• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Venice rumors here please!

Status
Not open for further replies.
i have a feeling that retail will make it before oem, but i've never really paid attention to that in the past, so i'm not certain.
 
I'd think OEM before Retail, although that might not be the same way around for the consumer market. Probably at or near the same time.
 
(cf)Eclipse said:
i have a feeling that retail will make it before oem, but i've never really paid attention to that in the past, so i'm not certain.

Hopefully oem comes out with the initial release because I have my zalman hsf, dfi nf4 ultra and x800xl just sitting here!!! Im sure it will be well worth the wait though ;) .
 
I'd like to save some cash though on an oem because I already have a heatsink. But at this rate i might just buy it as soon as I see on for sale. :D The wait for venice is torturing our souls...please online vendors rid us of this burden and put the venice for sale!!!
 
Well how hard will the San Diegos get binned do U think? Will there be any headroom to oc on a 3700? Im seriously considering holdin off on my Venice and get the San Diego instead...

Btw I saw yesterday in "Computer Bild" (a German bad computer magazine) that *thinking, trying to remember, checking* Fujitsu Siemens has a 3700+ for sale...

What is this?
http://www1.conrad.de/scripts/wgate...lb_user_js=Y&shop=B2C&p_init_ipc=X&~cookies=1
 
Frallan said:
Well how hard will the San Diegos get binned do U think? Will there be any headroom to oc on a 3700? Im seriously considering holdin off on my Venice and get the San Diego instead...

Btw I saw yesterday in "Computer Bild" (a German bad computer magazine) that *thinking, trying to remember, checking* Fujitsu Siemens has a 3700+ for sale...

What is this?
http://www1.conrad.de/scripts/wgate...lb_user_js=Y&shop=B2C&p_init_ipc=X&~cookies=1

This is foreign Language :D
OH crap, I am starting to give non-related thread there.....I better stop doing it.
 
Every time I see this thread pop up in my CP I'm thinking "Woohoo! Frenzy on the Egg!" and then I'm like "Goddamnit it's not even anything new..." :rolleyes:
 
holycpu said:
This is foreign Language :D
OH crap, I am starting to give non-related thread there.....I better stop doing it.

Yupp but the pic. is there for everyone to read and i think 3700+ is spelled the same in German and English ;) LoL....
 
I'm too lazy to check if this has been mentioned already, but nice lady at Newegg that I was pestering about my Soyo rebate woes among other things, told me Newegg doesn't do pre-orders ever, for those that 1) care, and 2) didn't already know. It'll be on their site when it gets in, and until then the phone people probably won't know jack about it.
 
ashmedai said:
I'm too lazy to check if this has been mentioned already, but nice lady at Newegg that I was pestering about my Soyo rebate woes among other things, told me Newegg doesn't do pre-orders ever, for those that 1) care, and 2) didn't already know. It'll be on their site when it gets in, and until then the phone people probably won't know jack about it.

Yep....newegg has never done preorders or let you order things out of stock. There phone people also, as you said, are idiots. It you want any real indication as to when someone will have them, call Monarch. They are small enough that people there know what the hell they are talking about. So far they havent been able to give a date, but they have atleast been helpful enough to explain why they dont have them yet.
 
Viper87227 said:
but they have atleast been helpful enough to explain why they dont have them yet.

Heard anything better than "they've been shipped and we'll sell you one when they get here" yet?
 
ashmedai said:
Heard anything better than "they've been shipped and we'll sell you one when they get here" yet?
what might be the price level of a 3000+? $160-$200?

don't hit me
 
Qwertyman said:
what might be the price level of a 3000+? $160-$200?

don't hit me

Yeah something like that. Probably closer to the $160 though.

Think they'd pass 'em out if we go picket AMD headquarters or maybe one of the Newegg warehouses?
 
#19

should be the same, plus some vendor inflation. the first ones appear to be gouging pretty bad, but i don't think it'll be more than 5-15% more than what winchesters are now after everything settles down
 
SlingXShot said:
If stores preorder venice, venice will preorder stores!

WTF dude, again? It's not funny on Slashdot, and it's not funny here, especially if you do it over and over in the same thread.
 
SlingXShot said:
its legal to post for me, I am russian.

I don't care where you live, it's not funny. When Smirnoff did it, it was funny. When a few thousand forum junkies with no sense of humor on Slashdot et al did it over and fucking over, it got really old, really fast.
 
ashmedai said:
Heard anything better than "they've been shipped and we'll sell you one when they get here" yet?

Ya.....they havne't shipped yet. Venice isnt shipping till alll the winnys are sold. Monarch said they wil be dropping winny prices to get the venice sooner, and they hoped to have it by the end of the month.
 
there is a problem with that, because what if nobody buys the rest of the winnies? then what? we are screwed!!!

... then again, not everybody out there (the uninformed about venice/san diego) will likely pick up the rest.
 
Viper87227 said:
Ya.....they havne't shipped yet. Venice isnt shipping till alll the winnys are sold.

That's not exactly what I was hoping to hear... :(
 
ashmedai said:
That's not exactly what I was hoping to hear... :(


Yeah, I wasnt happy about it either. I ended up buying a winny again, and got a deal on a great chip (see sig). I dont think I will buy another CPU till the mem controller gets overhauled past the venice (which still cant do 200mhz 1t 4x512) so I can run 2GB
 
Viper87227 said:
Yeah, I wasnt happy about it either. I ended up buying a winny again, and got a deal on a great chip (see sig). I dont think I will buy another CPU till the mem controller gets overhauled past the venice (which still cant do 200mhz 1t 4x512) so I can run 2GB

God damnit. Not that I really need 2GB yet.

