• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Venice rumors here please!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wonder how much they will drop the mobile clawhammers.

Unclebob over and pcperspective visited chainted a few days ago and they said they are trying their best to support turions and other ture mobles but amd only releases the neccesary info to people who actually manufactor moble mobos.

I think i should buy some better ram and maybe that'll cure my upgrade itch.
 
DryFire said:
I wonder how much they will drop the mobile clawhammers.

Unclebob over and pcperspective visited chainted a few days ago and they said they are trying their best to support turions and other ture mobles but amd only releases the neccesary info to people who actually manufactor moble mobos.

I think i should buy some better ram and maybe that'll cure my upgrade itch.


Yeah, AMD is working damn hard to make the Turion not work on desktop S754's. I really dont understand the logic behind this, since they would sell so many more of these things if they were compatible with more boards. They're probably just trying to push 939 as much as they can and say "screw 754 desktop users." They're literally telling DFI to NOT support the Turion. I just don't get it.
 
haha, crypt1: speak like a noob, be a noob ;)

baron, not just dfi. i got some stupid stuff from msi too. i'm sure amd told everyone. except maybe shuttle. cause it makes sense for them to use a mobile cpu in a sff case, cause they can cut down on size even more cause the cooling will be itty bitty :D
 
crypt1c.0 said:
I would read the "goddamn" faqs if I did not work 11-12 hour days. I am sorry that I am actually gainfully employeed and do not spend all my time posting.

Well, you sure are more of a man that I am, worrying about postcounts but still spiteful towards those that have higher postcounts (as if postcounts meant anything.) Though if you want to take this up in PM's, then by all means shoot me a message you manly man!
 
I got my 9NDA3J today, and I'm having a hard time not ordering a 939 proc, I need a support group, the PPPTVL support group(Postponing Processor Purchace Till Venice Launch). :eek:
 
robberbaron said:
Yeah, AMD is working damn hard to make the Turion not work on desktop S754's. I really dont understand the logic behind this, since they would sell so many more of these things if they were compatible with more boards. They're probably just trying to push 939 as much as they can and say "screw 754 desktop users." They're literally telling DFI to NOT support the Turion. I just don't get it.

I really don't know my first guess is yeilds for these are low and the damand from their partners is too high but they probably make a lot more money selling them to retailers. I also think thye want s754 to really be just low powered systems (both in speed and dissapation).

I think towards then end of s754's life we'll see a lot more turions and support for them when amd wants to dump its extra cpu's. Socket A anyone? (or were they there all along, I never really payed attention) but I guess they just gained popularity for the multi's at first.
 
cockfight! My money is on Crypt he's sassy
Also Turion's will probably come to 754 in the distant future through e some strange hack of some kind or another
 
crypt1c.0 said:
d00d, how many post do I need to get off n00b?
Yeah, that's almost related to the topic at hand. :rolleyes: I could see if it was part of a message discussing the CPU, but I guess I'm just "old school". :p
 
Sedriss said:
From what I can tell.... that site is in the UK. Where is AMD HQ at? Crap, we should get our shipment of Venice cores before the UK should.

Well the cores are manufactored about 1000 km from where I live I think I deserve a CPU fro free bc of that. Make it a FX-57!! :p
 
be proud frallan. your thread made it to 27 pages :D
though sadly, most of it is o/t
27 pages of rumor would be hot.

though, since i didn't post it in this thread and it belongs here.
Dear Mark,

Thank you for contacting Newegg.com. We understand your concern, however, we have no way of determining how fast or slow an item will sell.

If you have any further questions or concerns, please visit our FAQs <http://www.newegg.com/app/faq.asp> page.

It is Newegg's policy to ensure that all emails are brought to a full resolution and that customer is happy at the end of each correspondence. If there are any unresolved issues, please feel free to reply back to this email.
typical bs response :(
 
On a side note the 3200 is rated at 222.57€ at the store mentioned that equals 290USD.
 
(cf)Eclipse said:
be proud frallan. your thread made it to 27 pages :D
though sadly, most of it is o/t
27 pages of rumor would be hot.

typical bs response :(

Yeah well hall of shame for all the ppl that acctually try to stay on topic keeping this thread to be the longest non-sticky ever ;) Gen-may excluded...
 
that's the ETA on that irish website.

and i'm thinking about playing with newegg's technic support people and ask questions that would require someone who knows something, then drop the bomb :D
 
(cf)Eclipse said:
that's the ETA on that irish website.

and i'm thinking about playing with newegg's technic support people and ask questions that would require someone who knows something, then drop the bomb :D

Go for it! Do it now :D You have my support.....like that part from the new Starsky and Hutch "Do it, Do it.".
 
(cf)Eclipse said:
that's the ETA on that irish website.

and i'm thinking about playing with newegg's technic support people and ask questions that would require someone who knows something, then drop the bomb :D

Well what are U waiting for?
 
dang eclipse you name is mark? We almost have the same name cept a spell it with a c.



-Marc
 
hehe, nice :)

though i took german. and my 'german' name is markus. a lot of my friend at home call me that. or ozzi, just cause there was another mark in a lot of my classes and it got annoying. hahaha

and i'll think of something creative while i'm taking my calc test. seeing as it won't do any good to email them today cause it's friday and i won't get a reply till monday, i'll propose my idea here and we can work on it :D
 
well i've called newegg support before but they are not the most intelligent either (thought better then most).
 
robberbaron said:
Well, you sure are more of a man that I am, worrying about postcounts but still spiteful towards those that have higher postcounts (as if postcounts meant anything.) Though if you want to take this up in PM's, then by all means shoot me a message you manly man!

