Watch Dogs

Ubisoft like many other companies show and promise stuff they can't deliver! That's why I don't pre-order anymore, I just wait and see how the final product turns out.

Example? Most stuff they released is spot on. If you were expecting that on console then you should've expected that on a $400-$500 piece of hardware

y5l6.png

That's what I'm talking about. GTA4 graphics right there. Just terrible.

That's what I'm talking about. GTA4 graphics right there. Just terrible.

Can we please stop with this nonsense? It's not GTA4 level graphics, seriously. I've said it before, stop judging the overall graphic fidelity based on videos.

Here's a cleaner shot from the gamersyde video (which while better quality I'm sure isn't close to what it actually looks like.

tUVbssD.jpg

Can we please stop with this nonsense? It's not GTA4 level graphics, seriously. I've said it before, stop judging the overall graphic fidelity based on videos.

Here's a cleaner shot from the gamersyde video (which while better quality I'm sure isn't close to what it actually looks like.

You are right. GTA4 actually looks BETTER with a decent ENB.

AD2ABB67B0566AC1F6B96556DA91233874DFAF34

Or just on par with just a HD texture pack.

maxresdefault.jpg

I would argue that even those shots look kinda shitty. Look at the buildings and the far off trees. Look at the textures and other car models(not to mention the main cars in the pics).

Also, why even bother trying to compare a modded version to a game that isn't out yet?

The only thing in question here is the odd discrepancies with their footage. Some of it looks great while some other stuff looks not as great.

I would argue that even those shots look kinda shitty. Look at the buildings and the far off trees. Look at the textures and other car models(not to mention the main cars in the pics).

Also, why even bother trying to compare a modded version to a game that isn't out yet?

The only thing in question here is the odd discrepancies with their footage. Some of it looks great while some other stuff looks not as great.

I think they look shitty too. Just as shitty as Watch Dogs in 2014.

Example? Most stuff they released is spot on. If you were expecting that on console then you should've expected that on a $400-$500 piece of hardware

I kinda think Ubisoft was hoping the new generation of equipment would allow them to do what they showed. It wasn't until they got their hands on the equipment that they had a "wtf is this?" moment. The new equipment was kind of a step sideways .. "so we can do just a tad more than we could on the PS3/360, but with less power usage and integrated TV?"

I realize most shots coming out are likely not PC shots. I'm just hoping all of what we saw still remains for the PC users to turn it up a notch.

Hmmm first example I am alive.
I never stated what I expected on the console or pc. I simply stated like many other companies, Ubisoft shows and promise stuff they can't deliver.

Last edited:

Those aren't the best ENB screenshots, how about these instead:

13023553025_d175c4dd27_o.jpg

13023712313_0047089510_o.jpg

13067354325_beff30e2e1_h.jpg

13067411963_c7a3d0ef77_h.jpg

13117636673_af08a3cf6c_h.jpg

13171628154_1100eab996_h.jpg

Hmmm first example I am alive.
I never stated what I expected on the console or pc. I simply stated like many other companies, Ubisoft shows and promise stuff they can't deliver.

What did they show beforehand? The game looked the same to me when they announced it.

Those aren't the best ENB screenshots, how about these instead:

You missed the point, but that's OK. Any game can look good heavily modded. The point was he was saying how Watch_Dogs looked like GTA4 graphics, which is complete and utter bullshit.

People were saying the same shit about Second Son and look at it. It's fucking great and plays great. You guys make it seem like they just took a shit on the BMW you never even test drove.

I really hope this game amounts to more than Assasin's Creed with a baseball hat.

I was really looking forward to Ubisoft's Person of Interest fanfic game. I really hope the graphics don't end up as bad as people are saying.

Their wind simulation is interesting, but it clearly violates the Navier-Stokes equations. I demand a refund! ;)

It's 720p on YouTube here:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WsCt8Yf2emo

Spoiler alert, it's hideous.
I think GTA 4 has better graphics than this.

Looks about on par with Sleeping Dogs, which isn't a bad thing because Sleeping Dogs looked great....its just not the next-gen visual extravaganza that Ubi wanted everyone to believe it would be based on the E3 2012 video. At this point their dogmatic denials of any downgrade is just hilariously sad.

