• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Thermaltake Gallery

Is that perforated alu on the front there? Mind taking a picture with the front door opened aswell? :)

No it just looks like it. it's solid.
There's an opening at the bottom of the door to feed the 120 intake. It had a little plate that I took off so it could breathe better.
I'll try to get an inside shot tonight.
 
No it just looks like it. it's solid.
There's an opening at the bottom of the door to feed the 120 intake. It had a little plate that I took off so it could breathe better.
I'll try to get an inside shot tonight.



Oh alright... to bad it's solid, would've been nicer with perforated... oh well. :)

The search for a new case continues.
 
What i've noticed with my armor is the front mesh collects dust very well. Every week or so i need to clean the front of the face plates offs. I could only image what kind of dust would be in my machine if i didnt have those. Stinks the only way to get 2 front intake fans is by grabbing one of those icage things. Im throwing a Swiftech dual 120mm rad in the front so theres gonna be my 2 intakes. Ive always used the top left hard drive rack, i can hide the cables better that way
 
yeah, it is a bread buddy haha, nice and big for a somewhat good chiller, ice packs are one of my friends now ;)
So use a big a** res, and you put the "ice bricks" that you use for lunch in them? That is an awesome idea!

http://www.fixit-4u.net/mrk/root/photos/room_gear/desktop.jpg
_MG_4345_darkbright.jpg
What desk is that? I like, looks big and doesn't have a crappy keyboard tray, that I can see.
 
Some really great rigs here! Here is my new Kandalf LCS. First TT and I love it. Also first water setup and it is awesome. I *may* change the block to a DD, but everything is doing really well right out of the box. Got me to a successful 3.46Ghz at 1.525V on the QX6700 keeping temps at 100% small FFT prime load at 75C for 24hrs. Pretty nice since on the Zalman with excellent airflow temps were shooting towards 100 after 3 mins!

On to the pics:

TT1k-2.jpg


TT1k.jpg


PIC_0004.jpg
 
I think the "old" Kandalf is still around as the Kandalf. The LCS had to have the look changed because the entire front is a massive radiator (which is what really drew me to the case when I decided to go water). One thing that always put me off water was the sort of ghetto look that many peoples rigs have with heater cores from a 79 bonneville sitting on the floor next to the PC. The integrated radiator in the LCS seemed like a great platform to build on. I may ultimately change the CPU block, but the pump and res seem fine also.
 
o koo man, idk i know the case is watercooled but still looks awful IMO. idk i doubt u will get a big diff from changeing cpu blocks
 
I think you're probably right. Im already doing ok with 75C sustained at 100% Prime small FFT load on a pretty aggressive overclock. Ill most likely leave it alone unless there is real need to change something.
 
Having seen both Kandalfs in person, I like the LCS better. That front is just sexy :p

Great job man!!

I'll get pics of my modded Tsunami up in a bit.
 
Here's my slightly modded Tsunami. I have

Stuck a 15" Cold Cathode tube down the front to replace the wimpy LEDs
Cut out the front and rear fan grills (the back one was to restrictive, and since I was doing the back one I just went on and did the front one too. cuts down on air turbulence noise a bit)
Mounted all the fans in the case on silicon isolating grommets, cuts down on case vibration and noise

Rig is as follows: Core 2 Duo E4300 @ 3.06 ghz, Gigabyte DS3 Rev 2.0, EVGA 6800GS, 2 gigs of OCZ Platinum XTC, X-fi Xtreme Music, Seasonic S12 430 watt, Samsung 18x DVD burner / Lightscribe, Western Digital 250, Seagate 320.

Sorry for the sub-par pics, sister took the good camera away for a week.

overview.jpg


backfancutout.jpg


frontfancutout.jpg
 
Does anyone know how to get some decent wire management going on inside the Armor Series (or the like)?:confused:
 
create false walls.

Exactly what I'll be doing.:) I just got some akasa paxmate 2 noise dampening material in today and I plan on routing wires behind that, then leaving the ones I like out in the open but also being tidy about them too.
 
its very hard, since theres soo much empty space. what did was allow the cables to be seen. Picked up some UV reactive cables for my IDE and SATA cables..

