Valorant

I've played a bit.

It feels like a half finished mobile game aimed. Coming from a CS:GO player, this isn't anything like and the whole orbs and ice walls just don't really fit.

Loads of hype, but I fear this will be DOA.

I'll pass.

That's funny because as a non CS:GO player other than casually, the game that Valorant reminds me most of is CS:GO as far as gunplay and match progression.

Last edited:
They all run at kernel level, which was the point. Even older ACs like Punkbuster used to run at Kernel level many years ago. It's been the status quo for a long time with multiplayer games on PC.

Reread what I said.

Reread what I said.
Maybe you should re-read the posts you were quoting and replying to, because NO ONE mentioned "on boot". "Oh I'm wrong, maybe I should add the parameters "on boot" to my argument."

It's very common for ACs to run in kernel mode. Fact. This is now getting close to offtopic, so I'm done. Go keep on believing whatever you want to believe.

(PunkBuster used to run on boot in kernel mode btw, so this is not a first)

Maybe you should re-read the posts you were quoting and replying to, because NO ONE mentioned "on boot". "Oh I'm wrong, maybe I should add the parameters "on boot" to my argument."

It's very common for ACs to run in kernel mode. Fact. This is now getting close to offtopic, so I'm done. Go keep on believing whatever you want to believe.

(PunkBuster used to run on boot in kernel mode btw, so this is not a first)

The WHOLE POINT is that it runs on boot and stays active. The fact that this is done by a Chinese CCP owned company makes it even worse.

Last edited:
A mix of CSGO and Overwatch sound real good to me. I will try this one. I hope bots will be there.

I think people are forgetting what a beta test is. They're testing the game and making changes. They don't want people to play a sub-par unfinished game then say "this sucks" and never play it again. That's why they aren't letting you play it yet.

Although yes, they're doubling use of the "beta test" to build hype.

No interest in this game but I saw they are doing an anti-cheat system that boots with system startup. I wonder how many people are going to be mad about this from a "bloatware" perspective of not wanting it to be active when they are not in the game.

They won't be supporting ultra widescreen resolutions, though I was hoping that would be for the ranked modes only. Hopefully this might change in the future, similarly to fortnite where 16:9 is forced in the ranked modes but not the casual modes.

I wonder how many people are going to be mad about this
Spent some time today reading a few of the FPS community subs/forums, and it's actually the opposite, not only do many players not mind they also have been requesting Valve to update VAC so it runs in kernel mode at boot as well. Unfortunately nowadays it's the only way to have an effective AC.

So I've been watching Summit's stream for the last hour or so.

This looks like a cartoon-y CS:GO with some other strange elements thrown in (never played overwatch)... from the pistol rounds to start the half, to the economy-based rounds, the fast TTK, non-crosshair based spray patterns, running with your knife out, bunny-hopping, quick-switching, the animations of drawing your weapon... this appears at face value to be a gimmicky CS clone. Pretty sure I saw revivals a few times... no thanks.

5-man squads with 3 bomb sites to cover is strange to me, maybe this has to do with some of the perks at their disposal.

I will say, I do quite like the high-visibility style of the game, easy to spot player models, huge thing in a competitive-type games, something CS:GO stuggles with in some spots (Overpass, A-site near truck is a big one)

This just doesn't wow me personally as it currently sits, but I'll keep an eye on it.

The most interesting thing to me when they announced it way back was the promise of the least amount of lag, best network code, etc. I saw the servers were running at 128 fps which is pretty cool already. I want to know what else they've done. Shitty network code and lag is the most annoying thing to me when playing FPSs.

They use a fog of war networking system which makes wallhacks (almost) useless. There is an article here on it if you're interested in that sort of thing.
View attachment 238183

Wow I didn't realize they were using Unreal Engine. I assumed they were using some in-house developed engine. It seems like they are keeping their promise and really going all out with anti-cheat and networking.

Thats wack if thats true.

It's win/win for them if you think about it. Streamers basically getting lots more viewers due to drops. They don't have to put #ad in the title. You have to tune in to people playing the game to get the drop so

Sad. I still see cheaters in Apex from time to time and honestly it's the aimbots that are problems. In this game though wallhacks and aimbots are both serious problems.

Nothing can stop hacks from being created. It's how long the hack is undetectable for that makes all the difference. VAC protected games have hacks that have been undetectable for years. Valorant's implementation is a step closer to making the creation of undetectable hacks a much more difficult process.

