• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Venice rumors here please!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Variable1X said:
Please guys, knock it off. I know I am new here here, but I check this thread every day after checking Newegg for Venice, and seeing a bunch of replies, including "It's out", then seeing a bunch of replies that have NOTHING to do with the thread "Venice Rumors here please" is annoying, then questions that have absolutely nothing to do with Venice is confusing. There are many forums, and plenty of room for separate threads if they are needed. Kind of sad I registered just to post this after years of lurking, but oh well. A thread named "Venice rumors here please", should have replies that are at least connected to Venice in some way, besides the fact they are both cpu's. Which is what the entire forum is about.
:)

Dude please, people like to talk while they are waiting for the proc to come out. A lot of these people are friends in here and like to chat a little. If it gets too off topic, someone usually brings it back. But we dont need a posting nazi to be like "you may only post topics that directly relate to venice, or else".

Havent you ever been in a class room where the dicussion goes way off course and somehow the class ends up talking about the professors trip to Maui, with his dog that he calls Burt, while the space shuttle flies over head and someone has stolen your frence frys?
 
Eclipse - I had my HTT up over 300, I'd previously set LDT volts to 1.4 & Chipset volts to 1.8 per RGone's guide on dfi-street, although keeping multipliers such that actual memory clockrate didn't go above about 255 and the actual HTT clock stayed around 1000 ~ 1200. Make sure your CPU volts aren't too low either, I have a vague idea that if it's too tight and the memory controller getting volts from the same place, it might do something.

I had a dream that if I typed BNBOX into the search box on Newegg, the San Diegos would be in...didn't work though.
 
(cf)Eclipse said:
tried every cpu multi between 9x and 5x, discounting .5's
every ht link multi aside from 5x
various configurations of timings and ram:fsb ratios
voltage anywhere from 2.6v to 3.1v for the ram
chipset voltage.. i normally leave it at 1.6, but i've tried 1.7 and 1.8v

the only thing that lets me go higher is if i only run one stick of ballistix

note that the exact same hardware config could do 315mhz on my k8n neo :confused:

try any other BIOSs?
 
ash- i don't have an ldt voltage option. the nf3 board doesn't have it. though i have play with chipset. didn't get me anywhere.
and i've tried bringing the cpu up to 1.7v.. that didn't help either.

mamma, i've tried.. a few. i'll put it that way. all give the same results, though right now, i'm using the newest beta bios, 4/08. i really think it's just an incompatibility between the mobo, cpu and ram, and if i replace one component, all will be fine.

though i think it's worth mentioning that on my k8n neo, i could only get the ram to 235mhz with both sticks on and 245mhz with one stick in. i could still get the htt much higher by dropping the ratio.. but, if i limit myself to the same 2.8v that the neo gave (the neo undervolted to 2.82-2.83 and the dfi overvolts, so it works well), i have roughtly the same limit..

i'm just so confused as to what's really causing the problem.

Variable1X, i hear ya. however, if we didn't keep talking about random stuff, this thread would have died back in february ;)
 
Well turn bank interleaving off, that might help with the memory at least.

The lack of an LDT voltage setting, when it defaults to 1.2 and is recommended at 1.4, doesn't sound like a happy thing...you know if they're planning to add it? Or is it just insignificant?

I know Angry_Games & RGone both have Ballistix so you'll probably get something more constructive once they get a look at it.
 
yeah, i'll try that. i'm not expecting too much though :p
and i don't think it has anything to do with the ht link, cause i can get higher fsb using dividers with one stick in than i can with two.

i posted in dfi forums last night too.. no responses yet.
 
From Monarch site:

"AMD Athlon 64 3200+ 512K 90nm Rev. E (ADA3200DAA4BP) (939) Shipping Starts (May 6th)"
 
ash: nope

SGT: that's.. kinda been buried somewhere in this thread, but it's in there. i think i need to update my 2nd post and add some things that i think would be handy, but frallan is leaving out, or is missing.
 
SGTFury said:
From Monarch site:

"AMD Athlon 64 3200+ 512K 90nm Rev. E (ADA3200DAA4BP) (939) Shipping Starts (May 6th)"


read previous posts... it has already been noted.

blast... haha eclipse you post sooo much... got there faster than me :p

yea, but i dont blame people for reposting this stuff, especially for those that dont keep up with updates on this thread... it is 47 pages after all... too much to dig through.
 
yeah, i do post way too much. oh well
just a side note, it's pi hour! (3:14 ;))
and, i can get my board to post at 400mhz. it just won't get past the detecting raid array screen. didn't bother trying more, but i bet i could do it if it wasn't for silly incompatibility.
 
Sorry, I didn't feel like wading through 43 pages of off-topic discussion to find out :|
 
SGTFury said:
Sorry, I didn't feel like wading through 43 pages of off-topic discussion to find out :|

Those who are too lazy to read, search?

