World of Warships Enters Open Beta!

I'd probably had rage quit playing before then, it's annoying as heck now and the first time was shocking.

Oh and getting dinged for leaving one match, that was shocking too. I mean the kids are screaming lemme just stay in this match instead of leaving. Next time I'll just have auto pilot run me around head first and suicide instead of leaving and be banned from play. Of course now I know what some people in games I've been in have done that too instead of leaving and being dinged.

I'd probably had rage quit playing before then, it's annoying as heck now and the first time was shocking.

Oh and getting dinged for leaving one match, that was shocking too. I mean the kids are screaming lemme just stay in this match instead of leaving. Next time I'll just have auto pilot run me around head first and suicide instead of leaving and be banned from play. Of course now I know what some people in games I've been in have done that too instead of leaving and being dinged.
Yeah, if I have to run I usually say BRB emergency, autopilot around back of the team and hopefully come back alive.

You should see the time when DDs had citadels (which they still do it's simply turned off, lol) and they dropped like flies. Absolutely hilarious because if they did hit you with a torp while repair was on cooldown and it caused flooding you were as good as dead. The mechanics were just different for the first couple of years compared to now. It still is harsh for new players, probably even worse in some areas, but the game is nowhere near as punishing as it once was.

There was a time where, specifically the Iowa, was nearly invincible and water didn't slow shells down enough which, IIRC, was really the cause of so many ships getting outright nuked.

Question on the premium rewards, the one we're there is a free reward line then a paid. Can you start the time for the premium several days, weeks into it after claiming the free rewards, and get all the unclaimed rewards?

It just reset for another 27 days. Wondering if this is valid to doubled dip

Question on the premium rewards, the one we're there is a free reward line then a paid. Can you start the time for the premium several days, weeks into it after claiming the free rewards, and get all the unclaimed rewards?

It just reset for another 27 days. Wondering if this is valid to doubled dip
I am assuming you are talking about battlepass, once it is reset it's done and you can no longer claim additional rewards or reward tiers for that specific battlepass, until that point you are able to upgrade at any time and retroactively claim any rewards.

Is it worth it then? What's the best way to I guess if going to spend any money on this game to do so as cheap as possible. I don't mind waiting for annual sales etc

Is it worth it then? What's the best way to I guess if going to spend any money on this game to do so as cheap as possible. I don't mind waiting for annual sales etc
It depends on the prize, last time I think it was since you got a bunch of santa gifts + steel + coal out of it, for like $20 worth of dabloons? so it worked out, also depends on what you want in the game. I have most of the ships I want already, so I only upgraded that one BP and none before it since I want a couple of more ships that are steel and coal.

If you're going to spend money on one thing it should be PREMIUM time, makes the grind feel less like a grind. Second would be doubloons that you can use for purchasing stuff. You may see deals during annual sales around holidays or even your birthday.

Free on Epic along with a cool looking Chess game.
It's always been free, their just giving away a free starter pack.

World of Warships — Starter Pack: Ishizuchi​

This package includes:​

• Ishizuchi, Japanese Tier IV battleship
  • Port slot
  • 11x Epic camouflages
  • 11x common expendable economic bonuses of four types ("Credits +20%," "Ship XP +100%," "Commander XP +100%," and "Free XP +300%")
  • 5x Award containers
  • You will only be able to use this DLC if you play using a game account created on Epic Games Store.

Last edited:
MEGADETH rocks the boat in World of Warships. 🤘

Dave Mustaine and Vic Rattlehead of Megadeth fame are sailing into World of Warships aboard just about the most metal ship you can imagine! Fans of the legendary thrash metal band won’t want to miss out on the chance to rock out at sea with some exclusive themed content.

New Megadeth content

Pick up the two individually voiced Commanders, Dave Mustaine and Vic Rattlehead; American Tier V Premium ship Rattlehead with an iconic permanent camouflage; and the Megadeth flag.