So much for their awesome anticheat.

a lot of them have actually been getting caught mid game and insta banned. had one on my team last night, we all called the dude out because it was blatantly obvious and before the second round started he was banned.

a lot of them have actually been getting caught mid game and insta banned. had one on my team last night, we all called the dude out because it was blatantly obvious and before the second round started he was banned.

That could be live bans though since the # of keys they've issued is limited. The true test will be when the game is fully released.

I tried the basic's on my sons account. I was able to get my own through watching Twitch players. It seems fun.

Reactions: Damos
like this
So I randomly checked my email and saw i had been given access to the closed beta.

Listen, I've played CS for like 15 years now. All i can tell you is that it feels exactly the same. From the shooting mechanics to movement, except they added player abilities. I must say, the game as bland as it is, runs great. The netcode and all was flawless. I only played 1 game, we won, and i completely dominated. Went like 35 kills, 11 deaths.

As far as me playing it again? Meh, i was over it. All this waiting and hype, isnt really for me at the moment. Maybe ill change my mind but for now, it was very meh.

So I randomly checked my email and saw i had been given access to the closed beta.

Listen, I've played CS for like 15 years now. All i can tell you is that it feels exactly the same. From the shooting mechanics to movement, except they added player abilities. I must say, the game as bland as it is, runs great. The netcode and all was flawless. I only played 1 game, we won, and i completely dominated. Went like 35 kills, 11 deaths.

As far as me playing it again? Meh, i was over it. All this waiting and hype, isnt really for me at the moment. Maybe ill change my mind but for now, it was very meh.
Maybe the real problem is you already played this game 15 years. Think of this as the CS entrypoint for a new gen of teenagers going forward.

Last edited:
Maybe the real problem is you already played this game 15 years. Think of this game as the CS entrypoint for a new gen of teenagers going forward.

I think that was the problem for me. If I had wanted to play competitive CS I would have already, adding characters and skills isn't going to draw me in. I was normally just a pub server scrub and never had the urge to really practice and get good at it and Valorant gives me the same feeling.

I’m still waiting for a beta key lol. But I will try it out if I get one. I normally watch twitch anyways so it’s just hopefully a matter of time.

I have CS, but played only 20 hours or so.

Maybe the real problem is you already played this game 15 years. Think of this as the CS entrypoint for a new gen of teenagers going forward.

Lol yah I guess. CS:GO’s staying power is fucking incredible though. After all these years. Still a top game.

I’m still waiting for a beta key lol. But I will try it out if I get one. I normally watch twitch anyways so it’s just hopefully a matter of time.

Lol I have almost 2,600 hours of CS:GO but rarely play anymore.

make sure your shits linked properly, login to your account on the valorant site at least once. all you have to do is watch 1 valorant stream for 2 hours and then that's it. watching any longer doesn't improve your chances and you don't have to be watching at the time of receiving the invite. should have one within 24 hours.

I had no idea this game launched on Epic last month going to give it a try even though it just looks like a CSGO corner peaker.

Untitled.jpg

Wasn't the Designer of the game female I'll see if she has good taste.

It obfuscates what weapon you're using, too! JUST BUY IT!
This is really the only problem.

This is amateur hour compared to CS price wise. Except the marketplace makes it way better in CS. I think I've made 15x over what I paid for it just playing the stupid thing and selling skins.

Even shit ones would often go up in value after time from pennies to a couple bucks. Dump like 10 of them and hey there's $20. Then oh, this one is mysteriously $15 now. And I have 20 crates that are selling for a couple bucks. Sure this P90 is apparently worth $45 to some maniac now 5 years after someone gave it to me for nothing.

Between CS and PUBG pre-order items funding my Steam account, I've barely paid for a game in years.

I keep holding a few CS skins that are now in the hundreds. I just can't sell them bc they have so much sentimental value now lol.

My favorites are my Deagle Blaze Factory new and Deagle Hypnotic StaTrack factory new.

I can't get this game to run through Epic so I'm trying the Standalone Riot client instead and installing on primary drive instead.
Kept geting TMP 2.0 needs to be enabled and Secure Boot which I though was enabled but the game didn't pick it up.

I tried two Youtube tutorials still couldn't get the game to work crashes at tutorial.
Really dont' care anyway it won't pick up my controller.

Back