World of Warships Enters Open Beta!

I was just thinking... (Uh oh LOL)

Wouldn't it be neat if you could actually fly the planes in WoWs ? Like, from the Cockpit?

Hell they already have the majority of the mechanics written for it.

Man I just love this little fart of a ship!

ulNbwhE.jpg

Thanks all!

I did have a few "good" games, but nothing that I wanted to save. The highest base XP I earned was like 2.6k.

All I can think right now is that Batman movie quote: "Some men just want to watch the world burn." I think I can be that man, all I needed was a Zao...

Finally had a great game with my Zao. A 203k damage dealt game.

oNeBGAk.jpg

1zMs3y6.jpg

qkzGcix.jpg

And I thought the Mogami was badass.

14 fires, that's hilarious. You annoyed someone to death.

had a game where a nurnberg chased around an amagi for damn near the entire match set him on fire 11 times, didn't kill him but it was hilarious.

also sad panda, had one of my best games in the nicholas since the rebalance and i didn't even get to see my final score since the servers went down :(

but i finally got the kraken award today in my nagato. almost 3 shot a fubuki with AP from 14km away as well.. dropped him to 1400 hp before some one else killed him. almost had a 6th kill, round hit the last pensacola with 200 hp just as i finished capping the base. :( 62k XP more to go til i unlock that amagi, woooo..

also i broke down and finally bought the fubuki since they're doing the T8 - T10 sale after not touching IJN DD's in about 6 months, ships not to bad.

WTORjLr.png

HnXvmPU.png

I got my groove back with carriers last night. For some reason I was doing terrible after switching from EU.

I like the jap carriers, have a T6. 1 fighter, 2 torp, 2 dive bombers. What I like to do is torp a BB with one set of planes to cause flooding. Wait until he uses repair then send the rest in. Got first blood on a Colorado doing this. I get some kind of sick joy in watching them burn/flood to death.

That's awesome. Pretty impressive with a T1.

I could see Wargaming eventually making an all inclusive air/land/sea game. I'd love to for a BF1942 remake.

Yeah. Hell most of the work is done. All they have to do is integrate the modules.

I got my groove back with carriers last night. For some reason I was doing terrible after switching from EU.

I like the jap carriers, have a T6. 1 fighter, 2 torp, 2 dive bombers. What I like to do is torp a BB with one set of planes to cause flooding. Wait until he uses repair then send the rest in. Got first blood on a Colorado doing this. I get some kind of sick joy in watching them burn/flood to death.

I sold all my carriers for the slots and coin.

I just couldn't get into it because you aren't allowed to load them as you see fit.

I sold all my carriers for the slots and coin.

I just couldn't get into it because you aren't allowed to load them as you see fit.

sold mine because they suck, and the patch didn't do anything to make IJN CV's any better.

as far as the loadouts, they're accurate to what the normal loadouts of the actual CV's were. if you start allowing people to customize loadouts on CV's ya might as well just let people select what ever guns they want on their ships as well..

sold mine because they suck, and the patch didn't do anything to make IJN CV's any better.

as far as the loadouts, they're accurate to what the normal loadouts of the actual CV's were. if you start allowing people to customize loadouts on CV's ya might as well just let people select what ever guns they want on their ships as well..

Somewhere in there they made IJN Torps more like US Torps. They used to spread out, I like them better now where they all travel parallel.

I think I am going to stay on T6 for a while. I want the five point skill for an extra plane. :). IJN benefits more than US since we have four plane squadrons... I get five extra planes in the air where U.S. only get three. The T10 IJN looks sweet. So many squadrons.

I like more squadrons because it's more versatile. It's also hard for one squadron of US fighters to stop four of my bombers. Tihehe. At the higher tiers you have enough reserve planes sometimes I get them killed on purpose so I can launch more into the air and get more dmg out.

Hey Chibe

Saw you driving that Zoa around last night, I was doing horrible as usual.

I got a buddy that is pretty decent though.

We have a ventrilo server if any one is interested.

Hey Chibe

Saw you driving that Zoa around last night, I was doing horrible as usual.

I got a buddy that is pretty decent though.

We have a ventrilo server if any one is interested.

Got no problem doing that. Haven't got any good games with her though.

Somewhere in there they made IJN Torps more like US Torps. They used to spread out, I like them better now where they all travel parallel.

I think I am going to stay on T6 for a while. I want the five point skill for an extra plane. :). IJN benefits more than US since we have four plane squadrons... I get five extra planes in the air where U.S. only get three. The T10 IJN looks sweet. So many squadrons.

I like more squadrons because it's more versatile. It's also hard for one squadron of US fighters to stop four of my bombers. Tihehe. At the higher tiers you have enough reserve planes sometimes I get them killed on purpose so I can launch more into the air and get more dmg out.

on paper the T10 is amazing, actually using it, it's a piece of crap.. once you hit T10 USN/IJN ships have so much AA that you're basically just doing suicide runs hoping 1 or 2 squads of torps actually make it to drop on their target.

