The official Red Orchestra 2 thread

Keeps telling me I don't have content the server has and then boots me .. haven't had any update either.

After this latest patch my FOV slider is definitely slid to the furthest right, but the max FOV is 75, instead of 90. WTF!?

oh and pre-loading the game :D

Well the frame rate issues are still happening and the lag is still a big issue , bullets not impacting .. having to wait seconds in between shots..

Still going to wait.

I'm probably going to pre-order it when I get home from class (it's 9PM here right now). Going to play it tonight, but I also have NHL 12 to play through tomorrow at the same time lol.

Same! Such a dilemma... Maybe TF2 or RO2 before NHL12 arrives.

Can't wait for either, really.

I actually just pre-ordered NHL 12 for my PS3 right before I came to my night class lol. But seriously, I'll have a lot to play until Dark Souls.

After this latest patch my FOV slider is definitely slid to the furthest right, but the max FOV is 75, instead of 90. WTF!?

oh and pre-loading the game :D

This is why:

The FoV cap change was implemented mostly due to performance issues. There are other aspects of it that need work as well.

The weapon specific fov changes were removed due to a bug that would cause players not to hit what they were shooting at.

Both of these were last minute additions to the game that did not work out properly. So they have been rolled back out for additional work/changes as needed.

http://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/showthread.php?t=62673

Interesting that being able to set FOV was a "last minute" addition.

Setting my FOV to 90 before this patch let me see through walls and I'm definitely not the only one. I could see that being the reasoning behind it rather than performance issues. Since the beginning of the beta, I've noticed a definite increase in performance though.

According to the store page countdown for me it is 10AM PST.

Just a reminder if anyone is looking for a last minute deal/purchase - http://hardforum.com/showthread.php?t=1635678

$24 at Getgames, but apparently you don't get the code right away? If the GMG coupon still works it is $27.16, you should get the code right away.

Pre-loading. Can't play until 5:30PM PST.

Very sad.

Not necessarily much of a loss. But I just don't expect multiplayer fps games to launch very smoothly these days.

Pre-loading. Can't play until 5:30PM PST.

Very sad.

Could try the trick which works with some games. Going in offline mode and setting the system time to whatever. Worked with dungeons and a few others...that game sucked though. There wont be much multiplayer at the time however, but the single player should be good to see.

Canceled my preorder tonight. Played the 'beta', but couldn't get used to the changes and kept exiting to play RO1. Just not for me I guess.

Canceled my preorder tonight. Played the 'beta', but couldn't get used to the changes and kept exiting to play RO1. Just not for me I guess.

dont you think RO1 looks like a cartoon compared to RO2 which i think is one of the best looking games out right now.

The last patch they put out fixed a lot of my performance issues.

I finally had some fun playing RO2 last night. Bolt action FTW!

It would be cool if they keep the beta version open and do things similar to what Valve does with the CS:S Beta or TF2 Beta.

I figured it would be out at midnight...what is the holdup? I can't even get on tripwires's forums!

I'm trying not to read into this delay too much, but to be honest it's got me kind of worried.
Why does Tripwire keep pushing it back without any sort of announcement? The unlock
time just keeps getting moved on the product page and that doesn't happen too often... maybe
their concerned that If they did make a formal announcement people would cancel their pre-orders???

I don't know...

I'm trying not to read into this delay too much, but to be honest it's got me kind of worried.
Why does Tripwire keep pushing it back without any sort of announcement? The unlock
time just keeps getting moved on the product page and that doesn't happen too often... maybe
their concerned that If they did make a formal announcement people would cancel their pre-orders???

I don't know...

Same. I think something funky is going on..... Honestly I have really just heard a lot of negative things about this game. And in case anybody is wondering I have played RO since it was a mod for UT2k3, I am disappointed.

fucking steam

downloads 8gb yesterday for the game

is downloading another 3gb now

NOT EVERYONE HAS FUCKING UNLIMITED BANDWIDTH

Steam just downloaded a 2.7 GB update for the preload. I hope this thing really does unlock in a hour

Store page just added another two hours. Will unlock in three hours.......................................

Last edited:
Tripwire Interactive, I'd like to introduce you to Valve Time. Valve Time, this is Tripwire Interactive... ;)

fucking steam

downloads 8gb yesterday for the game

is downloading another 3gb now

NOT EVERYONE HAS FUCKING UNLIMITED BANDWIDTH

agreed man...Comcast and their fucking cap is killing me

So.......RO2 product page is now showing 3 hrs....WTH?
It looks like Tripwire is just stalling at this point and it's going on 4PM EST, I'm beginning to think that it's not going to happen today.
Fine by me, but Tripwire could have done a better job of communicating this to those that pre-ordered, rather than just saying "The countdown timer means nothing, if your going off of that your only setting yourself up for disappointment"....

Last edited:
Sitting in the chat room for the RO2 steam group.

2:53 PM - [TW]Yoshiro: Ok
2:53 PM - [TW]Yoshiro: news from the front
2:53 PM - [TW]Yoshiro: We have uploaded the final files to valve
2:53 PM - [TW]Yoshiro: Release should be soon (+ or - valve time)

Back