• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Venice rumors here please!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hah! 4GHz AMD chips. Poor Intel fans aren't going to have shit to hold up after this.
 
personally i cant believe intel cancled tejas in favor of dual core pressys imagine a p5 5ghz Extreme Edition that would own the new 8xx series dual core crapola (at least for gaming)
 
i dont think we are gonna see 4ghz any time soon... atleast those of us that are not using that type of cooling.
 
i don't think so. pci ice said that his chip did best with -90c. that's doable with a normal cascade setup.



edit: though cascade is pretty serious :D
 
We're already 1THz ahead of the Aussie folding team...just wait til a week or so after Venice comes out. ^_^
 
(cf)Eclipse said:
i don't think so. pci ice said that his chip did best with -90c. that's doable with a normal cascade setup.



edit: though cascade is pretty serious :D

the edit is what i was hitting at, any cascade system is pretty serious :D
 
Looking at the Winnie overclock thread, I don't see much reason to move off air cooling yet...

Plus I don't know how well a phase change unit would fit under my Stacker.
 
considering that the cpu went from around 3ghz benchable on air to 3.6ghz benchable on vapo.. that's quite an improvement.

also, the winchester oc thread is mostly air. and most winchesters have the cold bug too. :(
 
For Retailer(s):

I am willing to scraifice the melted chocolate bar in my pocket in exchange for a earlier release for Venice.

Also, I will also give my old high school textbook as gift for releasing Venice early (if I still have them)

And I will not look at an intelligent, beautiful, gorgeous girls for 5 min.

So, release Venice early, I bet you will make not a million, but possibly thousands of dollars from everyone who has nothing to do but post a thread here to convince ourselves that Venice is coming out (soon? in 2 weeks? in a month? OMG 2 monthes? )

Our patience power bar is running low, as you can see some people only need this chip then they can complete their beast.

Therefore, if you have time to read this thread, just wipe your employees' asses (don't wipe the girls, my heart will hurt :) ) to make them work faster so that you can release the chip as soon as possible.

P.S. you want to know why am I wasting time here to write this stuff? ................ I have receive a call from AMD offical to inform me to do this for ad purpose.

Bye Bye.
From HolyXXX
 
holycpu said:
For Retailer(s):

I am willing to scraifice the melted chocolate bar in my pocket in exchange for a earlier release for Venice.

Also, I will also give my old high school textbook as gift for releasing Venice early (if I still have them)

And I will not look at an intelligent, beautiful, gorgeous girls for 5 min.

So, release Venice early, I bet you will make not a million, but possibly thousands of dollars from everyone who has nothing to do but post a thread here to convince ourselves that Venice is coming out (soon? in 2 weeks? in a month? OMG 2 monthes? )

Our patience power bar is running low, as you can see some people only need this chip then they can complete their beast.

Therefore, if you have time to read this thread, just wipe your employees' asses (don't wipe the girls, my heart will hurt :) ) to make them work faster so that you can release the chip as soon as possible.

P.S. you want to know why am I wasting time here to write this stuff? ................ I have receive a call from AMD offical to inform me to do this for ad purpose.

Bye Bye.
From HolyXXX


uhh, yea....

why dont you really send that to retailers and see what happens. and when you really do, let us know how they respond.
:D
 
Obviously they do things via cookies :(

If theres someone here that a) is german or reads German and b) isnt at work so they can make a screenshot and post it Id be happy.

Its www.conrad.de > computers > Deutchlands PC (for 999€) and there U have it.
 
i know a bit of german, i went through the site and didn't see venice/san diego listen in the processor section :(
 
Nope the 3700* is in that very PC from Fujitsu Siemens. And I have no idea wht it is, honestly i dont belive that it is a San D or a Venice but then they have som special deal w AMD.

[EDIT] Hmm they have removed the Dual Chanel memory info that was in there b4. So I guess its a s754 then that some corporate spinner just "upgraded" with DC to enhance sells.[/EDIT]
 
really? i managed to show it to baron :confused:
i just clicked on it and it doesn't work for me anymore. link removed.

anyhow, i thought i'd give you guys a heads up

OPPAINTER said:
I got news from my AMD person today. They said that 3700, 4000, and FX-55 will be out in the San Diego (1024) flavor. FX-57 won't show up until 3rd quarter. 3500 is a Venice (512) chip.

OPP
 
Well to spice things up a bit I just posted a poll :D

The Venice Nickname Poll

(I nkow but Im bored and cf mentioned it so I had to :D)
 
Frallan said:
Well to spice things up a bit I just posted a poll :D

The Venice Nickname Poll

(I nkow but Im bored and cf mentioned it so I had to :D)
i congratulate you on your name selections. though veronica should have been a choice. for reasons i have pointed out in the poll :D

also, another heads up
toledo for all you dual core guys.
 
