World of Warships Enters Open Beta!

How does that work? Is it set on the place where you selected? so you're sort of guessing where it the ship is going to be?

Yeah it's like manual torping, you have to lead the target. On a BB it's easy as it's generally half a ship's length (If your planes are close). I usually just keep updating (clicking) it to the bow of the ship. It gives you a WAYYYY tighter bomb spread. I usually land 3/4 bombs on a BB for jap squadrons. I remember getting 5+ when I was playing US. For DDs I usually just auto-bomb them as they are tougher...

Manual torping allows you to launch torps closer to the target, making them harder to dodge. Too close and they don't have time to arm (same with dds). If you're a little more than a ship's length away that's enough time.

Fighters also have a strafing ability if you hold alt. It slaughters squadrons.

Last edited:
Yeah it's like manual torping, you have to lead the target. On a BB it's easy as it's generally half a ship's length (If your planes are close). I usually just keep updating (clicking) it to the bow of the ship. It gives you a WAYYYY tighter bomb spread. I usually land 3/4 bombs on a BB for jap squadrons. I remember getting 5+ when I was playing US. For DDs I usually just auto-bomb them as they are tougher...

Manual torping allows you to launch torps closer to the target, making them harder to dodge. Too close and they don't have time to arm (same with dds).

Fighters also have a strafing ability if you hold alt. It slaughters squadrons.

yes, that one i figured out (Strafing and manual torps)
In fact I got most of my kills by strafing , enemy carrier captains at tier 5 seem to mostly group their planes with 1 fighter leading the 2 bomber squads, so I'm usualy able to shoot down 5-15 planes in 1 go :D

Got on earlier today with Dayaks, and the first game we had was amazing (for me).

2Hmymvi.jpg

KcxJtM3.jpg

JeXYbxz.jpg

Of course chibe doesn't show the matches where I do decent. :rolleyes:

shot-16.01.05_11.02.18-0740_zpszqodnmmm.jpg

I went to A, Chibe went B. We wrecked some ships. I did about 1.5 DDs, 2x cruisers and a Nagato worth of damage.

First time I've seen over 3k XP in a game. Congrats Chibster! Not sure why that image is so shitty but Chibster had 3437 XP and I had 2467.

I'll be on for a while tonight trying to get my blyska ready for ranked if anyone wants to div up.

Of course chibe doesn't show the matches where I do decent. :rolleyes:

shot-16.01.05_11.02.18-0740_zpszqodnmmm.jpg

I went to A, Chibe went B. We wrecked some ships. I did about 1.5 DDs, 2x cruisers and a Nagato worth of damage.

First time I've seen over 3k XP in a game. Congrats Chibster! Not sure why that image is so shitty but Chibster had 3437 XP and I had 2467.

Well, I was going to post the end game screenshot, but I exited the post battle, and then went back. The background for this screen isn't the easiest on the eyes.

jwrQ5SA.jpg

EFIZ1lc.jpg

ptRaIfD.jpg

I love the unicorn girl and the multiple up skirts. Totally goes with WWII naval vessels. Heheheh.

I unfortunately only got that one screen cap.

all HE in the kiev? must have been just raining on the BB's.

I was vs an Aoba, Myoko and a dd at A, solo for a few minutes, and the cruisers were within 8km. No idea how I lived. Chibster eventually decided to show up... There was at least one cruiser left that he helped take out. We went to B where we took out a DD, then he torped a Aoba (IIRC) at the same time. That's where he got his double strike. I went south and took out a Nagato, he went east and at least took out a carrier.

There's the beginning I didn't pay attention to him because I had my hands full. :)

Does AP on the Kiev do well?

Last edited:
Yeah, up close AP can wreck havoc. It will hit from distance, but if you can fight up to just a few km from cruisers and pop smoke, you can citadel the crap out of them broadside.

If they are showing boardside, a good distance is 8-9 km. The kiev can chew up cruisers with AP (if it pens).

Hmmm I wonder if the Benson (soon to be fletcher) can pen cruisers... I'll have to try that.

Don't know about benson specifically, but down in the nicholas, you can pen & cit some (like omahas) at close range before that rainbow arc kicks in.

Don't know about benson specifically, but down in the nicholas, you can pen & cit some (like omahas) at close range before that rainbow arc kicks in.

Yeah, I penned the crap out of the german cruisers in the Nicholas :) (Konigsberg), but I can't do that to a cleveland, and no way @ Tier 8 in the Fubuki, I Guess I don't get into close enough gun fights with it to try though.

1-0 in ranked!

Started at T15, didn't realize that's where T7/8 starts, so no T5/6 grind needed this season. As expected, it's bensons everywhere. 8 DD's in the game, 4 bensons, mahan, 2 blyks and a kiev.

I have a feeling I'm going to get tired of seeing them and their rate of fire.

Starting at Rank 14 but haven't received any of the prior rank rewards like last time. Anyone else not get the flags/xp/camos?

Cap area on north map is different now in ranked, no more mexican standoffs @ the B cap, and no more having the south team hide behind that island at A. That B cap looks to favor the team coming from the north a bit though.

http://i.imgur.com/GklZWJH.png

1-0 in ranked!

Started at T15, didn't realize that's where T7/8 starts, so no T5/6 grind needed this season. As expected, it's bensons everywhere. 8 DD's in the game, 4 bensons, mahan, 2 blyks and a kiev.

I have a feeling I'm going to get tired of seeing them and their rate of fire.

Is there something about the Fubuki I should know about ?

stay out of sight, launch torp walls at incoming fleets since they usually travel in a bunch, I was almost always first place in ranked on my fubuki, averaging ~2200xp, some as high as 3000 :D (base)

don't be afraid of using the guns, they do hit pretty hard, doing 2000-3000dmg / salvo on a tirpitz.

