Thermaltake Gallery

DSC00501.JPG

DSC00502.JPG

Nice job on that Soprano bro ~ you did a lot with little space.

Thanks man. It was a little tight, but things worked out good considering this was alot smaller then the last case I had. Actually this was the easiest case for wire management I've ever had.

I wouldn't buy this case again. I had too much trouble with cooling the graphics card. An Sli or XFire definatly wouldn't work. The pump is shite also. Good sturdy case however. Looks nice too. I like Thermaltake cases, but next time I will do a Lian li V2000+.
IMGP2303.jpg

IMGP2316.jpg

IMGP2255.jpg

IMGP2317.jpg

Link...

Here is my Thermaltake Swing. I just randomly bought it when I walked into the store. Thank god its a ncie little case keeps everything cool. Big 120mm fan for intake and 120mm exhaust. (the intake i had to purchase seperately) I also have another 2 fans (120mm each) to mount on the side of my case)

Here are some pictures.

IMGP0532.jpg

IMGP0533.jpg

Yes I need to do some wire management. And yes i meant 120mm fan :p

This weekend when I have time im going to change some wiring around :)

Trendy, very nice system.:D ;)

Thanks, I spend a lot of time cleaning out dust filters to keep it in tip-top shape.

I wish I had read up on the cabling thing a bit more before buying the armor series case, it's IMPOSSIBLE lol

Trendy, you have your Zalman CPU fan pulling air in from the back?

Also if you take a look at my case, i think its a few pages back.. I went a bit crazy with the wires on the back of the mobo tray

Trendy, you have your Zalman CPU fan pulling air in from the back?

Also if you take a look at my case, i think its a few pages back.. I went a bit crazy with the wires on the back of the mobo tray

I thought the same thing, but if it is pulling air from the back, it sure isn't doing a good job. I'll have to turn it around and see later tonight. (I feel like a noob. . lol)

I have a Kandalf and I agree that the Armor / Kandalf is hard for wire management.

IMAG0173.jpg

its actually better than this now, you can no longer see the green IDE cable going into the board, all the red, yellow wires have been tape back or hidden, the black tubing coming down with the motherboard power connector now has the GPU power cable running behind it so it looks like one single tube and the black tubing also goes all the way to the card instead of the white spiral wrap.

Oh and i have added a Freezer 7 Pro.

as you can see the rear drive bays hold all my inverters etc and this is covered by the side panel

IMAG0176.jpg

yea Trendy the best way to mount that cooler is facing the back 120mm fan to exhaust the hot air.

Also the reason why the Armor/Kandalf is so hard for wire management is because the inside is plain jane and simpleville USA. Its simplicity makes it great yet allows for you to be creative in finding ways to make it work.

The way i did it was to hide the ugly cables and show off the good ones, i wasnt worried about hiding IDE or SATA cables or even the 24pin ATX power. if you do it right it will look just as nice as if u didnt seee em.

Also getting some anti-vibration mats, the sound dampening stuff helps to not only hide but it cleans up the case a bit. Instead of looking at silver interior you can make it black and reduce any extra noise. The case is very quiet to begin with, the mats just clean up the rough spots

I'm waiting to get my pay check, but I'm planing on buying a dremel and cutting some holes for some of the bigger wires to line through. The SATA wires I can live with once I buy a UV light, the ones I have now are just blue and don't "light up" the SATA wires I have now.

As for the fan, I quickly installed the thing a few weeks ago and just figured the fan was where all the air was directed out, but upon further inspection I found this to be wrong. Although, the 120mm fan is dominating the air flow from the Zalman and pull all the air from it the way it is now, I'm still going to go in and turn the right direction sometime tonight when I go to apply some Arctic Silver.

Edit: Added the Arctic Silver and turning the fan around made my ambient temperatures drop drastically, thanks!

Try the Thermaltake Swing. Wire management is a bishhh.. let me tell you. I tried to do some this weekend. 3 hours I spent and it made me a bit frustrated trying to get molex's all together. I removed portion of my USB 2.0 wires since I do not use the front panel. I might hook it up later down the road.
But I will probably just eventually end up buying a huge LianLI case. They are spacious and have enough room to place with.

I dont see any point on me right now trying to sleeve the wires since they will still be visible and in the way.

Im a new guy here and a avid Tt fan so here's my TT monster

P1010187.jpg

close up (took pic in the middle of changing CPU & Ram)
P1010188.jpg

specs:
AMD Athlon 64 FX-62 Windsor 2.8GHz
GeForce 8800GTX 768MB 384-bit GDDR3
Gigabyte M55Plus S3 Mobo
2G (2x 1G) OCZ Platinum Memory
(2) 300GB (2) 160GB Seagate SATA HDD/ I/O Magic 600GB Ext. HDD
ThermalTake Armor Jr Case, 735 w/ Level indicator & VGA block, Toughpower 750w PSU, and all cables
(2) ViewSonic 22" LCD

Im a new guy here and a avid Tt fan so here's my TT monster

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v507/EVD2/P1010187.jpg

close up (took pic in the middle of changing CPU & Ram)
[IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v507/EVD2/P1010188.jpg[

specs:
AMD Athlon 64 FX-62 Windsor 2.8GHz
GeForce 8800GTX 768MB 384-bit GDDR3
Gigabyte M55Plus S3 Mobo
2G (2x 1G) OCZ Platinum Memory
(2) 300GB (2) 160GB Seagate SATA HDD/ I/O Magic 600GB Ext. HDD
ThermalTake Armor Jr Case, 735 w/ Level indicator & VGA block, Toughpower 750w PSU, and all cables
(2) ViewSonic 22" LCD[/QUOTE]

Nice to see an AMD setup for once :D Nice rig :cool:

Nice to see an AMD setup for once :D Nice rig :cool:

Yea, i already have an Intel and...well-....ummm.... lets just say that ive always been a hardcore AMD'er.

