Windows Feedback Program - Free Vista/Office 2007 - UPDATE!!!

how is it pirating? i didnt enter any illegal key anything, i just installed windows without using a product key.

how is it pirating? i didnt enter any illegal key anything, i just installed windows without using a product key.

You are free to install Windows Vista and use it for a set period of time without activation, after which you must activate it to continue using it according to the EULA. The whole grace period re-arm procedure falls into sort of a gray area since:

1. the EULA doesn't explicitly state 30 days is the time limit.
2. The grace period re-arm procedure is fully documented by microsoft and isn't considered a 'hack'.

I suppose if Microsoft were going to do something about it they would have done so already, and as of SP1 the grace period re-arming procedure still works.

Just remember Microsoft has limited you to 3 re-armings (for a potential total of 120 days trial usage). After that you are SOL....

Just got this email, looks like they are shipping soon!

This message is to notify you that we are ready to ship your product. Please allow until end of April for delivery. You will receive another email from us when shipments have gone out.

We have received many product selection changes and mailing address corrections from program participants and have implemented all of those changes. Please verify that the below information is correct and notify us if you need us to make another change prior to shipping. At this point in time, we can only take address changes, which you can email us to [email protected].

Please submit address corrections to us no later than Wednesday April 2nd, 2008.

Shipments will be going out with USPS. In case you have moved and did not get to send your new mailing address to us before April 2nd, 2008, please ensure you have a mail forwarding request on file with USPS so that your package gets delivered to your new address.

Your product selection:

Microsoft Windows Vista Ultimate (32-bit and 64-bit DVD)

i got this e-mail as well. mmm, love the smell of brand new vista!

I got the, "were going to ship" email also

I also just took the survey that puts you in the running for $5,000. Thing is, at the end it was loading and then just said "done" on the bottom of the browser with a blank screen. Is that normal?

got my emails as well. yay for having two people in the house so i can get both programs lol.

i think i'll hang around for the $5k thing too. it also makes me wonder what other stuff they'll be giving away. how bout a zune or xbox? :p basically worth the same as the software we got for free so why not? haha

I have the software running on my laptop which I turn on once a week browse the [H] and some dirty sites. They must love looking at my data. I should have picked Vista instead of office, so I hope they do this again.

I have the software running on my laptop which I turn on once a week browse the [H] and some dirty sites. They must love looking at my data. I should have picked Vista instead of office, so I hope they do this again.

I'd imagine you would be able to choose vista because I just got an email today to confirm my address + what I wanted.

They said I should wait until the end of april and I should have it by then.

I'd imagine you would be able to choose vista because I just got an email today to confirm my address + what I wanted.

They said I should wait until the end of april and I should have it by then.

It says they can only change your address, not the product. They offered to change the product in the last e-mail.

"Please verify that the below information is correct and notify us if you need us to make another change prior to shipping. At this point in time, we can only take address corrections. "

haha yes! I got the e-mail and I haven't had this program on for the last 3 months!

My Vista should be here shortly as well...............:) And the funny part is that I use Linux................;)

yea i thought that email was a little odd.

i was one of the few that had it on, but had to re-install it (they weren't receiving data).

then out of hte lbue just got an email about last chance to change address..

I barely made the deadline on December 11th, and confirmed it with them that I was in for the gift software. I've been running the program on one of my computers for going on four months now. I have not received any e-mails about it, or requests for follow-up surveys, and more importantly, I have not received my product! Seeing as how other people that participated in the December offer are receiving their products, I have sent off an e-mail to the feedback program to see where I stand.

Bah, I always end up on the short end of the stick for freebies.

I barely made the deadline on December 11th, and confirmed it with them that I was in for the gift software. I've been running the program on one of my computers for going on four months now. I have not received any e-mails about it, or requests for follow-up surveys, and more importantly, I have not received my product! Seeing as how other people that participated in the December offer are receiving their products, I have sent off an e-mail to the feedback program to see where I stand.

Bah, I always end up on the short end of the stick for freebies.

we're not supposed to get our stuff until the end of april. be patient

I thought I was being patient. I wasn't aware that we weren't supposed to get out goodies until the end of April, thanks for the info. I still wish they had sent an e-mail out and let us know when our 3 months of participation have been documented. I don't want the WFP on my computer any longer than it has to be.

I thought I was being patient. I wasn't aware that we weren't supposed to get out goodies until the end of April, thanks for the info. I still wish they had sent an e-mail out and let us know when our 3 months of participation have been documented. I don't want the WFP on my computer any longer than it has to be.

well most of us did get those emails. least i did. i was even told that my 3 months were almost done. i guess i'd email them and ask whats up to make sure you're gettin your stuff.

well most of us did get those emails. least i did. i was even told that my 3 months were almost done. i guess i'd email them and ask whats up to make sure you're gettin your stuff.

Yeah, see thats what I mean. I haven't received any of that. I did e-mail them on Tuesday but still have not heard back from them. We'll see what happens.

Anyone else not receiving e-mails?

I've gotten mine for two accounts, total of four since March 1st. and they are going to e-mail me when the vistas are sent?? kthx, a division of MS that works for me!

LOL... I got my confirmation about being part of the program (registered on Dec 11th) went thru everything. Even got the confirmation of product, which I changed to Office Ultimate screw Vista, got the email confirmation for last time addy change so I am good to go. For all of you that keep saying you are going to drop it as soon as it is no longer needed, you do realize that if you leave it on you are entered into a contest to win $5k right?! Hence me leaving it on my machine.

For all of you that keep saying you are going to drop it as soon as it is no longer needed, you do realize that if you leave it on you are entered into a contest to win $5k right?! Hence me leaving it on my machine.

Nope. Never. That's just a rumor. Everyone just ignore him. Move along. :cool:

For all of you that keep saying you are going to drop it as soon as it is no longer needed, you do realize that if you leave it on you are entered into a contest to win $5k right?! Hence me leaving it on my machine.

Yes, why would you spread evil propaganda around our honorable forum, out with you! ;)

my main HDD crashed and burned 2 days ago, and now i lost the install/program for this thing.

can anyone .rar it and send it thru email/other means

i believe its only around 8mb

thanks, PM me if you can

Back