T5/6 is the sweet spot for IJN carriers, after that it's all down hill. none of the changes did anything to help IJN carriers.. because while fixing the problem with IJN carriers they double buffed USN carriers so it's right back to square one.

on paper the T10 is amazing, actually using it, it's a piece of crap.. once you hit T10 USN/IJN ships have so much AA that you're basically just doing suicide runs hoping 1 or 2 squads of torps actually make it to drop on their target.

T5/6 is the sweet spot for IJN carriers, after that it's all down hill. none of the changes did anything to help IJN carriers.. because while fixing the problem with IJN carriers they double buffed USN carriers so it's right back to square one.

Ahh that makes sense and sucks.

Right now carriers are in my top ranked ships... Given I only played a few games with them.

image_zpszsjl5hiv.jpg

I also couldn't resist that Polish DD. Let me tell you that thing is a beast.

the more and more i use the admiral hipper, the more and more i wish i was in my yorck.. the A. Hipper sucks when you have to go against T9/10 cruisers/BB's.. any hit = 50% of your HP and a citadel almost oneshots you from any ship.. so painful to play. starting to think i may work on finishing getting IJN cruisers up to T8 now instead of dealing with the hipper..

also finally broke down and bought the fubuki since they were doing the sale on them.. god i forgot how great that ship was compared to the horrendous hatsu and mustsucky. hadn't used it since CBT, now i regret waiting so long to get it again.

i'm sad though, i really need to setup that replay crap, had an awesome kill today in my nagato.. hit a benson from 18km with a single AP round @ 50%HP right in the center of the smoke stack and insta gibbed him.

Ahh that makes sense and sucks.

Right now carriers are in my top ranked ships... Given I only played a few games with them.

image_zpszsjl5hiv.jpg

I also couldn't resist that Polish DD. Let me tell you that thing is a beast.

Where do you get that data ?

My friend and I were both rolling new mexicos last night.
Had one hell of a game

Double Strike
Devastating strike
first blood
high caliber
confederate
Kraken

I only managed 145k damage though.

I dont really like the mexico, as its feels like its soaked in molasses, but when supported its really mean. My friend and I both sail side by side and front gun push enemies, coordinate it so we both offset when we swing the back end to use rear guns. Anyone on the other end is constantly under fire from our AP.
Not much gets more fun than the Fuso though. I have the nagato, but I play the fuso more.

I got out of my Aoba at last....and holy shit, the Myoko is a fucking beast. Its been a month or so since I played my new orleans or baltimore, and holy shit, the myoko in its first game landed me 11 citadels.

My friend and I were both rolling new mexicos last night.
Had one hell of a game

Double Strike
Devastating strike
first blood
high caliber
confederate
Kraken

I only managed 145k damage though.

I dont really like the mexico, as its feels like its soaked in molasses, but when supported its really mean. My friend and I both sail side by side and front gun push enemies, coordinate it so we both offset when we swing the back end to use rear guns. Anyone on the other end is constantly under fire from our AP.
Not much gets more fun than the Fuso though. I have the nagato, but I play the fuso more.

I got out of my Aoba at last....and holy shit, the Myoko is a fucking beast. Its been a month or so since I played my new orleans or baltimore, and holy shit, the myoko in its first game landed me 11 citadels.

Only 145k damage? Are you humble bragging? You realize that's more than 3 times the server average for that ship, right? I don't think anyone would look down upon that much damage in a New Mex.

The New Mex is quite a lot of fun in a "I'ma steamroll this area" type of way especially, as you said, when you get some support. It's a nasty, nasty ship for a push into enemy areas and is better at that than the Fuso, though you don't want to get into a fight against either of them at close range.

The Myoko is a goddamn blast to play. I really love driving that ship with the speed flag to hit 38kts. I look forward to getting her again, eventually.

I was really surprised when I had a 26k slavo against a Tirpitz in my New Mex. I got within 8km shooting HE at his Tirpitz buddy and I think they wrote me off (also hid my broadside). Then switched to AP and hit him under the smoke stacks. I had their attention after that. I did around 90k dmg which I was happy with considering it was a T8 game.

Droc, how'd you manage the double strike? Secondaries? Or only used some guns on one ship and switched to the other? Not sure why I am curious, just am.

Last edited:

Well.... I've had it go both ways. One round I chsed down a midway with a Baltimore. I shot down 47 planes and took 1 torp(on the Iowa), another round an Essex put 580732 torps into me the first 5 minutes of the game

I was really surprised when I had a 26k slavo against a Tirpitz in my New Mex. I got within 8km shooting HE at his Tirpitz buddy and I think they wrote me off (also hid my broadside). Then switched to AP and hit him under the smoke stacks. I had their attention after that. I did around 90k dmg which I was happy with considering it was a T8 game.

Droc, how'd you manage the double strike? Secondaries? Or only used some guns on one ship and switched to the other? Not sure why I am curious, just am.