Gee I am sorry, I do not have emasculated issues where I feel the need to show my manly-ness to others. Let me ask you a question, do you have a ridiculously large truck to compensate for other not so larger areas? Or a sports car perhaps?
I also do not get into debates with the mentally inferior, however I am sure that your local kidergarten or preschool can accomidate you with an equal match.

Cheers,
Crypt1c
 
crypt1c please stop...were trying to talk about venice here, not your problems....
 
cell_491 said:
crypt1c please stop...were trying to talk about venice here, not your problems....

No worries, consider it stopped. I just did not expect to be treated a certian way for asking a simple question. So perhaps people should stop being so insulting and problems like this will not occur.

My apologies go out to anyone who I upset, I did not mean to take this thread so off topic.

Returning to Venice, what did New Egg support say?
 
why thankyou for spicing up this thread but could the both of you please refrain from such a pointless and off topic argument.
 
crypt1c.0 said:
No worries, consider it stopped. I just did not expect to be treated a certian way for asking a simple question. So perhaps people should stop being so insulting and problems like this will not occur.

My apologies go out to anyone who I upset, I did not mean to take this thread so off topic.

Returning to Venice, what did New Egg support say?

you the man. and I agree about being insulting over something so small.

I think new egg siad nothing
 
Was on the phone with them anyway so tried and got what amounted to "NFC, sorry, it'll be on the webpage whenever we get them"
 
I talked to Monarch yesterday. They said the chips were released Monday. They did not know exactly when they would get them, but said based on other intros in the past, it would likely be in two weeks after release. They have no ETA for the product, but when they do they will take preorders.

BTW, I was thinking about getting an MSI NEO Plat with some Gskill PC4400 LE ram for the Venice. Is this a good combo for overclocking? Would appreciate any other better combos. I want to stay away from DFI Lanparty due to the many "issues" people have with stability. This comp will be my 24/7 computer for work and I need a very stable system

THANKS FOLKS! :D
 
The advantages of asking at a smaller shop are evident. That was about what I was figuring (hoping) but it's good to have confirmation that they were in fact released on Monday.

Cookie cutter answer is DFI if you're overclocking, otherwise MSI is a good one.

DFI's BIOS has more settings than God's own computer, so it's mostly just a matter of finding which one to change if you're having issues. The TwinMOS SP that's on sale at Newegg right now can go pretty high at tight timings, especially with the volts the DFI board will let you pump.
 
ashmedai said:
The advantages of asking at a smaller shop are evident. That was about what I was figuring (hoping) but it's good to have confirmation that they were in fact released on Monday.

Cookie cutter answer is DFI if you're overclocking, otherwise MSI is a good one.

DFI's BIOS has more settings than God's own computer, so it's mostly just a matter of finding which one to change if you're having issues. The TwinMOS SP that's on sale at Newegg right now can go pretty high at tight timings, especially with the volts the DFI board will let you pump.

Is this the memory? This stuff is cheap!!!!

http://www.newegg.com/app/viewProductDesc.asp?description=20-218-062&depa=0
 
Meant the TMSP400/512 (and TMSP400/256) which is CH-5. The TMSP433 (if you can find it) is actually BH-5.

Not sure what's in the stuff you linked, but TwinMOS apparently didn't think it was good enough to be worth mentioning like they did on the other two Speed Premium modules.
 
ashmedai said:
Meant the TMSP400/512 (and TMSP400/256) which is CH-5. The TMSP433 (if you can find it) is actually BH-5.

Not sure what's in the stuff you linked, but TwinMOS apparently didn't think it was good enough to be worth mentioning like they did on the other two Speed Premium modules.


I guess the only problem with the TMSP400/512 is its not a "dual channel" kit with 2x512
 
Don Wong said:
BTW, I was thinking about getting an MSI NEO Plat with some Gskill PC4400 LE ram for the Venice. Is this a good combo for overclocking? Would appreciate any other better combos. I want to stay away from DFI Lanparty due to the many "issues" people have with stability. This comp will be my 24/7 computer for work and I need a very stable system
i have used both. honestly? msi is better with cpu overclocking, but dfi is good with ram. the problem with this is that it's better to have a higher cpu overclock than a higher memory overclock.
and both are rock solid stable.. as long as you're not pushing anything past it's limit.
 
Don Wong said:
I guess the only problem with the TMSP400/512 is its not a "dual channel" kit with 2x512

No, but buying two of them will cost about the same as that dc kit you linked to, and that DC kit you linked has a good chance of not having AA4T (ch-5) dies.
 
Bugger that, it's not rated to be running at 250MHz either, but I made it do it anyway.

I'm not much for dual channel kits if you can't tell. Sometimes it's cheaper than seperately, and if so - cool, that's how it should be when you buy something in quantity.
 
ashmedai said:
I'm not much for dual channel kits if you can't tell.
*high five*

agreed. imo, it's just a bunch of marketing and a way for ram companies to get more money.
i have two sticks of crucial ballistix.. purchased about 2 months apart. curiously the one i got later is actually a week older by the mfg date, but they oc very similarly. it's just that they like different ram slots for some unknown reason.
 
tsuehpsyde said:
Go for it! Do it now :D You have my support.....like that part from the new Starsky and Hutch "Do it, Do it.".

oh man i remember that, was hilarious :D
stiller's character looked like a retard for that.
 
sorry for going a little off topic, but ehh has dfi released a new beta bios or whatever official yet? latest i have was the one sometime in mid march. and ive also heard some rumors about the venice not having to have a bios update, but the san diego will? can anyone confirm if this is still true?

ashmedai said:
DFI's BIOS has more settings than God's own computer

i found this a bit offensive...
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top