

wait... that's actually an M18x next to an M17x.... :eek:

You're right! I've never owned an M14x and the image description on that pic was incorrect it appears.. i'll edit.

My new laptop, replacing an Alienware m11x r1.

Samsung 700Z5c-
Core i7 3635qm (2.4ghz)
8gb ram
Nvidia GT 640m (kepler)-- Optimus
1tb hdd with some kind of SSD cache.
Win8, N/Bluetooth etc.
1600X900 screen.
DSC_1471small.jpg

It has a side-profile on par with some of the thicker ultrabooks, but retains the DVD drive, for what that's worth.
DSC_1478smallb.jpg

DSC_1479small.jpg

I had been considering an ultrabook for some time, specifically the Asus u500. But once they announced it would cost $2500 with the nvidia gpu, I said F that. Then, today Best Buy had a few of these openbox, but never actually used (some company bought them and then returned them unused). $870, a freaking steal.

^^ nice looking laptop, the only thing i hate about sony is that they COST SO MUCH to get fixed, and if it's still under warranty, then you have to send it away to get fixed for 2-5 months :(

Great looking laptop, I have been wanting to replace my laptop and desktop with a laptop. I might have to go see if I can find one of those to look at.

^^ nice looking laptop, the only thing i hate about sony is that they COST SO MUCH to get fixed, and if it's still under warranty, then you have to send it away to get fixed for 2-5 months :(

I think it's a Samsung.. lol

Great looking laptop, I have been wanting to replace my laptop and desktop with a laptop. I might have to go see if I can find one of those to look at.

I think it's a Samsung.. lol

FUK ME! man i screwed that one up eh ! lol

i need sleep.. nite nite al.

Yea, it's a SAmsung, lol.
I love Sonys but for the price they just never seem quite worth it.

SO far so good. I need to get used to using am Optimus based laptop, and how to get it to recognize games... Mechwarrior online took some configuring.

Yea, it's a SAmsung, lol.
I love Sonys but for the price they just never seem quite worth it.

SO far so good. I need to get used to using am Optimus based laptop, and how to get it to recognize games... Mechwarrior online took some configuring.

I was thinking a samsung ultrabook next year, we will see tho.

HUGE HUGE samsung fan here..

Since I commute to grad school, my laptop has become my main workstation. I finally put together a satisfactory set up in my crappy grad student office (shared with 3 other people), so I figured it was time to delurk:
office2012.jpg

MacBook Pro 13" 2.3Ghz i5, 8GB, 320GB, OS X 10.7.5 in a Speck case (so I don't hurt it)
Peripherals include a Dell 2005fpw, Sennheiser 280s, and Logitech G15 + M570 (which travels with me, so I have the MX518 in case I forget it)

I was thinking a samsung ultrabook next year, we will see tho.

HUGE HUGE samsung fan here..
Yea, as I said, the ultrabooks were super tempting for me too, but after I sat down and considered the sacrifices in price, performance and options, especially compared to laptops like this samsung, it didn't make sense to me.
BTW, HERE is a link to the one I got.

Yea, as I said, the ultrabooks were super tempting for me too, but after I sat down and considered the sacrifices in price, performance and options, especially compared to laptops like this samsung, it didn't make sense to me.
BTW, HERE is a link to the one I got.

Would you mind going to device manager and checking the Hardware ID on the display? Some people say it comes with SEC0007 but the one I bought has SEC0006 (an inferior screen). I'm replacing mine today and hoping to get a different display but am not holding my breath.

0007. It's not awesome tbh, but I am not super sensitive to monitors, so I don't care much.

Antenna pro- holy shit look at that directional antenna pointed at the wall. Where are you going in such a hurry soldier

it needs a 4 watt booster before i can do anything fun with it, lol work in progress

He's on your block, stealing your wifi. That's a hell of an antenna.

i'm still blown away someone would actually throw an antenna like that out, those antenna's aren't cheap

Last edited:
0007. It's not awesome tbh, but I am not super sensitive to monitors, so I don't care much.

Thanks for checking. The 0007 is supposed to be better than 0006. I just returned mine, then drove to a different town and purchased another. Still got 0006, I cant catch a break.

Thanks for checking. The 0007 is supposed to be better than 0006. I just returned mine, then drove to a different town and purchased another. Still got 0006, I cant catch a break.
Bummer. I don't see any kinds of numbers on the box that might indicate which it has, like a part number, manufacture date etc,

My new laptop, replacing an Alienware m11x r1.

Samsung 700Z5c-
Core i7 3635qm (2.4ghz)
8gb ram
Nvidia GT 640m (kepler)-- Optimus
1tb hdd with some kind of SSD cache.
Win8, N/Bluetooth etc.
1600X900 screen.

It has a side-profile on par with some of the thicker ultrabooks, but retains the DVD drive, for what that's worth.

I had been considering an ultrabook for some time, specifically the Asus u500. But once they announced it would cost $2500 with the nvidia gpu, I said F that. Then, today Best Buy had a few of these openbox, but never actually used (some company bought them and then returned them unused). $870, a freaking steal.

These laptops are beautiful! I had the 15", but couldn't handle the screen. Needless to say, I upgraded to the 17.3" and I could not be happier.

I only have a photo of the internals from when I replaced an 830 with an M5 Pro :p

img20120926192905.jpg

Today I will post a picture of my Y500 that came in the mail yesterday... I haven't actually had a chance to become acquainted with my laptop because it is at home and I am at school, but from what I've seen online this thing looks amazing... hope it feels that way too.

Only thing my Y500 is missing is an MSATA SSD, any ideas for what I should get to put in it? I'm thinking about going cheap and just getting a 64GB cache drive.

Today I will post a picture of my Y500 that came in the mail yesterday... I haven't actually had a chance to become acquainted with my laptop because it is at home and I am at school, but from what I've seen online this thing looks amazing... hope it feels that way too.

Only thing my Y500 is missing is an MSATA SSD, any ideas for what I should get to put in it? I'm thinking about going cheap and just getting a 64GB cache drive.

I think you'll love it. I know that a few colleagues of mine have one, and it's amazing. Cache drives always help: especially when it comes to boot-up/shutdown speeds.

Back