The Official HardCraft Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just so there's no surprises when I get back on how old was the backup? It'll give me a good gauge as to how many trees I'll have to re-punch tonight. :D

As G1 said, he had hourly backups. I just logged into check and I lost nothing. I logged off about 10pm CST last night, so I'm good :).

Thanks for the hourly backups!!! :D

well i just flashed my droid 1 to ss 3.4 and tried the minecraft apk.

froze my phone :(

This is a java based game being run via another container of sorts, and using a bunch of third party plug-ins. Half of which were probably created by 13 year old kids that don't know the first thing about code optimization and the like.

I hope this project gets finished! It's a minecraft server in C++ instead of java. So hopefully less memory leaks/problems. Probably not, but maybe...

When the minecraft client gets proper modding support, the add ons will get less jury rigged and help calm things down a bit too. :D

Hmm... I see we have both Lockette and LWC installed according to the last mods listing a few pages back. Could both mods be conflicting/overlapping causing lag as they both do basically the same thing?

I'm discovering that I'm not a big fan of Lockette as it messes with my sign placement. Some things I can do with signs in SSP to divert the flow of water don't work on HardCraft which kinda messed up my grinder design. :D Also both Zexx and I discovered that you cannot remove any block that has a sign on it which could be due to Lockette.

Hmm... I see we have both Lockette and LWC installed according to the last mods listing a few pages back. Could both mods be conflicting/overlapping causing lag as they both do basically the same thing?

I'm discovering that I'm not a big fan of Lockette as it messes with my sign placement. Some things I can do with signs in SSP to divert the flow of water don't work on HardCraft which kinda messed up my grinder design. :D Also both Zexx and I discovered that you cannot remove any block that has a sign on it which could be due to Lockette.

LWC is only used to prevent guests from opening chests, nothing else from it is implimented.

LWC is considerably more complicated to use over Lockette, which is why I chose lockette in the first place. Locket also lets us see who lives where by their locked chests and things.

if the sign keeps any block from being destroyed I think that's a great feature, can actually build something and fortify it so no one can get through, I'd keep the plugin just for that reason lol

LWC is only used to prevent guests from opening chests, nothing else from it is implimented.

LWC is considerably more complicated to use over Lockette, which is why I chose lockette in the first place. Locket also lets us see who lives where by their locked chests and things.

if the sign keeps any block from being destroyed I think that's a great feature, can actually build something and fortify it so no one can get through, I'd keep the plugin just for that reason lol
Ahh k... Just looking for what could be obvious conflicts or lag inducers. ;)

Wow... that's a really frakin good idea!

So I go to my grinder today, and noticed that activity around it was pretty weak so I decided to go in and check things out. It looks like someone who doesn't have any skills nor balls stole 5 of them and left me 1 skeleton spawner in there, that sure was nice of them to do. It's sad that I took the time to find and get these myself. I have a couple prime suspects though because I know that my grinder was asked about by a certain person... I can't prove anything but it's not cool, and just for the record Daniels name need not to be mentioned, he hasn't been on and the last time he was they were there...

This is some free advice by me:
If you need something or want something, ask for it, don't take from other people.
and maybe even consider finding stuff for yourself.

So I go to my grinder today, and noticed that activity around it was pretty weak so I decided to go in and check things out. It looks like someone who doesn't have any skills nor balls stole 5 of them and left me 1 skeleton spawner in there, that sure was nice of them to do. It's sad that I took the time to find and get these myself. I have a couple prime suspects though because I know that my grinder was asked about by a certain person... I can't prove anything but it's not cool, and just for the record Daniels name need not to be mentioned, he hasn't been on and the last time he was they were there...

This is some free advice by me:
If you need something or want something, ask for it, don't take from other people.
and maybe even consider finding stuff for yourself.

That's fricken horrible. I hope you get them back.

Hey sorry if i pissed anybody off, not my intention, although i dont really walk on eggshells as you guys know... but after trying to play last night and getting constant lag, i was a big ticked off. I havnt really played a lot lately because everytime i go on, its lagging to hell.

"go play elsewhere" yeah i could do that, but dont have much time these days to just start over, i spent a lot of time straight gathering resources/etc... and rather then go elsewhere, im fine bitching about lag here and there.

I've offered to host it, i've offered to put a new server in, nobody wanted to really do anything seriously. Sure some dont want me hosting it, hey thats fine i get that, but i mean for people to act as if it doesnt lag and to act as if its fine, come on now, grow a pair and just say whats really on your mind. I hate being the only one whos not afraid of saying whats on my mind for fear of hurting someones feelings. Im not some kid whos gonna "be a good boy" its a [H]ardCraft server, so it should be running on sufficient harware, not somebodys "netbook" as someone once called it.