When a ship is close to dead , I tend to fire one turret at a time on bbs. Maybe like that? Or he had set some fires.

When a ship is close to dead , I tend to fire one turret at a time on bbs. Maybe like that? Or he had set some fires.

Double Strike is quite the accomplishment in a BB even firing one turret, with the transverse so long you really have to have everything lined up just right.

I wish I could have front and rear turrets locked to different targets a lot of times but that would bring complexity to the game.

Double Strike is quite the accomplishment in a BB even firing one turret, with the transverse so long you really have to have everything lined up just right.

I wish I could have front and rear turrets locked to different targets a lot of times but that would bring complexity to the game.

I got a double strike with one shot once :)

In a Minekazi and took out both of the opposing teams DD's with one torp launch. Badges and buttons and shit popped up on the right so fast it scared me lol.

Ok, what's next for me?

Everything I own is fully upgraded and there's no more XP to be spent on them, so it's time to start thinking about the next ship.

I currently have about 22k Free XP built up, so I have a ways to go before I can purchase the next one. I'm up in to the tier 7, 8 and 9's now, so things are starting to get kinda grindy :)

Candidates:

US Cruiser New Orleans
IJN Cruiser Mogami
Ger Cruiser Yorck

US Battleship Iowa
IJN Battleship Nagato

US DD Fletcher
IJN DD Fubuki

So. What brings the best play for the xp ?

The Nurrnberg is a fun cruiser. It's fast and and has fast guns, but is it me or does this thing have a tendency to get blown out from under you without a hell of a lot of warning?

I saw Chibe in his Zao last night. Let me tell you do those guns have some velocity on them. I love high velocity guns... Since you have a IJN cruiser line if I was you I'd probably go after the Zao :).

Personally I am going after the Montana. Then maybe US DD T10.

Ok, what's next for me?

Candidates:

US Cruiser New Orleans
IJN Cruiser Mogami
Ger Cruiser Yorck

US Battleship Iowa
IJN Battleship Nagato

US DD Fletcher
IJN DD Fubuki

So. What brings the best play for the xp ?

I would suggest going for the mogami. It's one of the more enjoyable ships to run. You are the bane of any DD within 11 kms, you can do 5k salvos of HE on cruisers, and you restore deadly BBs into the BBQ pits they always wanted to be. Just don't show your boardside to anyone.

As for the Zao, I don't shoot guns, I shoot lazers.

Forgot how much fun DDs can be. Finally getting around to upgrading my Fletcher.

G1MV85U.jpg

kZBxsum.jpg

NeIPqMY.jpg
Can't wait to actually have the upgrade the torps and see how devastating they can be.

Back home & got a couple of games in this morning on the blyswicka or wtfever it is. Nice boat, can see the kiev like potential in it. Downside is having to start a rookie captain on a T7 boat, even with spending the gold to get 3 captain points to start.

Being a premium ship, I kind of hate to waste the free camo that comes with, but need to run flags & xmas camo for a couple days to hopefully ramp up quickly. Need one of those x3 captain xp weekends.

anyone else avoiding amateur hour tonight and staying home & playing?

i'll be on there if anyone wants to division up. (iadave)

Yeah DDs are a blast. I was sort of bummed the 3x XP ended before New Years. I got my Iowa, even stock I like it a lot more than the North Carolina. Pens ships way better.

I think DDs are my favorite class of ships. I like to get in close.... Even in my Iowa I usually end up 10km away. :)

I saw Chibe in his Zao last night. Let me tell you do those guns have some velocity on them. I love high velocity guns... Since you have a IJN cruiser line if I was you I'd probably go after the Zao :).

Personally I am going after the Montana. Then maybe US DD T10.

Doesn't the Gearing have the fastest, most bad ass guns in the game ?

Yeah DDs are a blast. I was sort of bummed the 3x XP ended before New Years. I got my Iowa, even stock I like it a lot more than the North Carolina. Pens ships way better.

I think DDs are my favorite class of ships. I like to get in close.... Even in my Iowa I usually end up 10km away. :)

save your silver, the montana isn't worth it.

Doesn't the Gearing have the fastest, most bad ass guns in the game ?

the guns on the USN DD's don't really change that much. they just very between amount of guns and rotation speed after T6. same goes for the IJN, after T5 they're all the same.

Last edited:
Had some good matches with chibster, and dayaks also joined in for a couple as well. Went 8-2 overall, mainly in t7 with me in the blys and him in the kiev. Amusingly enough, probably the worst match for us was when we went (or tried to) seal clubbing in derzkis. Chibster got detonated on the very first shell that hit him..it was pretty lol-worthy.. I died shortly thereafter.

Ended on a loss, where chibster had a fuso, me in the murmansk (since I don't have a t6), and got dragged into a mainly T7/8 match. Even still, we were top 2 on the team.

ART5YDc.jpg

V03pjeD.jpg

Back