Originally Posted by OPPAINTER
I got news from my AMD person today. They said that 3700, 4000, and FX-55 will be out in the San Diego (1024) flavor. FX-57 won't show up until 3rd quarter. 3500 is a Venice (512) chip.

OPP

How come 3700 is San Diego while 3800 is Venice ?

Something special to 3700 ?????????????????
 
venice (3000,3200,3500,3800) is the same as san diego (basically) except with only 512kb L2 cache the san diego (3400?,3700,4200) will have 1024kb L2 cache
 
it's just how it is.
i'll go through all the specs of the chips that are out, or will be in the near future (i don't think the 3400+ will exist, sorry cell ;))

Venice:
all 512kb cache and dual channel
3000+: 1.8ghz
3200+: 2.0ghz
3500+: 2.2ghz
3800+: 2.4ghz

San Diego:
all dual channel and 1mb cache, EXCEPT the 3500+
3500+: 2.2ghz (512kb)
3700+: 2.2ghz
4000+: 2.4ghz
FX-55: 2.6ghz (yes, i think the fx-55 will come in 90nm flavor before the fx-57 comes out)
then sometime later:
4200: 2.6ghz (not 100%, but fairly certain)
fx-57: 2.8ghz


so that makes the 3500+ have a total of 5 cores right now, but all with the same basic 2.2ghz, 512kb specs
 
Bah, an OC'd V-3000 chip will hold me over quite nicely until Toledo's been out a while, and should quite easily hit the point where much faster would be mostly meaningless to me.
 
cell_491 said:
venice (3000,3200,3500,3800) is the same as san diego (basically) except with only 512kb L2 cache the san diego (3400?,3700,4200) will have 1024kb L2 cache

I think Elicpse is more correct cux come to think of it, if 3700, which is a lil bit slower than 3800 but it gets 1024kb L2 cache, then most ppl would go for 3700 instead.

I think its just weird for 3700 has 1024kb while 3800 is 512kb.

But than 4000+ is different, cux it represents something that P4 can't reach. A 4 ghz equvilvant cpu in terms of performance. So AMd want to make it more special by giving 1024 kb cache to attract hardcore gamer to buy it while it cost less than FX series.

That's what I think. Maybe in future there will be a 3700 San diego, and if there is, i am getting 3700 for sure.
 
i don't see how i'm more correct? i said the same thing as him, just in more detail ;)

and remember that the 3800+, while having less cache, is 200mhz faster

and compare it to the s754 3700+.. it's the same speed (2.4ghz) and has more cache. just less bandwidth, which doesn't effect much.
also, i left the 3700+ out of my chart. it's been updated :D
 
technically the performance of a 3700+ should be almost that of a 3800+ the 3700 has twice the cache as the 3800 but the 3800 is 200mhz faster but if you plan to oc then that 1mb cache should give you higher returns on high overclocks in other words a 3700 @2.8ghz will be faster than a 3800 @2.8ghz
 
its just a product name its not like its set in stone that only certain numbers can be used with certain sockets...
 
awwwwwwww man, so just WTH is the difference between an E3 3500+ and an E4 3500+ aside from the TDP?

And those DAMN processors need to show up!

I initially thought that the Venice would have one of the best launches (gut feeling). If I was a masochist I'd make my gut pay right now...
 
they would have the power thingie that AMD is changing on E4... and possibly a bigger die size to dissapate heat due to the 512cache that isnt being used...

if that is true, i would go for the E4 3500+ over the E3...
 
Decelerate said:
awwwwwwww man, so just WTH is the difference between an E3 3500+ and an E4 3500+ aside from the TDP?
TDP is the same. just difference dies. E4 has 1mb, but with 1/2 of it disabled ;)
 
cell_491 said:
its just a product name its not like its set in stone that only certain numbers can be used with certain sockets...
yeah, i know
rolleyes.gif


but this is going to cause more confusion in their already confusing as hell rating system. oh well, with 3700+ coming to 939, i might have to get that instead. it wont be as expensive as the 4000+, will have 1MB L2, and will be San Diego. it sounds too damn good to be true :D
 
lithium726 said:
yeah, i know
rolleyes.gif


but this is going to cause more confusion in their already confusing as hell rating system. oh well, with 3700+ coming to 939, i might have to get that instead. it wont be as expensive as the 4000+, will have 1MB L2, and will be San Diego. it sounds too damn good to be true :D
yea the 3700+ is going to be the best deal out of all of them so i may just wait
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top