Windows Feedback Program - Free Vista/Office 2007 - UPDATE!!!

Got my confirmation today. I had an e-mail Feb 5th that I was sending no data. I had reloaded my computer. So I installed the feedback program a week ago. Today Vista Ultimate confirmation e-mail. w00T!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Got this a few days ago:

Thank you for participating in the Windows Feedback Program!

This message is to notify you that your 3 months participation term has completed, and we are getting ready to ship your product. Please allow 4-6 weeks for delivery. You will receive another email from us when shipments have gone out.

We have received many product selection changes and mailing address corrections from program participants and believe we have implemented all of those changes. Please verify that the below information is correct and notify us if you need us to make another change prior to shipping.

Your product selection:

Microsoft Windows Vista Ultimate (32-bit and 64-bit DVD)

:D

i wonder if we'll get the full retail box or just a disc sleeve OEM version?

You'll get the sleeved disc version. Though I think it might be OEM. Not sure though, haven't installed mine yet. lol.

Also, look at the package. I love how they labeled my address upside down. Lmao.

p1000941kz7.jpg

You'll get the sleeved disc version. Though I think it might be OEM. Not sure though, haven't installed mine yet. lol.

Also, look at the package. I love how they labeled my address upside down. Lmao.

If you read the little note, it does note "Each DVD has its own product key which will allow you to install and activate one RETAIL license of either the 32-bbit or 64-bit version of Windows Vista Ultimate Edition."

Now, who wants the extra copy they sent me? :cool:

Im gettin my copy of office 2007 soon :D, just got the email, and i only used the program for 1 month. hhehee

If you read the little note, it does note "Each DVD has its own product key which will allow you to install and activate one RETAIL license of either the 32-bbit or 64-bit version of Windows Vista Ultimate Edition."

Now, who wants the extra copy they sent me? :cool:

Lol. This just tells you how dedicated I am with Vista right now.

Na, I'm just kidding but nice find. Glad to know I don't have to call Microsoft's phone line to activate my copies then. :)

Yes, just to reiterate the Vista license you get will be FULL RETAIL in nature. You will not recieve retail packaging though, just DVDs in sleeves to save on postage.

Thought I would share a bit out of an email I sent to microsoft about this offer.

I am curious though if I can expect it to already include SP1 or will I need to get that separately?
Thanks for checking. Unfortunately the version with SP1 would have taken 4 additional weeks to come out of production, so we went with the version without SP1 so we can get the product to participants in a reasonable timeframe.

Hope the download won’t be such a problem. I know it’s always a big chunk, so sorry that we didn’t get to time this better.

The Windows Experience Team

Awesome! If anyone wants to send their extra copy of Vista, Ill gladly pay postage and buy ya a couple beers. ;)

hah, i'm getting two copies from the two computers i had it on. yay for vista ultimate for me! oh wait, i already have it on my media computer... FS/T here i come!? oh wait, not for resale. is there any way around that? hmm...

hah, i'm getting two copies from the two computers i had it on. yay for vista ultimate for me! oh wait, i already have it on my media computer... FS/T here i come!? oh wait, not for resale. is there any way around that? hmm...

for sale IS different than FT!

p1000941kz7.jpg

how long after you got the 4-6 week email did you receive your disks?

I could buy ya a case or three of your fav beer... In exchange for Ultimate...

Anybody start seeing their mailings yet? I'm just curious :) New build soon, and I'd prefer to go Vista out of the gate as opposed to XP then Vista.

I hope mine comes soon..... My drive is starting to act wonky and I don't want to reinstall XP on the new drive just to install Vista on it in a few days/weeks.

I too look forward to making the Vista 64-bit jump. Cannot wait to dabble with this new OS - even though my sound card ... has yet to be supported.

If anyone ends up with an extra copy of Vista (or even XP Pro) I'd be willing to trade you something for it (as you're not allowed to sell it). Feel free to PM me if you've got one laying around, I could really use it. Thanks in advance.

-Jade

So has anyone received their copies of Vista yet?

Word is they were supposed to ship out last week....

So has anyone received their copies of Vista yet?

Word is they were supposed to ship out last week....
Yea, this is taking a while. I ordered office ultimate, since all of my computers already are running Vista.

This message is to notify you that your 3 months participation term has completed, and we are getting ready to ship your product. Please allow 4-6 weeks for delivery. You will receive another email from us when shipments have gone out.

That was received on Mar.13th. 4-6 weeks would be mid to late April, plus transit time.
I wouldn't expect any discs until early May.

Historically, Microsoft used a 3rd party mail handler for mass shipping. So all of the Vista shipments will go out at approximately the same time as well as the other catagories in turn. They are slow to ship, but good about getting the merchandise to you.

My confirmation email said they would send another email out when they were about to ship the software out. So I don't expect anything in the mail until I hear from them...

That was received on Mar.13th. 4-6 weeks would be mid to late April, plus transit time.
I wouldn't expect any discs until early May.

"4 to 6 weeks" is a rather general term used in a generic manner, I'm thinking it won't be anywhere near that long. And I don't think the 'plus transit time' applies either since it clearly says "Allow 4 to 6 weeks for delivery" - in any case as evidenced by the photos earlier in this thread SOMEONE already received their Vista Ultimate from the WFP program, so I figured it wouldn't hurt to ask and see if anyone else had gotten something yet.

Hey, hey... cool down! Don't shoot the messenger! :p

The image you refer to was for a product obtained in a previous program, not this particular instance of WFP. He was just illustrating what we should expect to receive.

If we get our products quicker, GREAT!! But, I certainly wouldn't expect to get the discs before the final email!! :rolleyes:

The PowerTogether Vista Business took about a month from notification to delivery. I don't understand the stress, it will be delivered pretty soon.

im kinda stressing cause my vista only has 2 more days to activate and i dont kave a key!! i think i have one more rest but im not sure, i hope so.

im kinda stressing cause my vista only has 2 more days to activate and i dont kave a key!! i think i have one more rest but im not sure, i hope so.

You know you can extend Vista's activation period up to 120 days, right?

How? read this.

Don't think I'm being rude, but that's an awefully funny think to post here. LOL.
"I am pirating windows until I can get my free copy!"

hahahaha im in the exact same boat...i have two more rest available though so it should be fine.

Back