I believe people are open to donating some cash to get it on a real hosting company so whats stopping everybody from actually going fowrad with that? Appoint someone in charge of handling donations and setting it up and be done with it.

If g1 doesnt have time, thats fine, i believe a few of you have a LOT of time on your hands it seems who can do this.

I had the time a month ago, dont have the time now, so dont even ask me (not that you would). If you wanna try it on my box, your more then welcome to access it. I'll give whoever wants access to it the details and you have free reign to do as you want. I'll turn it off/on/reboot it if you need, but other then that, its on you guys to do it. But thats my offer.

I dont wanna start warts but come on already, enoughs enough with the lag, been long overdo for some new harware in there.

The way i look at it few options

1) deal with the lag (which im sure nobody wants to do)
2) start a community pot and get a hosted server somewhere
3) use my free resources im offering
4) i beieve someone else offered some hardware as well earlier, a few threads ago, and their bandwidth

thats my rant...

-Evil old guy

It seems like lately we've been having a lot more thefts and general asshole-ish behavior.

The way i look at it few options

1) deal with the lag (which im sure nobody wants to do)
2) start a community pot and get a hosted server somewhere
3) use my free resources im offering
4) i beieve someone else offered some hardware as well earlier, a few threads ago, and their bandwidth

You forgot option #5: Shut the hell up and go play SSP.

BTW why dont i have build privilages anymore... i havnt done anything against the rules and last i checked, bitching and moaning wasnt a reason to get build rights taken away

I'm at work at the moment, so it wasn't me. But this is a private server, the admin(s) can do whatever they want.

If it isn't obvious to you yet, you've pissed off one too many people by your constant complaints and behavior. No one has been ignoring the lag like you seem to think. Just because we're not following your solutions, doesn't mean nothing is being done. Also, I play on the server just about every day. The lag is almost always present, but never to the point of being unplayable, and almost never even to the point of being a bother. I've been online with you, playing just fine, while you're bitching and moaning about lag.

Get. Over. It.

I know i've only just recently been more active again, but i really haven't had that much lag at the times when I am playing :-/

Damnit I want pink trees in the game. I want to make a happy kingdom of pink fluffy trees that conseal many ways of quick OTT painful death...

Download the DokiDoki texture pack, and then all you need is the "foliagecolor.png" file from the "misc" folder. Put it in whatever pack you're using, and you'll have pink trees sometimes. At first I thought they were a bit weird, but they've really grown on me, and I don't wanna go back to the usual colors :D lol

BTW why dont i have build privilages anymore... i havnt done anything against the rules and last i checked, bitching and moaning wasnt a reason to get build rights taken away

Theft, insults, rights taken away.. I don't bitch or care much about lag but I take offense at all of that. (FWIW since I'm so important. :D)

DP, a C++ compiled MC would be awesome and at least potentially so much tighter than java. There'd be memory leaks all over the place though. :p

DP, a C++ compiled MC would be awesome and at least potentially so much tighter than java. There'd be memory leaks all over the place though. :p

I can dream :p

Download the DokiDoki texture pack, and then all you need is the "foliagecolor.png" file from the "misc" folder. Put it in whatever pack you're using, and you'll have pink trees sometimes. At first I thought they were a bit weird, but they've really grown on me, and I don't wanna go back to the usual colors :D lol

But then noone else would see the pink wonderment! They all be confused by all the signs and me going on and on and on about a pink kingdom! It needs to be added to the base game! :D

Look, the lag has never been prohibitive for me, and I've been rolling in and out since the beginning. And I don't have a super fast connection (mid range uverse).
Sorry, Adam, but when it's a private server, bitching and moaning is plenty reason to see you off. Take the hint.

Or, grow up, get a decent connection there at home, and stop complaining.

But then noone else would see the pink wonderment! They all be confused by all the signs and me going on and on and on about a pink kingdom! It needs to be added to the base game! :D

That's true. I guess I'll enjoy my pink trees all to myself then :D

I'm not going to change anything related to plugins till after 1.8, the fewer the plugins we have the better the transition will be for us.

1.8 is going to take a LOT of work to get going. Because of the map structure 50% of the plugins will have to be reset/redone (nothing to do with 1.8)

Then there are the plugins that we use that are inactive, those I hope aren't broken because well... lets just say things will not be fun for a while...

remember sandman?

Just thought I'd leave this here :D

night shot:

2011-08-16_20.09.05.png

Hey look sorry if im upset a few people. May I have my build rights back please?

youre banned forever. no coming back for you.

thank you for letting us know how much of a prick you are.

so long!

Your welcome douche bag :) i always hated you... ever since you set my place on fire and killed me numerous times causing me to lose my armor/gear that i spent so long getting... eat it... sorry to the rest of you, this is really all aimed at arr4ws

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back