IMG_1941.jpg


IMG_1946.jpg


IMG_1958.jpg
 
That's exactly what I'm doing. I have some UV cathodes on the way here and I'm shopping for UV cable sleeving at the moment. I was going to cut up my motherboard tray, but I think I'm just going to put a hold on that until a later date.

What size is good for PSU wires? 1/4''?
 
Having seen both Kandalfs in person, I like the LCS better. That front is just sexy :p

Great job man!!

I'll get pics of my modded Tsunami up in a bit.

Thanks man! That Tsunami looks awesome :cool:

Very well thought out mods too

On the cable mgmt thing, I noticed that too in the Kandalf/Armor. It can be tough to hide with all the space (esp for someone lazy like me :) ) False walls is an excellent idea for someone less lazy :D
 
I know it's not much, but for now i'm happy. I will add another graphics card later and plan on adding at least 1 more hard drive. I also am looking at cpu coolers as we speak and would like something with a little more wow factor. I'm also tossing around the idea of sold cold case loghting. The real shame is that I am using a crappy 15" LCD until I can save up the money to get something really BIG. LCD suggentions would be appreciated. I;m thinking of something to use as my TV and monitor at the same time.





 
Just got my new system in my Kandalf a couple days ago and I'm finally done organizing everything, so here it is.

frontbays.jpg


100_3090.jpg


100_3077.jpg


I use a sunbeam chameleon for case lighting, thats why theres no cathodes or led fans. I just cant take a pic cuz my camera doesnt capture the light at all, but it looks really nice in person.
 
Just got my new system in my Kandalf a couple days ago and I'm finally done organizing everything, so here it is.


I use a sunbeam chameleon for case lighting, thats why theres no cathodes or led fans. I just cant take a pic cuz my camera doesnt capture the light at all, but it looks really nice in person.

Sound dampening ftw man, holy crap! :eek:
 
Here's my slightly modded Tsunami. I have

Stuck a 15" Cold Cathode tube down the front to replace the wimpy LEDs
Cut out the front and rear fan grills (the back one was to restrictive, and since I was doing the back one I just went on and did the front one too. cuts down on air turbulence noise a bit)
Mounted all the fans in the case on silicon isolating grommets, cuts down on case vibration and noise

Rig is as follows: Core 2 Duo E4300 @ 3.06 ghz, Gigabyte DS3 Rev 2.0, EVGA 6800GS, 2 gigs of OCZ Platinum XTC, X-fi Xtreme Music, Seasonic S12 430 watt, Samsung 18x DVD burner / Lightscribe, Western Digital 250, Seagate 320.

Sorry for the sub-par pics, sister took the good camera away for a week.

ttp://www.maj.com/gallery/mark-wms/workstation/asoffeb07/overview.jpg

http://www.maj.com/gallery/mark-wms/workstation/asoffeb07/backfancutout.jpg

http://www.maj.com/gallery/mark-wms/workstation/asoffeb07/frontfancutout.jpg
how much does it help, cutting down the fan grills like that? is it anything really significant or just minor drop in noise or temps?
 
If I may be allowed to say so, cutting those grills out does make a noticeable difference, 2-3c drop in case temp and the turbulence noise is almost gone. Fitting some nice beefy 120x38mm Panaflo Mediums helps, as well. :D
 
Just got my new system in my Kandalf a couple days ago and I'm finally done organizing everything, so here it is.

I use a sunbeam chameleon for case lighting, thats why theres no cathodes or led fans. I just cant take a pic cuz my camera doesnt capture the light at all, but it looks really nice in person.



+1 on the Holy Sound Dampening Batman comment, but it does look nice.

and also +1 on the cutting out the fan grills....they just look so restrictive!
 
The back one is pretty restrictive, probably only 50 or 60% airflow. The front one is nicer, but since I was cutting anyways I took it out. There's a bit less turbulence / noise, but since I put an entire new PC into the case I can't give you temperature differences.
 
I like the variety of fan controllers. Makes me miss my desktop. May it RIP
 
Man, i dont know how some people's zalman fan LED is sooo bright. im almost ashamed on how dim mine is.

:(
 
This is a Thermaltake Shark Case.. Originally all silver. I had the side panels and some of the front part powdercoated blue.. I also dremel'd out a side window in lieu of the honeycomb window thingy..


DSCN8125.jpg



DSCN8130.jpg



DSCN8126.jpg



DSCN8131.jpg
 
Back
Top