Thermaltake Gallery

I just stumbled onto this Thermaltake thread. Everything here looks great! I'll post pics of my new TT Armor setup as soon as I get back my digicam from little sis.

wring3.jpg

wiring3.jpg

The exhaust fan (and intake fan) are Aerocool 89.something cfm fans.. The two fans sitting on that heat sink are Thermaltake 78 cfm fans.

Just looked through this gallery since my new-to-me Armor Extreme should be arriving tomorrow. Gotta love great deals in the FS/FT section of the forum:p Fall break this weekend so I should have it all set up and post here. Now where do I put that 360mm rad? Oh, I know!

alrighty then, after transferring all of my hardware to this case and checking for water leaks and such I finally have this:
IMG_3081.jpg

The bottom 9 bays are occupied with my BIP360 rad pulling air from the case to expell it out the front.
IMG_3082.jpg

The rear 120 and 90 mm fans are sucking air in and obviously the PSU fan is blowing air out. I was curious how this would work as the case pulls air from the top as well.

The proof is in the overclock. I am now 3ghz stable and have room to grow as my load temperature is at only 52C. I am very impressed with this case and will probably never go back to a cheaper case. Obviously cable managment could be better but I just had this weekend to do the case switch since it is fall break. I wanted to start playing protal and Episode 2 as well while on break but I am stoked about this case.

Does anyone have a Thermaltake Tsunami with watercooling?
Just curious if anyone was able to do so, so I can gather some referrence on possibly taking on watercooling on this case.
Hopefully without drilling holes if possible. I don't own a drill.

thanks in advance

Just curious if anyone was able to do so, so I can gather some referrence on possibly taking on watercooling on this case.

thanks in advance

I have the Tsunami, no watercooling unfortunately. I can tell though from being a mid-tower, although it's a decently roomy case, water cooling might be a bit of a tight fit. There isn't really any room for an internal rad, which is ok, but even with a pump and small resevoir, it would be tight trying to fit it all in there. I may try it out in a couple months, although I was thinking of switching over to a CM Stacker or 690 :eek:

thanks in advance

The tsunami and this case are pretty much the same internally. I had to drill holes though. If you need anymore help just ask. Hope this helps.
img00032gu4.jpg

The tsunami and this case are pretty much the same internally. I had to drill holes though. If you need anymore help just ask. Hope this helps.
img00032gu4.jpg

thank you sir.
If you could provide more pictures on where I would install radiators, reservoirs, tubings I would greatly appreciate it. The closer the shots, the better. My eyes ain't what it used to be.

I would pretty much copy your layout (minus GPU cooling---yet).
thanks in advance.

So you have a bay resevoir, and is that a dual-rad on the back? If you only have one, maybe 2 HDD's you could stick the pump down in the hard drive bay, I put mine right in the middle right now for the most air flow :D

BTW raygan_gamer, he doesn't have GPU cooling, that's chipset water cooling ;)

thank you sir.
If you could provide more pictures on where I would install radiators, reservoirs, tubings I would greatly appreciate it. The closer the shots, the better. My eyes ain't what it used to be.

I would pretty much copy your layout (minus GPU cooling---yet).
thanks in advance.

Ok I can get some better shots of it for you. And with my layout I can only use one hard drive. I could maybe remount the pump so I have more clearance for the tubing. But one hard drive is all I need.

So you have a bay resevoir, and is that a dual-rad on the back? If you only have one, maybe 2 HDD's you could stick the pump down in the hard drive bay, I put mine right in the middle right now for the most air flow :D

BTW raygan_gamer, he doesn't have GPU cooling, that's chipset water cooling ;)

I do have a dual rad on the back. Yes my pump is down in the hard drive bay. I don't have the GPU on water yet, but I'm sure there is room for that as well. Also I don't have the chipset water cooled. It does look like I do in that pic. It's just an illusion from a wire being plugged in into the extra PCI express power connection on the mobo.

Edit..I do have a 5 1/4 bay resevior in the loop.

Ok I can get some better shots of it for you. And with my layout I can only use one hard drive. I could maybe remount the pump so I have more clearance for the tubing. But one hard drive is all I need.

