• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

The Official HardCraft Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
anyone know where we could start a screenshot gallery that could be accessible to all?
 
... what else is there but notepad? I usually use notepad for most of my websites... I learned HTML for a reason lol
 
... what else is there but notepad? I usually use notepad for most of my websites... I learned HTML for a reason lol

no need to punish yourself by using just notepad. At least upgrade to something with syntax highlighting, notepad++, ultraedit, etc. Or step it up and use an IDE like Aptana or just straight Eclipse.
 
I've used notepad++. They can be useful but I still just use tabbing/spacing in notepad and it works fine.
 
I've used notepad++. They can be useful but I still just use tabbing/spacing in notepad and it works fine.

notepad++ is great.


i used to use textpad but textpad doesnt have unicode support like notepad++
 
Edit, nvm Drstk if you want to join dont be so timid :)

haha sorry. i just wanted to check if i could log on the server. im at work atm, and the fans on my MBP started blowing when i logged on. co workers started looking over:p ill hop on later to check it out.
 
Hi all,

The server was lagging pretty bad, so I decided to reboot. Something happened, and I had to revert to a daily backup. I must be doing something wrong, because the forced save of the world I ran didn't work.

I'm really sorry for any lost work! I'll try and figure out with G1 what happened.
 
Hi all,

The server was lagging pretty bad, so I decided to reboot. Something happened, and I had to revert to a daily backup. I must be doing something wrong, because the forced save of the world I ran didn't work.

I'm really sorry for any lost work! I'll try and figure out with G1 what happened.

If you reboot the actual machine, the server folder is wiped out because we run in the ram.
 
Time to make it an hourly backup :)
I think a script that runs on shutdown that commits the ramdisk to disk would be better. When the system comes back up it should repopulate the ramdisk from the saved data. I don't know how much more lag hourly backups would cause. :D
 
Time to get a real server i think, if we only run in ram and backups dont work and we cant reboot and theres lag... i mean i apprecaite g1's efforts in giving us a server but seriously guys, whats the deal what are we waiting for here???
 
I think a script that runs on shutdown that commits the ramdisk to disk would be better. When the system comes back up it should repopulate the ramdisk from the saved data. I don't know how much more lag hourly backups would cause. :D

This idea is good too, but what if the server shuts down unexpectedly? You'd still have to revert to daily.

Time to get a real server i think, if we only run in ram and backups dont work and we cant reboot and theres lag... i mean i apprecaite g1's efforts in giving us a server but seriously guys, whats the deal what are we waiting for here???

Honestly it looks as though it's only about $15 - 20/mo for a 15-20 person server, so it wouldn't be a big deal to get one running. I'm up for whatever, but I've gotten to know everyone who has been on in the last week, and I'd rather not do anything that's going to separate our community.



Btw, in case anyone's interested, I have a 25 person vent server if you'd prefer talking over typing.
 
This idea is good too, but what if the server shuts down unexpectedly? You'd still have to revert to daily.
That's the risk you take for speed. :D

The only thing that will mitigate that would be an UPS with host shutdown capability.
Honestly it looks as though it's only about $15 - 20/mo for a 15-20 person server. I'd be willing to get one up and running. I also have a 25 person vent server if anyone was interested.
I'm sure Greatone123 and others will get it working. No need to step on people toes or jump ship just yet.

I am interested in the vent server though... I hate typing in game. Zexx said there was a TS server back in the day but people didn't use it.
 
Time to make it an hourly backup :)




I think a script that runs on shutdown that commits the ramdisk to disk would be better. When the system comes back up it should repopulate the ramdisk from the saved data. I don't know how much more lag hourly backups would cause.


There is an hourly backup already, and I don't shut down the server so I never needed it before. I don't plan on shutting down the server in the future either :-P talk to nick about that one :-P


when I do have to reboot (hardware upgrades is the only reason I do), I run the back up script manually then when I create the ramdisk it auto pulls from the latest backup.