People were saying the same shit about Second Son and look at it. It's fucking great and plays great. You guys make it seem like they just took a shit on the BMW you never even test drove.

I doubt anyone would have been saying that in this PC specific sub-forum seeing as its a PS4 exclusive game, but Second Son is without a doubt far more visually spectacular than any of the recent Watch Dogs trailers. That isn't surprising seeing as it didn't need to accommodate the lowest common denominator superseded console hardware.

Also the issue has nothing to do with whether the game is great to play, its a question of whether its acceptable for devs/publishers to pass off grossly misleading footage as being indicative of the final product in order to drum up pre-order hype.

I doubt anyone would have been saying that in this PC specific sub-forum seeing as its a PS4 exclusive game, but Second Son is without a doubt far more visually spectacular than any of the recent Watch Dogs trailers. That isn't surprising seeing as it didn't need to accommodate the lowest common denominator superseded console hardware.

Also the issue has nothing to do with whether the game is great to play, its a question of whether its acceptable for devs/publishers to pass off grossly misleading footage as being indicative of the final product in order to drum up pre-order hype.

I don't understand why anyone preorders any games. It's not like there's ever really a shortage of games. Hardware I understand, but games? It's just stupid to me. This is all assuming you haven't had a chance to play a demo or beta as they call them now. :)

But the umbrellas are glossy. Obviously superior.

There's rainwater on them, and it reflects the lights right next to(above) them.

I was not impressed by the size of Infamous' world. It's actually quite small, but I can understand why they did it, at least I think I know why. There's also not a whole lot going on to be honest. One could argue that Watch_Dogs is looking to do a lot more and have a much bigger world, plus being on what, 6 different platforms simultaneously.

On the graphics quality scale, the people fall somewhere between GTA San Andreas and GTA IV. I really hope that's the 360 version.

r9PaKPi.jpg

Yeah lets take an already compressed (to hell) shot and make it larger!

Also, That video is PS4 footage, confirmed by Ubisoft.

Quote from that website about the video being taken down:
Important notice: If you're looking for PC footage of watchdogs, we had to remove the video due to a complain by Ubisoft. As for now we are red-editing the video and make a correct labeling Which is "PS4 Devit footage". Not PC. But what did not our fault Because we had the information did the footage Actually IS PC. As soon as the new video is approved by Ubisoft we're reposting the video under the original URL.

Here's a gif just for kicks
untitled_385_by_dennisk4-d7cq5at.gif

Blizzard uses completely cinematic trailers for their games along with hundreds of other games have done in the past. Now with the advant of video streaming technology people are demanding gameplay footage so they can meticulously view each frame. Well there you go, it's not indicative of the final product neither. Reserve judgement for the final product.

Blizzard uses completely cinematic trailers for their games along with hundreds of other games have done in the past. Now with the advant of video streaming technology people are demanding gameplay footage so they can meticulously view each frame. Well there you go, it's not indicative of the final product neither. Reserve judgement for the final product.

A trailer is usually suppose to show the final product. I expect some change but never game changing

Yeah, top of /r/games right now (thank god)

http://www.dsogaming.com/news/repor...om-watch_dogs-is-actually-from-the-ps4-build/

Good to see accurate information getting spread.

I also can't resist posting this(from NeoGAF):

Originally Posted by sjay1994
Not to mention that in the e3 demos for Watch Dogs, it was always wet. So light was reflecting everywhere. Since the re announce with a new release date, they haven't shown wet surfaces.
In fact, a lot of reflections are innaccurate and shadows are missing in 2012 reveal. But you know, it's 2012 and people memories and emotions are strong.

watch_dog-1587h2.gif

No reflections for car lights on the road.
No reflections for ceiling lights of gas station.
No shadows for the car into the gas station.

A trailer is usually suppose to show the final product. I expect some change but never game changing

Which trailer? The teaser, the first reveal trailer, the gameplay trailer, the next gameplay trailer, the cinematic gameplay trailer, the features trailer, the final trailer, the final final trailer, the launch trailer, the tv spots leading up to and after game launch?

Back