• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Venice rumors here please!

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's currently Thursday. They're probably going to be out tomorrow or Monday at first-tier online retailers. Screw Monarch. Go read a book or something to take your mind off it for now.

[edit] You bought it while I was typing, eh? If the come out Friday/Monday, and you still have to wait another month... :(

There's a place or two already listing them in stock as of the 18th (Monday).
 
ashmedai said:
It's currently Thursday. They're probably going to be out tomorrow or Monday at first-tier online retailers. Screw Monarch. Go read a book or something to take your mind off it for now.

[edit] You bought it while I was typing, eh? If the come out Friday/Monday, and you still have to wait another month... :(

There's a place or two already listing them in stock as of the 18th (Monday).
san diego too? linkage?

:D:D
 
lithium726 said:
san diego too? linkage?

:D:D

At this link that Eclipse posted here, note the part number is "ADA3000BPBOX" and BPBOX per the top of this thread is a Venice chip.

San Diego is on the same site here (note the BNBOX code) and a total of four listed (3500, 3700, 4000, and FX-55) but with mixed availability dates of 4/18 and 5/13.
 
I'm kinda hoping tomorrow.

Any of y'all remember which if any of the bunch of linked articles in this here thread go to a head-to-head between Veronica & Sandy?
 
ashmedai said:
At this link that Eclipse posted here, note the part number is "ADA3000BPBOX" and BPBOX per the top of this thread is a Venice chip.

San Diego is on the same site here (note the BNBOX code) and a total of four listed (3500, 3700, 4000, and FX-55) but with mixed availability dates of 4/18 and 5/13.
do some digging at that site. the 90nm fx-55 is there too :eek:

cell: it's a hard call to make, but i'm proud of you for holding out for the larger 1mb cache :D

cryptic: i think so. but that's doesn't mean it will.
(if only i could think for things and have everything be true!)
 
I really hope Sandy's available at the Egg on Friday night, I don't know if I can hold it if she's not there...that nice big L2 is getting me worked up though, and she sure is a fast one.

Okay maybe we should just stick with the real names.
 
Ack, Orleans and Windsor are DDR-II? Goddamnit...

Oh yeah, Toledo if anyone cares, 2x1MB L2 cache.
 
Rumors over, here are the dates.

Not good for me however, my 6800GTs are going to be in tomorrow, oh well I guess I'll get a Winnie for now and get a Venice when it comes out.
 
Enigma422 said:
Rumors over, here are the dates.

Not good for me however, my 6800GTs are going to be in tomorrow, oh well I guess I'll get a Winnie for now and get a Venice when it comes out.

*thwap* Dude, we've seen that. If you look on this very page, a mere 3 posts prior to your own, it has links to a place with availability on Monday. It's even possible some places will have them stocked tomorrow.

No Winnie for you!
 
ashmedai said:
*thwap* Dude, we've seen that. If you look on this very page, a mere 3 posts prior to your own, it has links to a place with availability on Monday. It's even possible some places will have them stocked tomorrow.

No Winnie for you!

D'oH I was so excited and mad at the same time that I didn't bother looking over the new posts. Now that I've calmed down a bit, thanks for the info :).
 
You think you've got it bad, I've got about ever 3rd or 4th post for the last few pages. 28414 views and 100ish posts by the people that've been active on this thread from the start. :p

BTW I'm seriously thinking getting the 1MB cache San Diego is a good idea if price & availability make it an option. L2 cache can make a substantial difference in some things *cough*games* and from what I've seen pre-availability the pricing shouldn't be that different.
 
I got monarcch to fix their product info sheet for the 3700 san diego heres the response i got... "You appear to be correct. We appreciate you bringing this to our attention. We
are getting this corrected."
so that should clear things up a bit for people :D
 
yeah, i just noticed that they changed the voltage to 1.4v.. you would think that this is something they would get right the first time though :cool:
 
monarch just posted (or i just saw it) the retail box version of the 3700 wich will ship on the 20th :D but now i have an order that needs to be canceled :(
 
cell_491 said:
monarch just posted (or i just saw it) the retail box version of the 3700 wich will ship on the 20th :D but now i have an order that needs to be canceled :(
thats been around the whole time, lol.. thats what i was looking at to begin with
 
well it definately was not up when i orderd the oem :rolleyes: either they took it down for something or put it up after i ordered (3:30pm)
 
Hello, first time poster at [H], but you can find my posts littering the landscape in other places.

