xTexasfanx
Limp Gawd
- Joined
- Jul 5, 2011
- Messages
- 140
xTexasfanx, you should probably create your own thread. This isn't the place to post that.
i wanted to let some people know other wise no one would ever find the server
Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.
Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.
xTexasfanx, you should probably create your own thread. This isn't the place to post that.
anyone know where we could start a screenshot gallery that could be accessible to all?
photobucket? Blogger? Tumblr? Tinypic? Here?
create your own website with a gallery plugin of some kind
... what else is there but notepad? I usually use notepad for most of my websites... I learned HTML for a reason lol
I've used notepad++. They can be useful but I still just use tabbing/spacing in notepad and it works fine.
Edit, nvm Drstk if you want to join dont be so timid![]()
Hi all,
The server was lagging pretty bad, so I decided to reboot. Something happened, and I had to revert to a daily backup. I must be doing something wrong, because the forced save of the world I ran didn't work.
I'm really sorry for any lost work! I'll try and figure out with G1 what happened.
If you reboot the actual machine, the server folder is wiped out because we run in the ram.
I think a script that runs on shutdown that commits the ramdisk to disk would be better. When the system comes back up it should repopulate the ramdisk from the saved data. I don't know how much more lag hourly backups would cause.Time to make it an hourly backup![]()
I think a script that runs on shutdown that commits the ramdisk to disk would be better. When the system comes back up it should repopulate the ramdisk from the saved data. I don't know how much more lag hourly backups would cause.![]()
Time to get a real server i think, if we only run in ram and backups dont work and we cant reboot and theres lag... i mean i apprecaite g1's efforts in giving us a server but seriously guys, whats the deal what are we waiting for here???
That's the risk you take for speed.This idea is good too, but what if the server shuts down unexpectedly? You'd still have to revert to daily.
I'm sure Greatone123 and others will get it working. No need to step on people toes or jump ship just yet.Honestly it looks as though it's only about $15 - 20/mo for a 15-20 person server. I'd be willing to get one up and running. I also have a 25 person vent server if anyone was interested.
Time to make it an hourly backup![]()
I think a script that runs on shutdown that commits the ramdisk to disk would be better. When the system comes back up it should repopulate the ramdisk from the saved data. I don't know how much more lag hourly backups would cause.
That's the risk you take for speed.
The only thing that will mitigate that would be an UPS with host shutdown capability.
I'm sure Greatone123 and others will get it working. No need to step on people toes or jump ship just yet.
I am interested in the vent server though... I hate typing in game. Zexx said there was a TS server back in the day but people didn't use it.
I would drop some cash on helping pay for a server. We should raise the coin for a badass server for like a solid year or something.
Time to get a real server i think, if we only run in ram and backups dont work and we cant reboot and theres lag... i mean i apprecaite g1's efforts in giving us a server but seriously guys, whats the deal what are we waiting for here???
Vycor... im so tired of your bullshit. Get yourself a server ... we dont care.
Anyone can run the server if they like, if they can provide better hardware and service/uptime then feel free. I was only offering the free solution to everyone lol paid is always going to be better. Even the absolute cheapest MC host server is going to have DC quality net connections most likely. If the ram is low, just use less plugins I'm sure there are some that people won't miss if they are gone. More CPU power and HDD access is pretty well unmatched at those places.
We've had a vent server available since the beginning no one EVER used it.. so I took the signs down from spawn because of it...
Vycor, apprecaite the free server that G1 gives us. As with anything "free" its going to have its hiccups, but between Nick, G1, arr4ws and me, I think its been maintained very well and handled to this best of what we have available to us. If you want a server, go purchase one and pay the rental fees for us!
I think people are jumping the shark on a new server, the current one is fine, we just need to figure out which plugins aren't necessary or are taking up a large amount of resources for no good reason.
From what I remember the problem isn't with G1's net connection, instead the server was running out of resources. I'm not going to donate for a new server when what we have is working fine, however I think our money would be better spent getting the current server necessary upgrades. Just saying![]()
Vycor... im so tired of your bullshit. Get yourself a server ... we dont care.
Nick i thnk you broke the server
I'm sorryNick you incompetent turd!! You're fired!!![]()
If you reboot the actual machine, the server folder is wiped out because we run in the ram.
Time to get a real server i think, if we only run in ram and backups dont work and we cant reboot and theres lag... i mean i apprecaite g1's efforts in giving us a server but seriously guys, whats the deal what are we waiting for here???
This seems pretty uncalled for. This is HardOcp .. there is nothing wrong with wanting more and more powerful hardware... I say Vycor you should go for it and we do care.
Just so there's no surprises when I get back on how old was the backup? It'll give me a good gauge as to how many trees I'll have to re-punch tonight.Now.... everyone go back to punching trees.![]()
Just so there's no surprises when I get back on how old was the backup? It'll give me a good gauge as to how many trees I'll have to re-punch tonight.![]()
+1I would like to say thanks to Nick in the first place for attempting to help, he's been really helpful to me in maintaining the server, nick is an asset to the server, lets not scare him away :-P
I would like to say thanks to Nick in the first place for attempting to help, he's been really helpful to me in maintaining the server, nick is an asset to the server, lets not scare him away :-P
Nick we really need to find a time we can sit and learn the ins and outs of restarting things :-P