Windows 7 Beta Goes Public

If you have been struggling all morning trying to get your hands on the new Windows 7 beta but haven’t been able to get it (links below give “server too busy” error) I got a couple very fast direct links for you: Windows 7 beta 32-bit and Windows 7 beta 64-bit. These are straight from Microsoft and the transfer rate right now on my download is 922KB/sec.

Microsofts servers can't be that slow or overloaded to be able to download at my top speed, so dedicate a bit more bandwidth to the pages to get the key!!

where are you guys downloading from??? Err i was unlucky server too busy......... why do they have to do limited why?!

http://i44.tinypic.com/2m2i5gy.png

Only problems so far are with Creative's THX Console crashing so I can't setup my speaker config properly. And the 185.20 Nvidia drivers didn't work so I'm going to try the officals on the site. But I like it so far.

haha i left for a half hour after getting constant "Server is Busy Errors" only to come back and get a "We are sorry, the page you requested cannot be found." And this is after i Choose my language for x86 and click download...

Anyone else having this problem?

Looks like its over from the start page selection English for 64 or 86 simply leads no where. I had gotten to the fill in info page but the servers are either down or the downloads are finished..

I got to filling into my info.. after logging into Microsoft Live - but I couldn't get anywhere after that.

Once Windows 7 is done and on the shelves, will there be any reason to go with 32 bit over 64 bit? Why can't they release only a 64 bit version? I haven't thought too deep into that but I'm going 64 with this, for the futures sake.

You do not need a key to install it right away, but you will eventually need one. So, download it and install it for now. I am sure that MS will have the key issue sorted out within the next 30 days!

Once Windows 7 is done and on the shelves, will there be any reason to go with 32 bit over 64 bit? Why can't they release only a 64 bit version? I haven't thought too deep into that but I'm going 64 with this, for the futures sake.

Netbooks are still 32 bit only, unfortunately.

Yeah.. I agree about releasing a 64bit only.

I picked up Vista Ultimate 32-bit at my University for $15 or something like that - I asked for the 64bit edition, but they said the University IT Service had to install it for me.. so I would have to lug my tower all the way over to ITS and it was too much hassle, so I bought the 64-bit edition.

I hope I am able to purchase Win 7 for as cheap, and hopefully the 64bit edition with no problems.

If you have been struggling all morning trying to get your hands on the new Windows 7 beta but haven’t been able to get it (links below give “server too busy” error) I got a couple very fast direct links for you: Windows 7 beta 32-bit and Windows 7 beta 64-bit. These are straight from Microsoft and the transfer rate right now on my download is 922KB/sec.

Thank you sir! Im downloading now but how do I get an activation key ?

what i think he is saying is that if thousands (or millions) tried to DL a linux distro from the same place at the same time we would see the same problems

Mmm, sorry about that, I read it too fast because a new match in CoD4 was starting. :p

Someone just mentioned Creative drivers. Good god, I hope they don't have too many problems on Win7. I wish I could toss this POS creative card out, but I need the optical input. :(

Looks like it's going to be a while. It says "Coming Soon" on the site now.

:rolleyes:

Yeah lets completely ignore the fact that there aren't thousands or millions of people getting Linux at the same time.

I am downloading the beta now via torrent and its 300kBS. I can't even log on to MS. torrent would have been MUCH better way to distribute this.

Is there a key that's required? if so, where would I get that..? I've been able to download the iso from the direct link on the front page, but....

I am downloading the beta now via torrent and its 300kBS. I can't even log on to MS. torrent would have been MUCH better way to distribute this.

I'm also downloading it rapidly, but via Microsoft's DLService website. It's not their downloading that's the problem. It's their sign-up and survey page that's taking a beating.

First they catch on and the direct link download is stopped at about 50%, now the page reads "Windows® 7 Beta coming soon!"

Balls

I already downloaded via torrent. Just want the activation key... they could have distribute it via torrent. It would be much faster for us and a lot cheaper (bandwidth cost) for then.

Mmm, sorry about that, I read it too fast because a new match in CoD4 was starting. :p

Someone just mentioned Creative drivers. Good god, I hope they don't have too many problems on Win7. I wish I could toss this POS creative card out, but I need the optical input. :(

The X-FI drivers will install, but you need to right click them and set compatibility mode = Vista first. It doesn't recognize the build for W7 and just quits the installer, no problems with the driver though if you make it thing you're installing on Vista.

Couldn't you all have waited to start downloading?!?!?!!1 Now my download's gone from 2mbs to 1.3 :(

lol :D

Back