I only have about another week to return my Winchester. I'm kinda hoping I can get a Venice by then so I don't have to chugalug on my backup hardware & a temp install of XP. I will if I have to but it's a fricking pain and there's alot of us with alot of money that we want to spend on Venice chips and they won't LET us, how twisted is that. Cartmanland, I'm thinking.
 
ashmedai said:
God damnit. Not that I really need 2GB yet.

I only have about another week to return my Winchester. I'm kinda hoping I can get a Venice by then so I don't have to chugalug on my backup hardware & a temp install of XP. I will if I have to but it's a fricking pain and there's alot of us with alot of money that we want to spend on Venice chips and they won't LET us, how twisted is that. Cartmanland, I'm thinking.


Well you can still install widows. You really only need to reinstall for a new motherboard....a new CPU woudl be no issues at all. Now, as far as lots of money to spend on a venice, sure lots of people do, thats why there not selling yet. The more peopel want them, the better they will sell. AMD knows there going to sell like hot cakes when they come out, so they are in no rush.

Also, have you OCed your winny at all? If it does good enough, no reason to get a venice (which coudl be worse if the speedbinning rumors are true)
 
Jesus_Faction said:
youre going to return used hardware?

If the place he got it from offers some kind of satisfaction guarentee, then there is no problem with that. There is a problem if he say returns it as defective... but if its from a place that allows you to return something because you dont want it, usually minus a restocking fee...then there is nothing wrong with that. Its not till you have to start lying to get approved to return something that its a problem.
 
It's Newegg, and I told them the gospel truth - "I heard y'all are getting in Venice core chips soon, and the built-in memory controller doesn't have the problems this one does, is it okay if I return it?" and they said "Sure but we'll have to charge the restocking fee, and we still can't tell you when the Venice chips will be in" to which I said "Okay cool, I have 14 days to send it back right, so it's fine if I keep using this one until you get the Venice in stock?" and they said "Yes, that's correct" and that's more or less how it went.

It's not like I fried it and am trying to pass it off as DOA or something. I'm out the return fee so they still make profit off me, plus they can sell it again as it works perfectly. I tested it up to 2.5GHz with 250MHz memory clock, and hasn't got a thing wrong with it other than that it's a Winchester. Want it? I forgot to look at the marking before I installed it so I don't know if it's a CBBID or whatever, I could check if someone was seriously interested.

Plus when I re-buy I'll be paying markup for it being a Venice, plus the profit margin on that one, so they come out ahead. Plus I'll probably run it clocked higher than I would with a Winnie, so the folding et al come out ahead. I win, they win, humanity wins.
 
Quoth from here:

Evil_Spork said:
i thought it was known, but a trip to the venice watch thread told me otherwise.

this is directly from AMD.
the 4th was the NDA lift date, and the 15th of april is the official release date for venice and diego.


More from further on in the thread:

Evil_Spork said:
it wasnt an article. it was amd who said it. my source asked not to be named but he was chatting with amd and thes tompics came up and these are the answers given by amd.

15th as in i think they shipped already cuz a few places have them already.(local stores only, they likely dont know they are a differant chip)

i think on the 15th places like newegg will be able to have them on their site for sale.
 
ashmedai said:
WTF dude, again? It's not funny on Slashdot, and it's not funny here, especially if you do it over and over in the same thread.

If you give him attention, him will give you attention!
 
ashmedai said:
It's Newegg, and I told them the gospel truth - "I heard y'all are getting in Venice core chips soon, and the built-in memory controller doesn't have the problems this one does, is it okay if I return it?" and they said "Sure but we'll have to charge the restocking fee, and we still can't tell you when the Venice chips will be in" to which I said "Okay cool, I have 14 days to send it back right, so it's fine if I keep using this one until you get the Venice in stock?" and they said "Yes, that's correct" and that's more or less how it went.

ok that sounds decent

i just didnt want anything shady going on....might give the rest of us a bad (worse?) name you know
 
If anyone knows what someone a little earlier asked about the 3700+ San Diego's OCing ability, I wouldn't mind knowing either, especially if being the bottom of the San Diego line they'd get binned badly.

Just bringing it up again in case it got passed over..

And thank the gods I started reading this from the day of its inception, or I'd be swamped catching up :)

 
well they had a 4000+ san diego running at 3.3ghz so the 3700+ should be able to get close
 
where did you see that 4000+ at 3.3ghz?

and.. not sure if this is 100% true, but we'll find out on friday

Evil_Spork said:
i thought it was known, but a trip to the venice watch thread told me otherwise.

this is directly from AMD.
the 4th was the NDA lift date, and the 15th of april is the official release date for venice and diego.


also, the reason for the winchester cold bug is the memory controller, and AMD *IS* working to fix this. :D

they do know, and are fixing it.

edit: more info i should add: some venice and san diego chips will have issues with cold temps. the problem is not fully fixed yet but as i said, AMD is trying to fix it. so it's likely going to be hit or miss on venice/diego chips working in the cold for now
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top