I just thought you guys would want to know, according to someone else at OC Forums that Sparco place is getting 100 3700+ San Diegos in on Monday. I don't know if that will actually happen, but he spoke to a Sparco rep and that is what they said. Anyways, the Sparco place seems to have better prices than Monarch (but the shipping is worse, so it kind of cancels out) so I took the gamble and placed the order. Sparco has good enough ResellerRatings that I thought it was worth a try. If it ships on Monday, great! If not, well the cancel order email won't take very long to write... :)

Incidentally, Sparco seems to be claiming 4/18 date on everything Venice and San Diego. I don't know if its true or not...I guess I'll find out Monday. Just a quick heads up.

Oh, and Monarch put up the OEM chips a few hours before they put up the retail boxes. I was going to preorder the OEM chip, thought better of it, went to school, when I got back from school the retail boxes were up so I preordered a retail box from Monarch. If Sparco ships me something on Monday I'll cancel the Monarch preorder.

Hope this info is useful to someone! :)
 
(cf)Eclipse said:
specialist: gotcha, basically the mobile bartons were normal desktop chips that were carefully binned to tun at 1.25v or 1.45v as opposed to the normal 1.65v of the desktop chip.
what this meant was that once the voltage was bumped back to the normal 1.65.. there was a lot of clock headroom. basically the oc'er dream :D

solo: there's no significant difference between 1600 (800mhz) and 2000 (1000mhz). maybe 0.1-0.5% difference at most in a synthetic benchmark ;)
however, are you comparing s754 and s939 chips? i don't know of any s939 chips with the 800mhz ht link, other than an obscure 3400+ that was sold for about a week.


wouldnt this mean that it would be better to wait for these mobile chips instead of the dekstop ones?
 
you have a s939 board. it won't work, the mobiles are 754 only right now. i don't see them going to 939... probably ever.
 
So I got sick of waiting today, and my motherboard is crying for a chip...so I took advantage of the discounted pricing on the Winchester, and purchased a 3200+ socket 939. I'm not waiting till May to get a Venice and I already sold my current Intel which is leaving Sunday. I paid up for the overnight shipping so I hope to see a Winnie at my doorstep tmrw evening. $190 @ zipzoomfly/googlegear
 
Nick986 said:
So I got sick of waiting today, and my motherboard is crying for a chip...so I took advantage of the discounted pricing on the Winchester, and purchased a 3200+ socket 939. I'm not waiting till May to get a Venice and I already sold my current Intel which is leaving Sunday. I paid up for the overnight shipping so I hope to see a Winnie at my doorstep tmrw evening. $190 @ zipzoomfly/googlegear

i hope you dont care about ocing... because the oc potential you are getting out of that chip has most likely gone down the drain compared to these new upcoming cores.
 
Specialist[X] said:
i hope you dont care about ocing... because the oc potential you are getting out of that chip has most likely gone down the drain compared to these new upcoming cores.

One Winny down, 500 to go. If your not OC who cares?

Just waiting with my 1ghz Intel P3 to be upgraded - might as well wait for the DCs for my new DFI U4 and GSkill LE thats on de way :eek: . By the way, what timings and volts are you guys using for LE with the DFI ??? Tanks!
 
i don't have any myself, but it appears that 2.5-4-3-10 gets the highest clock speed.. with varying voltage.
2.5-3-3 would probably be better for normal opteration though
 
First and foremost thanks to The Faceless Rebel. I've been waiting for some sign of the new cpu's and man am I glad I checked these boards before I did someting foolish like order up a 3800+. So I made a quick dash to monarch and shazam they got them on pre-order, so the first thing I do is make sure nobody is near me since I'm at work and shouldn't be online but what the hell i'm not the only one who does it. Second I see that they got the 3700+ for may 20 i've waited since the end of january so whats a few more weeks, and lastly I rip out my credit card and a way we go. Well let me go it's break time
 
crypt1c.0 said:
Friday morning and still no Venice or San diego on the Egg. :(
i've been saying we'll have to wait until monday.

and we've had a lot of threads asking what to get. i think it's funny.. but don't forget. when you get your cpu's:

write down your OPN!! and post your oc results in the revE oc database!
techhead said that he would sticky it once a few people started coming in with results :D
 
it is. but if i'm right, a lot more stores will have it in stock on monday, thus maybe a better deal and greater choice of who to buy it from.
 
holycpu said:
pre ordering is lame. you often get caught up in taht after they have already charged your credit card with something that is more expensive than comptetion and they ship at the same time taht everyone else does - when they have stock.
 
lithium726 said:
pre ordering is lame. you often get caught up in taht after they have already charged your credit card with something that is more expensive than comptetion and they ship at the same time taht everyone else does - when they have stock.


hehe.. I would have lost my patience and pre-ordered it by now if I was living in the USA..
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top