There is no real reason to reboot the the hardware, the server has no tasks or services running besides minecraft so stoping the server and starting it back up is all you need to do (software not hardware)


Anyone can run the server if they like, if they can provide better hardware and service/uptime then feel free. I was only offering the free solution to everyone lol paid is always going to be better. Even the absolute cheapest MC host server is going to have DC quality net connections most likely. If the ram is low, just use less plugins I'm sure there are some that people won't miss if they are gone. More CPU power and HDD access is pretty well unmatched at those places.




We've had a vent server available since the beginning no one EVER used it.. so I took the signs down from spawn because of it...
 
I would drop some cash on helping pay for a server. We should raise the coin for a badass server for like a solid year or something.
 
That's the risk you take for speed. :D

The only thing that will mitigate that would be an UPS with host shutdown capability.

I'm sure Greatone123 and others will get it working. No need to step on people toes or jump ship just yet.

I am interested in the vent server though... I hate typing in game. Zexx said there was a TS server back in the day but people didn't use it.

Same. Wouldnt mind having a TS server at all.

Vycor is not invited ;)
 
I would drop some cash on helping pay for a server. We should raise the coin for a badass server for like a solid year or something.

This we dont need.

I have a server up and running, however I was unable to attain some new chips for the server. I will be attempting to pick them up again in November as this is the only period of time I will have available to head up to ATL to pick them up.
 
Time to get a real server i think, if we only run in ram and backups dont work and we cant reboot and theres lag... i mean i apprecaite g1's efforts in giving us a server but seriously guys, whats the deal what are we waiting for here???

Vycor... im so tired of your bullshit. Get yourself a server ... we dont care.
 
I think people are jumping the shark on a new server, the current one is fine, we just need to figure out which plugins aren't necessary or are taking up a large amount of resources for no good reason.

From what I remember the problem isn't with G1's net connection, instead the server was running out of resources. I'm not going to donate for a new server when what we have is working fine, however I think our money would be better spent getting the current server necessary upgrades. Just saying ;)
 
Vycor... im so tired of your bullshit. Get yourself a server ... we dont care.

Vycor, apprecaite the free server that G1 gives us. As with anything "free" its going to have its hiccups, but between Nick, G1, arr4ws and me, I think its been maintained very well and handled to this best of what we have available to us. If you want a server, go purchase one and pay the rental fees for us!
 
Anyone can run the server if they like, if they can provide better hardware and service/uptime then feel free. I was only offering the free solution to everyone lol paid is always going to be better. Even the absolute cheapest MC host server is going to have DC quality net connections most likely. If the ram is low, just use less plugins I'm sure there are some that people won't miss if they are gone. More CPU power and HDD access is pretty well unmatched at those places.

I'm up for whatever, really. I plan on playing with you guys for a while if you'd have me, so like I said, I'd rather not do anything to divide everyone. I haven't had very many issues. The only thing I can think is that when we have 8-9 people on, it starts to lag so we might be outgrowing the limits of the current server/connection. I don't want to pretend I'd be an expert on this though, just my observation.

We've had a vent server available since the beginning no one EVER used it.. so I took the signs down from spawn because of it...

Yeah, no one's ever on mine either, expect I have friends that still use it. It's very little $ a month, so I just keep it. I'd be the same way with a MC server. I can easily donate the $15-20/mo to the cause if people really wanted to go this route.
 
Vycor, apprecaite the free server that G1 gives us. As with anything "free" its going to have its hiccups, but between Nick, G1, arr4ws and me, I think its been maintained very well and handled to this best of what we have available to us. If you want a server, go purchase one and pay the rental fees for us!

I completely agree, they are doing an outstanding job.
 
I think people are jumping the shark on a new server, the current one is fine, we just need to figure out which plugins aren't necessary or are taking up a large amount of resources for no good reason.

