• A Great friend to the HardForum with a great kid that he is trying to get a scholorship to continue his schooling. Please give hime a vote! Only 24 hours left! Thanks.
    If you have an VOTE FOR KEENAN!

Windows 7 Beta Goes Public

Sorry, I meant to actually say 4 gigs not 5. But I guess that even that is larger than what it is. I haven't gotten to the point where I could download it so I wasn't sure of the exact size. But still my point is that when you have a large group of people trying to download large files all at the same time you are going to have networking issues.
 
Sorry, I meant to actually say 4 gigs not 5. But I guess that even that is larger than what it is. I haven't gotten to the point where I could download it so I wasn't sure of the exact size. But still my point is that when you have a large group of people trying to download large files all at the same time you are going to have networking issues.

Is that for the x86 of x64 version?
 
This reminds me of when I used to work in the car business and we'd have speciality events. A few times a year, we'd give away a car which was usually a $1500 beater. We'd have thousands of people show up. Those that won were pissed that it wasn't a brand new car and those that showed up and didn't win were pissed that we didn't give them anything. Funny thing is that it worked the same for sales; the most profitable customers were the happiest while those we lost money on to make a deal would be the loudest complainers.
 
x64 was 3.15, i didnt bother with x86


3349344791233525272.jpg
 
so is this XP 2.0? lol
 
:rolleyes:

Yeah lets completely ignore the fact that there aren't thousands or millions of people getting Linux at the same time.

What, are you insane? You think thousands (completely let alone millions) of people are downloading Linux at the same time?
 
I love MSDN. I was getting the Server Busy crap going this route. Tried loggin' in through MSDN and it's now DL'ing the x64 DVD.

Think dual booting will blow up my Vx64 box?
 
What, are you insane? You think thousands (completely let alone millions) of people are downloading Linux at the same time?

what i think he is saying is that if thousands (or millions) tried to DL a linux distro from the same place at the same time we would see the same problems
 
msdn/technet subs are well worth the $. Especially when work pays for them! d/loading from msdn at 180K atm.
 
edit: I'm confused on why they don't have some sort of Queue system like Ticketmaster or some of the other online ticket vendors use.
 
NOO i woke up at 7Am then saw it was at 12 noon CA so i went back to sleep for an hour .... then 12pm CA time server is too busy........................................ screw u ms lol why didnt i check H in the first place..... arrgh .... so now ill have to wait till the product releases.. nooooo
 
Ars... the official release is noon pst

Well it's 12:05PM PST and...

"Error

The site is currently experiencing technical difficulties, please check back in the next business day."

Damn, and I have to leave for work in 15 minutes...
 
So some of you were actually able to get it going the normal route?

Farthest I have gotten yet either with the x32 or x64 version is to the page that wants my info. I click for it to go to the next page and I get an error. :(
 
So some of you were actually able to get it going the normal route?

Farthest I have gotten yet either with the x32 or x64 version is to the page that wants my info. I click for it to go to the next page and I get an error. :(

I was able to get a link to get my x64 key but I keep getting that error message in my last post. "Check back the next business day." :mad:

My luck I'll be able to get there after work tonight but there won't be any serials left...
 
same here ...hopefully we can at least get the key ..d'loading via torrent right now
 
I'm pretty sure the key will be shown to you on the download page ... which is the page that isn't working :)
 
Well I was hitting 1.61MB a sec (16Mb Comcast Business) and then it hung.....
 
New links working ...cancelled my torrent download since I'm getting 1.7mb/s - also 16mbps comcast. Now for the key....
 
Back
Top