I do have a dual rad on the back. Yes my pump is down in the hard drive bay. I don't have the GPU on water yet, but I'm sure there is room for that as well. Also I don't have the chipset water cooled. It does look like I do in that pic. It's just an illusion from a wire being plugged in into the extra PCI express power connection on the mobo.

wow, I'm learning more everyday just visiting this site:D
Here's a snapshot of my CPU:

Whoops my bad. There's just so much tubing in there, I assumed there had to be at LEAST one more thing water cooled other than the CPU :p

@ Sta!nless
Did you reroute your wires at the back of mobo?
Or did you tuck n hide in one of the bays?

thanks in advance

No wires behind mobo, and yes most of everything was tucked away. I'll take some pics hopefully tomorrow.

Edit.. Hope we're not derailing the thread with this.

Edit 2.. PM replied to.

Carry on, lets see some nice thermaltake cases

Could you please provide detailed specks on your Quad rad setup as well a few more pics of the rad and inside of case. I have the same case and I'm looking up good w/c parts to fit it. Any deatails would be appreciated.

Home File sever, does all the storage while my DL380 does the rest ;)

DSCF1039.jpg

DSCF1037.jpg

DSCF1033.jpg

DSCF1031.jpg

Specs

AMD Athlon64 3200+ 754 (From the for sale section on Hexus)
Abit K8V Deluxe Motherboard (From the for sale section on Hexus)
512mb Corsair Value Select Memory
Thermaltake Aguila Case (From the for sale section on Hexus)
480W Tagen 2Force PSU
2 x 120mm fans @ 600rpm
Scythe Infinity (passive)

Storage

2 x 500GB Samsung Spinpoints (RAID 1)
1 x 80gig WD IDE (Bootdrive)
2 x 160gig WD IDE (in 5.25 hotswap drive trays)

I still have another couple of 500gig drives to get and a third hotswap tray to add for the the 80gig drive to be moved into.

I have a tsunami right now and am thinking of picking up a second to use as my HTPC case, but I've spent a couple days looking at alternatives as well. Nothing else out there seems to interest me.

If the Tsunami had a sideways 3.5" drive cage or if the overall depth of the case was increased a few inches it would be perfect.

I just added an 8800GT to mine and the length of that card makes one bay in the drive cage useless.

I wonder how the noise levels are on the Tsunami compared to the Lian-Li PC-V1200 :D

hi!

I'm rebuilding my rig with a Tsunami VA3000BWA (Its being shipped). I am using a ThermalRight 120 heatsink with my current rig. I have suddenly had a heart attack that the fan on the side of the VA3000BWA will prevent the heatsink fitting :(

Anyone verify either way?

Thanks

Thanks for the heads up carholmes!

Thinking of going for a Silent Knight in that case :)

dude, the side fan is an 80mm I think and therefore louder than the 120's.

I have the dual 120's front and back, 120 on the heatsink, and 120 in the power supply only. case is quiet and cool. harddrives sit around 32c all the time and my Athlon X2 3800+ always idled around the same temperature.

the small side fan is not neccesary and will only make it louder. I wish that window had no fan on it.

probably at the guy right above my post that said he was worried about having to remove the side fan and then said he'd buy something else instead

Well heres my rig. I just finished my first loop two days ago. It was alot easier to set up than I thought. My rig is now quieter than ever before, and with better temps.

hpim1062tx1.jpg

hpim1078sf1.jpg

Yea, I'm thinking about doing something about that mesh in the front panel. I think I might get some smoked grey or black acrylic and mount it on stand-offs behind the mesh. What do you guys think?

hpim1080ub8.jpg

hpim1066vt1.jpg

amdx23800003qs4.jpg

amdx23800006aw6.jpg

amdx23800005qb1.jpg

In System
Amd x 2 3800 - Zalmans 9700 Heatsink
ASUS A8N32-SLI Deluxe motherboard
2x 512MB Corsair Extreme DDR PC3200 Twinx 2 512mb
2 x 512 Ballistic
EVGA e-GeForce 8600GT Superclocked 256MB
Lg Dvd Burner
1 x WD 500 gig
Thermaltake Armor Jr Case
Kingwin ABT-520MA1W MACH 1 Modular Power Supply 520W

Getting ready for a Tsunami Dream Build. Simple case mod, couple lights, clean wiring, stealthed drives, custom led rockers for the lights. Anyone have any ideas for some stuff they have been intereseted in seeing on the Tsunami chassis?

stick a 16" cold cathode tube down the front door instead of those 2 wimpy LEDs. Creates a wicked cool lighting effect. Did it to mine, love it.

Back