The Official HardCraft Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh god, my luck is not good! I vote to never update past the 1.whatever we are now!

Just out of curiosity, have we thought of a hosting company instead of someone's private net connection or equipment?

Is there something preventing that? I would totally donate or set it up and take a recurring donation through Paypal to pay for it..

Me and G1 have been speaking the last few days about coming up with a solution. Obviously hosting companies cost money. G1 was gratious enough to let us leech his home internet and host the server but its getting laggy lately we all notice. I have a 100Mbps/15Mbps connection at my office with 5 static IP's and offered to let him host it at my office. I have a few extra servers laying around but after bench testing them realized they won't support more then a core2 duo processor. I have a spare quad-core laying around and toyed with the idea of buying a new motherboard and 16GB of ram to put in the server.

I didnt wanna step on any toes so i havnt ordered anything or done anything other then speak with g1 about it. Im really leaving up to him what he wants to do. Im sure he'd like to have his internet connection back and my office conneciton isnt the FASTEST but its really the fastest public internet you can get now, outside of googles fiber network they are beta testing (and of course hosting companies, lets be real here they have real bandwidth but cost money).

But our office connection is definitly faster then a home connection and based on a calculation we should be able to support 45 people online on the connection.

Wouldnt cost the community anything just cost me $250 outta pocket which im willing to spend up front if it means no more lag.

but its getting laggy lately we all notice.

Actually, we found a big cause of that earlier today. Turns out those autosort chests at the grinder were crazed. You should have SEEN the mass amounts of drops when dude and arr4ws broke them down........

SO MANY ARROWS IT MADE THE SERVER GO INTO A SLIDE SHOW

Just out of curiosity, have we thought of a hosting company instead of someone's private net connection or equipment?

Is there something preventing that? I would totally donate or set it up and take a recurring donation through Paypal to pay for it..

Problem is affording a server that's not a downgrade. They off the internet speed but hardware is expensive.

I can imagine, probably like setting off a lot of TNT and waiting for it to finish its thing.

So whatcha wanna do G1, skip a quad core and maybe look at an i7 solution? I dont have any i7's laying around, could look into possibly an i5 maybe. I said the quad-core cause i have it laying around, even though an i5 is way better, would require the purchase of that chipset. I dunno let me know what your thoughts are, i can spend a little $$ to help out but not a ton, i have a wedding to pay for.

I can imagine, probably like setting off a lot of TNT and waiting for it to finish its thing.

So whatcha wanna do G1, skip a quad core and maybe look at an i7 solution? I dont have any i7's laying around, could look into possibly an i5 maybe. I said the quad-core cause i have it laying around, even though an i5 is way better, would require the purchase of that chipset. I dunno let me know what your thoughts are, i can spend a little $$ to help out but not a ton, i have a wedding to pay for.

I'd be willing to kick in a little coinage for any upgrades for the server. I'm sure it would be nice to offload the bandwidth to a business connection instead of g1's home connection.

PM me if you want.

Yup, I can't connect either.

Also, sent you a PM g1

edit: nvm just got back on

Buck_Futter is still learning how to use lava;

minecraft-buck-01.png

minecraft-buck-02.png

minecraft-buck-03.png

:D

ohhhhh that was sneaky! totally did that behind your back!

NOTE: Doing some work on server, may be down/up at random times ;)

Last edited:
out of the release notes:

Fixed network packets being sent unbuffered, causing huge amounts of packets being sent(possible cause of some lag?)

Fixed loads of exploding tnt generating way too many particles, possibly crashing the client(more TNT boom now?)

Taking server down to physically move it, bit of rearranging needs to be done in there, sorry everyone.

edit: done.

Last edited:
dang 1.6 fixed mine cart boosters...guess they aren't really needed thouh with the powered track

wish he would fix clouds permeating through other objects

wish he would fix clouds permeating through other objects

i dont think that will be fixed any time soon. how would the program know? not a big issue for me though, i tend to build on groundlevel due to lacking imagination :(

So where'd we leave off on the server upgrades? G1 what are your thoughts here? Do you want to use my connection at the office to host it or keep it on your system at home? Do you wanna buy the upgrades and try it at your house, do we wanna start a paypal fund and i'll upgrade my existing one and host, do we wanna start a paypal fund and maybe just get a hosted solution out there in the world? Not sure what they go for

i dont think that will be fixed any time soon. how would the program know? not a big issue for me though, i tend to build on groundlevel due to lacking imagination :(

He could always put the clouds higher than the player ceiling.

So where'd we leave off on the server upgrades? G1 what are your thoughts here? Do you want to use my connection at the office to host it or keep it on your system at home? Do you wanna buy the upgrades and try it at your house, do we wanna start a paypal fund and i'll upgrade my existing one and host, do we wanna start a paypal fund and maybe just get a hosted solution out there in the world? Not sure what they go for

I was digging around my server room, found the old Hardcraft server, popped it open, forgot what it ran with. it's better then what I have currently so we'll try that see how it goes. This way we'll know if it's hardware or net connection.

how does lighting know that there is a solid surface in the way? How does the water know where to flow? He just has to program it..though I guess optimization is not their strong suite.

You son of a bitch.

Sorry, I couldn't help myself ;)

Also, looking at the dynamic map; whoever built a rail line directly over/nearby Pumpkin Island; can you please move it? I was going to be expanding on it, and building a tower directly over the entrance to my lair... I was also going to be building a floating island near by as well.

Thank you! :)

how does lighting know that there is a solid surface in the way? How does the water know where to flow? He just has to program it..though I guess optimization is not their strong suite.

I think he was pointing out that you would want to treat a wall different from how a room is treated. For example, you wouldn't want a cloud inside your house but what about if there's just a wall in the way. The cloud should be able to exist on both sides of the wall.

I'd like to see clouds raised up higher or done away with in enclosed spaces as well. One of my major complaints when building up high, or a very tall structure. It's really hard to see what you're doing inside the cloud layer.

Sorry, I couldn't help myself ;)

Also, looking at the dynamic map; whoever built a rail line directly over/nearby Pumpkin Island; can you please move it? I was going to be expanding on it, and building a tower directly over the entrance to my lair... I was also going to be building a floating island near by as well.

Thank you! :)

I did cause you haven't touched that place in ages, lol

It's alright I take it down, I can walk across the map to get from home to home. I better see some development on it soon tho!

Lol, I've been working underground ;) Though the stone bunker on top is fairly new. :p

Thank you kindly sir :)

Last edited by a moderator:
I'd like to see clouds raised up higher or done away with in enclosed spaces as well. One of my major complaints when building up high, or a very tall structure. It's really hard to see what you're doing inside the cloud layer.

Set graphics to "fast" makes the clouds a single thin sheet (also makes trees look nicer)

The Bedrock Cafe is now open for business, feel free to stop by (and try the suicide pit!)

Access is made by taking the minecart tracks all the way down, the entrance is on the Corsair Lake boardwalk. Currently mushroom soup and bread is on the menu, but I'm open to suggestions for future items.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back