Total War: Rome 2

I like the addition of Army trait's the whole legions will gain reputations sort of thing. Also Curious to see the playable factions that will be introduced

I loved original Rome, but after how Empire and Shogun 2 went im gonna wait and see the reviews first. I bought both on release and felt disappointed.

I loved original Rome, but after how Empire and Shogun 2 went im gonna wait and see the reviews first. I bought both on release and felt disappointed.

Empire was really fun, everything was improved including diplomacy..I don't see what was wrong with it?

Maybe you were bad with the battles at the beginning? I found it pretty hard to adjust, I would own in Medieval, but in Empire I would always get rolled at first.

What didn't you like about Shogun 2, I'm just curious? I thought it was definitely one of the better of the series (although the AI for defending castles was quite bad).

Oh yes yes yes. I wish it was coming out soon, I need a new game. I despise Diablo 3 now.

I AM SO EXCITED.

Reinstalling Shogun 2 tongiht to get even more excited. I think Rome is everyone's favorite TW game!

One thing I hope is better over Shogun 2 is the epic 340 hour loading sequence at the beginning! :D

Empire was really fun, everything was improved including diplomacy..I don't see what was wrong with it?

Maybe you were bad with the battles at the beginning? I found it pretty hard to adjust, I would own in Medieval, but in Empire I would always get rolled at first.
All the bugs and bad AI. GB never leaving the islands at first although I think that got fixed eventually.
I didnt like how turns took forever to complete either. Shogun 2 annoyed me in how administrative costs went through the roof after a certain number of regions were under your control. Then there was the AI creating armies out of nowhere behind the map fog.
Every faction felt the same in Shogun but .maybe that's how the original was, too. I think I did like the improved diplomacy though..

A lot of little things really. I preferred the feel of medieval 2 and rome.

I didn't see this, but seriously... fuck yes! Rome: TW was incredible. I logged more hours into that than any other TW game.

I haven't played TW since Rome. I never hear reports of improvements in AI. Will world map AI in Rome 2 be more challenging than Rome? It would be a whole lot of fun if the AI kingdoms were tactical enough to give you a good challenge without resorting to infinite money and army spawning.

Pretty pleeeeeeeeease let the worldmap AI be better than Rome 1! with sugar on top!

Rome was the first time you really saw what a total war game could be. The original Shogun was cool, but the strategic map was extremely limited, and there wasn't a lot of variety in the battles. Rome not only made the world map an equal part of the game, but put you against such a variety of enemies from the heavily armored Greeks phalanx, the barbarian hordes, the Asian cavalry, you could fight 3 battles and have to employ quite different strategies in each to prevail.

I'm anxious to see how they return to this one. The ideas about politics and in-fighting within a faction seem interesting. Is this taking the next step from having you customize hero units with traits and followers, to perhaps making them real players within the faction... It's a long way off, but I'm always ready for a new total ware game.

Now if theSteam summer sale would just start so I can pick up fall of the Samurai on the cheap.

Loved Rome. Loved M2.

Empire ran like shit on my system, specifically the campaign map. The battles all ran perfectly. Shogun just wasn't really my thing as far as culture goes, though the performance was much improved over Empire.

It was pretty obvious that this was going to be Rome. I hope they do something new for the installment after this (though Medieval 2 was my favorite).

I haven't played TW since Rome. I never hear reports of improvements in AI. Will world map AI in Rome 2 be more challenging than Rome? It would be a whole lot of fun if the AI kingdoms were tactical enough to give you a good challenge without resorting to infinite money and army spawning.

Pretty pleeeeeeeeease let the worldmap AI be better than Rome 1! with sugar on top!

The AI has always been a bit wonky, but if you play any of the games up to now with the fanmade DarthMod, it addresses almost every issue that one could complain about the series.

I didn't see this, but seriously... fuck yes! Rome: TW was incredible. I logged more hours into that than any other TW game.

You should log more on Shogun 2.. especially if you have a friend that'd play the campaign with you. ;)

The AI has always been a bit wonky, but if you play any of the games up to now with the fanmade DarthMod, it addresses almost every issue that one could complain about the series.

Really? I'm going to look this up

Loved Rome. Loved M2.

Empire ran like shit on my system, specifically the campaign map. The battles all ran perfectly. Shogun just wasn't really my thing as far as culture goes, though the performance was much improved over Empire.

That was due to the SSAO or DoF I believe. If you turned that off the map worked fine, it took like 10s to find out by searching google.

I've been begging for this since Empire came out, I want Rome with Empire/Napoleon graphics, especially SEA BATTLES.

Day 1 preorder. Creative Assembly hasn't disappointed me yet, and Rome was easily my favorite of the series.

THIS LAND IS ROMAN!

I am very happy to be getting away from guns; I felt that the gun combat made for the easiest gameplay out of the franchise.

This is great news! Rome TW was the first TW game I ever played, then ME2, then Empire. I actually skipped Shogun 2 so far, I think mainly because I was getting burned out on the TW series. I just hope my system can handle Rome 2.

I am very happy to be getting away from guns; I felt that the gun combat made for the easiest gameplay out of the franchise.

Medieval was the easiest IMO. Then again I rarely played battles in Rome, because a lot of times I prefer the building up cities/economy aspect/diplomacy. But on my next playthrough(started last week or so) I am going to start playing more battles again.

Medieval was the easiest IMO. Then again I rarely played battles in Rome, because a lot of times I prefer the building up cities/economy aspect/diplomacy. But on my next playthrough(started last week or so) I am going to start playing more battles again.

My friend and I had a challenge on Legendary where we had to play out every battle. It can really fuck you over sometimes : (

I hope they do away with the factions (Julii, Scipii, & Brutii) like the original RTW had. Just have one Rome like many of the modders had done. The naval fighting sounds like a nice addition too. The original sorely lacked that.

I hope they do away with the factions (Julii, Scipii, & Brutii) like the original RTW had. Just have one Rome like many of the modders had done. The naval fighting sounds like a nice addition too. The original sorely lacked that.

It was fun in the original with the different families, but i think they should have made it a bit differently. I felt your roman allies were all completely useless. In my current playthrough im getting attacked from like all sides and they just sit there not doing anything. I think more power in the senate should have allowed you to control more armies or something.

I want a better AI.

This. The hardest mode in Shogun 2 wasnt hard because of good AI, it was hard because they had extreme economic advantages. I cant remember what all they had exactly, but i remember their small towns pumping out units like crazy. Its not normal to grow an army that big that quickly!!

Back