What are you nerds playing this weekend?

Black desert is releasing Striker tomorrow... Time to gear up

Fallout 4 is on sale this weekend! Picked it up Thursday night, and have played it 14 hours since then. Yeah, it seems pretty good so far. No complaints yet, except some of the interior maps are really convoluted and don't do a good job of telling you where to go. I had one instance where I was supposed to wipe out some raiders in an old car factory, and I wandered around that place for over an hour trying to find the last of the enemies to kill - finally gave up and watched a play-through on YT to figure out where I missed a turn in the building. I really feel like they should have a better map or way-point system to get around situations like that.

I do like how they improved the shooter mechanics in FO4 over 3. VATS is no longer required as much, and I've been playing most of the game as a straight-up shooter (with a lot of melee mixed in to save ammo). In FO4 VATS is more just for trick-shots where you want to queue up a bunch of shots to hit multiple enemies in rapid fire. Nice improvement that takes care of most of what I didn't like in FO3.

Not sure yet how I feel about the base-building aspects of the game, seems kindof pointless in a single-player game, but I generally enjoy creative building type options, so I'm sure I'll get into that at some point as I play through.

I haven't played much lately; in-fact very sporadically but if you love cop dramas then Battlefield Hardline actually has a pretty enjoyable campaign. Been jumping in and out of that game for the past week.

I started playing Infestation: The NewZ, a free to play game on steam about 4 weeks ago, very addictive game with progress benefits and ingame currency/trading.

It is a post zombie apocalyptic survival PVP game with elements of Player Unknown in it, or Player unknown has elements of NewZ's Battle Royale in it

Prey and Tokyo 42 for me this weekend (assuming I get any time to play...)

Finished Last of Us (ps4 ) this past weekend.. absolutely great game.. first game I've played all the way through since the original Unreal.
Will possibly revisit Watchdogs or Uncharted series.. or who knows.. maybe something on the PC

Finished up ME:A...didn't like the Remnant Parts underground...thought the side/loyalty missions were the most fun. Started Horizon Zero Dawn...got through the fist intro, seems pretty fun. Either I am getting old or the aiming is a little difficult.

I am giving Witcher 3 another chance to WOW! me. Started a new game, haven't touched it in months. Trying hard to see a glimpse of the magic so many others experience playing this game. Just got done with "Wandering in the Dark" That is the quest along with the blonde sorceress in the underground ruins.

When I need some excitement, I switch over to Nioh. Just made it to level 100 on my first playthrough. Weeks of playing to get this far. Still have not beaten the game. I am afraid to check how many hours this has taken. Close to 170.

Finished up ME:A...didn't like the Remnant Parts underground...thought the side/loyalty missions were the most fun. Started Horizon Zero Dawn...got through the fist intro, seems pretty fun. Either I am getting old or the aiming is a little difficult.

Combat in Horizon is a challenge for me because there is no lock on ability. Things got squirrely when more than two enemies were in the fray. I had to do a lot of shooting while dodging and running. Makes aiming difficult.

Okay got 12 hours in Horizon enjoying the hell out of it...really pulling me in and has not become repetitious or old. Started on Hard difficulty....perhaps a little added challenge is making the game more interesting.

Played 3 hours last night on World of Warships with a buddy. Fun game...hadn't played since January...I was rusty.

Finished the surge, now revisiting lords of the fallen. I had not actually finished it last time. This time playing a warrior instead of a rogue. The class is just much more effective.

Played a couple of hours of Darksiders yesterday, since Steam had both on sale for $10. It's alright, so far. It's pretty obviously a direct port from the Xbox to Windows, so it doesn't seem to gain much in the translation, but it's at least a well done port.

ME andromeda. I played ME 1 and 2, but this feels alot more tedious. Not sure I will see it through.

ME andromeda. I played ME 1 and 2, but this feels alot more tedious. Not sure I will see it through.

Power through the boring parts....honestly the side/loyalty missions were the best part of the game, I had fun. The humorous dialogue was fun to anticipate from the main character throughout the game and missions.

Just picked up Die Young today and it's actually really worth the $13. It's like a mixture of ark and tombraider. Has it's issues but surprisingly has a good 5+ hours of story gameplay for being early access.

Finished Trails in the Sky first chapter, replaying the game now to finish off the last achievements (yes, I am one of those), but goddamn it the other Ultimate weapon is a PITA.

Looking forward to playing Trails in the Sky SC.

To be honest, I am actually looking forward to more XSEED releases now.

i got all the payday 2 dlc on sale so i am going get that up and running again and try the new heists, put a lot of time into it at launch and i am hoping for some improvements and better maps

Playing Morrowind DLC in ESO this weekend if I get the time.

I may fire up Far Cry 4 and mess with the map editor a bit too. Gotta get some more practice in for when FC5 comes out.

Player Unknown Battlegrounds. I can't stop playing this damn game for some reason.

Well, I completely ignored all of the games that I'm in the middle of right now for the weekend. I finally started up Shovel Knight as Specter Knight, and couldn't put it down. I'd say I'm about half way through it at this point. I like the silly variety of the original Shovel Knight campaign just a touch more (sillier people in the towns, the fishing, the Trupple King (sp?) and all that) but this campaign is insanely excellent! I had trouble getting into the Plague Knight campaign (will definitely go back through it) but Specter of Torment is amazing. I highly recommend it to anyone who liked any aspect of Shovel Knight. I started playing it on the Wii U, but decided to start over and play on the 3DS, because it's one of the best looking 3DS 3D implementations I've seen. Definitely my platform of choice. (I have the game on both of those and in Steam :D ) Anyway, that took up all the game time I had this weekend. It was definitely worth putting my other games on hold for. (Prey, Thimbleweed Park, Tokyo 42, etc.)

I am having WAY more fun with Airport Madness 3D than I should be. Who would have though such a simple premise and the control being the mouse would be so fun?

The Witcher III: Wild Hunt
Far Cry: Primal
Shadows of Mordor
South Park: The Stick of Truth

All thanks to the Steam Summer Sale

The Witcher III: Wild Hunt
Far Cry: Primal
Shadows of Mordor
South Park: The Stick of Truth

All thanks to the Steam Summer Sale

I'm playing through the Mordor addons as well, thanks to the ps sale. Gotta get ready for the sequel.

About 6 hours or so into Hallow Knight. I think I can get pretty close to beating it this weekend so long as I don't have to work a lot of OT.

GTA V Saturday and Sunday 8 am til midnight. I am a member of the [H] crew on there. Needing some help gunrunning if anyone is interested\

Back