• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Venice rumors here please!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd never heard of them. People told me to use ZipZoom and NewEgg. Thanks for your help.
 
there is a good chance that monarch will be the first US reseller to actually have the venice A64's..why you ask?...because monarch is an Athlon 64 launch partner with amd
 
cell_491 said:
there is a good chance that monarch will be the first US reseller to actually have the venice A64's..why you ask?...because monarch is an Athlon 64 launch partner with amd
I'm just learning about AMD. No one ever told me this information (supposed computer savvy friends). Since they are a launch partner, I'm cancelling my order w/NCIX now. No point in dealing w/shipping through canadain customs. Plus Monarch is 6 hours away from me, under 400 miles.
 
They're out of FL or GA or thereabouts. Okay to use but not my first choice.

I kinda doubt Monarch will be getting it significantly in advance from anyone else, they're just actually fessing up about when they expect delivery.
 
That Monarch box doesn't have any mention of SSE3 and the box code doesn't have BP in it. Its a Newcastle they're restocking for some reason?
 
Manufacturer Part Number: ADA3800DEP4AW

that's definitly a newcastle.. but then again, if they don't have the parts, they don't know what the opn is yet. monarch needs to do a better job getting the specs on their website
 
Does anyone know what the retail US pricing will be like? If I can get that 3500 for under $350 I may get it.
 
well ncix has the 3500+ for $328 usd and they price gouge horribly so you should be able to get a 3500+ for under $300
 
is it actually in stock, or still preorder?

and carnitine: did you ever figure out what the deal was with the power, or are you just gonna accept the numbers as they are?
 
so i took my 939 winnie and popped it in my gf's shuttle. I'm without a pc till the venice decides to sell :(
 
Yeap but it kinda works out ok, I now will finally RMA my CRT for the 3rd time and finals are around the corner. This will keep me focused on school and my gf.

I'll still be on at work, I just gotta work twice as hard because I'll only have half a day to post now :(

and damn (cf)eclipse your posting like crazy
 
yeah, girls are important. i hope you two are doing better :)
and hopefully venice will show up sooner than later

yeah, i'm bored. haha :rolleyes:
tonight's a spam night ;)
 
girls are very high maitenence!!! at least my gf is...
every day that passes by, 50% of the day is with her, and about 35% here, and 10% gaming, 5% school :(

holy crap, 32 pages non sticky, at least half the pages = useless junk. pretty much just a chatroom now hahaha, completly off topic.
 
xWhiteboy55 said:
uhh--whens it coming out

Why dont you read this monstrosity of a thread? ;)

It's "out" now, but retailers will have it for sale in the next week or two.
 
you know what's bad? this thread has more views than the FAQ sticky. i think that says something.. bad too

and yeah, retailers should be getting ahold of them within a week or two.
 
Specialist[X] said:
girls are very high maitenence!!! at least my gf is...
every day that passes by, 50% of the day is with her, and about 35% here, and 10% gaming, 5% school :(

holy crap, 32 pages non sticky, at least half the pages = useless junk. pretty much just a chatroom now hahaha, completly off topic.
:eek: 5% schoool? what a waste. i say reduce [h] to 10% and drop the other 25% towards school.
 
haha, but what if [H] is your school? i know i probably learn more things here than i do in class.. and some of this stuff is actually relevant to what i want to do later on. ;)
 
The previously mentioned Swedish retailer now have a price on the Venice 3500+ which is 2650SEK .. the delta to their Winchester is 200SEK, or about $28. Remember, this includes our 25% VAT.

I think we can be pretty sure that any price-hike on these processors will be very short term and relatively minor.
 
eloj said:
I think we can be pretty sure that any price-hike on these processors will be very short term and relatively minor.

agreed. From what I've seen processor updates filter out of the channel fast, whether it's AMD or Intel. Well, except for NCIX and the 3500+ Newcastle->Winchester. I hope they learned from that :mad:
 
Ok, so the day the Venice's DO hit the shelves, how difficult is it going to be to get one? Is it going to be like tickets going on sale for the concert everyone wants to see, sold out in minutes?
 
winchester is D0

venice is E3
san diego is E4

and i don't forsee any availibility issues. i could be wrong though ;)
 
Im gonna wait for the dual cores. then we will see a jump - both my next Mac and my next PC are gonna be dual core. I'll just wait until they are shipping and the price has dropped a bit. Prolly wont be getting new machines until last quarter of 2005, but thats OK.

all the AGP ------> PCI-Ex changeover will be gone by then and the standards will have settled down for another few years. Buying a PC right in the middle of rapid standards change thruout the industry, like right now, is a good way to obsolete your stuff quicker than otherwise.
 
eloj said:
The previously mentioned Swedish retailer now have a price on the Venice 3500+ which is 2650SEK .. the delta to their Winchester is 200SEK, or about $28. Remember, this includes our 25% VAT.

I think we can be pretty sure that any price-hike on these processors will be very short term and relatively minor.


2650SEK= $373.59USD

I hope it will be a little less than that here.
 
o but it's fun :D

you can always sell your oldstuff to people who know or don't know about hardware.

But you will loose a bit of money.
 
Yeah, but a 3500+ can be had for less elsewhere over here, I was just trying to direct your attention to the price delta between the venice and winchester.

Buggy identifies 2150SEK as a possible low for a 3500+ ... if we less the 25% VAT I'm sure we're not too far from the american prices. I won't bother doing the calculation, but I did once for harddrives and the difference was negligible.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top