Thanks for the thought though.
 
Heh so that'd bring up every third page..."monarch" though would be more useful.
 
Hello everyone. I posted links to various companies in the Venice/San Diego Preorder thread.

For anyone wanting to preorder, check it out here.
 
remembering how much monarch gouged with winchester.. i'm wondering how inflated these prices are. it's not terribly bad at the moment. :eek:
(except NCIX, but that's canandian money)
 
(cf)Eclipse said:
remembering how much monarch gouged with winchester.. i'm wondering how inflated these prices are. it's not terribly bad at the moment.
eek.gif

(except NCIX, but that's canandian money)
True enough. I was suspecting pricing to be somewhat outrageous, but it's being kept tolerable (for the moment). Be interesting to see if the prices skyrocket after they appear depending on if the supply/demand ratio gets totally out of whack.
 
well, earlier in the thread, i had a theory on the supply that nobody objected to, so i'm assuming i'm not too far off base.
long story made short, amd has a lot of these chips in storage. supply shouldn't be a problem :D
 
I really hope they don't release them a pallet at a time, just to keep prices at a premium.
 
Yes, over the long term there will probably be plenty, but the initial shipments are gonna fly out like hotcakes methinks. I was all ready to pull the trigger on a Winchester when I found out the Venice release was imminent, so I wated. Its going to suck if the first batch sells out immediately and I don't get one, and I have to wait for the next batch. :(
 
Qwertyman said:
i think its just funny he has AS5 on there.
lol :p

it also looks like we got a candidate for testing the 512x4 setup on venice /san diego - hes got 2GB of ram
 
i wonder if it means Artic Silver 5 or Artic Silencer 5...they have the same initials (god please dont let it be artic silver 5...what has the world come to)
 
cell_491 said:
i wonder if it means Artic Silver 5 or Artic Silencer 5...they have the same initials (god please dont let it be artic silver 5...what has the world come to)

Nope, its AS5, just look at his sig. It says Artic Silver 5 in the list, like its some kind of feature in his computer. He also lists his mouse and keyboard in there, as well as some cathodes....like thats important :rolleyes:
 
lol i just read his sig...at first all i did was count the lines...that hilarious...artic silver 5
 
cell_491 said:
lol i just read his sig...at first all i did was count the lines...that hilarious...artic silver 5

Haha, just read your sig....its only 9 lines :D
 
hahaha, cell.. notice that i address VIPER in the first word of my post? :p

edit: also, frallan suspected that this thread had about 5 pages left.. back in page 40 :D
 
yup, i need to figure out how i'm gonna arrange the data for the venice oc data thread. updating a picture every time there's a new core in it was a pain. any suggestions?
 
Hmmm. Interesting that there seems to be some negativity in terms of Arctic Silver 5. I've never used any variant of AS before, so I'm kinda glad now I paid only 99 cents for it. So what's the deal everyone? Is AS5 a big joke? I don't want to put anything in my new system that isn't up to snuff. Ideas and recommendations?
 
what negativity? as5 is awesome stuff, though not always worth the money. if you can live with temps that are 1-3c higher, don't bother and get something cheaper. :D
 
Oh yeah, and about my memory setup-

The 4x512 is going to be exclusivley used for testing the new mem controller of Venice. I'll keep everyone posted as to whether or not this setup is a thumbs up or thumbs down. Keeping my fingers crossed in the meantime...


I've got the eVGA 6600GT on the way. Anyone use the Zalman 700CU cooler before and is it worth it? I'm primarily wanting to slap on the memory heatsinks, as eVGA doesn't put any on. Thanks.
 
(cf)Eclipse said:
what negativity? as5 is awesome stuff, though not always worth the money. if you can live with temps that are 1-3c higher, don't bother and get something cheaper. :D
Thanks for the reply. Just took some of the other posts without a grain of salt as they seemed to be conveying "Arctic Silver 5? Are ya nuts?". I was pretty happy when I found it at the price I did. I'm looking forward to using it.
 
oh yeah, it's cause you have as5 in your sig. i think they were just amused by that :D
good luck with that 4x512mb though

also, if you want a 3rd party heatsink for your 600gt, i'd look into the nvsilencer. i'm pretty sure it comes in 6600gt form, and cools the ram too.
 
DejaWiz said:
Hmmm. Interesting that there seems to be some negativity in terms of Arctic Silver 5. I've never used any variant of AS before, so I'm kinda glad now I paid only 99 cents for it. So what's the deal everyone? Is AS5 a big joke? I don't want to put anything in my new system that isn't up to snuff. Ideas and recommendations?


heh....AS5 is good stuff. Its not you having it, its the fact that its such a minute detail of your PC...it doenst seem sig-worthy.


Any my sig is 11 lines yes, but its for the [H]orde, so ill hear no complaints!
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top