View: https://store.steampowered.com/app/2537410/World_of_Warships__Free_Megadeth_Commander/

30b1d0f8288e8aa236a0da7a79d78c825f63f644.jpg

d038de828eab128666a38067b61b48e2ca253d93.jpg

Welcome Megadeth to World of Warships

Comminity giveaway: win a tier VIII premium ship
Leave a like and a comment under our video to enter a special giveaway. Seven random players who do so will get a Premium Ship VIII container!

a13917b60faf6c19a8bd30f730295e854a6930a1_400x225.jpg
World of Warships EventTue, August 29, 2023
Like, Comment, WIN!
Giveaway Time—Just Leave a Like and Comment
More About This Game
youtube_large.pngtwitter_large.pngtwitch_large.pngfacebook_large.png
Game
Live
header.jpg
Free To Play

StartedTue, August 29, 2023 10:02 AM EDT
EndsThu, September 14, 2023 1:00 PM EDT
Live Now
Type
Loot Event

Get 2 free DLC's for a limited time.

View: https://store.steampowered.com/app/2804870/World_of_Warships__FREE_Publisher_Weekend_Exclusive_Pack/

The Wargaming Publisher Weekend has arrived! Brace yourself for the coming storm of steel with a free cosmetic pack for you to parade around the seas of World of Warships.

This package includes:
  • World of Wargaming Patch
  • Steam Permanent camouflage

This time-limited exclusive DLC bundle is only available between 15-19 February, 2024, and can only be unlocked with World of Warships game accounts that were created through Steam.

View: https://store.steampowered.com/app/2812880/World_of_Warships__FREE_DLC_to_Celebrate_the_Year_of_the_Dragon/

Celebrate the Lunar New Year by mounting the Lunar Warrior permanent camouflage on your preferred ship and introducing your foes to the Year of the Dragon. Unlock the DLC for free, then fight 10 battles to get 1x Lunar New Year container as an additional reward! Enjoy, Captain!

This package includes:​

• 1x Lunar Warrior permanent camouflage
  • Mission: Fight 10 battles by March 24 to receive 1x Lunar New Year container

Details about the Lunar New Year container contents can be found here.

This time-limited free DLC is only available from February 9, 00:00 UTC, until February 26, 16:00 UTC, 2024, and can only be unlocked with World of Warships game accounts created through Steam.

Been playing the heck out of WOWS this year. So many new ships.

I pretty much stopped playing back in late Nov. I seriously just can't deal with CVs and how their planes spot everything. Impossible to make moves or play to your ship's strengths when all it takes is a plane 7km away to spot you. Rounds where there is not a CV (or hybrid) are extremely fun but sadly kind of rare. 2 CV game, forget it, I was just quitting out of the round.

I'd rather subs than CVs even though subs come with their own BS.

I pretty much stopped playing back in late Nov. I seriously just can't deal with CVs and how their planes spot everything. Impossible to make moves or play to your ship's strengths when all it takes is a plane 7km away to spot you. Rounds where there is not a CV (or hybrid) are extremely fun but sadly kind of rare. 2 CV game, forget it, I was just quitting out of the round.

I'd rather subs than CVs even though subs come with their own BS.

I have not played in years for the same reason. If they had the ability to have a toggle for CV matches, I'd still play. I bought a ton of premium ships too, but just had enough.

I have not played in years for the same reason. If they had the ability to have a toggle for CV matches, I'd still play. I bought a ton of premium ships too, but just had enough.

If they just made the planes spot for only the CV, that would work to some extent. AA being mostly uskess is another problem.

Game hasn't been good in years. Can't believe people still play it. The CV patch years ago ruined things across the board, among other changes that removed a lot of complexity between classes.

Game hasn't been good in years. Can't believe people still play it. The CV patch years ago ruined things across the board, among other changes that removed a lot of complexity between classes.

Yeah. That's when I quit as well.

I enjoy playing the CVs and subs. Probably explains why I have -9000 karma in the game, lol.

I do think WOWS peaked when I got the Kitakami plus my fleet pretty much has all the OP ships (Musashi, Colossus, Gulio Cesare, Fujin, etc) that I don't see the desire for anything new now.

Still, I keep playing WOWS several times a day. Nice to drop in, play a match, and get out.

Back