Last edited:
stay out of sight, launch torp walls at incoming fleets since they usually travel in a bunch, I was almost always first place in ranked on my fubuki, averaging ~2200xp, some as high as 3000 :D (base)

don't be afraid of using the guns, they do hit pretty hard, doing 2000-3000dmg / salvo on a tirpitz.

That's pretty much what I've been doing. I have the 15k torp update, but DAMN they are slow to get there :)

I have also noticed if you get yourself trapped, you are gonna die very very quickly.

I'm sure there will be plenty of them, but I think the benson is going to the most common by far. It's got enough stealth to cap, usable torps & more firepower than fubuki if it has to fight up close. More firepower than any DD really if you catch them up close by accident. That extra couple seconds he has to detect me and get his guns on target really hurts in kiev & blyks.

Usually in DDs I get as close as I can. Popping smoke and throwing it in reverse helps, then I can usually gun a ship to death before I have to flee.

Jesus tapdancing christ this match was nuts
BnNCEA4.jpg

dc5RreA.jpg

baK8fNX.jpg

I can't begin to tell you how close a torpedo bomber came to killing me at the end. I got a double strike on those carrier bastards as recompense for harassing me the whole game, lol.

BnNCEA4.jpg

dc5RreA.jpg

baK8fNX.jpg

I can't begin to tell you how close a torpedo bomber came to killing me at the end. I got a double strike on those carrier bastards as recompense for harassing me the whole game, lol.

lol! very nice

BnNCEA4.jpg

dc5RreA.jpg

baK8fNX.jpg

I saw the last minute or so of that during the stream, that torp dodge was nuts.

BnNCEA4.jpg

dc5RreA.jpg

baK8fNX.jpg

Very nicely done. I hope you are going to put a video up of that match.

the fubuki is an all around good ship, i'd recommend all the upgrades except the torps... while the 15km torps are great on certain maps overall the 10km torps are king. i'm also more of a fan of the base hull because of the extra gun and the transverse isn't really that bad on the base guns but the maneuverability of the upgraded hull is too good.

lets put it this way, it's almost good enough to make the grind through T6 and T7 worth it.. until you realize you make f... all for silver unless you have premium and play like the idiots we all hate that sit at the back of the map shooting at max range..

the fubuki is an all around good ship, i'd recommend all the upgrades except the torps... while the 15km torps are great on certain maps overall the 10km torps are king. i'm also more of a fan of the base hull because of the extra gun and the transverse isn't really that bad on the base guns but the maneuverability of the upgraded hull is too good.

lets put it this way, it's almost good enough to make the grind through T6 and T7 worth it.. until you realize you make f... all for silver unless you have premium and play like the idiots we all hate that sit at the back of the map shooting at max range..

I thought the 15k Torps also have a lower detectability range vs the 10k torps? That's pretty much the only reason I changed over.

I've made it to 15.2 so far. I thought the 24hr premium award was a bit LOL. Give me flags !!!

I'm at 15 now :) took a couple of matches in the FUSO, one with totally useless cruisers who decided to go out on their own, and get killed one by one, the New Mexico, myself, and the carrier carried that match, one Omaha actually stuck with us, but his AA was probably worse than ours.

They might have a lower detection, but slower, so the net reaction time is about the same? I don't think in ranked 15km torps are going to do much. The spread is huge, the players (generally) are better, so hits are going to be rare, and there are overall just less ships to hit, and most of them are DD's. I'd take the speed.

If you are making a torp spread from the flank to make a BB turn broadside to your team, you'll have to be much closer than 15km anyway, due to the spread again.

They might have a lower detection, but slower, so the net reaction time is about the same? I don't think in ranked 15km torps are going to do much. The spread is huge, the players (generally) are better, so hits are going to be rare, and there are overall just less ships to hit, and most of them are DD's. I'd take the speed.

If you are making a torp spread from the flank to make a BB turn broadside to your team, you'll have to be much closer than 15km anyway, due to the spread again.

I have had success with the 15k torps :) so I'm split about them, I don't find them too slow to hit a target, and DDs are usually going to avoid both the 10 and 15ks since neither is "really" fast, 62 v 57. The only time I ever manage to torp a DD is up close, or when they hide in smoke clouds and think no one would try to torp them :p .

I almost always fire my torps in a close spread, unless I'm going for multiple targets

I thought the 15k Torps also have a lower detectability range vs the 10k torps? That's pretty much the only reason I changed over.

I'm at 15 now :) took a couple of matches in the FUSO, one with totally useless cruisers who decided to go out on their own, and get killed one by one, the New Mexico, myself, and the carrier carried that match, one Omaha actually stuck with us, but his AA was probably worse than ours.

I had two irritating games last night.

One, a BB with full health just trotted around and never fired a shot. When everyone else was dead, we tried to get him to get in the fight but he told everyone to fuck off. He just sat there and let his ship slowly get destroyed by enemy fire. It was not AFK. The guy was a total asshole.

The second one we had won, but our last guy left moved out of the cap area for no reason at all. We tried to get him back in but, again, we were basically told to STFU. We lost by 2 points.

I have had success with the 15k torps :) so I'm split about them, I don't find them too slow to hit a target, and DDs are usually going to avoid both the 10 and 15ks since neither is "really" fast, 62 v 57. The only time I ever manage to torp a DD is up close, or when they hide in smoke clouds and think no one would try to torp them :p .

I almost always fire my torps in a close spread, unless I'm going for multiple targets

Yeah, I meant since there are fewer ships in ranked, and most of them are dd's, it leaves you with very limited amounts of targets. Plus with the lowest detection in ranked, fubuki usually has to be the cap guy.

Back