• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Windows 7 Beta Goes Public

What is aggravating to me is that Microsoft could easily multiply the capacity of their servers by 10 and not even feel the financial strain of it.
 
Once again the Linux world is way ahead. How many distros use torrents for distributions? How many Windows versions use torrents for distributions?

Get with the times Microsoft!
 
Unless the public version is different then the one on msdn you do not need a key to install it. There is a 30 day grace period just like in Vista.
 
I bet it will still be available tonight. I might give up and try later.

This is what I am thinking. I figure in college on the night of signing up for classes, when everyone was rushing to sign up before slots were full it always killed the servers like this. I was sleeping easy and everyone else was trying to get to type in their 4 digit codes.

Next morning at 7 when i got up the servers were always snappy and all the classes I needed still had a spot or 12 to sign up.
2.5 million is a big number. I couldn't imagine them all getting snatched up in the first couple hours.

 
god the server to busy page takes no time at all to load. Bastards.
 
Unless the public version is different then the one on msdn you do not need a key to install it. There is a 30 day grace period just like in Vista.

Dont know about you, but I dont want to re install every 30 days, or use some timebomb hack
 
its going very slowly for me no 'server too busy' pages...yet....
 
Error

The site is currently experiencing technical difficulties, please check back in the next business day.

lulz nvm...
 
What is aggravating to me is that Microsoft could easily multiply the capacity of their servers by 10 and not even feel the financial strain of it.

yeah they should totally increase server capacity for the one or two times a year when added capacity would actually be useful

:rolleyes:
 
Whaaaaaaaaaaaa whaaaaaaaaaaaaa whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa you whiners, geez. Get over it...

It's not like this wasn't unexpected, sheesh. If you get it you get it, great, move on, nothing for you to see or whine about. If you don't, shut up and be patient, you'll get it. It's not like you can't run it for 4 months without a key at all or something... <hint, hint>

Hell, at this point I wouldn't be surprised if it was RTM by April anyway.
 
well, if I jump threw all of the hoops, and get the "try again the next business day" message, am I guaranteed that I am one of the 2.5 mill?
 
yeah they should totally increase server capacity for the one or two times a year when added capacity would actually be useful

:rolleyes:

How dare you put logic and reason before the needs of an individual who isn't even paying for anything!


So this is weird; I did a search for Windows 7 on TPB to get a jump on the software download, and I got results just fine the first time but after checking one torrent and trying to go back to the search results, it shows no results no matter what I try (re-doing search, using FF3, IE7, clearing cache). Oh well, I guess I'll have to *gasp* wait a few hours :p
 
my x64 torrent is cruising along. still trying to get a legit key though through the beta release.
 
So assuming it's available on bittorrent, we just need to get on the MS site to get our keys?
 
So this is weird; I did a search for Windows 7 on TPB to get a jump on the software download, and I got results just fine the first time but after checking one torrent and trying to go back to the search results, it shows no results no matter what I try (re-doing search, using FF3, IE7, clearing cache). Oh well, I guess I'll have to *gasp* wait a few hours :p

+1.... that was weird,,, good thin I downloaded the .torrent file last night and is on my HDD :D
 
Error
The site is currently experiencing technical difficulties, please check back in the next business day.

crap. I wonder if I should keep trying it?
 
Once again the Linux world is way ahead. How many distros use torrents for distributions? How many Windows versions use torrents for distributions?

Get with the times Microsoft!

Took the words right out of my mouth. I would be more than willing to share my bandwidth to help seed this, but instead M$ decided to stay in the 20th century and foot the entire bandwidth bill themselves. lol. instead there are thousands of us that Microsoft is wasting our time trying to download this for "free". (not really free since it is coming out of our "collective wallet") :p
 
they could have added 25 new servers and new connections and probably still had the same issue. I use connect to get other betas and there are probably 5000 post on there of people asking to be beta testers.

There really isn't much you can do when 2 million people try to download 5GB ISOs from your site at the same time.

As for why you have to go through so many steps. Maybe to help keep the average person from downloading it, if you go through all of those screens then you are going to be sure that you want it. I'm still trying to get through but so far the only screen I have seen is the standard name, profession.. that they always ask for any beta download.
 
Took the words right out of my mouth. I would be more than willing to share my bandwidth to help seed this, but instead M$ decided to stay in the 20th century and foot the entire bandwidth bill themselves. lol. instead there are thousands of us that Microsoft is wasting our time trying to download this for "free". (not really free since it is coming out of our "collective wallet") :p

:rolleyes:

Yeah lets completely ignore the fact that there aren't thousands or millions of people getting Linux at the same time.
 
Back
Top