(cf)Eclipse
Freelance Overclocker
- Joined
- Feb 18, 2003
- Messages
- 30,027
april 4th
Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.
Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.
Decelerate said:Some say it will be announced on the 4th, others state mid-month for shipping.
I hope it enters the channel pretty soon. I got the memory/sound/graphics(X800 XL for 399$CDN, not too shabby) and I'm heavily considering the 2405FPW. Only thing I'm missing is the SN25P and the Venice.
(cf)Eclipse said:april 4th
iddqd said:So, they're replacing the 3700+'s with Lancaster cores? Or... or.. Well, I don't see a point of another revision for ClawHammers, "CG" is already working great. Of course, you could bring SSE3, but that's a bit useless. And increases the transistor count, so no help in overclocking either.
Their 130nm assembly line is probably still up and running.iddqd said:They still make them AFAIK. So they have to use something.
(cf)Eclipse said:wait. you're topped out at 235mhz now? that's a nice 5mhz increase there![]()
iddqd said:aboot? haha. You know, I haven't actually met anybody who says that. Except the Irish.
(cf)Eclipse said:no, no more desktop a64's for 754. it's getting converted to the turion and sempron.
needmorecarnitine said:Where did you read that no more desktop S754 cpus are being made?
robberbaron said:AMD's roadmap says so. Well, it says that they will be made "as the market requires." So all current ones will be available for another year or two, but new ones won't be.
(cf)Eclipse said:..., but think about how they announced turion for 754,
(cf)Eclipse said:well not how, but the fact that they did. my bad for having poor wording early in the morning![]()