Im also in the middle of building a Thermaltake Lanboy w/ NVIDIA nForce4 SLI Micro ATX AMD Mobo, OCZ 2G of Ram, and a few other goodies i have laying around. Pic's will be up soon as can.

Heres my current system although the main parts will be swapped out for a new mobo, cpu, ram, and vid card, all going in this kandalf.

front bays, nice and clean looking. Theres 2 120mm fans behind the 6 "empty" looking bays.
frontbays.jpg

Insides...I might cut into the mobo sooner or later to help route some more cables
inside2.jpg

insides again, without the flash, showing off the sunbeam chameleon at work. I must say I really like this lighting unit much better than cathodes and fans. The purple its on rite now is kinda dimm, but when I change it to green or red or even blue or white it really lights up the case.
insidelight.jpg

Heres my current system although the main parts will be swapped out for a new mobo, cpu, ram, and vid card, all going in this kandalf.

front bays, nice and clean looking. Theres 2 120mm fans behind the 6 "empty" looking bays.

Insides...I might cut into the mobo sooner or later to help route some more cables

insides again, without the flash, showing off the sunbeam chameleon at work. I must say I really like this lighting unit much better than cathodes and fans. The purple its on rite now is kinda dimm, but when I change it to green or red or even blue or white it really lights up the case.

Did you order the other "iCage" seperate? I did, and the one that came with the case feels very sturdy, but the one I ordered seems cheap and flimsy.

Yeah it was ordered separate. They actually felt the same when I swapped the fan and put a hard drive in both of them.

Now just take the front LEDs out of the door and replace them with the same multicolor LEDs or Cold Cathodes you have in the case. That would be hot.

Here’s my Tsunami. It’s at 3.003GHz. I know it has more in it, but that’s just kind of a quicky OC. You can see more pics of my rig here.

Very Reflective!!!!
samfisher.jpg

Nice angle view.
finished_mid.jpg

Sponsors (haha, not really, I wish!)
brands.jpg

Inside :)
finished_flash.jpg

Howdy,

I've got a few question's for the kandolph owners. Have any of you noticed the air flow from the 92mm exhaust fan at the very top of the case? The fan works fine but the flow is weak. I think its a design flaw. The holes in the top of the case are way to small. Have any of you done anything to improve flow from that fan? Looking for ideas.

Next question. I would like to keep dust out of this case. The front of the case (intake) is all filtered up. What about the top of the case? It's got big vent holes wide open with nothing to keep the dust out. Has anyone done anything about that? I was thinking of trying to mabye find someplace that would sell me a sheet of filter material and doing something with it.

Anyone know if theres a website that sells spare case parts (ex. filters, front hdd cage to add additional 120mm fan) or aftermarket add-on's for the Kanndolph?

I am looking for ideas. Thank you.

^ 1) I replaced the top fan with a more powerful one along with all the other stock fans anyway and put it on a fan controller, but I guess you could drill out the hole diameter a little bigger.

2) I dont think any dust would be able to get to any major parts except for maybe the psu since theres all exhast fans near the top that would most likely blow out the dust that actually gets in.

3) Newegg has the "iCage" as they call the front hard drive bay, and also crazypc and xoxide. I got my extra one from xoxide since newegg was sold out.

Hope that helps!

^ 1) I replaced the top fan with a more powerful one along with all the other stock fans anyway and put it on a fan controller, but I guess you could drill out the hole diameter a little bigger.

2) I dont think any dust would be able to get to any major parts except for maybe the psu since theres all exhast fans near the top that would most likely blow out the dust that actually gets in.

3) Newegg has the "iCage" as they call the front hard drive bay, and also crazypc and xoxide. I got my extra one from xoxide since newegg was sold out.

Hope that helps!

Hey thanks a lot bud. I found the cage your talking about and ordered it. When I get up the nerve, I may drill out the holes a little bigger at the top. I'm still gonna keep an eye out for a big sheet of foam filter material that I can cut into shape. Thanks for your reply and ideas. Appreciate it.

Howdy,

. . .

I was thinking of trying to mabye find someplace that would sell me a sheet of filter material and doing something with it.

Anyone know if theres a website that sells spare case parts (ex. filters, front hdd cage to add additional 120mm fan) or aftermarket add-on's for the Kanndolph?

I am looking for ideas. Thank you.

Spare parts = www.frozencpu.com or www.xoxide.com
Filters = Lowe's or Home Depot. They sell all kinds of screens and things.

Back