- Joined
- Dec 2, 2004
- Messages
- 32,951
Just use 23h2 until the newer one's issues are sorted out?I'll give it one more reformat, but if it's the same I'll have to retreat back to 10 again.
Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.
Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.
Just use 23h2 until the newer one's issues are sorted out?I'll give it one more reformat, but if it's the same I'll have to retreat back to 10 again.
Three gripes from 24H2...
1) I always put a settings icon on the taskbar. On every system receiving the update, the settings icon got removed. I was able to re-add it to the taskbars, though.
2) Cut / copy / paste got changed around a good bit. It's minor annoyance.
3) My PCI-e wireless adapter, which uses an Intel AC 7260 chipset, lost its functionality.
It could still see and connect to wireless networks, but each time it resulted in "no internet available." I couldn't even call up the web page for my wireless hub.
Installing an old Windows 10 driver got things back to normal, but makes me wonder if the next update will cripple it again...
I also read a forum dealing with Adobe photo products. Lots of people on that forum are Mac users, and they also have their own issues.Experiences like this makes me glad I switched to the M4 Pro Mac Mini but just at home.
I also read a forum dealing with Adobe photo products. Lots of people on that forum are Mac users, and they also have their own issues.
Just use 23h2 until the newer one's issues are sorted out?
I hear you man. At home I did all sorts of construction-trade repar work, like plumbing, electrical (wiring, celing lights, subpanel with breakers) etc, because at work I "drove" a keyboard and mouse.If they actually bother to sort them out. Now, maybe, if this is an issue that occurs on a corporate level, it may get fixed quickly but using it at home, good luck.
They already have a “ChromeOS.” It’s Windows “S mode” and it sucks ass.We all know the reality is Windows will go ChromeOS style for the next release after next. Thank god I'll be retired by then.
Have you seen their new 'thin client' PCs?They already have a “ChromeOS.” It’s Windows “S mode” and it sucks ass.
To a degree we're in a "you get what you pay for" scenario. I haven't paid for a copy of Windows in a dozen years. I bet most of us haven't. They're making their money off group licenses, 365, and data mining, so they don't give a damn about individual OS users.
Yeah its time they gave Home away for free and charged say $20 for a Pro license.
I was using keys off old Windows 7 laptops I found around for years.
I haven't even needed to do that. I'm cruising on the same 'ol 2009 upgrade license from Windows 7. I got it for something like $15 since my old company qualified for education discounts. Windows 8, 10, and 11 have been free upgrades if you had a 7 license. With 10 and 11, they even worked as a super-easy clean install thanks to the license being tied to your MS account. No need to call in to MS for a long-ass code or any hassle at all. It's one of the few things that have gotten much better in recent years.
24H2 is buggy. Windows is buggy. It's not getting any better. Microsoft seriously sucks. I don't know why their QC blows so hard.I tried the update again to 24H2, but again several of my games did not run or simply put they never even started. I also noticed that I have a folder on my desktop that contains about a dozen of icons for games, and when I open the folder, it takes several seconds for the icons to be displayed. I even deleted the icon cache file, but it's still the same. I rolled back to 23H2 and everything is working perfectly. Might have to wait 6 months before all the issues are ironed out. WTF MS?
What happened? Microsoft used to have an army of testers who would do a mix of manual and automated testing to help ensure the quality of the product. In 2014 they were all fired. Their strategy for testing Windows is now three fold:- Devs are expected to test their own code now- There is now a program where customers can use beta builds of Win10 and report issues- MS relies on telemetry to find and fix issues24H2 is buggy. Windows is buggy. It's not getting any better. Microsoft seriously sucks. I don't know why their QC blows so hard.