• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Total War: Rome 2

im having so much fun as Sparta.

just had a pretty nice battle the odds were very much against only a sliver of yellow on the chances of winning meter before the battle.

its not even my main army.
<snip>


Clearly Haxors :)
 
At 1440p, it's kind of a deal breaker without SLI. I'll wait for a fix a LITTLE bit more before turning down the settings.
 
The game UI is fugly as shit. I don't know which icons do exactly what. Shogun 2 is 10x clearer and doesn't look like shit.
 
Same. There is only one thing I like about the new battle UI and that's the formation button.
 
I don't get why they ditched the "minimal UI" option?

I loved that in Empire, you could make the UI small and it allowed you to see more of hte actual game and les sGIANT ICONS cluttering up your screen.

Shogun 2 didn't have this option because the UI basically was the minimal UI.

However for some absurd strange reason they mad ethe default UI in Rome 2 GIGANTIC, I mean in a huge battle it can literally take up over 40'ish % of the bottom middle of your screen and sticks out like a sore thumb, mainly because they are using giant Unit icons to represent your troops.
 
I don't get why they ditched the "minimal UI" option?

I loved that in Empire, you could make the UI small and it allowed you to see more of hte actual game and les sGIANT ICONS cluttering up your screen.

Shogun 2 didn't have this option because the UI basically was the minimal UI.

However for some absurd strange reason they mad ethe default UI in Rome 2 GIGANTIC, I mean in a huge battle it can literally take up over 40'ish % of the bottom middle of your screen and sticks out like a sore thumb, mainly because they are using giant Unit icons to represent your troops.

Shogun 2 had it down, i love that UI.
 
Problems aside, I'm loving the game. Sure its got its bugs, and more than a few WTH where they thinking moments

Only thing I wish they'd fix asap is the co op campaign decision time for the AI.

Also, I don't know if its a bug or what but maybe someone could help me

I was around 29 turns in with rome, had an avg income of 3k per turn and 3 thousand men total. But suddenly my income droped to less than 500 and at times in the red. My military upkeep was way too high, and i had less men than before. Got destroyed cause I couldn't progress and I couldn't rise more armies. Never got my income higher than 600 after it declined. Did I screw up my econ ? Some tips would be helpful... don't want to resort to cheating
 
i haven't noticed that happening to me, im playing as sparta atm

so far this is my campaign map

774516_585290621535415_331978851_o.jpg
 
Man playing gaul on very hard is a huge pain in the ass. 5 turns in 3 people declared war on me 2 of which had way more troops than me. i think i was 30-40 turns in before i took my first town. loads of fun though being right on the brink of defeat and clawing your way back.

also i just found movie mode bottom which is bad ass.

balistas are op as hell. and shooting boats are a great way to lvl them up fast. I had a army of 1500 guys row past my 5 balistas units. its wasn't pretty.
 
Man playing gaul on very hard is a huge pain in the ass. 5 turns in 3 people declared war on me 2 of which had way more troops than me. i think i was 30-40 turns in before i took my first town. loads of fun though being right on the brink of defeat and clawing your way back.

also i just found movie mode bottom which is bad ass.

balistas are op as hell. and shooting boats are a great way to lvl them up fast. I had a army of 1500 guys row past my 5 balistas units. its wasn't pretty.

I found that the AI breaks for reinforcing armies, and also for a lot of other situations. I've been taking an army of 2500 or so and stomping armies of 4000+ as long as a lot of them are reinforcing or in other situations...
 
I dig the LOS mechanics on the tactical map, but have yet to actually try staging ambushes with it. Basically you can tuck your units behind hills, trees, walls, etc. to hide their movements from the enemy. You can view your LOS on the minimap by looking for the shaded areas; you should notice that the shaded areas will shift around as your armies move about the map. In any case, it's been a feature I had hoped would show up in a TW game since watching the climatic battle in The Last Samurai.
 
Last edited:
I dig the LOS mechanics on the tactical map, but have yet to actually try staging ambushes with it. Basically you can tuck your units behind hills, trees, walls, etc. to hide their movements from the enemy. You can view your LOS on the minimap by looking for the shaded areas; you should notice that they shaded areas will shift around as your armies move about the map. In any case, it's been a feature I had hoped would show up in a TW game since watching the climatic battle in The Last Samurai.

I hide my calvalry out of sight.
 
Can we split an army In this game? I can't seem to take a portion of my army and split it off from my main force since I guess it needs a general. I also don't think we can have multiple generals in the same army :/
 
I hate the UI direction....

After playing Rome 1, the UI feels like Windows 3.1 Popups over popups, small text, etc.

Also very slow gameplay :(

I liked Rome 1 better
 
I hate the UI direction....

After playing Rome 1, the UI feels like Windows 3.1 Popups over popups, small text, etc.

Also very slow gameplay :(

I liked Rome 1 better

i wouldn't mind the slow gameplay as much if the game didn't crash all the time.
 
Can we split an army In this game? I can't seem to take a portion of my army and split it off from my main force since I guess it needs a general. I also don't think we can have multiple generals in the same army :/

1 general per army and you need another general near by to split into.

so recruit a new general at a near by city and you will get an option for splitting when you move them on top of each other.
 
Is Carthage successful in anyone's campaign? I try to assist Carthage with tribute in all my campaigns (Egypt, Athens) and they still get wiped out by minor factions. For it being such a powerful faction in its time CA didn't put too much time into their AI to make them successful during the campaign.

Anyways, my only complaint so far is that you can't gift land only money, making proxy wars impossible with this stupid AI.
 
in my spartan campaign i think carthage was around for 50 or so turns, im on turn 83 atm
 
1 general per army and you need another general near by to split into.

so recruit a new general at a near by city and you will get an option for splitting when you move them on top of each other.

strange how they did that

Parthia is hard to start with, but I think I have a foothold of some sort :p

o and someone mentioned earlier that shift and left click crashes the driver, same here
 
How are people not fuming over this like they were with Sim City? I've seen people with crazy specs get shit frames and then there is things like this. It's comical.
 
the game runs for me and is very playable. nothing like sim city launch
 
How are people not fuming over this like they were with Sim City? I've seen people with crazy specs get shit frames and then there is things like this. It's comical.

holy shit wow
thats really bad
 
How are people not fuming over this like they were with Sim City? I've seen people with crazy specs get shit frames and then there is things like this. It's comical.

I have 3 780's and got 32fps in the benchmark. Couldn't get past that and exited the game until it matures and everything gets fixed.
 
watch part 1 for another wtf laugh (some funny stuff here). i wanted to get it but then it dawned on me it's the same shit add bugs as previous games. seems like some people get lucky and don't have issues with performance, but performance isn't the only issue with the game. if this was distributed by ea people would be crying murder.
 
I have 3 780's and got 32fps in the benchmark. Couldn't get past that and exited the game until it matures and everything gets fixed.

That can't be right. I get 34fps with 1 GTX 670, all settings maxed at 1080.
 
That can't be right. I get 34fps with 1 GTX 670, all settings maxed at 1080.

Until Nvidia puts out new drivers, I believe SLI is actually giving negative scaling.

I'm about 12 hours into my Rome campaign and still really enjoying it.
 
I'm on a i3-3330 3gz, 16gb ram and 5870 driver 13.1. game is max at 1920x1080 windowed.

no issues here.
 
doing skirmish
i7 at 4.5ghz, gtx 670 sli
I get single digit frames during battles.
 
Back
Top