From what I remember the problem isn't with G1's net connection, instead the server was running out of resources. I'm not going to donate for a new server when what we have is working fine, however I think our money would be better spent getting the current server necessary upgrades. Just saying ;)

I'm not sure the server needs any upgrades, it's more than powerful to handle what we're running. It more than likely the plugins.
 
Vycor... im so tired of your bullshit. Get yourself a server ... we dont care.

This seems pretty uncalled for. This is HardOcp .. there is nothing wrong with wanting more and more powerful hardware... I say Vycor you should go for it and we do care.
 
I'm new to the group but I do think a few mods could be culled. The elevator mod is neat but doesn't work too well in lag ending up in a flying-not-allowed-kick then fall several stories to the ground. Minecart Mania seems to be hit or miss whether it'll work or not. Up to the server vets though as to what mods we need or want... I'm just here for the ride really. :)

Although I would love to see the palistone mod working. :D
 
Nick i thnk you broke the server
Nick you incompetent turd!! You're fired!! ;)
I'm sorry :(

If you reboot the actual machine, the server folder is wiped out because we run in the ram.

That's what I did, reboot the actual server... I thought I was being smart by forcing a save of the world... obviously not. I'll PM you in a little bit.

Time to get a real server i think, if we only run in ram and backups dont work and we cant reboot and theres lag... i mean i apprecaite g1's efforts in giving us a server but seriously guys, whats the deal what are we waiting for here???

We do have a real server. But you live in a fantasy world where you think MC servers run perfectly all the time. We're not dealing with well maintained and supported software here. This is a java based game being run via another container of sorts, and using a bunch of third party plug-ins. Half of which were probably created by 13 year old kids that don't know the first thing about code optimization and the like.

A little bit of down time here and there is to be expected. The recent lag issues we're working on, and getting under control. Unfortunately with the memory leaks MC has, short of a regular reboot, there's very little we can do.

This seems pretty uncalled for. This is HardOcp .. there is nothing wrong with wanting more and more powerful hardware... I say Vycor you should go for it and we do care.

Read his other posts, it won't seem nearly as uncalled for. Seriously Vycor, there's no reason to be an ass about it. Others are making the same suggestion as you, but look how they're doing it; respectfully and without making less of all the hard work G1 has put towards the server.

--

Okay people, JUST CALM DOWN! This recent problem was purely admin error! I made a mistake in rebooting the server, and didn't do it correctly! It won't happen again, I promise! Now.... everyone go back to punching trees. :)
 
I would like to say thanks to Nick in the first place for attempting to help, he's been really helpful to me in maintaining the server, nick is an asset to the server, lets not scare him away :-P

Nick we really need to find a time we can sit and learn the ins and outs of restarting things :-P



I've noticed some issues even when I'm gaming that I didn't have before... I'm starting to lean towards the really cheap looking modem that TWC gave me recently when I upgraded to eXtreme RR, which has only been a couple month. I'm going to get me one of those SB6120 motorola modems, supposed to be pretty dang nice as far as modems go.
 
Just so there's no surprises when I get back on how old was the backup? It'll give me a good gauge as to how many trees I'll have to re-punch tonight. :D

It was a daily backup I restored, and someone who was playing just before I restored said they didn't lose anything... so maybe you didn't lose anything...

If you did, and need help, you can take some of my materials stored up. Go to my home, or warp to sky castle and go down to pumpkin island if you don't have permission yet.
 
I would like to say thanks to Nick in the first place for attempting to help, he's been really helpful to me in maintaining the server, nick is an asset to the server, lets not scare him away :-P
+1

Just ask me how I got my nickname. Let's just say it involved a production server and an unplanned test of our DR plan. :D
 
I would like to say thanks to Nick in the first place for attempting to help, he's been really helpful to me in maintaining the server, nick is an asset to the server, lets not scare him away :-P

Nick we really need to find a time we can sit and learn the ins and outs of restarting things :-P

Thank you :) It's my pleasure!

And that's what I was going to PM you about. Getting some instruction on this would be helpful :)
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top